3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

I'm svelting! 09-16-2010 06:57 AM

IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do. ;)

Yesterday's chat

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
You can set up a ticker after you've been on the board 21 days and have made 20 posts.
The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!

sheila1971 09-16-2010 07:32 AM

Good Morning everyone. Well yesterday my day started off very well I had to take my daughter to her doc appointment which is 165 miles away. I started feeling shaky and had left my bar at home on the kitchen counter along with my car charger, well needless to say i did to a salad I added meat for protein, but I tell ya what it was such a stressful day I could have had a soda but did not. My daughter has to have surgery sept 28, and I had found out my ex company no longer is offering insurance, anyhow there were blessings yesterday between eating and being held accountable for my actions on that and actually working with my ex for a change since the divorce, well I won't give myself a 10 but a 7 for me is pretty good!! Costco nope I did not do samples NOT ONE!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

amylew 09-16-2010 07:33 AM

Good morning! My scale finally went down this morning -- I've been stuck since Saturday.

So I'm down 30 pounds in 9.5 weeks! :dancer:

I'm svelting! 09-16-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila1971 (Post 3482871)
Good Morning everyone. Well yesterday my day started off very well I had to take my daughter to her doc appointment which is 165 miles away. I started feeling shaky and had left my bar at home on the kitchen counter along with my car charger, well needless to say i did to a salad I added meat for protein, but I tell ya what it was such a stressful day I could have had a soda but did not. My daughter has to have surgery sept 28, and I had found out my ex company no longer is offering insurance, anyhow there were blessings yesterday between eating and being held accountable for my actions on that and actually working with my ex for a change since the divorce, well I won't give myself a 10 but a 7 for me is pretty good!! Costco nope I did not do samples NOT ONE!!

Sounds like you handled a challenging situation -- 7 is a great rating for the first time juggling all that! :yay: I keep a foil pack of tuna in my bag; some of us keep a bar. That way you only have to remember to replace it after an emergency.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amylew (Post 3482872)
Good morning! My scale finally went down this morning -- I've been stuck since Saturday.

Hey Amy! Glad you saw a number that pleased you. Just remember that you haven't been stuck -- your body is just doing some kind of work to release the fat. (I don't know what that is, that's just how I look at it) Had I kept track of my daily weights it would look like a staircase: same same same same drop 3-4, same same up a little same drop 2-3, etc.

Believe me, I do understand the gratification of seeing the scale number go down and the little "uh-oh" or "what?" when it doesn't. :hug:

Traveling Stitcher 09-16-2010 09:05 AM

It's going to be a great day!

Good morning to all! Day 2 for me--and all is well. Drank enough water to float a ship yesterday. :yes: I had several blood sugars yesterday that were on the border of too low....so I am taking even less insulin today that the already-lowered doses I took yesterday. What a blessing!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Deb

candace5 09-16-2010 09:07 AM

Good morning all!

Sheila ~ sounds like a difficult day! Looks like you came thru it well and handled it like an IP champ!

Amylew~ good job seeing that scale move in the right direction!

Good morning Im Svelting! Thanks for always updating this thread so well!

Talk soon all!

Candace;)

Marionm 09-16-2010 09:24 AM

Since I know some of us use the shirataki noodles at least a little, I thought I'd share this link It's a blog from spark people that raises some concerns people have had with choking on the noodles.

We lived in Japan and have eaten konyaku in different forms. The Japanese consider it very healthy. It was funny the first night when we were at dinner with Japanese friends and I asked what it was and all she could say was, 'it's konyaku'. :dizzy: I did a little research and I've used the noodles off and on over the years. I do find them a bit difficult to chew, but I don't fill my fork like I might have with spaghetti or I cut them up a bit.

I just throw it out in case you are interested. It won't change my eating them every once in awhile.

advocatemom 09-16-2010 09:24 AM

Good morning all! Congrats to everyone for doing so great and sticking to it when the times get tough!! My sister and I recommitted this week at our weigh in to 'restart' this diet as if this is the first week all over again! I think that mental game might help me when I start thinking that I haven't had such and such for x # of weeks (does that make sense?) So, its a great day 3 for me today! :-)

My scale does the same thing that I'm Svelting described. Today I was as 196.4 but before I'm 'truly' there I will probably bounce up and down. I think of it as my body testing me to be sure I'm serious before it releases the fat. It still doesn't believe I'm serious LOL!! :-)

I'm still in size 16's but I am able to get in regular 16's and not 16 womens. I don't know if it is because I'm short but I feel like I will need to lose another 10-15 lbs before I even think of moving into a 14. Oh well, I have plenty of 16's now and nothing smaller so that gives me time to get some hand-me-downs from my sister, who is also moving down the scale!!

Have a good day and stay committed!

paygirl 09-16-2010 09:26 AM

Good Morning all,
Shelia-Yeah for your 7 day!
Amy-You rock!

I had a tough few days. I hadn't lost any weight for several days and was feeling a little blue. Then I went to the pictures before and now thread and ladies and gents YOU LOOK GREAT! I had to remind myself that I have lost 25lbs and am .4lbs away from my healthy BMI. Pretty good because this phat chick was obese. :)

I got on the scale this morning and finally broke 135! I am not quite sure why I was all whinny the last couple of days but I am over it.

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words and stories.

Here is to "from fat to phat"

Stormcrazie 09-16-2010 09:48 AM

Morning friends :)
I had to share a couple of things, so...I was standing in my kitchen bemoaning the fact that I have lost almost 20 lbs and NO-ONE has yet to notice/comment..and my wonderful hubbysaid.... well baby...you were BIG......OMG! he has NEVER said that to me in all of the 22 yrs we have been married. Shocked the poop outta me...I was thinknig maybe if you'da said that 15 yrs ago I wouldn't be standing here today! Anyway....2nd thing, I bought some Walden Farms, Bacon Ranch and Thousand Island Dressings and I LOVE them. I feel like I'm eating normal people salads again. Not just oil salt and pepper. They are yummy..I envision the thousand island as being the base of a "Big Mac" in a bowl kinda salad one weekend. Well that's all........Happy IP'ing everyone. Love yall

iowahawkeyemom 09-16-2010 10:04 AM

Good morning!

I am so mad at myself right now I could spit. Yesterday was the birthday party at my house for two of my kids. Well, I did so good all day until they all got here and we started talking and getting supper ready. Low and behold the next thing I knew I had eaten a cracker with some cheese spread on it. Then two. Dang it. Went out and sat on the deck and drank several glasses of water to get away from the snacks.
Stayed loyal at dinner with my grilled chicken, salad, and spinach. The birthday cake then appeared. Didn't have a piece of it but managed to straighen the left over edges and popped them into my mouth.

I am so disappointed in myself. Believe me, it is not worth cheating! It's a slippery slope. One cheat leads to another. I feel like I have set myself back a whole week now because of my lack of control. Putting on my big girl pants today (not size), well maybe size :) and sucking it up. Today is a new day.

Also considering joining a fitness center. I walk everyday for 20 minutes but think my jelly legs (along with the rest of my body) could use some toning up. Noticed while walking in shorts the other day that my skin is really starting to show it's age along with the sun damage of being a lifeguard and a sunbather for years! What were we thinking in the 70's putting all that baby oil on and sitting in the sun all afternoon day after day?

I'll get off my soapbox now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Marionm 09-16-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormcrazie (Post 3483037)
Morning friends :)
I had to share a couple of things, so...I was standing in my kitchen bemoaning the fact that I have lost almost 20 lbs and NO-ONE has yet to notice/comment..

I have learned that many people are afraid to say something to you. Perhaps they think they will embarrass you or something because they don't want to imply that you used to be fat or something. Last night when I went dancing at the studio, I was completely dressed in new clothes that fit and no one said a word to me. They did; however, make several wonderful comments to my daughter who is an instructor there. My husband's eyes said enough though! ;)

Soon 2 B MrsT 09-16-2010 10:20 AM

Well, just had WI #12 and I've hit ANOTHER plateau. Apparently my body hates me currently.

Why is it that when I need to lose weight the most, my body quits responding to this.

Back to the basics I guess. That's all I can do.

Journeysend 09-16-2010 10:28 AM

Top of the Mornin' to Everyone!!!:)

Welcome to any Newbies!!

Congrats to everyone who had wonderful weight loses and great NSV!!

We were busy combining yesterday, but this morning it has rained :( the joys of being a farmer!!

Just a reminder if you haven't posted this week's WI for the 20 lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge yet....we are doing great. There are 76 participants!!!

Have a wonderful Thursday!!!

Crystal88 09-16-2010 10:41 AM

Frustration!
I had decided I would try to have three really good days before my weigh-in (tomorrow)so the loss would be significant, and this morning I have actually gained a pound over what I was last week!
I did forget to take my potassium yesterday. And I tend to stall at every 5 pound mark, but this is really disappointing. What's worse, is I actually feel worried about facing this person who weighs me. Very defensive.

It's been a bit rough this week, waking up with the shakes and being hungry all the time. I've been on the program for 7 weeks, lost 18 pounds, and have never felt I was in ketosis, if that means you are not hungry and have odd breath.

The good milestone yesterday was that I took a walk in a really hilly conservation area yesterday - the first time I have been able to walk those hills since I started IP. Can't say I did it with a lot of energy - had to rest a lot, but it was wonderful to get out there under a beautiful blue sky.

I still feel quite weak in the muscles compared to what I felt before the program. Surely this changes at some point, doesn't it?