3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

petiteandcute 09-17-2010 12:57 AM

To all of the new ladies: I wish I had found this forum before I started IP, but since finding it I have received encouragement, wisdom and entrainment. Stay focused on what you are suppose to do and the doing will get easier. It is so easy now and second nature that I feel spoiled. I am so proud of myself and you will be proud of yourselves too. Whether people notice your weight loss, could care less about this diet ( eating plan) or any other diet or don't understand why you are doing this crazy thing-ama-gig, remain true to the plan and most of all to yourself. If being over weight can cause us health problems we have to deal with it, if being at our ideal weight gives us great joy we get to take pleasure in it. Enjoy every moment of your journey (even those moments or hours when you feel like you could eat the whole house). Remember you are doing this for YOU! Others just get the opportunity to gaze at your new shape. I just looked up the word gaze. (Definition of gaze: To fix the eyes in a steady and intent look.) Cool! Well, for those of you who do not know my age, I am 65 years old and am improving my looks. I'm not arrogant, I just care about how I look. I want each and everyone of you, whether you are new to the program or have been on it longer than I have to reach your ideal weight. Let's learn to eat our way to good health and gorgeous bodies. Judy

xmln3x 09-17-2010 03:19 AM

I think my fat little heart just jumped for joy!

I'm new and starting the diet later this morning.. as its 2:15 am already. But I've been doing about 5 days of straight research.. thanks to this handy dandy forum! But the kicker is... Heinz Malt Vinegar is 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 sugar. I think I'm in love! And I LOVE malt vinegar, especially on spuds. I think I'll try cauliflower as a potato substitute with a touch of malt vinegar sometime this weekend! YAY!:carrot:

Linden 09-17-2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmln3x (Post 3484218)
I'm new and starting the diet later this morning.. as its 2:15 am already. But I've been doing about 5 days of straight research.. thanks to this handy dandy forum! But the kicker is... Heinz Malt Vinegar is 0 carbs, 0 fat, 0 sugar. I think I'm in love! And I LOVE malt vinegar, especially on spuds. I think I'll try cauliflower as a potato substitute with a touch of malt vinegar sometime this weekend! YAY!:carrot:

That sounds really, really good. (Of course, I could probably eat vinegar on anything. :^:) Here's something to dream about for the future: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...1+Cookbooks%29

xmln3x 09-17-2010 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3484227)
That sounds really, really good. (Of course, I could probably eat vinegar on anything. :^:) Here's something to dream about for the future: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...1+Cookbooks%29

Linden.. you big tease! Although... I think I can make due, hopefully. I'm pretty crafty so who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at a salt and vinegar turnip or something.

In other news... I'm not quite sure where to post this so I'll just ask here. The caramel bars... I tried a sample at my first meeting. Awesome. I've done nothing but think about them for the last 4 days! But my question is this... I know its said you can have 1 restricted item daily. But I'm going to try and go without any restricted items for a good couple of weeks. But I was thinking, in a moment of weakness, what if I cut up the bar, froze it and when I am really having a tough day where I wanted something sweet or a "treat" have 1 piece of the bar. Would that kinda mess up the whole only 1 restricted a day kinda thing or would that be something that would be ok to say.. stretch one bar over a week period?

Linden 09-17-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmln3x (Post 3484244)
Linden.. you big tease! Although... I think I can make due, hopefully. I'm pretty crafty so who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at a salt and vinegar turnip or something.

In other news... I'm not quite sure where to post this so I'll just ask here. The caramel bars... I tried a sample at my first meeting. Awesome. I've done nothing but think about them for the last 4 days! But my question is this... I know its said you can have 1 restricted item daily. But I'm going to try and go without any restricted items for a good couple of weeks. But I was thinking, in a moment of weakness, what if I cut up the bar, froze it and when I am really having a tough day where I wanted something sweet or a "treat" have 1 piece of the bar. Would that kinda mess up the whole only 1 restricted a day kinda thing or would that be something that would be ok to say.. stretch one bar over a week period?

Tease yourself! Wish I'd thought of the turnips. But you know, and this is kind of sad. Turnips don't seem to be grown here; and Safeway, the master of importing vegetables from Mexico, to California, to Hawai'i doesn't deem them worthwhile for island consumption. Collective nerds.

I think you've digested (I can't believe I said that, but I mean it in the same sense Frances Bacon did) this program pretty well for someone who's so very new to it. AND, I can't speak for the rest of the crowd here because (1) I've never had a bar; and (2) I don't know what your coach would say. But personally, I think emergency fall-back plans are good, smart. What you're suggesting is a darn sight better than a handful, or more, of salt and vinegar potato chips.

Linden 09-17-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Tease yourself! Wish I'd thought of the turnips.

I think you've digested (I can't believe I said that, but I mean it in the same sense Frances Bacon did) this program pretty well for someone who's so very new to it. AND, I can't speak for the rest of the crowd here because (1) I've never had a bar; and (2) I don't know what your coach would say. But personally, I think emergency fall-back plans are good, and smart. What you're suggesting is a darn sight better than a handful, or more, of salt and vinegar potato chips. And stretched over a week. . . . Why not, if it isn't a habit or, worse yet, the focal point of your day.

bookie 09-17-2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1234 (Post 3483632)
I do get measured only every other week thought so I wasnt measured this week. I dont think I am out of ketosis as my mouth is still really dry and bad breath. I am cuytting back on exercise next week as I will be in London.

Hi Kelly, I'm new too I started the IP diet 3 weeks ago and I lost 7 lbs in W1, 1.2 in W2 and 1 in W3. Dont be discouraged I told myself I'm down 9 lbs in 3 weeks and I haven't gained or stayed the same so I'm remaining focused and increasing my water. The more water I drink the more I seem to lose on my scale at home. I can't wait to weigh in on Tuesday. I'll let you know how I do.

Keep your head up!

Melissa

I'm svelting! 09-17-2010 07:18 AM

Friday chat thread now open

The new daily thread is open. This thread is closed.

Where do I post?

To share something new or tell us about your plans for today:
It's best to post in the Friday September 17 thread.

amylew 09-17-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

The caramel bars... I tried a sample at my first meeting. Awesome. I've done nothing but think about them for the last 4 days! But my question is this... I know its said you can have 1 restricted item daily. But I'm going to try and go without any restricted items for a good couple of weeks. But I was thinking, in a moment of weakness, what if I cut up the bar, froze it and when I am really having a tough day where I wanted something sweet or a "treat" have 1 piece of the bar. Would that kinda mess up the whole only 1 restricted a day kinda thing or would that be something that would be ok to say.. stretch one bar over a week period?

FYI - I've been on IP for 9.5 weeks and I haven't had a restricted item yet, even though I was told I could have them from day one. I decided to save them for (1) when I was sick of the regular packets and (2) when I absolutely felt like I was going crazy and needed a cheat.

Amazingly, neither of these things have occurred yet! I have an entire box of garlic soy nuts and three bars that my coach gave me for free, but I haven't felt the urge yet. From what I've read here, the bars are like crack, so now I'm afraid to eat one. :D