3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

Journeysend 09-16-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvaLynn (Post 3483451)
Thank you so much for the congrats :) and I could never say a mean word about my coach she awesome! She calls me every few days to see how I am or if I need to talk and also text as well so if I ever have a question she's only a text away... Truly just a kind soul this lady :)
!

AvaLynn Isn't it great to have a supportive coach!! I have left messages for mine and she has always gotten back to me as soon as she can. :):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher (Post 3483460)
Hi Wonder Cat! You are one day ahead of me, I am on day 2. Kinda tired today, so taking it easy and drinking tons. My coach knew about this website/thread too, and in fact reference it on one of their handouts. I told her I had researched here prior to starting too. ;) Glad to hear you are feeling good today. :carrot:

Traveling Stitcher It will get better, Day 2 is usually the worst day. I am so glad to hear that your coach is referring this forum to her clients, there is such a wealth of info and support here. Take it easy and have a great day!!:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3483499)
So, not really sure what's going on with my body.....can TOM really effect weight loss that bad? So W1 I lost 7 lbs. W2 found me only losing 1....but stepped on the scale this morning (W3)....and I was down 7. Am I that big of a yo-yo?? Or is this to be expected every month?

Woohooo!!! So, far I'm down 15 lbs!!!! IN 3 WEEKS!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091...0/170/225/.png

wyoangel Yep I think TOM can really play havoc with your body...but :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::congrat: on loosing 15 lbs in 3 wks..way to go!!!!

sheila1971 09-16-2010 03:04 PM

Auntie Sheshie, I agree with watching the video or reading the book, I have watched it each week I just misunderstood her post. I am thinking some serious potatoes stuff like that.

I think it is great all the weight loss that is happening! I found some decaf tea at the health food store, its coconut flav? Coach said it was ok?

nurseinsd 09-16-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatAnts (Post 3483232)
Hi Stacey and welcome!!! Congrats on making the decision to help you! IP is great and this forum is full of great support. Good luck. When do you start?

I just started this morning. I can't believe how filling the foods have been thus far! I had the omelet for breakfast and the spaghetti for lunch with my veggies. I was so afraid that the foods wouldn't be good - but I'm sure glad I was wrong!

Journeysend 09-16-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseinsd (Post 3483517)
I just started this morning. I can't believe how filling the foods have been thus far! I had the omelet for breakfast and the spaghetti for lunch with my veggies. I was so afraid that the foods wouldn't be good - but I'm sure glad I was wrong!

nurseinsd I eat the omelet almost every morning and love it!! Cook it in a nonstick pan and on lower heat!! There are very few IP foods I don't like.
Have a great day and :welcome3:

Aunt Sheshie 09-16-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila1971 (Post 3483512)
Auntie Sheshie, I agree with watching the video or reading the book, I have watched it each week I just misunderstood her post. I am thinking some serious potatoes stuff like that.

I think it is great all the weight loss that is happening! I found some decaf tea at the health food store, its coconut flav? Coach said it was ok?

Oh, Sheila, I hope you didn't think I was pointing a finger at you... it just seems like that sort of question/confusion comes up pretty often... I've been guilty of skipping I'm Svelting's first post on occasion & needed the reminder myself... the tea sounds delish... is the flavor from coconut extract?.. if so, it should be A-OK...

hugs :hug:

salesgod 09-16-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3483341)
Your posts are worth at least a chuckle 96.1% of the time, a snort 62.8%, and a laugh out loud, 47.5%.

I did see your post in the "What do wish your coach had told you thread". I'm being very careful in my travels. All my passengers are on the lookout for a dude with a shrinking backside, wearing a toque with a goat and 3 chickens in the back see. If I see you first ...

Wow. Those are some exacting calculations. Who knew I was a 96.1% chuckle producer? I'll see what I can do to get my LOL percentage above 50%.

I'm also glad to hear you're being so attentive while driving. But we're down to 2 chickens now, since 1 of the 3 was crossed with a ferret and eaten with 2 cups of veggies and a salad. Thought you should know.

the wonder cat 09-16-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher (Post 3483460)
Hi Wonder Cat! You are one day ahead of me, I am on day 2. Kinda tired today, so taking it easy and drinking tons. My coach knew about this website/thread too, and in fact reference it on one of their handouts. I told her I had researched here prior to starting too. ;) Glad to hear you are feeling good today. :carrot:

I have to stop lurking on this thread while I am work! Glad you are taking care of yourself by resting and drinking and sticking with the program. That is fantastic that your coach tells other new clients about this site for support. It will only help.
Thanks for commenting and looks like we'll both be able to get our tickers going soon as we get to 20+ posts and 20 days on this board. TTFN!

kelly1234 09-16-2010 03:55 PM

Hi Guys!

I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

AvaLynn 09-16-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483580)
Hi Guys!

I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

Don't be blue :( Kelly you are doing awesome and by making the changes that you have it will only get better from here on out, keep your chin up.... 1 is better than nothing, but I am sure you lost some inches!

MotherDuckMJ 09-16-2010 04:13 PM

Updates and such...

:crazy: I've hit a phase where I'm not hungry at all and am having trouble eating all the req. vegies. Just forced myself to eat my mushroom soup packet with cooked vegies, couldn't finish it all. I know this is really a good problem, but I can see where it would be easy to slip into not eating enough.

:coffee2: I'll be gone over the weekend to a foster parent conference in Spokane, Washington. I probably won't be online much, if at all, after today so I'll see you all on Sunday or Monday.

:goodscale I continue to lose a a phenomenal rate. Seems like most days I'm down a pound. I'm on my 19th day and I'm down 22 pounds! I know that doesn't seem possible, but it's true! I don't know if the rapid loss is because I'm heavier? I don't care though I'll take it. I can get up and down so much easier now and my husband has really noticed the difference. I hope this doesn't slow down to much as I still have a lot to lose.

:welcome2: WELCOME to all the newbies! This is an amazing diet and a wonderful source of support and information. Thanks to all our regulars, you are what makes me come back here every day, you are truly phenomenal people!

Dave I noticed they put on a new smilie just for you, the LOL smilie! I appreciate your humor so much! :lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:

Linden 09-16-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys!

Didn't your coach warn your not to exercise in the first weeks of this program. I sure hope it isn't muscle you're losing. Did you talk about your excercising when you weighed in?

WannabeIP 09-16-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys!

Are u getting in extra protein when you exercise? 2 things kick you out of ketosis too many carbs and not enough protein, fine line between eating too much and too little both of which can stall you ....however by my calculations your down 9 pounds in 3 weeks that is perfect you are right on target... check out the exercise thread, maybe cut back this week on the exercise see how you do and take it from there? or add in protein after exercise Just some ideas:) If your following the plan (water, veggies, packets, oils ect) its working!!! Do you get measured? Maybe you lost inches ...

kelly1234 09-16-2010 04:20 PM

No, I wasnt warned not to exercise... I do kickboxing every morning.

kelly1234 09-16-2010 04:23 PM

I do get measured only every other week thought so I wasnt measured this week. I dont think I am out of ketosis as my mouth is still really dry and bad breath. I am cuytting back on exercise next week as I will be in London.

Linden 09-16-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483629)
No, I wasnt warned not to exercise... I do kickboxing every morning.

Gee, Kelly, I'm no expert by any means, but all the literature very strongly suggests no exercise, or no exercise that gets your heart rate above 50-60%. It'll be interesting to compare this week with and next without. Best of luck.