Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #46  

Just coming on here to get out of the kitchen! I was "assigned" baked treats for a meeting tonight and I'm making my favorite (WHY?) peanut butter cups. So tempted but not gonna do it.....

I've never served food to other people without at least testing it first.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #47  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Today is day one of week 4 for me too! I'm slow because I'm hypothyroid. This is the first diet in 6 years I've actually seen the scale go down. I can't wait to get to the point I can add the tracker to my profile.

207/195/134

Week 1 - 7 lbs.
Week 2 - 1 lb.
Week 3 - 4 lbs.
Hi Chelle, do you still have your thyroid gland? If so, this diet might heal your thyroid so be sure to have your thyroid panel checked. You might need to lower your thyroid med. dosages as you lose weight.

Yes, this diet is amazing that way. My brother lost 35 pounds and his doctor lowered his blood pressure and cholesterol meds.

The diet tracker is great. It keeps me motivated.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #48  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
Just coming on here to get out of the kitchen! I was "assigned" baked treats for a meeting tonight and I'm making my favorite (WHY?) peanut butter cups. So tempted but not gonna do it.....

I've never served food to other people without at least testing it first.
Yes, it is the weirdest feeling to cook and not taste something.

Make yourself a chocolate shake or pudding to get over your temptation.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 1 Week 2!

Well, I am done with my first week of IP and doing great!

Friday was my 24th birthday and I stuck to my IP protocol This was kind of weird for me since my husband and I usually go out to dinner/dancing for my birthday...I'll just have to celebrate in a few months . We had some delicious scallops instead.

Went out to the bar with friends on Saturday night and had no alcohol - yay for being DD for the next few months (I think my husband is really enjoying this convenience) - we had a great time listening to our friend play guitar/sing. Also had bible study yesterday where we eat dinner together and I stuck to my water once again. Feels good. It was a little tempting but I am finding that I am not really craving much after the first few days.

I am down 7.2lbs and 5 inches in week 1 Thanks for all of the support and advice so far. What a great resource for everyone. Hope everyone has a blessed week! Here's to a new day!

One for every 5 pounds lost!

Week 1: -7.2lbs, -5 inches

Last edited by ckanable; 03-01-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda1980 View Post
Has anyone else had an allergic reaction to any of the drinks? I am getting a intermittent rash under my breasts. I thought it was only babana pudding causing it, but it happened again yesterday when I had the Pina Colada drink.
Okay, that isn't good. Have you called your coach about this?? Definitely call your coach. What have you eaten that hasn't given you a rash so we can possibly narrow down the ingredient(s)?

Last edited by Ogdog13; 03-01-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #51  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Default Lilita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Hi Chelle, do you still have your thyroid gland? If so, this diet might heal your thyroid so be sure to have your thyroid panel checked. You might need to lower your thyroid med. dosages as you lose weight.

Yes, this diet is amazing that way. My brother lost 35 pounds and his doctor lowered his blood pressure and cholesterol meds.

The diet tracker is great. It keeps me motivated.
Yes, I still have my thyroid gland. I have my blood work checked regularly and will be having it done again the end of this week. I'm on 100mcg of Synthroid and 25mcg of Cytomel. Gradually went up with both and just got to the 25mcg 3 weeks ago. I think it helps. Feel ok so far, not hyper.

Anyone else out there on Thyroid meds???

Guys lose so much faster!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
I am getting sooo bored with my lunch meals. What are you guys eating for your veggie serving for lunch? 90% of the recipes in the recipe section has a protein in it, and I am soooo tired of broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, cucumber, radishes and mushrooms. so tired...
I would try to mix in some steamed zuccini and/or yellow squash. I also love broccolini - it is chinese broccoli (sometimes called baby broccoli) and it is a little sweeter than broccoli and gets nice and crispy if you sautee it with a bunch of garlic and some olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.

I've been eating my sauteed asparagus with garlic and some spicy mustard (kind of makes a sauce - I add it after the asparagus is cooked and let is simmer for a couple minutes).

I've also been adding vegetables to my soups. I add sauteed mushrooms and garlic to the mushroom soup and sauteed bok choy, garlic, and mushrooms to the leek soup. I think someone had a great idea of splitting up the protein between lunch and dinner - I personally like having a meal to look forward to that doesn't involve an IP product at the end of the day.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

FTLMIKE - Can I ask what you meant when you talked about the ridges and weight going down? Do you mean that you stopped eating them or added them once per day? In 5 weeks you have done very well...congratulations!!

ChelleFL and ckanable - do you eat restricted items? I agree ckanable....I couldn't eat the soup if I didn't put sauteed veggies in it. Mushrooms and green peppers are good. I usually cook up a batch every few days and add the veggies to the omelettes, soups, chili and spaghetti.

Someone a few days ago mentioned that they used the egg whites and egg mixtures in the cartons, I bought some today and will try them tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the quantity would be to match the IP omelette?

Today I'm starting day 1 of week 5 and have my weigh in later today.

Last edited by skittlescda; 03-01-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

ChelleFL and Lilita175:
I'm hypothyroid. I still have my thyroid gland. I take 50 mcg of Synthyroid daily. I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2006 when I was 25. When I first started taking the thyroid medication, I noticed a big difference. Suddenly I wasn't dragging my feet all day and for the first time in a while I was actually voraciously hungry! I think it did wonders for my metabolism. I got my levels checked last October because I just don't feel that way anymore, but everything was fine. So hopefully losing my extra pounds will help with the increased energy and metabolism again.

Guess I should get my levels checked sometime soon. Is is really possible to "heal" the thyroid?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 192/171/150

Height: 5"8

Hello I have not been on for a long time. I'm at week 4 and have lost 21 pounds. : ) I started in a size 15 and went out in a size 11 this weekend. Love it have never felt better.

Last edited by Boydsbearskd; 03-01-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Congrats to shellydar, ftlmike and ckanable on the weight losses!!! Great Job!!

skittlescda - I think you can use 3/4 cup with the liquid eggs.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #57  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

IP is getting popular around here....we even have a restraunt that is starting a new IP portion of their menu...Will have to check it out!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #58  

ChelleFL and ckanable - do you eat restricted items? I agree ckanable....I couldn't eat the soup if I didn't put sauteed veggies in it. Mushrooms and green peppers are good. I usually cook up a batch every few days and add the veggies to the omelettes, soups, chili and spaghetti.

Someone a few days ago mentioned that they used the egg whites and egg mixtures in the cartons, I bought some today and will try them tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the quantity would be to match the IP omelette?

Today I'm starting day 1 of week 5 and have my weigh in later today.[/QUOTE]

I am only in my second week and my IP coach (my aunt) has only allowed me to have one restricted item for the first two weeks - the veggie chili which I really enjoy. I am only having it twice per week. Starting in my third week (next week) she will allow me to have other restricted items (I think one per day). I got a box of the orange pancake and maple oatmeal as well as lemon poppy seed bars for weeks 3 and 4. From what I've heard through this discussion board I think I will try to stay away from most restricted items aside from the chili so as to maximize my weight loss.

Wow - if we can use an egg substitute and get the same amount of protein as the omelet packet I would be floored! I would love to know if this is possible. Although I don't know how we would match the soy protein content.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
IP is getting popular around here....we even have a restraunt that is starting a new IP portion of their menu...Will have to check it out!
Really?!? Where do you live?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #60  

Congratulations Boydsbearskd on your weight loss!! I hope to lose that much in just weeks! Amazing - keep up the good work!
Closed Thread