Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

I just went and bought a digital scale out of sheer curiosity..This is only my 5th day still dont have my first weigh in till wed morning. I've lost 7.2 pounds!!!! I almost screamed when I saw it!! YAY!! I was feeling so hungry last night but I had a celery stick and went to bed rather than cheat. Today I woke up with all this energy and feel so great! Are these bursts of energy normal? yesterday I felt like a slug!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
So I took the kids to the YMCA and we walked the track, my DH is a runner so I was feelling good and was able to jog three laps with him talking and smiling hte whole time. It is amazing what jogging feels like when you are 30lbs lighter. After a cool down, we took the kids to open gym and played basket ball, It was also a lot easier to shoot the ball.

This would be enough for and NSV, by my DH was laughing because as I manged to do all this my work out pants kept falling down, guess it is time to go shopping for new workout cloths!
Congratulations!! That is such an incredible! I really does have a different feeling to be able to move like that when you have been at a heavier weight for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Some people make these with dehydrators so they become very crisp.

Thanks Carla! They truned out better but I think I'm going to get a dehidrator.
Aside from zuchini and trunips, what other vegetables could be good for chips? I love dried fruit but I have never tried veggies.
Glad to know it helped some! I was doing some research and found instructions on how to use the oven (or your car! LOL) as a dehydrator.

If you have a bed, bath, and beyond... look for them to send a 20% off one item coupon. They have several nice dehydrators.

Other veggies that we could consider: Asparagus, green beans,kale, rutabaga, mushroom, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, green pepper or other pepper, tomato, radish, egg plant, snow peas.

Don't forget you can make your own dried meat (jerky). That has its place. Works great at amusement parks or hiking situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
My NSV for the day - this morning, I put on my favoritest Gap trouser jeans and they were too big! Big enough that I won't be wearing them anymore... Old man butt, a big old gap in the waistband - it was AWESOME. And a little sad. I loved those jeans. Good thing I bought them on clearance...

It was me that suggested that, but in reference to making the crepe crackers! I suppose it could work with the zucchini - in essence, you're turning your oven into a dehydrator...

Congratulations! I am so happy you got to get rid of your favorite jeans! May you soon have new, smaller favorite pair of jeans.

I thought it might have been you who gave the tip to dry water from the crackers. Yes, I thought if it could remove water from that, it might also work for the veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
I love your idea about treating phasing off as an allergy identifying diet. I used to get migraines quite frequently. When I last charted them, I had 22 migraine days in one month. Since starting IP, 15 weeks ago, I haven't had 1.
I don't eat many eggs because they upset my stomach and I also avoid most dairy because it causes my acid reflux to act up. I am wondering if Gluten was causing the migraines. I am definitely going to add only one thing at a time. I LOVE BEING MIGRAINE-FREE!!

I made a misstatement in suggesting that we could have a "gluten-free dessert". Maybe on a cheat day. My thought was try something that is a mix of several possible allergens which, you already have learned you are not allergic to individually. Sometimes allergies are kicked off when they come in combination to each other.

There are many other non foods we no longer get in our diet. Nitrates, nitraes, sulfates. Many processed foods and prepared meats and fruits have these things. They will most definitely cause migraines.

If you have a history of migraines, slowly add back food so you may see how your body responds. I do not have a gluten allergy but, I can not tolerate wheat or related grains. I become very sick, very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
NSV: Today I got together with my family to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. They were going to have pizza. I decided to make my own pizza and just take it with me. I used the crepe packet and put some garlic powder in it, then added a little less water (the "dough" was thick) and I patted it out into a little round pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brushed a little olive oil on it and topped the olive oil with some Italian seasonings. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, took it out and let it cool. For the pizza sauce I used some WF marinara and one teaspoon or so of tomato paste -- just enough to thicken the sauce and spread that on it. I then topped it with vegies -- chopped mushroom, green onion, spinach. I had put it on a plate to top it and then put in the microwave to heat it up. Took it to my Mom's on a plate. When it was time to eat I had what everybody else had -- and it was good -- and even my niece said "Hey, where did you get that? I want one". Anyway, it was a victory for me and they all mentioned my weight loss. It just felt great! It was worth the effort to make my own pizza and it was all on the program.

However, if I make another one -- I may try to mix a little of the olive oil in the dough rather than brushing it on top. I think it would make it more of a pizza crust consistency rather than a cracker consistency.
Sounds like a great success and recipe! I can't wait to try this.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #18  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post

But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back.
They are just jealous. It's happening to me, too.

Thanks for the Nashua Nutrition code, Jency!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #19  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate89 View Post
I just went and bought a digital scale out of sheer curiosity..This is only my 5th day still dont have my first weigh in till wed morning. I've lost 7.2 pounds!!!! I almost screamed when I saw it!! YAY!! I was feeling so hungry last night but I had a celery stick and went to bed rather than cheat. Today I woke up with all this energy and feel so great! Are these bursts of energy normal? yesterday I felt like a slug!
Thats awesome keep up the great work. I have only been on IP for 2 weeks and I found the same thing getting energy bursts.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Good morning everyone. It promises to be a frosty, cool one here in Central Alberta. We have some snow and a bit of wind this morning..brrrrrr. One can always hope that shivering will take off extra lbs.
Hope everyone has a terrific week and fantastic WI's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post

Its bloody freezing out, -32C/-26F with the windchill. That goes straight to your bones and knocks the wind outta you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post

It is definitely winter in our pretty part of the world...about 10-12 inches of glistening snow and the temp is hovering around the -20C (3 below F)!!!

Playing my favorite Christmas music and feeling good!!!
Have a wonderful IP Day!!

BRRRR!!! To all of you Canadians! WOW! I can't even begin to imagine cold. I felt cold all night and this morning am in sweaters but, the weather is in the low 60f or 15c.

I hope you all stay toasty and warm.

Quote:
Good Job and way to think ahead!!!! Isn't it great when people notice and compliment you! Just makes you want to stay on track and keep working hard to reach your goal. I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of. Kinda hurt my feelings as I had not seen her for a few months. Another Mom made a comment like are you sure you are ok, like I am sick, haven't seen her for like a year. I know that my friend is just upset cause she couldn't stick to IP as she tried it before I went on it. The other one just probably couldn't believe how different I look. But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back. I also know I love to hang around people that are upbeat, happy people. Not debby downers!! You guys are all wonderful and are certainly not downers, we all have one common goal. We want to become happy, healthy self confident people will succeed in all things life throws at us!!! Celebrate you this Thanksgiving!! Give thanks to our wonderful new way of life!!!!!

To all of you!!!! Keep strong and reaching for your goal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I'm having the same issue. People I know well are choosing to ignore my weight-loss rather than compliment me on it. When I brought it up in a group of people this weekend, the one person in the group who is my "friend" chose to walk away rather then say something nice to me.

I can't let their jealousies, insecurities and negativity change how wonderful I feel about myself and noone else should either. I have a few very positive and supportive people in my life and they more than make up for the 'others'.
So sorry to both of you. That is just awful. I know that some people can't share in other people's success very well. Rapid change is very hard for people to accept and, especially, accept as healthy.

I am glad you have found us. We will be there for you!

Quote:

Congratulations!! That is a fabulous loss!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #21  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Hi Everyone

I lost 5.1 this week and was a bit suprised as I did not eat my required 4 cups of veggie or meat for 3 days. I thought that would of showed on the scale, but I am pleased to say the least. Life just got overly crazy for me for 4 days last week and I was not prepared. before IP I would of just went through drive thru and ate on the way home then eat thruout the rest of the night, but this week I just plainly didnt eat, had my packets but nothing else. Not good as I realise you can actually lose muscle doing this instead of the fat.

I am struggling with a decision I need o make... I need advise please....
A girlfriend wants to take a trip out of town to get away maybe do some shopping,drinking,eating.. you get the picture. I know she will be bugging me to have just one "it wont hurt you" scenario. I need advise on how to tell her NO it will hurt me and dont bug me about it, In a nice way i am not good with words. Might end up swearing and get into an argument. I am stressing,, I really want to go but dont want to deal with the pressures of the other crap!!

Sorry about the bad spelling.....

Have a great day and thanks for listening.
Lisa
Old 11-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Everyone

I lost 5.1 this week and was a bit suprised as I did not eat my required 4 cups of veggie or meat for 3 days.......

A girlfriend wants to take a trip out of town to get away maybe do some shopping,drinking,eating.. you get the picture. I know she will be bugging me to have just one "it wont hurt you" scenario. I need advise on how to tell her NO it will hurt me and dont bug me about it, In a nice way i am not good with words. Might end up swearing and get into an argument. I am stressing,, I really want to go but dont want to deal with the pressures of the other crap!!

Lisa
Congratulations!!

My advise. Tell her BEFORE you say yes! Explain you are very interested but, these are your concerns, It is important for you to maintain commitment, you are worried about things changing and being pressed to eat or drink what you won't which, would make you feel stressed and unhappy, AND, you would like to say yes but can only do so if she agrees to respect your boundaries. Explain that you have no problem going with her and being the Designated Driver so she may drink; your fun is not based in the food or drink right now.

I can't say how it will work but, it will take care of things now and not when you are already there and "slightly trapped or out of control".
Old 11-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #23  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Stepped on the scale and....... Down 4 lbs since last WI! That makes a loss of 14lbs in 2 weeks! Holy smokes!
My official weigh in is on Thursday so this gives me motivation until then. I am just in awe at how quickly you have results. I'm interested to see how many inches I lost....
This has truly made my day
Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #24  

Quote:
Posted yesterday by tcswain -
NSV: Today I got together with my family to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. They were going to have pizza. I decided to make my own pizza and just take it with me. I used the crepe packet and put some garlic powder in it, then added a little less water (the "dough" was thick) and I patted it out into a little round pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brushed a little olive oil on it and topped the olive oil with some Italian seasonings. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, took it out and let it cool. For the pizza sauce I used some WF marinara and one teaspoon or so of tomato paste -- just enough to thicken the sauce and spread that on it. I then topped it with vegies -- chopped mushroom, green onion, spinach. I had put it on a plate to top it and then put in the microwave to heat it up. Took it to my Mom's on a plate. When it was time to eat I had what everybody else had -- and it was good -- and even my niece said "Hey, where did you get that? I want one". Anyway, it was a victory for me and they all mentioned my weight loss. It just felt great! It was worth the effort to make my own pizza and it was all on the program.

Good Job and way to think ahead!!!! Isn't it great when people notice and compliment you! Just makes you want to stay on track and keep working hard to reach your goal. I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of. Kinda hurt my feelings as I had not seen her for a few months. Another Mom made a comment like are you sure you are ok, like I am sick, haven't seen her for like a year. I know that my friend is just upset cause she couldn't stick to IP as she tried it before I went on it. The other one just probably couldn't believe how different I look. But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back. I also know I love to hang around people that are upbeat, happy people. Not debby downers!! You guys are all wonderful and are certainly not downers, we all have one common goal. We want to become happy, healthy self confident people will succeed in all things life throws at us!!! Celebrate you this Thanksgiving!! Give thanks to our wonderful new way of life!!!!!

To all of you!!!! Keep strong and reaching for your goal!!
Quote:
I'm having the same issue. People I know well are choosing to ignore my weight-loss rather than compliment me on it. When I brought it up in a group of people this weekend, the one person in the group who is my "friend" chose to walk away rather then say something nice to me.

I can't let their jealousies, insecurities and negativity change how wonderful I feel about myself and noone else should either. I have a few very positive and supportive people in my life and they more than make up for the 'others'.
I am so sorry to hear the negativity you are both dealing with. It is their issue, not yours. Perhaps they are jealous, or feeling threatened by your success, or maybe just plain mean. Either way here are some hugs and please keep on keeping on, I'm sure you both look fabulous.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #25  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

I have a question for all of you. When you dine out has anyone ordered a chicken ceaser salad as a meal. I would think that the dressing would be high in calorie but the safest carb wise and it would definately be sugar free. Any ideas about this?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #26  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Couts71 - I suppose if you nix the dressing, bacon bits, crutons and cheese. Just ask for plain salad and grilled chicken. ??
Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #27  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I have a question for all of you. When you dine out has anyone ordered a chicken ceaser salad as a meal. I would think that the dressing would be high in calorie but the safest carb wise and it would definately be sugar free. Any ideas about this?
I ordered this at a restaurant, I just made sure the grilled chicken was not grilled in any sauce, butter or oil and I took my own dressing. I ate around the croutons and the little bit of parmesan cheese I didn't think was a big issue.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Several people have done this in the past. Even one the Coaches I know does this. It hasn't effected weight loss.

Make sure you don't eat the croutons. The parmesan is usually 1 carb or less per 1/4 cup.

As long as the chicken is grilled without a sugary marinade it should be fine.

It will be a high fat meal, no way around it unless you bring your own dressing. It will be a low carb meal.

It won't pull you from ketosis but, eaten the way it is prepared, may well be too many calories for one day and could slow down weight loss even though you are still in ketosis.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #29  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of.
Quote:
. When I brought it up in a group of people this weekend, the one person in the group who is my "friend" chose to walk away rather then say something nice to me.
wow, I am so sorry you have to deal with stuff like this. How sad that their lives are so small that this is there reaction to someone else's success. But congrats on your losses and isn't it cool that your daughter is so stoked about your new look?? That is the best part!

Quote:
Hey Lisa,
sometimes when people are into that whole "chiding" you to eat, you can turn the tables a bit. How about, "I'd love to have a weekend of fun with you, but I need to be sure I stay on plan. If we do this will you promise to keep me honest and on protocol?". That might fulfill her "control" needs in a good way and get her involved in helping you instead of harming you?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Congratulations!!!!! Isn't it great, I love IP! I bet you are in ketosis that brings tons of energy!!! I have never felt better in my life.
Quote:
Hi Everyone

I lost 5.1 this week and was a bit suprised as I did not eat my required 4 cups of veggie or meat for 3 days. I thought that would of showed on the scale, but I am pleased to say the least. Life just got overly crazy for me for 4 days last week and I was not prepared. before IP I would of just went through drive thru and ate on the way home then eat thruout the rest of the night, but this week I just plainly didnt eat, had my packets but nothing else. Not good as I realise you can actually lose muscle doing this instead of the fat.

Lisa
I have a friend just like that and she is having a huge problem with my choice to use IP and better my life. I was letting it stress me out too, I then thought about how much better I felt and how happy I was. I simply have not been hanging out with her when it put me into a situation that would be hard and might hurt our friendship. We have been friends for many years but she doesn't mind being over weight and feel crappy. She tells people that she is worried about me and I have no food but veggies in my house etc..... If this trip would be to hard on your friendship and you know that it will be a huge struggle just maybe suggest you have a day of shopping in your town. That way you can be more at ease and prepared. Some people just don't get it. Good luck with your decision, this is definitely a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Stepped on the scale and....... Down 4 lbs since last WI! That makes a loss of 14lbs in 2 weeks! Holy smokes!
My official weigh in is on Thursday so this gives me motivation until then. I am just in awe at how quickly you have results. I'm interested to see how many inches I lost....
This has truly made my day
Great job and keep it up. Totally agree the quick results are fantastic!!

I want to thank all of you that gave me encouraging messages. I feel much better. Here is a hug back to all of you.

ShowgirlAZ - Again you are amazing with all of your wisdom. Are you a coach yet? And sorry about David Cassidy, I loved the Partridge Family when I was a kid. Too back he can't figure out he needs to hang it up as a performer.
Closed Thread