3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

EatAnts 09-16-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483580)
I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

Kelly, Hang in there. I was told no cardio at all. I was someone who worked out 7 hrs a week so this was a bit of a change but worth it. Also, when I hit a smaller loss my 5th week, I started making sure I ate more lettuce and consumed more water and suddenly I'm losing more rapidly again. Don't give up now, you've come so far already. Keep it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ (Post 3483616)
:crazy: I've hit a phase where I'm not hungry at all and am having trouble eating all the req. vegies. Just forced myself to eat my mushroom soup packet with cooked vegies, couldn't finish it all. I know this is really a good problem, but I can see where it would be easy to slip into not eating enough.

MotherDuckMJ
, I hit this problem a lot in the first 2-3 weeks and still occasionally. I found taking the digestive enzymes at the beginning of the meal help me get the veggies down easier. Not sure if this helps anyone else, but it has helped me quite a bit.

MotherDuckMJ 09-16-2010 04:41 PM

Exercise

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483629)
No, I wasn't warned not to exercise... I do kickboxing every morning.

Kelly: I watched the Ideal Protein training video yesterday (I'm training to help with coaching). It said that exercise that raises your heart rate to high (huffing puffing) can kick your body back out of ketosis. It sounds like walking might be the better alternative until your in later phases of the program, or kick more gently :lol:.

In watching the video it was clear to me that there are specific reasons for everything they ask us to do on this diet. This had been carefully and scientifically laid out to give us the optimum "losing" experience so to speak.

Marionm 09-16-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483542)
Wow. Those are some exacting calculations. Who knew I was a 96.1% chuckle producer? I'll see what I can do to get my LOL percentage above 50%.

I'm also glad to hear you're being so attentive while driving. But we're down to 2 chickens now, since 1 of the 3 was crossed with a ferret and eaten with 2 cups of veggies and a salad. Thought you should know.

Wait! Ferret is on our approved meat list! How could I have missed that?

Petclerk 09-16-2010 04:54 PM

Anybody missing the prepared puddings as much as I am??? I lived off those things! I've got a very particular taste bud thing happening and don't like most of the IP foods but the prepared puddings made it sooooo much easier! Now I don't know what to eat :( Sure hope they get them back soon!

I'm svelting! 09-16-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483542)
Wow. Those are some exacting calculations. Who knew I was a 96.1% chuckle producer? I'll see what I can do to get my LOL percentage above 50%.

I'm also glad to hear you're being so attentive while driving. But we're down to 2 chickens now, since 1 of the 3 was crossed with a ferret and eaten with 2 cups of veggies and a salad. Thought you should know.

Yes, I've been occupied with the study and the analysis. n = 1074, E = +/- 5%

Thanks for the update on your passengers. I'll revise the APB.

salesgod 09-16-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3483662)
Wait! Ferret is on our approved meat list! How could I have missed that?

Correction, ferret crossed with chicken. And then, only the leanest cuts. Best grilled, of course. The real question is, do we call it Ferken, or Chickret? :D

Linden 09-16-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483729)
Correction, ferret crossed with chicken. And then, only the leanest cuts. Best grilled, of course. The real question is, do we call it Ferken, or Chickret? :D

Well, ferken is already taken. Google Urban Dictionary for the meaning I can't supply here. :D

salesgod 09-16-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3483712)
Yes, I've been occupied with the study and the analysis. n = 1074, E = +/- 5%

And just what have you been occupied with and studying? As it turns out, your analysis also matches the size and model number of my most recent speedo purchase. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3483737)
Well, ferken is already taken. Google Urban Dictionary for the meaning I can't supply here. :D

Yeah, I'm not sure that's really an accepted use, though we could change that if enough people jump from this thread over to Urban Dictionary. I'm not suggesting that you all do that, however. In fact, I would suggest that you avoid it. And, frankly, I expected greater discretion in vocabulary selection from you of all people, Linden. Gosh! ;)

dodomommy 09-16-2010 06:14 PM

showgirlaz

Showgirlaz, not sure if you are still actively using the forum...but being a newbie I spend most of my time going through the old posts. I have learned so much! Anyhow, I am up to May and I want to thank you for 2 things you posted...
1) the drink with 10 oz of coffee, RTD vanilla shake, and ice...had it today. It was great
2)The information regarding black soya beans...OMG I love rice and beans...so I put 1/2 cup over the cauliflower "rice" . Major comfort food!!

And of course following your weight loss journey through all the old posts has been so inspirational...every time you posted a success I'm hopeful that that will one day be me to.
Take Care...dodomommy

Marionm 09-16-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483729)

Oh, my mistake. I think I'll stick with the ribs we made for dinner. They tasted better anyway!

upnorth 09-16-2010 06:27 PM

Last Wednesday I got a call that my 96 year old grandmother passed away. It was a lovely service and wonderful family stories all around, but the hardest thing was OMG.... I've only been on this for 4 days!!! So, I packed my cooler for the 600 mile trek home. I nibbled on cucumbers, dill pickles and celery in the car (getting my 4 cups in over 13 hours) ordered a salad for lunch and dinner and made it. The following days were more of a challenge, but I did the absolute best I could with my packets and smiles of no-thank you to my family. So needless to say, the scale this morning was scary! After 11 days, I was 5 llbs down and have my first weigh-in tomorrow (it had to be rescheduled for the funeral). We'll get an official number then. I figure if I can make it through the family 'dishes' in week 1-2, then I can conquer this life long battle. Back home and in the groove, I'll be reading and posting more often now.

KelleyAnn 09-16-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT (Post 3483083)
Well, just had WI #12 and I've hit ANOTHER plateau. Apparently my body hates me currently.

Why is it that when I need to lose weight the most, my body quits responding to this.

Back to the basics I guess. That's all I can do.

Just remember how great you look and how close you are to your goal. Not far at all, really!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal88 (Post 3483118)

It's been a bit rough this week, waking up with the shakes and being hungry all the time. I've been on the program for 7 weeks, lost 18 pounds, and have never felt I was in ketosis, if that means you are not hungry and have odd breath.

The good milestone yesterday was that I took a walk in a really hilly conservation area yesterday - the first time I have been able to walk those hills since I started IP. Can't say I did it with a lot of energy - had to rest a lot, but it was wonderful to get out there under a beautiful blue sky.

I still feel quite weak in the muscles compared to what I felt before the program. Surely this changes at some point, doesn't it?

I've experienced the muscle weakness a lot, but I think for me it is very affected by water. I've increased my intake to half my weight in ounces, and even a little more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggies86tbc (Post 3483144)
I was at my weigh in last week and have consistantly lost about 3 lbs a week. I was very happy with this. My coach told me I needed to cut my carbs to below 25 g per day for a faster weight loss. I have been miserable ever since I did this. I thought I had everything under control but now I feel like the diet is controlling me for the first time. Ever since I have done this I'm fighting hunger. Can anyone tell me what their coaches are telling them about the daily carb intake. Also i have added walking and pilates to my routine. Since I have done this I'm always thinking about food and hungry. Any suggestions would be helpful

My coach told me 25 or lower NET CARBS for fastest weight loss. Net carbs is total grams of carbs, minus the grams of fiber.
I think exercising too much and eating too little can really have a negative effect on this diet. I'm going to ramble a little more about this in a minute. I'd say eat an extra packet if your hungry, cut down on the exercise. That is my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483580)
Hi Guys!

I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

I have a little ramble to share. One thing I have discovered about this diet is that it really isn't the diets we've been on before. It is not a calorie thing. I know before on the diets I was on before, if you increase your exercise and decrease your calories, you would lose more weight. THAT IS NOT THE CASE WITH THIS DIET. I have not cheated on this diet, but I have slowed down or stalled a little and sometimes it is because I have exerted myself too much or not eaten all my veggies or meat. Other diets, when I would go to bed hungry, or if I exercised in the evening or before bed I would wake up having lost a little weight. On this diet I am very wary of feeling hungry at bedtime (which sometimes I have been even after my evening snack). Sometimes this happens because I've been too active or exercised without adding extra packet(s). I usually wake up having gained weight if I go to bed hungry. I have read on this sight that having too little food or exercising too much can kick you out of ketosis and cause you body to begin burning muscle.
Before I began this program I was jogging 3 miles a day. I stopped altogether. I just couldn't be on this program and exercise that way. I will occasionally walk, swim, or bike, but I have to be careful to eat extra packets, otherwise I get weak or shaky and sometimes stall on my weight loss. Some people are more successful incorporating regular moderate exercise; it really hasn't been the best thing for me. I plan on continuing my jogging every day when I'm in maintenance. I'm hoping it will be a good boost for me to keep me from gaining any weight back!

[U]So[U] too much exercise can definitely slow or stop weight loss.
So can not eating enough packets, (and sometimes that means 4 if your hungry), not eating all your veggies, not eating all your protein, or not drinking all your water.

I have a water note. I have been very consistent about drinking the minimum 64 ounces, but it has not been enough for me. I have increased my amount to about 80 ounces and so far this week I feel a lot better as far as energy and hunger are concerned. While drinking 64 ounces my water percentages at weigh in have never been as high as they should be.

Alright, on a more fun note, as of my weigh in yesterday, I am 1 pound under my goal! :carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: :spin::spin::spin: I'm going to be moving to phase 2, to lose a pound or 2 more to cushion for gaining back the glycegin (sp?) stores. I am soooo looking forward to my first phase 3 breakfast!!

I am also wearing my wedding ring for the first time in 8 years.:carrot: My 40th birthday is coming up in October and I absolutely cannot believe I'm going to be the same size I was when I got married at 24yrs of age.

This has been an absolute God send for me!

KelleyAnn

Marionm 09-16-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upnorth (Post 3483781)
Last Wednesday I got a call that my 96 year old grandmother passed away. It was a lovely service and wonderful family stories all around, but the hardest thing was OMG.... I've only been on this for 4 days!!! So, I packed my cooler for the 600 mile trek home. I nibbled on cucumbers, dill pickles and celery in the car (getting my 4 cups in over 13 hours) ordered a salad for lunch and dinner and made it. The following days were more of a challenge, but I did the absolute best I could with my packets and smiles of no-thank you to my family. So needless to say, the scale this morning was scary! After 11 days, I was 5 llbs down and have my first weigh-in tomorrow (it had to be rescheduled for the funeral). We'll get an official number then. I figure if I can make it through the family 'dishes' in week 1-2, then I can conquer this life long battle. Back home and in the groove, I'll be reading and posting more often now.

Upnorth, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. It sounds like you did just the right thing. Situations this where we are under different stresses can do all sorts of things but you kept going when others might have given up and that is awesome. Don't sweat 1 week. We are all in this a healthier life.

nitenic 09-16-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal88 (Post 3483118)
Frustration!
I had decided I would try to have three really good days before my weigh-in (tomorrow)so the loss would be significant, and this morning I have actually gained a pound over what I was last week!
I did forget to take my potassium yesterday. And I tend to stall at every 5 pound mark, but this is really disappointing. What's worse, is I actually feel worried about facing this person who weighs me. Very defensive.

It's been a bit rough this week, waking up with the shakes and being hungry all the time. I've been on the program for 7 weeks, lost 18 pounds, and have never felt I was in ketosis, if that means you are not hungry and have odd breath.

The good milestone yesterday was that I took a walk in a really hilly conservation area yesterday - the first time I have been able to walk those hills since I started IP. Can't say I did it with a lot of energy - had to rest a lot, but it was wonderful to get out there under a beautiful blue sky.

I still feel quite weak in the muscles compared to what I felt before the program. Surely this changes at some point, doesn't it?

I can relate to your post all too well, especially the judgment part at weigh ins. :hug: It was very stressful for me. I hope things get better for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3483499)
So, not really sure what's going on with my body.....can TOM really effect weight loss that bad? So W1 I lost 7 lbs. W2 found me only losing 1....but stepped on the scale this morning (W3)....and I was down 7. Am I that big of a yo-yo?? Or is this to be expected every month?

Woohooo!!! So, far I'm down 15 lbs!!!! IN 3 WEEKS!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Yep. I track my weight daily and can now tell when TOM is coming because I go up about 4-5 lbs before it starts. The weight usually disappears again within a day of starting. It's been that way for me all but one month since starting in May and now twice a month. :dizzy: Can't wait to see the gyn on Monday to figure out if it makes sense to keep paying $50 a month for a bc pill that's rendered ineffective right now. It was weird at first but now I'm used to it and even look forward to seeing how different my body looks after all of the fat it sheds during that time. Today someone even told me I need to go shopping for new clothes cuz mine are falling off. :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ (Post 3483661)
Kelly: I watched the Ideal Protein training video yesterday (I'm training to help with coaching). It said that exercise that raises your heart rate to high (huffing puffing) can kick your body back out of ketosis. It sounds like walking might be the better alternative until your in later phases of the program, or kick more gently :lol:.

In watching the video it was clear to me that there are specific reasons for everything they ask us to do on this diet. This had been carefully and scientifically laid out to give us the optimum "losing" experience so to speak.

Yeah, I finally realized this in late July/early August. I was doing zumba once or twice a week and walking on the treadmill at an incline with too much intensity and constantly knocking myself out of ketosis. If I knew then what I know now, I would've waited on the exercise.

Crystal88 09-16-2010 07:40 PM

Thank you everybody. I never knew having a forum like this would be so helpful! I really appreciate the good thoughts from people who know what it's like during the challenging moments. It can get emotional when we are investing a lot of ourselves in making these changes. (At least it does for me!)

And KelleyAnn, the information about the way the program works and the increase in water is very helpful. I think I have to start measuring everything for a few days and increasing the water as well. I do keep the food diary, but in general terms, not specific amounts.