Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #556  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Oh....I forgot to say I add all that high fat whipping cream, etc. to a pkg. of sugarfree pudding.
that's so funny!!

I bought premade jello in the dairy case - they're fat free, sugar free - i'm guessing totally chemical. sweetened with aspartame but i figure at this point a little bit of aspartame won't kill my diet. Haven't tasted them - I'm still in the "saving treats" mind set - have some fudge in my freezer too. I hear you on the orange juice - i have these big oranges sitting on my counter - they're calling me - I taste good, i'm healthy, i'm sweet. They probably are dried out and gross but I'm not hearing that part at all.

I'm a little worried that once i get to my goal weight i'm going to think i can eat whatever i want again. How about you torchlaker? Ottawa can you tell us again how you did it?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #557  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Lilita - hope you start to feel better soon.
Rachel13 - hang in there - plateaus happen for lots of reasons - you're probably doing everything right.
I want so desperately to be in the 140s so bad because I haven't been since I was a freshman in HS and so I think this is why my body is fighting me. It's my first major goal and this is why it's upsetting me so much lol
Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #558  
Start Date Oct 26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
I want so desperately to be in the 140s so bad because I haven't been since I was a freshman in HS and so I think this is why my body is fighting me. It's my first major goal and this is why it's upsetting me so much lol
I hear you - it took me a long time to get out of the 170's and then the 160's. it will come off don't lose hope.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #559  

Quote:
Ok, well since this is the alternate group discussion I feel safe asking if anyone else is using Lindora or EAS shakes from walmart? I have had a stand still 2 weeks (well my scale at home hasn't moved this week) and I am doing nothing different but using these brands of shakes instead of IP. I'm starting to get worried that the relief I was starting to feel financially will soon be ruined. Any comments would be appreciated!
I have been doing an alternative IP and using EAS Shakes (from Walmart) from the beginning. I have been on this alternative diet since January 5th. I have lost 23lbs. I am probably not losing as fast as everyone else that has been on stict IP but I am happy that I am losing.
My weight loss per week has been

I love this forum eveyone here is great. It gives me such motivation to keep on going.
Hang in there I know that you will keep on losing!!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #560  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Quote:
I know, I know. I thought I would NEVER be below 190 again for the rest of my life. Now I am almost blase about it because I have been in the 180's so long it is beginning to feel like my highest weight ever (does that make sense?)

If you don't know about "set points" please take the time to research it. It is a very real thing. Our bodies hold on to certain weights that we have been in the past.

The main thing is PERSISTENCE. Think of the Olympians. Each one has a story of setbacks and obstacles on their way to the Olympics.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #561  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylou View Post
I have been doing an alternative IP and using EAS Shakes (from Walmart) from the beginning. I have been on this alternative diet since January 5th. I have lost 23lbs. I am probably not losing as fast as everyone else that has been on stict IP but I am happy that I am losing.
My weight loss per week has been

I love this forum eveyone here is great. It gives me such motivation to keep on going.
Hang in there I know that you will keep on losing!!
Well it looks like you are doing great!! I have had some weird TOM problems (2 weeks worth) and I was accidentally eating a lot of salmon (which my paper clearly states only to have once a week) and so I went in to my clinic a few days early to see where I was going wrong and my fat was up a little bit and I was retaining a lot of water due to TOM so now I feel a little better and am no longer blaming the EAS shakes and Lindora shakes. Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #562  

Torchlaker: when I read your line "somebody lost weight on the other page" I laughed so hard I started coughing! With this pneumonia, it must be good to loosen it up. Ha-ha-ha-ha.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. I have not been doing IP per se because of my illness. Some of the "regular" foods I have eaten were not all that great and I will not be using them when I get to maintenance. Here's a rundown if you're interested:

Oranges: taste wonderful
Bananas:not as great as I remember
Corn tortillas: bland
Wonton soup: kinda salty but filling
canned chicken soup: yucky
milk: filling but I'd rather have a protein shake
raw almonds: crunchy, a good little snack
beans: just okay, could live without them (and I'm Mexican-American!)
oatmeal cookie: not worth it
Peking pork (the boyfriend brought it): too sweet
cereal with milk: filling but not really worth it

Anyway, some of my aversion to "regular" food could be the pneumonia and general blahness. But I think some of it is that I'm "over it" with the food, food, food. Like an old boyfriend that keeps popping up and has lost his charm.....bwwwaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaa!

I can't wait to see Dr. Tran Tiens new book with the "new" maintenance.

Today is another "rest and recuperate" day. Lots of coughing and raw throat still. Energy a little better but not ready to go dancing yet.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #563  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
that's so funny!!

I'm a little worried that once i get to my goal weight i'm going to think i can eat whatever i want again. How about you torchlaker? Ottawa can you tell us again how you did it?
I don't think that you have to worry about that Mom22. I recall us saying that one of the goals we hoped to achieve was this 'being the last diet" and learning proper eating habits - its for life!! I have been yo-yoing on the IP plan for almost 2 months now - yet my weight has not once gone up. I have maintained my weight, plus lost a few. According to my scale this morning i have went down another 4lbs, but as that is not official from "the coach" i am not adjusting my weight on this forum. I will be though!! I really think this diet has provided the mindset needed to keep the weight off. I know for myself, i am very conscious of EVERYTHING i consume. I just cant see that changing, and letting myself gain everything back....And even though i know life can be full of surprises, and at times events will compromise my eating (occasions, trips etc) i now know how i can counteract that by perhaps doing a week of IP after. I am not against doing that, even if i did it for a few years. That is how i understood Dr. Tran - counteracting the planned indulsions! You have done so well, i think the worries set in as you prepare to live IP free. Those are thoughts i deal with as well, and have for awhile now. It will all be GOOD!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #564  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
I don't think that you have to worry about that Mom22. I recall us saying that one of the goals we hoped to achieve was this 'being the last diet" and learning proper eating habits - its for life!! I have been yo-yoing on the IP plan for almost 2 months now - yet my weight has not once gone up. I have maintained my weight, plus lost a few. According to my scale this morning i have went down another 4lbs, but as that is not official from "the coach" i am not adjusting my weight on this forum. I will be though!! I really think this diet has provided the mindset needed to keep the weight off. I know for myself, i am very conscious of EVERYTHING i consume. I just cant see that changing, and letting myself gain everything back....And even though i know life can be full of surprises, and at times events will compromise my eating (occasions, trips etc) i now know how i can counteract that by perhaps doing a week of IP after. I am not against doing that, even if i did it for a few years. That is how i understood Dr. Tran - counteracting the planned indulsions! You have done so well, i think the worries set in as you prepare to live IP free. Those are thoughts i deal with as well, and have for awhile now. It will all be GOOD!
Sandra, I could not have put it better myself. And you know me, I like to put my thoughts into words and paragraphs. LOL.

I know I keep referring to my sis-in-law and her success. She is my IP coach. She has maintained a 50 pound wt. loss for 8 months now (size 10 jeans and her skin and hair are glowing.) My brother (her husband) has maintained his 90 pound wt. loss. also. He is 6 ft tall and weighs 190.

For the most part they eat a healthy diet. Nothing fried, no fast foods. They focus on lean proteins and vegetables. They have a protein shake first thing most mornings. In the evenings, they used to drink cocktails and beer but now they only drink red wine.

When they do go out to dinner, they might order lasagna and garlic bread and salad. Then they will share a dessert. The next day they do IP all day.

So my point is that they are doing maintenance according to IP and they are not gaining the weight back. Yay! We will all be there, also!

I can't wait to get back to the gym and kick the last 10 pounds to the curb!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #565  
Start Date Oct 26/09

thanks SandraB and Lilita - I've come to rely on the IP foods and I know i can lose weight when i'm doing IP. You're right though, i also have become much more conscientious about what i eat - i read labels and actually know what they mean now. i might have a taste of something but i don't need the whole thing. I do love the thought of red wine too - until about a year ago, i never found any that i actually liked - have stumbled on a couple and i'm looking forward to having a glass now and again. thanks again,

Last edited by Mom22; 02-26-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #566  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
I can't wait to see Dr. Tran Tiens new book with the "new" maintenance.
He has a new book coming out?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #567  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

red wine - many favorites!! but best one in my opinion ....

Yellowtail - Shiraz

Tried, Tested, and True!
lol
Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #568  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
I am adding it to the pre-made vanilla shake. You can find it in the regular supermarket near the vanilla flavoring, almond flavoring, etc. I also have the raspberry flavoring.

Today I added Diet Hansen's dark cherry soda to the premade vanilla shake.
Mmmm, that was my "late lunch" today and kept me satisfied until late evening.
Thanks for the ideas!!! Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I know you'll be back in fighting form soon!

Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #569  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Don't know if I will have time to change my stats...but I did lost another 3#!! So now I am only 3# from goal.

You are so close!!! I know you can lose those last 3lbs by the time you go on your trip! I'm cheering for you!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #570  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Geez....how do you guys get all those little "cheerleaders" and "balloons" and such? My page always looks so boring (and long......). It would be so wonderful to be in the 140's...I would cheer for 149 and be happy!

Lilita - I agree with you....I have tried a few things and there are only a few "as good as I remember." The OJ -- that was great. That Rueben pizza was good! The breaded perch and mashed potatoes I love at my fav restaurant....kinda heavy and yuk! (I only ate half and threw the rest out). Coconut shrimp was good...so was sushi....but that is about it. Everything else is kinda a disappointment.

I understand the revised book by Dr. Chan may be out soon. Nurse didn't want me to buy the old book....said to wait for the new book because it has a better maintenance plan. I find myself searching thru old lowcarb cookbooks....thinking...soooooon!

Since October...I slip in a T. of shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese on my salads...or a dollop of sugarfree RediWhip on my puddings....or else I would go insane.

Not been feeling real great today....thought I had a bug...but seem to be better tonight. Think I am gonna go take a multi or 2 (since I haven't been taking them) and maybe some potassium, cuz I ache...al over. Didn't get much sewing done....Had to lie down this afternoon cuz I was running a slight fever.,,,no energy (and I don't have pneumonia....). Was supposed to go to Fibromalygia support meeting tomorow....but the thought of even getting ready tires me out.
Closed Thread