Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #421  

Hey everyone...just checking in quickly to see how y'all are doing?! Things are going well with me. I seem to have a big loss, then slow gains back up to my goal weight, then another big loss, and the pattern repeats. I'm quite content to fluctuate this way since my clothes still fit great and are even loose. I've set 143 as the highest threshold on my leeway...if I hit 143 it's back to Phase 1 full throttle. Haven't needed to do more than Phase 1 recovery days so far though (after my Phase 4 treat day). Must say that at first I really followed the Phase 4 protocol sheet; however, now I'm just doing what feels right. I've been having a Premier Nutrition RTD shake for breakfast (from Costco), salad with chicken for lunch, veggies or salad with chicken or lean beef for dinner, and then a Pure Protein shake or bar for snack before bed. I really enjoyed the Phase 3 big breakfasts for awhile there, so I might go back to them soon. The key to living sanely in Phase 4 for me has been to relax and allow myself indulgences, but then also make sure to compensate properly afterward. Wishing you all an Ideal day!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post
Hey everyone...just checking in quickly to see how y'all are doing?! Things are going well with me. I seem to have a big loss, then slow gains back up to my goal weight, then another big loss, and the pattern repeats. I'm quite content to fluctuate this way since my clothes still fit great and are even loose. I've set 143 as the highest threshold on my leeway...if I hit 143 it's back to Phase 1 full throttle. Haven't needed to do more than Phase 1 recovery days so far though (after my Phase 4 treat day). Must say that at first I really followed the Phase 4 protocol sheet; however, now I'm just doing what feels right. I've been having a Premier Nutrition RTD shake for breakfast (from Costco), salad with chicken for lunch, veggies or salad with chicken or lean beef for dinner, and then a Pure Protein shake or bar for snack before bed. I really enjoyed the Phase 3 big breakfasts for awhile there, so I might go back to them soon. The key to living sanely in Phase 4 for me has been to relax and allow myself indulgences, but then also make sure to compensate properly afterward. Wishing you all an Ideal day!

Thanks for checking in Sweetstina. I was wondering how you were doing. The last thing I remember reading was that you were celebrating a wild & wonderful birthday weekend. I am trying to follow Phase 4 protocol, but hope to get to your comfort zone and maintain with a more "normal" eating pattern.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all of your postings girls!!!!! I am on phase 4 and scared just like everybody else. I am in week 4 or so after returning from vaca and doing a few days in phase 1. I haven't gained any weight back but I can't seem to eat or want to eat many carbs with dinner. I do the smaller version of the big breakfast in the mornings then pretty much stick to phase 1 protocol the rest of the day. I have a glass of wine in the evenings once a week and have had a cracker and cheese with a glass of wine a couple of times. I thought I really missed the wine, but not so much. Last night we went out to dinner and I had some dessert, I don't know why. It tasted good, I only ate half of it. I was awake most of the night with like a sugar buzz. I don't feel crappy today which surprises me. I will do phase 1 today. I am also terrified that if I get started eating the yummies I will not be able to stop. I have been put in many situations with lots of temptations and do great, I just don't taste anything. I LOVE the way I feel and LOVE the way I look. I am exercising trying to get rid of the skin issues in my arms, legs, stomach are. Lol very ugly. I have discovered a wonderful new company, with fantastic products that are fixing my face as it went from round and chubby with no wrinkles to um slouchy with wrinkles and I think crevices. If you want to know what it is private message, I will fill you in. People can't believe the difference in my face since I started using it. So I know I can do this phase 4 but as all of you I am afraid because I have lost weight and gained it back many times. I haven't been this thin though for 28 years. I too am keeping my scale where I get on it every morning and if I go up 3 pounds I am back on phase 1 till it's gone. We are going on a cruise Jan 12 and I am excited to be thin on it but scared of the food. I will work out everyday plus make good choices. I can do it and so can all of you!!! Keep posting in this thread and we will encourage each other!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #424  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
Thanks for replying, Katie. I was wondering if there were any Phase 4'ers out there who are still frequenting this site. I am not sure if they are finally in control of their eating and do not find this site useful or necessary for their success or if they have regained their weight and no longer wish to participate. It is very hard to determine this based on the posts on this thread and on the thread I started entitled, Shout Out to All Phase 4'ers, a couple of weeks ago. I know that Rocky Monarch really has it together and appreciate her extremely helpful advice and concern, but how are all the others doing? WHERE ARE YOU PHASE 4'ers????????? Please "weigh" in with your experiences!
We certainly are kindered spirits because I, too, am an all or nothing person who is a carb addict and compulsive overeater. I do well with regimentation and know that an open diet plan may lead me back to my former eating habits. I have been on Phase 4 for one week and have maintained my weight, but for the time being I am following Rocky Monarch's advice to stay the course with the recommended Phase 4 plan until I feel more in control.
I have a few questions for you, Katie. How long have you been on Phase 4? Have you gained any weight? Do you find it easy to get back on Phase 1 to maintain it. What are you struggling with and how our you resolving these issues? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks for sharing,
Jane
I am not on Phase 4 yet - I am still in Phase 1, but I have been on IP for almost 8 months. I have lost alot and have actually been worried about coming to the end of Phase 1 because I have been a carb addict and compulsive eater my whole life. I do much better fi things are written down for me to follow such as IP. I am going to follow this Phase until I get to my goal and then move to Phase 2, just for self security measures. I am going to hang out here for awhile to get the needed info for my transition. I appreciate your honesty and it is reassuring for me that there are others out there with the same issues. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Well today is supposed to be Day 1 of Phase 3, but I am scared to start it....have lost 3lbs on Phase 2 in the last 4 days...so am thinking I should maybe stay there for another week!!! I am so scared of gaining again....my DH has peeked at my weight chart and commented that I haven't been loosing very much the last month...hmmm....that is motivation for me to try even harder as he is so proud of the 58lbs I have lost.
Any ideas and comments would be very much appreciated!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #426  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Well today is supposed to be Day 1 of Phase 3, but I am scared to start it....have lost 3lbs on Phase 2 in the last 4 days...so am thinking I should maybe stay there for another week!!! I am so scared of gaining again....my DH has peeked at my weight chart and commented that I haven't been loosing very much the last month...hmmm....that is motivation for me to try even harder as he is so proud of the 58lbs I have lost.
Novak mentioned many times that she lost in both phase 2 and 3! I am so glad the switch to phase 2 caused you to lose!

It won't hurt you to go on in phase 2. You can stay there till you feel you are stalled or ready to go to three.

YOU JUST MUST BE IN PHASE 3 FOR 2 WEEKS. Keep that in mind as you plan your travel and other events.

If you are happy, losing, and still feel you want to lose more and aren't rushed to get in phase 3, then why not take advantage of the effect on your body. It certainly won't hurt.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #427  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Journeysend. I have been on phase 3 for 4 days now. It's a nice change to be able to have bread, cheese and fruit again! For the first few days my weight stayed steady (probably my body adjusting to the new carbs and calories) but this morning my scale said I dropped a lb. I'm hoping that my body has now adjusted and I will continue to drop a little more before moving to phase 4.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Greetings ladies! I've been out of town for a couple of weeks traveling for business, so I thought I'd check in. I've also been thinking a lot about diet as a travel and the choices I made -- mostly good ones. I thought I'd post some thoughts here about how phase 4 worked for me.

The first week I was traveling, I did everything I could to follow phase 4 exactly while on the road. Since its a flexible phase, it should have been fairly easy, but its not as easy at it seems. Eating out is hard, and it's even harder when you're constrained by hotels and events where someone else is doing the ordering.

Anyway, it went well and at the end of the first week I was one pound DOWN from when I left.

The second week was harder, as when I got back it involved Christmas parties three nights in a row. I did really well at breakfast and lunch, then would allow myself the ability to spluge in the evenings at the events. I didn't do too horribly until last night, where a plate of mini corndogs may have crossed my path, and I'm up about 5 pounds. Now, I know that I didn't gain 5 pounds in 3 days, and surprisingly, I didn't panic this morning on the scale.

I just decided I was home now and it was time for more sensible eating, and I know that next week I'll be Ok. I'm going to phase 1 and 2 for the week, and we'll see where I am next week. I'm guessing, based on the way my body has behaved so far, I'll be back down where I want to be.

I hope everyone is doing well, now that I'm back I'll check in more.

JC
Old 12-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Thanks for all of your postings girls!!!!! I am on phase 4 and scared just like everybody else. I am in week 4 or so after returning from vaca and doing a few days in phase 1. I haven't gained any weight back but I can't seem to eat or want to eat many carbs with dinner. I do the smaller version of the big breakfast in the mornings then pretty much stick to phase 1 protocol the rest of the day. I have a glass of wine in the evenings once a week and have had a cracker and cheese with a glass of wine a couple of times. I thought I really missed the wine, but not so much. Last night we went out to dinner and I had some dessert, I don't know why. It tasted good, I only ate half of it. I was awake most of the night with like a sugar buzz. I don't feel crappy today which surprises me. I will do phase 1 today. I am also terrified that if I get started eating the yummies I will not be able to stop. I have been put in many situations with lots of temptations and do great, I just don't taste anything. I LOVE the way I feel and LOVE the way I look. I am exercising trying to get rid of the skin issues in my arms, legs, stomach are. Lol very ugly. I have discovered a wonderful new company, with fantastic products that are fixing my face as it went from round and chubby with no wrinkles to um slouchy with wrinkles and I think crevices. If you want to know what it is private message, I will fill you in. People can't believe the difference in my face since I started using it. So I know I can do this phase 4 but as all of you I am afraid because I have lost weight and gained it back many times. I haven't been this thin though for 28 years. I too am keeping my scale where I get on it every morning and if I go up 3 pounds I am back on phase 1 till it's gone. We are going on a cruise Jan 12 and I am excited to be thin on it but scared of the food. I will work out everyday plus make good choices. I can do it and so can all of you!!! Keep posting in this thread and we will encourage each other!!!!!
Thanks for sharing. I really can relate to your post. It sounds as though you really have things under great control....congratulations.

I do not have the cravings for carbs like I used to, but feel that the more I tempt myself, the less resolve I will have for resisting them. Last night I went out to dinner and had a piece of bread dipped in olive oil (one of my all time favs) and was able to eat only one piece and feel satisfied. Novak had once posted that her coach would stay on Phase 3 all week and eat what she wanted after 3pm on fri, sat & sun. Whatever works!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #430  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am not on Phase 4 yet - I am still in Phase 1, but I have been on IP for almost 8 months. I have lost alot and have actually been worried about coming to the end of Phase 1 because I have been a carb addict and compulsive eater my whole life. I do much better fi things are written down for me to follow such as IP. I am going to follow this Phase until I get to my goal and then move to Phase 2, just for self security measures. I am going to hang out here for awhile to get the needed info for my transition. I appreciate your honesty and it is reassuring for me that there are others out there with the same issues. Thanks!

I am in awe of your resolve and commitment, Rosemary! 112 pound loss is just amazing to me! We are the same height and are both afflicted with the overeating & carb addiction. IP is the perfect solution for dealing with this, but Phase 4 can be a slippery slope if one lets one's guard done.

What we have learned is that IP works when you work it and if our eating should get out of control, we now have the "ideal" tool to rein ourselves back in. That's very powerful and effective.

Let's keep giving all IPers support and encouragement especially since we understand each other's struggles. Love ideal and this forum!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #431  

Quote:

It really surprises me how similar our reactions are to moving on to the next Phase. I delayed going to Phase 3 for one week because I was convinced that eating Phase 3 breakfasts would do me in. The thought of finally introducing my body to my much loved carbs even though they were limited, would open the floodgates. It didn't happen and I even lost weight in Phase 3, too!

I do think and have read so many other posts confirming that "changing" things up a bit does wonders for additional weight loss. What do you have to "lose" (pun intended)??? Try moving on to Phase 3 and see what happens. Although there have been some reports that due to glycogen storage during Phase 3, a 2-5 pound weight loss may be expected, there are many of us who never experienced this. In fact, not only did we lose weight, but significant inches were lost during this time. The worst that could happen is that you decide to return to Phase 2 if your weight loss slows down. You may even find that your new gold, size 10 jacket has to be altered!

Congratulations on your 58 pound weight loss especially in light of your recent loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Thank you for reminding us to embrace those who are dear to us and not to take our loved one's for granted.

We are here to help each other!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #432  

OOOOOOps! Sorry Rosemary and Journeysend. I confused who was wearing the size 10, gold jacket. Continue to enjoy your jacket, Rosemary> iam am positive that you will need to alter it soon. And "never mind" (reminiscent of Emily Litella) the comment on the gold jacket, Journeysend! Me bad, I be confused!
Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Well still haven't started Phase 3 yet!!! Today I am fasting for blood tests tomorrow morning, so...maybe Tuesday will be the day. Just can't seem to convince myself that things will be good moving on. I also have been doing to good with my IBS, only taking 1 Imodium a day instead of the 10 to 12 that I was taking before IP....know it must be some food that triggers it...so I am kind of hesitant to start adding in food...for now I am taking things one day at a time seeing how I feel.
Thanks for all your messages of condolence for the loss of my cousin's son, I just cannot imagine what she is feeling....and don't ever hope I have to. My family is my greatest joy in life!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Hello - I am fairly new to IP, I have been on IP for 10 weeks and I'm down 33lbs (YEAH). I just had a question about moving onto the next phase? My coach says I should stay on phase one till I'm 5lbs UNDER goal?? Then move to phase 2 for a bit then phase 3 etc. I have been reading this forum for a while and I think she is wrong? I only have about another 15lbs before I'm at goal (just over 10%) shouldn't I start the transition soon? I thought I read somewhere on here that you go to phase 2 when you have 10% left? Thanks for the advice, Leanne
Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #435  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
Hello - I am fairly new to IP, I have been on IP for 10 weeks and I'm down 33lbs (YEAH). I just had a question about moving onto the next phase? My coach says I should stay on phase one till I'm 5lbs UNDER goal?? Then move to phase 2 for a bit then phase 3 etc. I have been reading this forum for a while and I think she is wrong? I only have about another 15lbs before I'm at goal (just over 10%) shouldn't I start the transition soon? I thought I read somewhere on here that you go to phase 2 when you have 10% left? Thanks for the advice, Leanne
If you started at 222 and want to be 169...then 10% left to lose is 5 pounds (105 of total you wanted to lose) so 174.

How long does phase 2 last? How long does phase 3 last?
Closed Thread