3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/16/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212560-ip-daily-chat-thursday-9-16-2010-a.html)

sheila1971 09-16-2010 10:49 AM

Amy: Congrads!!!

Svelting: Thankyou for all your encouraging words, your amazing!!

Marion: I bet that is really neat to live in Japan and try even more different veggies.

Advocatemom: Keep up the great work!!

Paygirl:You have done such an awesome Job!! I noticed your height is close to mine, When did you start? Your doing GREAT!!

Stormcrazie: I understand totally my ex husband said the same thing to me too. Difference was since he has been gone I have lost weight. Obviously even though you think no one has noticed, your husband obviously has look at it as a compliment and press forward.

Iowa: Get back on track, I have cheated too but you know what every minute is a struggle and eventually it will turn to hours then days, then weeks before you know it we will have it down!! :)

sheila1971 09-16-2010 10:58 AM

Crystal88: Your doing great!! I think I was in Ketosis but I cheated the one day and had an oreo, now I got choc pudding!!

aggies86tbc 09-16-2010 10:59 AM

I was at my weigh in last week and have consistantly lost about 3 lbs a week. I was very happy with this. My coach told me I needed to cut my carbs to below 25 g per day for a faster weight loss. I have been miserable ever since I did this. I thought I had everything under control but now I feel like the diet is controlling me for the first time. Ever since I have done this I'm fighting hunger. Can anyone tell me what their coaches are telling them about the daily carb intake. Also i have added walking and pilates to my routine. Since I have done this I'm always thinking about food and hungry. Any suggestions would be helpful

sheila1971 09-16-2010 11:02 AM

Aggies: I didn't think we could have carbs because my coach isn't letting me and it has been very hard. I mean NONE only their food, anything I fix has to have 5 oz protein and 4 cups veggies

nurseinsd 09-16-2010 11:20 AM

Here for the First Time

Hi everyone - my name is Stacey and I am a nurse in South Dakota. Although being a nurse has not made me very smart about the decisions I make regarding my body. I had a heart attack 4 years ago, so I quit smoking & gained 20 pounds. Now my doctor is telling me that I need tested for diabetes as my fasting blood sugars have been high on my last three labs. Ugh. I decided finally that I HAVE to do something about my weight for my health. I almost feel like when I quit smoking. I just decided it and have never wanted to smoke again! I'm hoping that Ideal Protein can help me through this. I am glad to have found this web site and hope to gain knowledge from all of you doing it. I can't wait to get started!

livelaughlove1981 09-16-2010 11:26 AM

Well today is the day I go see my doctor and get her take on what I should do while trying to get pregnant and trying to stay close to the protocol. I am armed with all the phases and information!

Lizzlee 09-16-2010 11:36 AM

Feeling Good Today
I love Fall, I wish that it lasted longer in Wyoming. It is sure nice to drive to mountians and see all the beautiful colors. Fall is a great time to make changes, the land around me is also changing. Have a great day everyone.

aggies86tbc 09-16-2010 11:39 AM

I have been eating the 3 packets of ip foods along with 5 oz of chicken and 4 cups of veggies and was doing fine. Apparantely the ip is has different carbs and so I had to start keeping track of what foods contained what carbs. Of course I like the ones that had the most, crispy cereal has 7, choc. pudding 3, yogurt drink 5 then I had to start watching what veggies I ate because they contain carbs. If you had a restricted bar you automotically went over the 25. So I went down the list and got food that was less carb intensive but wasn't working for me.

EatAnts 09-16-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseinsd (Post 3483182)
Hi everyone - my name is Stacey and I am a nurse in South Dakota. Although being a nurse has not made me very smart about the decisions I make regarding my body. I had a heart attack 4 years ago, so I quit smoking & gained 20 pounds. Now my doctor is telling me that I need tested for diabetes as my fasting blood sugars have been high on my last three labs. Ugh. I decided finally that I HAVE to do something about my weight for my health. I almost feel like when I quit smoking. I just decided it and have never wanted to smoke again! I'm hoping that Ideal Protein can help me through this. I am glad to have found this web site and hope to gain knowledge from all of you doing it. I can't wait to get started!

Hi Stacey and welcome!!! Congrats on making the decision to help you! IP is great and this forum is full of great support. Good luck. When do you start?

Linden 09-16-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila1971 (Post 3483152)
Aggies: I didn't think we could have carbs because my coach isn't letting me and it has been very hard. I mean NONE only their food, anything I fix has to
have 5 oz protein and 4 cups veggies

I'm not sure I understand this. What I mean is, how can one not have carbs when she's eating 4 cups of vegetables every day? And all the IP products have one or more carbs. Then there's the romaine lettuce. One cup, or 47 grams, has 1.55 carbs.

So regarding what Aggies' coach is asking her to do: It is extremely difficult to get under 25 carbs/per day if you're eating everything you ought. I know, because I'm doing it most days even though I know higher carb vegetables are often more nutritious than lower carb vegetables.

aggies86tbc 09-16-2010 11:51 AM

Does anyone use olives in their salads or is this a no no

salesgod 09-16-2010 12:13 PM

As much as I enjoy my "steak-flavored jello" it was time to update the signature. It oughta be good for a chuckle.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see a goat about a ferret.

damgi 09-16-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheila1971 (Post 3483152)
Aggies: I didn't think we could have carbs because my coach isn't letting me and it has been very hard. I mean NONE only their food, anything I fix has to have 5 oz protein and 4 cups veggies

I believe what your coach means is that you can not be having those nasty carbs like potatoes, chips, rice, bread, etc etc. We are all consuming carbs everyday in the IP foods and our veggies. These are "good" carbs. However, there are some veggies that have more carbs than others and IP packets that have more carbs than others. I think Aggies coach is just saying to avoid those higher carb IP packets, bars and veggies.

iowahawkeyemom 09-16-2010 12:48 PM

Checking to see if my signature tracker is working

sheila1971 09-16-2010 12:50 PM

Yes that is exactly what I meant by carbs, the potatoes, chips, bread, pasta. Sorry