Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 273/269/180

Height: 5'10"

Hi there! This is my first post - hope I do it right. I am in my second week on IP. I feel great. Have lost over 4 pounds so far. Didn't have the great weight loss I thought I'd have but 4 is great (that's 16 sticks of butter)! I just wanted to say that I love reading all of your posts. It really helps keep me motivated. Thanks!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #32  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Caffn8d (love the name by the way). 4 lbs is awesome! It will get better as you go along.
Best wishes to you
Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

NEWBIE HERE!! Started IP yesterday w my daughter. So far, so good..feeling really hungry today but I was strong and drank lots of extra water.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #34  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffn8d View Post
Hi there! This is my first post - hope I do it right. I am in my second week on IP. I feel great. Have lost over 4 pounds so far. Didn't have the great weight loss I thought I'd have but 4 is great (that's 16 sticks of butter)! I just wanted to say that I love reading all of your posts. It really helps keep me motivated. Thanks!
welcome 4lbs is great keep up the great work
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #35  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
NEWBIE HERE!! Started IP yesterday w my daughter. So far, so good..feeling really hungry today but I was strong and drank lots of extra water.
welcome and keep up the great job
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
I have a question for all of you. When you dine out has anyone ordered a chicken ceaser salad as a meal. I would think that the dressing would be high in calorie but the safest carb wise and it would definately be sugar free. Any ideas about this?
NONOOOOOO don't do it..The ceasar salad is the worst salad you can order..
today I ordered a ceasar but...I said no croutons-no dressing-no cheese..just the romaine lettuce and I brought my own dressing...
thats the only way to eat it..
Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
welcome 4lbs is great keep up the great work
You can do it...keep strong...eat the veggies and salad..that makes the difference...but don't cheat..its so important when you do it sets you back 3-4 days...
Good luck on your new Journey...
Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Everyone

I am struggling with a decision I need o make... I need advise please....
A girlfriend wants to take a trip out of town to get away maybe do some shopping,drinking,eating.. you get the picture. I know she will be bugging me to have just one "it wont hurt you" scenario. I need advise on how to tell her NO it will hurt me and dont bug me about it, In a nice way i am not good with words. Might end up swearing and get into an argument. I am stressing,, I really want to go but dont want to deal with the pressures of the other crap!!

Sorry about the bad spelling.....

Have a great day and thanks for listening.
Lisa
First, congratulations on your great weight loss!

My attitude about this special period in my life while I am on IP is this: It's only a few months, and I will do what it takes to succeed. I won't subject myself to unnecessary exposure to temptations or people who mean well (or don't) while I am on this project of restructuring my habits, my health, and my soon-to-be-slim body.
So my attitude about what would be fun, has to be either changed or set aside for this period of time, and I would instead set a time to go after I am further along in my success.

It's hard to realize that you may have to (temporarily) give up something that used to be fun in order to achieve a goal. So you have to decide what is more important, that sense of achievement or some temporary fun and the setback it might end up representing.

I know I am being a bit of a hard disciplinarian about this, but at least you have another point of view to consider!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffn8d View Post
Ha Ha Ha! I measured my weight loss in sticks of butter at first too, till I lost count. According to that first weigh-in before the program started I was 40% butter! (Of course there was some chocolate mixed in there too.)
Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #40  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Anyone have some good shake ideas? I'd like to have one tonight but I only have the IP packets - no syrups or spreads.
Does anyone enjoy the pudding packs (strawberry, chocolate) blended with ice? Or is it really bland? I have read every page of the recipes and I'm always missing an ingredient or two listed.
Thanks!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #41  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

If you have vanilla I like to put either cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice in it. Fabulous!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #42  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Posted yesterday by tcswain -
NSV: Today I got together with my family to celebrate my Dad's 85th birthday. They were going to have pizza. I decided to make my own pizza and just take it with me. I used the crepe packet and put some garlic powder in it, then added a little less water (the "dough" was thick) and I patted it out into a little round pizza on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, brushed a little olive oil on it and topped the olive oil with some Italian seasonings. I baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, took it out and let it cool. For the pizza sauce I used some WF marinara and one teaspoon or so of tomato paste -- just enough to thicken the sauce and spread that on it. I then topped it with vegies -- chopped mushroom, green onion, spinach. I had put it on a plate to top it and then put in the microwave to heat it up. Took it to my Mom's on a plate. When it was time to eat I had what everybody else had -- and it was good -- and even my niece said "Hey, where did you get that? I want one". Anyway, it was a victory for me and they all mentioned my weight loss. It just felt great! It was worth the effort to make my own pizza and it was all on the program.

Good Job and way to think ahead!!!! Isn't it great when people notice and compliment you! Just makes you want to stay on track and keep working hard to reach your goal. I on the other hand went to a event and one of my daughters friends said to her Mom, doesn't Hayley's Mom look great she is wearing Hay's clothes now.(tops not quite bottoms) And her Mom (my long time friend) said hmmm disgustingly kind of. Kinda hurt my feelings as I had not seen her for a few months. Another Mom made a comment like are you sure you are ok, like I am sick, haven't seen her for like a year. I know that my friend is just upset cause she couldn't stick to IP as she tried it before I went on it. The other one just probably couldn't believe how different I look. But I left there sad, I finally don't feel embarrassed to be out in a group of my peers, I really tried to dress nice. I know I look a 100 million times better then I did. I feel fantastic and will not ever gain this weight back. I also know I love to hang around people that are upbeat, happy people. Not debby downers!! You guys are all wonderful and are certainly not downers, we all have one common goal. We want to become happy, healthy self confident people will succeed in all things life throws at us!!! Celebrate you this Thanksgiving!! Give thanks to our wonderful new way of life!!!!!

To all of you!!!! Keep strong and reaching for your goal!!

You look great and no matter what people say (or don't say) or do (or don't do) you have to remember that you did this for yourself -- for your health and your family. That is what all of us on this forum are doing and thankfully we have a place to come and see successes and can get away from outside negativity. Some people don't want you to succeed at this because they know that they don't have the willpower to do it. And some people don't know how to give a compliment. When you say self-confident, that is the truth. Yesterday was the first time in awhile that I haven't tried to shrink away from a camera. Though I have more weight that I want to lose, I feel so much better and more confident in myself. Love you sister-in-law -- you have done great and I am following in your footsteps
Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #43  

Hi all, it took me along time to respond back because I made it a couple of streets down and I was sliding going straight! So I decided to get a couple days worth of groceries and cancel my WI apt instead. I think I'm down 3-4 pounds since last WI, but we'll see. It wasn't worth it to drive 20 minutes away. My hubby has been trying to get home for the last 3 1/2 hours for a 45 min. drive! There are a TON of wrecks out there. I had the fire place going and 2 blankets on and had a choc. "milkshake" probably not the best snack choice, but I love it and know I'm still on plan with it.

Welcome to Caffn8d and Diane49! Stick with it, it is so rewarding.
Have a great night all!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #44  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaJS View Post
Anyone have some good shake ideas? I'd like to have one tonight but I only have the IP packets - no syrups or spreads.
Does anyone enjoy the pudding packs (strawberry, chocolate) blended with ice? Or is it really bland? I have read every page of the recipes and I'm always missing an ingredient or two listed.
Thanks!
Chocolate pudding with extra water into a shake, add cinnamon and cayenne or a dash of hot sauce. Mexican chocolate, good hot or cold!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
You look great and no matter what people say (or don't say) or do (or don't do) you have to remember that you did this for yourself -- for your health and your family. That is what all of us on this forum are doing and thankfully we have a place to come and see successes and can get away from outside negativity. Some people don't want you to succeed at this because they know that they don't have the willpower to do it. And some people don't know how to give a compliment. When you say self-confident, that is the truth. Yesterday was the first time in awhile that I haven't tried to shrink away from a camera. Though I have more weight that I want to lose, I feel so much better and more confident in myself. Love you sister-in-law -- you have done great and I am following in your footsteps
Thanks so much and I am very proud of you too!!!
Closed Thread