3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday, Jan 20, 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/223019-ip-daily-chat-thursday-jan-20-2011-a.html)

amber2beme 01-20-2011 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK i have attached the carb count spreadsheet that i got from my clinic. I must say that HOLY COW I am going to have to do net carbs. it isn't possible for me to only take in 20-25 carbs when my chocolate drink has 9 my strawberry pudding has 6 and my vanilla pudding has 3. and then i take in 1 with my rtd vanilla portion that i put in my coffee. that's 19 just from the packets!!!! and the vegetables have a lot more than i thought. I am going to recalculate things taking away the fiber from the carb amount and see if this makes it easier. I think i must have REALLY been doing like 40 or something a day. maybe that's why i have been hungrier, wonder if that was enough to get me out of ketosis.
on the birth control not. i take loestrin24 which makes you have a very short cycle and i honestly only get a light flow every couple months, cause i have always had light and short periods. this last week i noticed for 2 days i had spotting. kinda freaked me out so i was reading past posts on the bc issue. I ended up calling my doc and she totally said yes for sure such a quick release of fat cells releases more estrogen into the system (since that's where a lot of estrogen is stored) so my pills may not be as effective. she said she would just take extra precaution if she was me. after talking to my boyfriend we have just decided to put it in the hands of the gods and i will continue to take my bc as usual. honestly, i'm not really wanting to lose all this weight and then get prego and we really can't afford it. but i wouldn't be too terribly upset. ;)

Have a great day everyone!!!!

k9trainer 01-20-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3664404)
Hello.

Welcome to the site!!! Read the very first post today about how to get your weight tickler. There are requirements that have to be met before you can get one. :)

Got it! Thanks. I obviously skimmed that part. I have only been a member for a day so got a few more to go.

dollarnme 01-20-2011 11:02 AM

I think you have to be a member for 20 days with 20 posts.

Pegsi 01-20-2011 11:04 AM

Weight tickler... I love that hee hee!

Goodmorning everyone I sure love when I get the time in the morning to read everyones questions statements and comments.

We are all doing so good and everyone seems to be quite content..just the way I like it!

Potty mouth!
I have had a problem with the Big C for 3 days now. I usually take floralax (an ip product) but I ran out and didn't make it to my clinic til yesterday (realized I had to go because I really needed to go! lol) So I double dosed yesterday and finally became unC'd this AM but boy are my guts and stomach talking now! Hopefully along with the bowel movement (gross) there will be a scale/weight movement! Both have been stuck for days! LOL

mepeterson 01-20-2011 11:32 AM

So Carla posted on another thread that there are people on the daily thread that are wondering about phasing off prior to surgery and recomendations for recover.
I will speak to this as I have had a round of HUGE surgeries during my IP experience. I phased off IP I think maybe a few weeks prior to my surgery. I did phase 2 & 3. Some people will not have to do this but please consult with your physician prior to making any changes. Mine wanted me to be pretty carb loaded due to the time spent on the operating table.
I was not cleard to go back on IP for quite some time and simply tried to pair my foods together as I was taught in phase 4. For example... If I had carbs I had protein as well so that my inculin and glucagon levels did not spike so high.
My case is probably a little differient than others will be since my surgery was so intensive. Best advise is consult your physician prior to any changes and make a plan.
I did attept IP again after I was cleared but had some more medical stuff happen and was put on steroids. I sort of gave up after that since I was gaining weight even being compliant (side effect of steroids) I then went on vacation.
I am happy to say that I am no longer on steroids and am back from vacation and on day 2 of my program again. It has been really hard for me to get back into the swing of things but I am trying to be kind to myself.
If you have any other questions or need any advise for upcoming surgeries feel free to pm me!!!

hwntula 01-20-2011 12:01 PM

I haven't been here since last week. I was discouraged because I was having a hard time, taking the vitimins, getting regimented, and drinking water. It was my first week afterall. I was not happy with my couch for IP, she lacks knowledge. I went in for my first weigh in and I lost 4 lbs. I thought I should have lost more, I had stuck to the plan (I thought), I did have 2 pieces of gum and I added "0" everything creamer to my coffee. When I went to weigh in (On Monday) they didn't have the same tape measure so it appears I gained inches in some places and lost in others. Go figure. I then went to pick out my product only to fund slim pickens' which made me more frustrated (the order wasn't in yet, I bought 2 boxes and said to call me when the order comes in, NO CALL and it's Thursday). I went home and ate a piece of cake (LOL). I went right back on it, I feel great since my body has adjusted to less, and I'm not having hunger pains. I've organized my vitamins and I'm taking them at scheduled times and my water count is up. Had my BP checked on Monday and it was down to 134/71, which is great for me. So as long as I feel better, regardless of weight, I will carry on! Hugs!:cool:

showgirlaz 01-20-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toothgirl (Post 3664274)
Carla, I read in yesterday's post that you like the Costco brand protein drinks. Are they as good as the IP version? I wouldn't mind trying them but you have to buy a boat load (aka case)of them.
So sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.

They are higher in protein and a calories. They do include some added vitamins. I like them. As an alternate they are a good replacement. The flavor is right (for me) and the texture is creamy.

I was hesitant at first too. I decided to do it anyway. I tried them while I was on break and used them to keep the protein level up in my diet. Now, they are just a convenient extra. BF is still using them so, we have them in the house mostly for him. He has a picky palette and tends to think they are pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane49 (Post 3664306)
Good Morning IP'ers......Another COLD day here in Jersey and more snow on the way...Thank u all for the kinds words !!

NSV !! after WI and hitting my 1st goal...I decided to pull out the tote of stuff from my thinner days.....I had 'complained' a few wks ago about my bras being too big... my daughter workd at Victorias secret for years and she got me tons of discounted stuff....I have matching bras and panties in every color and style u can imagine......THEY FIT AGAIN !!.....

Last night's dinner : EVOO, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 c canned diced tomatoes,1 large bag fresh kale....simmer til kale is wilted down, adding a bit of water so it does not stick......(serve w 5oz beef,pork,veal or 7oz of fish)....I had leftover pork roast so I had pork with it....so simple and WOW...so DELISH....Hub loved it,too!!

HAVE A GREAT 100% IP DAY !!!

:congrat: What a nice way to spend your day!! I love pretty lingerie! So happy you are able to wear yours!!

Dinner sounds DELISH!! I have done the kale before and it really is a yummy, hearty side dish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3664375)
Carla.....WOW, is the only word that I can get to come out of my mouth. You are just so awesome to take the time to read and respond to so many posts!!!! I've been sitting here for 40 minutes just trying to catch up on the posts from last night.. LOL

Regarding my post about my coach and the girl that decided to quit. I need to clarify, my coach is fabulous and not against giving out this forum website. She told me she was going to go on it and read all of the posts as well. She is also on the IP program and I told her about the threads with all of the recipes.

The members on this forum are the best group of people that I've ever come across and it's such a wealth of combined knowledge, it blows me away.

One question. I thought I read way back in November that we can weigh our protein (fish, chicken, beef, etc) after it's cooked. I'm going to have to weigh before and after to see what the difference really is.

I am glad your coach is fabulous. (I wasn't trying to imply she wasn't.) Regarding my comment about switching, sometimes people need to find a coach that is a good motivator for their personally. You know how we click with some people and not with others? Personality matters a great deal when it comes to finding the right coach. The most knowledgeable coach can rub someone the wrong way or not be able to motivate them. It really is ok to find a right fit and I hope that client finds what it takes to motivate them.

Precooked, post-cooked... that is the question. :) Yes, you can do a post-cooked measurement. It is not on the protocol though. You will find if you do post cooked you may get a 1/2 oz to 1 oz difference. WHY? Because a 7oz precooked piece of meat contains fat and fluids that cook out. You are left with a 5oz piece of whole meat. This means you are getting more calories (protein and fat) than if you had "shrunk down" a 5 oz piece. It is not something to through you out of ketosis. It may stall you a bit if you are close to goal when the portion size really begins to matter.

AND, although we can not convert carbs to protein, EXCESSS PROTEIN that is unused by the body is converted from protein to "sugars aka glucose" so, too much protein at a sitting and you might spike your insulin. You might also pull yourself out of ketosis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly0618 (Post 3664393)
Good morning!

I have my WI#3 today and I am very excited. The only thing I am not happy about is that I get weighed at 5:00 pm since I get off work at 4 so I am heavier than in the mornings, and of course I want to see lower numbers on the scale. :)
Also I have been weighing in my military uniform and I have weighed the diference with and without it and it is like 2 pounds!! Ha ha Ha, I guess I am being just picky, I am still loosing weight and inches so I am very happy.

About the birth control issue, Yes , my coach told me about this when I went to my first appointment. I am not worried though because my husband is deployed and he won't be back until I am already out of the program.

Have a nice day!!!

I had that issue, sort of. I always went by my official weigh in but, I also always weighed at home, in the morning and kept track of my real weight. It helped me to not freak out. If you are consistent with your weigh in time and attire, although the number will be higher, the losses should be real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulleriina (Post 3664410)
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???

Carla ♥♥ please, 1-2 tsp or tbsp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulleriina (Post 3664440)
:( I'm stabilizing and still in phase 1:mad:

Have a great IP day everyone, this works (not for me right now ), I can wait!

1Tbsp oil(14g) - 14 g fat and 124 cal

1tsp oil (4g)- 5g fat and 40 cal

you can see that a tablespoon is almost 3 times more than a tsp. So two tablespoons is nearly 6 times more. For some people, that added difference from 2tsp (10g fat and 80 cal a day) to 2tbsp (28g fat and 248 cal) is HUGE. It is enough to stall them.

Try to stay at 2tsp a day. If you have a reason go up by 1 tsp (almost at 1TBSP at that point). Very few need to go all the way to 2 tbsp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3664484)
WI #2 today. Little bit nervous as my scale at home has not really moved in 3 days. Not sure why as I am only 11 days into IP. I have not cheated and followed protocol. The only thing I know I could do better at is measure my oil intake a bit better. Feeling great though.

Heres to all and a 100% IP day! We can do it.

It is not uncommon for a great week one to be followed by an average or low week 2. SO, if it happens, don't stress and move on. You will find next week goes better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3664497)
Good morning all,

Question of the day
: Is anyone else getting sick of hearing how unhealthy this and it is bad for us to eat protein and lose weight?

it is definitely a common topic. :) One of the old posters use to have a saying, "it is non of my business what other people think of me." I think it goes with this too. What they think of YOUR diet is their business. If they keep it up, just start asking them about THEIR healthy diet. I am sure there are a few "ding dong" or "oreo" bombs you can blow up! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3664566)
Can pickled okra in a jar be eaten on phase 1? I have not looked at the lable, but would think you might be able to if you can eat pickles from a jar which are pickled cucumbers. As long as it was 0/0/0 it would be ok right?

YES!! I love my okra! Just look for one that is low carb and doesn't have a sugar in the ingredients.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliebug82 (Post 3664599)

Carla, I am saddened to hear about your uncle, but know that his life must have been greatly enriched by having you in it. Just here, to virtual strangers, you are so generous and compassionate.

Congratulations on getting through day 3! Thanks for starting the thread today!

I was NOT told this! Thank you. I was wondering why I got TOM TWICE(!!!) this month when I'm normally very, um, normal. :D As for the birth control, Ladies...be careful when you BCBC! (brown chicken brown cow, aka bowchickabowwow...you know what I'm talking about here!)

Mad love to you all, have an awesome IP day!

Thank you! He really was a great person. Very kind and a gentle soul. He taught me about horses, how to ride a motorcycle, how to drive a car, and how to water ski. I always loved summers at his farm house with my cousins. He was 90 years old so, he lived a long life. He is actually my great uncle (grandma's brother). With him passing she is the last of her immediate family alive. That knowledge is a bit hard on her this week.

Thanks, again! It wasn't as hard getting here as I thought! YEAH! Now to get into next week. :) I was hoping to give Sheila a break. I will have to message her.

Some coaches forget to tell ladies about the BC issues. Some male coaches aren't aware of it. Definitely expect that you could have fluctuations and changes as a result of the hormone changes. In my case, my cycle shortened up! NOT a desired result in my book! :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3664644)
OK i have attached the carb count spreadsheet that i got from my clinic. I must say that HOLY COW I am going to have to do net carbs. ... that's 19 just from the packets!!!! and the vegetables have a lot more than i thought. I am going to recalculate things taking away the fiber from the carb amount and see if this makes it easier. I think i must have REALLY been doing like 40 or something a day. maybe that's why i have been hungrier, wonder if that was enough to get me out of ketosis.
on the birth control not. i ..this last week i noticed for 2 days i had spotting. kinda freaked me out so i was reading past posts on the bc issue. I ended up calling my doc and she totally said yes for sure such a quick release of fat cells releases more estrogen into the system (since that's where a lot of estrogen is stored) so my pills may not be as effective. ...

Have a great day everyone!!!!

It is INCREDIBLY hard to get in the 20 to 25 carb range as whole carbs and use packets. You can do it on Atkins using meat only but, that is harder on the kidneys relative to our plan. You would have to use the lowest puddings and soup packets and only greens and lettuce to make it in that range, whole carb on our plan and, I THINK, the greens would have to be raw much of the time. Definitely plan to do net carbs!

DEFINITELY! If you are around or above 40g of carbs, that IS the window where some people start to come out of ketosis. A lucky few can stay in ketosis until about 70g but, the majority of people are out of ketosis in the mid 40's. A low carb diet is still considered to be below 125g but, it is not a ketogenic diet. If you are dancing around in and out of ketosis you will be hungry, possibly losing muscle, have some cravings, and, sometimes, feeling a bit more emotional or irritable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegsi (Post 3664762)
Weight tickler... I love that hee hee!

We are all doing so good and everyone seems to be quite content..just the way I like it!

Potty mouth!
I have had a problem with the Big C for 3 days now. I usually take floralax (an ip product) but I ran out and didn't make it to my clinic til yesterday (realized I had to go because I really needed to go! lol) So I double dosed yesterday and finally became unC'd this AM but boy are my guts and stomach talking now! Hopefully along with the bowel movement (gross) there will be a scale/weight movement! Both have been stuck for days! LOL

Agreed! Everyone is pretty content right now. :)

I have to try that floralax this time. I had big C issues and would like to avoid it this time round. Nice to know it works so well! ;)

Aunt Sheshie 01-20-2011 12:14 PM

NSV!.. after whining & feeling sorry for myself & generally being a big baby a couple of days ago because I still wasn't losing my jelly belly, I was surprised this morning to find that the black jeans, size 10, I wore to a party on Dec. 10 (they were tight then, but I could get them on & zipped) are actually a little bit loose now!!!.. ah, such relief!.. I was almost ready to give up, phase off, & just forget about ever losing that darned tummy pouch... maybe it's still shrinking after all, just more slowly than before... nope, not giving up now!.. IP is the BEST!!!..

hugs :hug:

dollarnme 01-20-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3664965)
NSV!.. after whining & feeling sorry for myself & generally being a big baby a couple of days ago because I still wasn't losing my jelly belly, I was surprised this morning to find that the black jeans, size 10, I wore to a party on Dec. 10 (they were tight then, but I could get them on & zipped) are actually a little bit loose now!!!.. ah, such relief!.. I was almost ready to give up, phase off, & just forget about ever losing that darned tummy pouch... maybe it's still shrinking after all, just more slowly than before... nope, not giving up now!.. IP is the BEST!!!..

Good for you! that is such an awesome feeling!!:carrot:

juiceman11 01-20-2011 01:38 PM

Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.

I wish you all well in your IP journey. I have a ways to go, but it has been great so far.

Thanks for the support in this forum!

SJackson 01-20-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie (Post 3664965)

Never give up!!!! You are doing great!!!!

:cheer3::cheer3::cheer2::cheer2:

juiceman11 01-20-2011 01:43 PM

Question....can you consume too much apple cider vinegar or vinegars for that matter? Can it be harmful? Can it mess with the Ph of our systems?

I like apple cider vinegar with select spices for salad dressing and only use it with my salads. I have started to skip putting oil in it so I can have my oil to cook with. My coach says it is ok and not to worry about amounts.

I still do not like the WF dressings.

tbf410 01-20-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutieEli (Post 3664488)
Good morning beautiful people!!! ;)

This morning I was late and I forgot to take my "thinning" pills (that's what I like to call them) with me!!!!!!
All my vitamins for this morning...do you think I should just take the ones with my supper or take both tonight...will it be too much?

I usually put a week's worth in a plastic carry on but I forgot last night with everything that is going on!!!

Anywho...I was reading on Dr. Tran's site and I got inspired and kept reading over and over again..and I decided that I was going to put in on my mirror on my closet so I will see it every morning! Here it is :

"When you go on a diet, you have the courage to decide that you are going to accept yourself and stop beating yourself up. If you do not make that decision, you might just spend your life at the train station, waiting and waiting. But what are you waiting for? You’re waiting to take charge of your life. You must ask yourself a crucial question: “Am I finally going to decide to accept myself the way I am or am I going to continue to let life pass me by and even have negative thoughts about myself?”

I always take all of mine in the morning so I don't forget so taking all of them at nice is no problem. My coach told me it is more important to make sure I get them in rather than when I take them.

longdivision 01-20-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3664484)
WI #2 today. Little bit nervous as my scale at home has not really moved in 3 days. Not sure why as I am only 11 days into IP. I have not cheated and followed protocol. The only thing I know I could do better at is measure my oil intake a bit better. Feeling great though.

Heres to all and a 100% IP day! We can do it.

i have WI2 today as well! also a bit nervous because my scale actually went up 1.5 lbs today. i have not done anything differently and have not cheated one bit. hopefully i'll show more inches lost this week than weight.

good luck!!!

tbf410 01-20-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman11 (Post 3665149)
Back from WI #2 - lost 8.2# this week for a total of 17.8 in the 11 days I have been on IP. Lost 2.5" from my chest, 2" from my waist and 1" from my hips. It was a great WI. Around 16% body fat lost. This is working quickly and I feel I can keep doing this.

I wish you all well in your IP journey. I have a ways to go, but it has been great so far.

Thanks for the support in this forum!

Yay! That is so exciting!