3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

showgirlaz 09-16-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoangel (Post 3483499)
So, not really sure what's going on with my body.....can TOM really effect weight loss that bad? So W1 I lost 7 lbs. W2 found me only losing 1....but stepped on the scale this morning (W3)....and I was down 7. Am I that big of a yo-yo?? Or is this to be expected every month?

Woohooo!!! So, far I'm down 15 lbs!!!! IN 3 WEEKS!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

My opinion based on my experiences is YES, TOM can effect some women that much.

I am effected for 2 weeks and I GAIN 8 pounds during the 4 days before and first 3 days of my cycle. I hold for 4 to 5 days and then, WHOOSH, it goes away!

I finally gave up and once I know I am in "the TOM window" I don't weigh again until it is over. :)

Coastalcrafter 09-16-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483542)
Wow. Those are some exacting calculations. Who knew I was a 96.1% chuckle producer? I'll see what I can do to get my LOL percentage above 50%.

I'm also glad to hear you're being so attentive while driving. But we're down to 2 chickens now, since 1 of the 3 was crossed with a ferret and eaten with 2 cups of veggies and a salad. Thought you should know.

Oh No! who was eaten Henrietta? Carmella? or Gertrude?:o

I'm svelting! 09-16-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonder cat (Post 3483404)
hi, all. Just got back to work from my initial consult with my coach. She seems great She told me a new allowed vegetable is spaghetti squash (no other squashes, but that one, yes). I should double check with her that is is not one of the occasional veggies. She said a few more things I'll write down in a post, probably in the weekend thread.

the wonder cat Thanks for sharing about the spaghetti squash. I'll treat it as an occasional veggie until you report back. That will be a lovely way to get some veggies. I have some recipes using SS that I love; I'll have to figure out how to modify them to fit with IP.
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvaLynn (Post 3483422)
I had my first weigh in today and I am shocked!! Down 9.8lbs & 10.5 inches!!!!!

:broc: :broc: What a terrific start! Really keeps you motivated for the next week, no?
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483580)
I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

You got some good suggestions about exercising. I hope you'll ask your coach about it or experiment to find what level of exercise best supports what you want to achieve.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ (Post 3483616)
I've hit a phase where I'm not hungry at all and am having trouble eating all the req. vegies. Just forced myself to eat my mushroom soup packet with cooked vegies, couldn't finish it all. I know this is really a good problem, but I can see where it would be easy to slip into not eating enough.

I continue to lose a a phenomenal rate. Seems like most days I'm down a pound. I'm on my 19th day and I'm down 22 pounds! I know that doesn't seem possible, but it's true! I don't know if the rapid loss is because I'm heavier? I don't care though I'll take it. I can get up and down so much easier now and my husband has really noticed the difference. I hope this doesn't slow down to much as I still have a lot to lose.

MDMJ, :bravo: :bravo: on your first 19 days! :encore: :encore:
About the veggies: Does it work for you to have some of the veggies as a snack? Having a smaller amount more frequently might help you get all of them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3483662)
Wait! Ferret is on our approved meat list! How could I have missed that?

But it's a lot of work for so little meat and I'm told it's very game-y tasting.
Quote:

Originally Posted by upnorth (Post 3483781)
Last Wednesday I got a call that my 96 year old grandmother passed away. It was a lovely service and wonderful family stories all around, but the hardest thing was OMG.... I've only been on this for 4 days!!! ... After 11 days, I was 5 llbs down and have my first weigh-in tomorrow (it had to be rescheduled for the funeral). We'll get an official number then. I figure if I can make it through the family 'dishes' in week 1-2, then I can conquer this life long battle. Back home and in the groove, I'll be reading and posting more often now.

My condolences. That's an awesome story about how you managed this. You might want to print out that post for the tough times that may come up. "If I can make through ... " to remind yourself that YOU CAN DO IT! :yay:
Quote:

Originally Posted by KelleyAnn (Post 3483785)
... So too much exercise can definitely slow or stop weight loss.
So can not eating enough packets, (and sometimes that means 4 if your hungry), not eating all your veggies, not eating all your protein, or not drinking all your water.

I have a water note. I have been very consistent about drinking the minimum 64 ounces, but it has not been enough for me. I have increased my amount to about 80 ounces and so far this week I feel a lot better as far as energy and hunger are concerned. While drinking 64 ounces my water percentages at weigh in have never been as high as they should be.

Alright, on a more fun note, as of my weigh in yesterday, I am 1 pound under my goal! :carrot::carrot::carrot::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: :spin::spin::spin: I'm going to be moving to phase 2, to lose a pound or 2 more to cushion for gaining back the glycogen stores. I am soooo looking forward to my first phase 3 breakfast!!

I am also wearing my wedding ring for the first time in 8 years.:carrot: My 40th birthday is coming up in October and I absolutely cannot believe I'm going to be the same size I was when I got married at 24yrs of age.

:congrat: on your success and :thanks: for sharing it.
Also, thanks for posting your observations about how your body responded to different off-program activities -- skipping meals, exercising too hard. I have noticed similar things; there can be a fine balance on this program.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3483887)
Oh No! who was eaten Henrietta? Carmella? or Gertrude?:o

Even worse, the chicken was CROSSED with the ferret. Now there's something you're glad you didn't see!

Linden 09-16-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesgod (Post 3483766)
And, frankly, I expected greater discretion in vocabulary selection from you of all people, Linden. Gosh! ;)

Oh yeah? Well, I had to study Old and Middle English for my doctorate. Isn't education broadening?

kju 09-16-2010 09:27 PM

Great to hear all of your stories - I found an IP food I really like - finally - Raspberry Jelly - hmm hmm good

nursemel 09-16-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggies86tbc (Post 3483144)
I was at my weigh in last week and have consistantly lost about 3 lbs a week. I was very happy with this. My coach told me I needed to cut my carbs to below 25 g per day for a faster weight loss. I have been miserable ever since I did this. I thought I had everything under control but now I feel like the diet is controlling me for the first time. Ever since I have done this I'm fighting hunger. Can anyone tell me what their coaches are telling them about the daily carb intake. Also i have added walking and pilates to my routine. Since I have done this I'm always thinking about food and hungry. Any suggestions would be helpful

aggies86: I'm still new to the program (just 2 wks), but I think if you were losing steadily 3 lbs a week and you were happy that you should continue to what you were doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom (Post 3483379)
My ticker just showed up today. Yours will probably be there soon! Now I have to figure out the Halloween challenge ticker.

iowahawkeyemom: I got my Halloween ticker from tickerfactory.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483580)
Hi Guys!

I am so upset. Today I went for my week 3 weigh in. My first week I was down 5.5 and 2.5 the second. This week I was only down 1lb!!! I cant believe it. I have been exercising like crazy too. At this point I am ready to give up :( I really feel that after such a dramatic diet change and the amount of exercise I have been doing I should be down more.

kelly1234: Check out the exercise thread. There is some great information on exercising.

[QUOTE=MotherDuckMJ;3483616]:crazy: I've hit a phase where I'm not hungry at all and am having trouble eating all the req. vegies. Just forced myself to eat my mushroom soup packet with cooked vegies, couldn't finish it all. I know this is really a good problem, but I can see where it would be easy to slip into not eating enough.

MotherDuckMJ: How long did it take for you to get there? I still feel hungry, but not all the time like before.

UPDATE - DAY 13
Had my second WI tonight - how about I actually lost 7.4 lbs last week. This week I lost 1.6 lbs, which is pretty good considering earlier in the week I thought I gained weight and was feeling really discouraged. Thank God for this site. So many of you gave me encouragement and support when I needed it most. THANK YOU ALL:hug: So my total weight loss in 13 days is 9 lbs. :whoo: I am getting the hang of things - I am so grateful for this site. I don't think I would be doing so well without it. The recipe thread are great - I tried the sweet and sour cucumbers and Rosemary chicken. They both were delicous. My problem meal is lunch. Does anyone have suggestions?:broc:

Traveling Stitcher 09-16-2010 09:55 PM

Good evening! Congratulations to all you successful people!

I apologize, but I KNOW that in my readings on this site prior to starting IP I saw the results of a survey regarding people's favorite IP products...I have searched and just can't find it. Thanks in advance for your help!:hug:

rachel13 09-16-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher (Post 3484019)
Good evening! Congratulations to all you successful people!

I apologize, but I KNOW that in my readings on this site prior to starting IP I saw the results of a survey regarding people's favorite IP products...I have searched and just can't find it. Thanks in advance for your help!:hug:

My favorite by far is the Vanilla Ready Made Shakes.. the Chocolate are a close second :):) Found them back on the shelves at my clinic today thank goooooodnesss!!!

Booked a spring break trip to South Padre Island today with a bunch of friends from high school... it's months away but now I certainly have more motivation to get skinny. I want to feel confident in a bathing suit. I'm not sure I ever have?? I've always been a bit "chubby" ever since elementary school. Not any more!!! Has anyone been to south padre? would love to hear about the things I should try and the things I shouldn't...

Great losses this week everyone :):)

Soon 2 B MrsT 09-16-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Soon 2B Mrs. T, your post made me sad for you. Listen to I'm svelting's advice and look at your most recent progress photo again. You are gorgeous now and you will reach your goals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3483341)
Awwww, Soon2B, you're feeling frustrated. Remember the scale isn't the only measure of what's happening and that our bodies work in mysterious ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelleyAnn (Post 3483785)
Just remember how great you look and how close you are to your goal. Not far at all, really!

Thanks ladies for your encouragements!! I was completely discouraged after my weigh in seeing as though my wedding is 79 days away. Stress is getting the best of me. Good thing I've got a massage scheduled for Saturday. :) This week is done. Now onto next week. Next week will be better.

rachel13 09-16-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

hi, all. Just got back to work from my initial consult with my coach. She seems great AND (drumroll.....) she knew about YOU! I mentioned I had been reading and reading and learning from you all. She had a smile of approval. She said some of her clients are too overwhelmed to do any pre-reading at all, so she was very glad I was prepared. Because of you all, I knew which products I wanted to select. She told me a new allowed vegetable is spaghetti squash (no other squashes, but that one, yes). I should double check with her that is is not one of the occasional veggies. She said a few more things I'll write down in a post, probably in the weekend thread.

Anyway, excited to chop, chop my veggies tonight (after class) and start IP tomorrow!

Soon 2B Mrs. T, your post made me sad for you. Listen to I'm svelting's advice and look at your most recent progress photo again. You are gorgeous now and you will reach your goals.

The wonder cat... we are the same height and you are starting at nearly the same place I did... it's amazing how much your body will change after 20 lbs... and I can't wait to see what we look like at 135... I just love knowing how great you'll feel with every pound you lose... good luck!!

Ciebelle 09-16-2010 10:39 PM

Wondercat and Rachel12 I am the same height as you gals and my start weight is 186.6..so kinda the same. I started on Sept 13/10

:)
Cie

Tminus80 09-16-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT (Post 3483083)
Well, just had WI #12 and I've hit ANOTHER plateau. Apparently my body hates me currently. Why is it that when I need to lose weight the most, my body quits responding to this. Back to the basics I guess. That's all I can do.

I thought the same! I had some consistent weight loss for the first 5 weeks, then week 6 and 7 loses were around 2 pounds. I tested and was not in ketosis (although my coach was not too worried about it) so I went online here and used google to find out what to do to get back in. Between the two I figured that staying on plan and jump starting it with a long (45 min) low impact walk might work. So the next week I ate on plan (mostly select veggies) and went on a few 45 minute walks. Then that Saturday night I tested again and was totally back into ketosis. That's why I think you are so right! When it goes a stray, getting back to basics is really important. Refocus and look ahead to the next week. You should also remember how great you have done, how much healthier you are, and how awesome it will be once you are at your goal! Keep it up!

kplus80 09-16-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT (Post 3484047)
Thanks ladies for your encouragements!! I was completely discouraged after my weigh in seeing as though my wedding is 79 days away. Stress is getting the best of me. Good thing I've got a massage scheduled for Saturday. :) This week is done. Now onto next week. Next week will be better.

Looking great, Soon2B!

Mind sharing where you got your dress? It's adorable!

the wonder cat 09-17-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachel13 (Post 3484057)
The wonder cat... we are the same height and you are starting at nearly the same place I did... it's amazing how much your body will change after 20 lbs... and I can't wait to see what we look like at 135... I just love knowing how great you'll feel with every pound you lose... good luck!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciebelle (Post 3484065)
Wondercat and Rachel12 I am the same height as you gals and my start weight is 186.6..so kinda the same. I started on Sept 13/10

:)
Cie

good catch on our similarities. Travelin Stitcher is right there with us (with rachel13 leading the way....er....weigh :p )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher (Post 3484019)

I remember seeing that chart, too, TS. A chart with percentages of people who rated the IP food with a high number or a low number. I can't remember what was the most popular, but I remember the leek soup was rated the 'least favorite'. Anyone know where the chart lives?

JKF 09-17-2010 12:49 AM

Re: Soon 2B Mrs T

[QUOTE=Soon 2 B MrsT;3483083]Well, just had WI #12 and I've hit ANOTHER plateau. Apparently my body hates me currently.

Interesting that your progress temporarily slowed at 6 week intervals. Maybe something in your schedule or body chem changes around that time that alters your results for the week. Or, is this type of plateau common in this diet? I read that there's a three week lull but I didn't experience that. TOM week is going to be a bear for me each month, so I'm going to plan ahead w/tasty foods.

Doesn't help that we live in Austin, home of the best Tex-Mex in the state. I'm not counting down the days to Christmas, I'm counting down the days to Queso and Guac! (Not really, but it's a nice food fantasy.)

Congrats on all that you've already achieved! 25+ lbs is awesome!! :wave: (it's a smiley 'wave' but it looks like he's giving himself a pat on the back)