Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Mon. 22 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning! Here's to a great week for us all! I am Thankful for you and your support via this board!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone...Well its Monday and I have a new outfit to wear today...The group started calling me skinny mini...just think what I'll be called after I lose 50 lbs..
The weekend was hard..we went up to Dallas..I had all my stuff..but we got a flat and didn't get home til 3 am...where we were didn't have the veggies I needed..but I made it and came home and ate a nice helping of veggies Sunday...
I am so enjoying how a cucumber taste...Love them...
Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Default No Cheat Thanksgiving

Ok I went grocery shopping I'm armed with good things for Thanksgiving.
I'm doing all the normal cooking..but
I have one area that will have the healthy choices and my Daughter in law is backing me up..the men started to panic..they thought they wouldn't have the goodies..wow talk about whining...

I have my turnips-green beans-salad-turkey- and I bought walden farms strawberry jelly for my cranberry sauce...plus i have a walk planned...
oh yes and my sweet tooth...will be vanilla pudding with cinnamon and cloves on it...

1-blob for each 5 lb loss
Old 11-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #5  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Good morning everyone. It promises to be a frosty, cool one here in Central Alberta. We have some snow and a bit of wind this morning..brrrrrr. One can always hope that shivering will take off extra lbs.
Hope everyone has a terrific week and fantastic WI's.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  
IP started Nov 2010

S/C/G: 219/171/140 IP 186 started

Height: 5' 2"

Tomorrow is my WI and I'm worried that nothing is moving. NSV my husband says he notices I've lost some more weight. Hopefully the measurements show better than the scale. Have a good day.
Paula
Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #7  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Usually don't get up this early when I'm not in school/work but I'm babysitting and had to get the kids ready for school.

Its bloody freezing out, -32C/-26F with the windchill. That goes straight to your bones and knocks the wind outta you.

Planning on making some zucchini chips for the DH and I for lunch. And make myself a spinach salad for supper. Good things to look forward to today.
Haven't weighed myself today but plan to later....

Good job everyone, keep on keepin' on! Hope you all have a great day! <3

Last edited by SashaJS; 11-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Monday Morning Everyone!!!

34 day until !!! Going to start decorating for Christmas today!!! Love that

Inspirational thought for the day: Visualize what you want from life, then work toward it. See it. then be it!!!

It is definitely winter in our pretty part of the world...about 10-12 inches of glistening snow and the temp is hovering around the -20C (3 below F)!!!

Playing my favorite Christmas music and feeling good!!!
Have a wonderful IP Day!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good Morning All

I have been snacking on Koolaid Jello made with unflavored gelatin and splenda.
Sets up really nicely and give me a feeling of "full" nice treat when I am trying to hang in there!

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #10  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Good morning! My daughter's "Harry Potter" party went great yesterday! We all enjoyed watching the movie and her friends were amazed at the amount of work she did to make our house look like Hogwarts. I did not cheat yesterday but I also didn't follow plan. I ended up having 2 restricteds (one for lunch for speed & convienience, and one at the movies), no lettuce, half my veggies and not nearly enough water. Add that to TOM and I did not "officially" make my mini goal at WI this morning. I am disappointed that the weight (3lbs) came back, but I know that it will be gone again in a couple of days. On a happier note...despite all of that I did lose 2lbs and 3 inches.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #11  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

For those of you ordering from Nashua....

Happy Thanksgiving from Nashua Nutrition! Use Discount Code TURKEY10 to save $10 on all orders over $100. Expires Midnight EST Sunday, November 28th.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #12  

Good morning all. I go for my WI in just a minute. Woke up to my 4 year old looking out the window, seeing snow, walked straight to the fridge and grabbed a carrot for "frosty the snowman." Between the 3 of them in and out for the last 2 hours, I finally got a chance to sit down and drink my coffee before I go. Wish me luck, I should be just fine though. I'll check back in when I get back.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #13  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default Measurement tracker / tracking spreadsheet

Happy Monday, everyone!

I found this spreadsheet on Microsoft's template download page for tracking weight and measurements. I modified it to the measurements IP takes (and added arms for my own personal knowledge). It automatically figures how much you lost since your previous weigh-in along with your total losses (BMI, weight, and inches). I thought others might like it too.

For the spreadsheet to work properly, you will need to enable macros.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Posted yesterday by tcswain -
NSV: Today I got together with my family to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. They were going to have pizza. I decided to make my own pizza and just take it with me. I used the crepe packet and put some garlic powder in it, then added a little less water (the "dough" was thick) and I patted it out into a little round pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brushed a little olive oil on it and topped the olive oil with some Italian seasonings. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, took it out and let it cool. For the pizza sauce I used some WF marinara and one teaspoon or so of tomato paste -- just enough to thicken the sauce and spread that on it. I then topped it with vegies -- chopped mushroom, green onion, spinach. I had put it on a plate to top it and then put in the microwave to heat it up. Took it to my Mom's on a plate. When it was time to eat I had what everybody else had -- and it was good -- and even my niece said "Hey, where did you get that? I want one". Anyway, it was a victory for me and they all mentioned my weight loss. It just felt great! It was worth the effort to make my own pizza and it was all on the program.

Good Job and way to think ahead!!!! Isn't it great when people notice and compliment you! Just makes you want to stay on track and keep working hard to reach your goal. I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of. Kinda hurt my feelings as I had not seen her for a few months. Another Mom made a comment like are you sure you are ok, like I am sick, haven't seen her for like a year. I know that my friend is just upset cause she couldn't stick to IP as she tried it before I went on it. The other one just probably couldn't believe how different I look. But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back. I also know I love to hang around people that are upbeat, happy people. Not debby downers!! You guys are all wonderful and are certainly not downers, we all have one common goal. We want to become happy, healthy self confident people will succeed in all things life throws at us!!! Celebrate you this Thanksgiving!! Give thanks to our wonderful new way of life!!!!!

To all of you!!!! Keep strong and reaching for your goal!!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #15  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Good Job and way to think ahead!!!! Isn't it great when people notice and compliment you! Just makes you want to stay on track and keep working hard to reach your goal. I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of. Kinda hurt my feelings as I had not seen her for a few months. Another Mom made a comment like are you sure you are ok, like I am sick, haven't seen her for like a year. I know that my friend is just upset cause she couldn't stick to IP as she tried it before I went on it. The other one just probably couldn't believe how different I look. But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back. I also know I love to hang around people that are upbeat, happy people. Not debby downers!! You guys are all wonderful and are certainly not downers, we all have one common goal. We want to become happy, healthy self confident people will succeed in all things life throws at us!!! Celebrate you this Thanksgiving!! Give thanks to our wonderful new way of life!!!!!

To all of you!!!! Keep strong and reaching for your goal!!
I'm having the same issue. People I know well are choosing to ignore my weight-loss rather than compliment me on it. When I brought it up in a group of people this weekend, the one person in the group who is my "friend" chose to walk away rather then say something nice to me.

I can't let their jealousies, insecurities and negativity change how wonderful I feel about myself and noone else should either. I have a few very positive and supportive people in my life and they more than make up for the 'others'.
Closed Thread