Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Weekend Chat - 20 & 21 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/194/145 9.5 inches lost!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Weekend! I am in my 2nd week with IP and I am feeling great! Not even tempted to cheat. I think since I am planning my meals it has helped me to stay focused. We are entering the crazy holidays and I am excited of the challenge to stay focused during that time. My mindset has never been this way before. I LOVE it. My hubby has decided to join after Thanksgiving. It is great to have such wonderful support.

Now if I could just convince some of my family that it isn't really a big deal if I don't eat all the sugar and junk over the holidays. They seem bothered by this which I don't understand at all. The holidays are about spending time together NOT gorging myself with sugar and carbs! I am type 2 and my blood sugar has been amazing!! I am so happy.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #3  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Smile Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone!

I am off to the city with my Honey.... First day away from home since I started IP.... Got my shaker and packets packed along with a few water bottles.....

Looking forward to doing some Christmas shopping and full day out of the house....(did all my housework last night so the weekend is mine to enjoy)

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone...
Old 11-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Saturday Morning!!!

35 days til

Inspirational thought for today: Replace "I can't" with "I can" and " I will"

Up early this weekend morning...off to watch my Grandson play hockey..he is a goalie!!!
Have a great day!

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-20-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #5  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Good Morning Everyone! I have been busy lately but still come here for inspiration regularly! I have been on IP now for three months. I have lost over 40 pounds! My blood sugar is on normal range and have gone from morbidly obese to just 'overweight'! I have had 2 NSV's this week. Two of the neighbor girls were walking past me on their way home from school. The one said to the other, "Look at Jeannie! She's skinny!" and the other one said..."That's not Jeannie..." MY other NSV was that I was shopping for new clothes - finally - and I was in a store, browsing in the women's section like I always do and the sales girl came up to me and said, "This is the women's section - you don't belong here come with me...." I did the happy dance. To all you newbies -- Stick with it! It works! Have a great Holiday!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #6  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Off to a craft fair today. Have lots of soaps, body butters and scrubs ready for sale.
As I will be with a lot of friends I haven't seen for some time I had long ago planned for this to be a planned cheat day. Right now I am not even tempted to stray off protocol so I figure this might be a great day both diet and friend wise.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I have been busy lately but still come here for inspiration regularly! I have been on IP now for three months. I have lost over 40 pounds! My blood sugar is on normal range and have gone from morbidly obese to just 'overweight'! I have had 2 NSV's this week. Two of the neighbor girls were walking past me on their way home from school. The one said to the other, "Look at Jeannie! She's skinny!" and the other one said..."That's not Jeannie..." MY other NSV was that I was shopping for new clothes - finally - and I was in a store, browsing in the women's section like I always do and the sales girl came up to me and said, "This is the women's section - you don't belong here come with me...." I did the happy dance. To all you newbies -- Stick with it! It works! Have a great Holiday!!!!

Great NSVs. Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational!!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Just realized that I am down 20 pounds as of today's weigh in!!! Yippee for me!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #9  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
35 days til

Inspirational thought for today: Replace "I can't" with "I can" and " I will"

Up early this weekend morning...off to watch my Grandson play hockey..he is a goalie!!!
Have a great day!
Journeysend, thank you so much for your quotes. I have been really enjoying them and they have helped me. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!!

Thanks also for the Christmas update! YIKES!! Lights a fire!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #10  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Just realized that I am down 20 pounds as of today's weigh in!!! Yippee for me!!
I will second that: Yipee for YOU!!! YAY!!! Good job!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #11  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Great stories!!! "That's not Jeannie ..." I love that!

I have never been a shopper myself, but now I find if I want to cheat I think about shopping for clothes! It has become easier for me even with my modest loss! I really hated having to find something to "hide" in when I was big. Now I can actually find something that I feel looks pretty good. It has made my life easier and more enjoyable. So that's been a motivator for me: go clothes shopping or think about clothes shopping when I think about cheating!!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Good for you! Wonderful milestone, great way to start the weekend! (one for each ten pounds lost)
Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Icky! My husband and I were out shopping last night and we spontaneously stopped to eat Teppan-yaki. I figured they had grilled food and lots of vegetables - right on both counts. However, what I didn't count on was the amount of oil on the grill, and the sugar in the sauces. Today I feel icky - first time sugar in almost four months.

This clinches it, definitely not worth going off-program for Thanksgiving. It's clear my body is out of practice, and to tell the truth I did feel this icky quite often before starting IP. Also my weight was up 1.5 pounds from yesterday. I expect it will fall off quickly with the resumption of Phase 1, but food I used to consider ok is really not so great. The other thing I noticed was that the vegetables tasted the most delicious - I have really developed a taste for them.

Back on the program and glad to be there!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Well I went for my Wednesday weigh in and its all good. My life has been so super busy and crazy. I am phasing off for awhile. I need/want a change I have a bit of attention deficit disorder (not really) but I want to change things up a bit. I need to tone and tighten because I feel like a skinnier version of my fat self. So I have started a weight training program and I also use my eliptical 4-6km 5 days a week and am joining a spin class with my sister. I have a very sedintary job and thanks to IP now how the drive and motivation to get out and move. I know I will be back (at least I am pretty sure) in the new year for the final round I still want to lose at least 15 more pounds but for now the exercise is what I am craving.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Happy Weekend to everyone!! Today is only my 3rd day and last night i experienced my very first dining out challenge....my family is in town for the weekend and wanted to go to a local rest. that is mostly bbq. I was so proud of myself I absoluetly love their blue cheese burger but last night i went with 2 small crab cakes and steamed veggies and took the carrots out!! My family was almost in shock I actually ordered this!! I was also the designated driver as i opted to not cheat and not have a drink or 2 and let everyone else I stuck to my ice water! 2 problems I'm having though are getting these huge pills down im so not a pill taker!!! I skipped them last night! whoops! What happens if I cant get them down and do skip them? second of everyone even the dr's office warned me a million times about the big "C" (constipation) Im having the opposite problem! Is that normal? BTW my scale says im down 2.4 pounds!!of course its not as accurate as the dr's but hopefully its not to wrong thats encourgaging!!
Closed Thread