Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Torchlaker, Ogdog put a crab stuffed mushroom recipe in the recipe section.
I have a great recipe for sauce that I make to go with crabcakes. Let me figure out how to alter it for us. Might be problematic as the main ingredient is red bell peppers. But i'll try. It also has horseradish. That's ok right? should be. Back soon.
Echobaby, your recipe isn't showing. Please repost!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #227  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Smiles

Hi all!

Echobaby: I remember seeing that comedian, shes a HOOT!

Your Superbowl menu's all look delish. I just bought mushrooms yesterday and that stuffed mushroom idea sounds wonderful.

I'm so glad to see your all going back to Phase 1. I was starting to feel lonely~! And well, jealous!

This past month has been really hard for me to break what I think was a plateau so I began the Meghan boot camp to see what an improvement it would make and still only lost 3 pounds a week. I WANT MORE!! I'll take the 3 pounds but I wanna see a bigger weekly loss.

To date I've lost 40 lbs and 22 inches in 15 weeks. So I'm not complaining I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. I did finally give in and buy the IP vitamins hoping that will improve things. I dunno, will see.

Good Luck with Phase 1 everyone.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #228  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb View Post
77 lbs so far =D
When I get 100 lbs lost the ideal protein az people want to interview me =o
You will be a STARrrrrrah!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #229  
Started IP 10/30/09

QUOTE=Ogdog13;3138560]Echobaby, your recipe isn't showing. Please repost!!! [/QUOTE]

Have not posted because haven't figured it out yet. OK, I'll just go with the red bell peppers because nothing else tastes like them. We'll just have to decide if we want to lose or maintain tomorrow.

I don't know about youse guys, but this Superbowl feels more like a Holiday than any other in my memory. You people who've posted that you don't have a team to root for: since it's of no consequence to you, please root for the Saints...it'll be more fun for you and they can use all the prayers they can get. Thank you in advance.

AHHHHH!! My boyfriend wants me to make Gumbo tomorrow for the Superbowl. Any of you who make Gumbo know that 1. I'll have to make it today for it to be at maximum goodness tomorrow and 2. That I'll have to taste it along the way to make it truly good. WTF?!!! Can't do a low carb, i.e., sans roux, because it would be wrong on a moral level. Also, I have Cajun pride. So do I set myself back a couple days, for the Cause, or do I stay true to I.P.? I'm leaning stay true because this is the first time the Saints are in the Superbowl and I don't want to jix them.....any thoughts?[
Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #230  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Continuing to lose all that vacation weight. Another pound gone overnight.

Vacation planning: it was really the hardest challenge so far on IP, even more than the holidays. For my recent trip to Texas I packed a lot of IP packages and bars and never opened one while I was there. I couldn't justify opening an expensive package when someone was cooking for me or taking me out to a restaurant. And as I said before, the food was delicious so I just let go and enjoyed it. I can say that I didn't "stuff myself" though because my stomach is not used to eating large amounts anymore.

If I had it to do over again I would not have packed any packages except for maybe a few bars for between meals hunger attacks (never happened because meals were so frequent.)

And I would have eaten more salads and vegetables at the different restaurants we went to (to keep things moving.) I did notice one slim family member that always ordered soup at each restaurant. The soups were full of veggies. So that would be something I would do on my next vacation. Order more soups and salads.

Most of my food eating events involved a lot of socializing with family. The focus was on talking and catching up with each other so it was hard to focus on the food and be picky about it.

When I travel with just my boyfriend it is much easier to pick a restaurant and look carefully over the menu.

I am so glad that IP works on vacation bloat! In the past, I would have gained the weight and come back home and kept it on.

So those of you planning some trips soon, I would say: stay on IP until you leave on your trip so you can arrive feeling great. Take some IP bars and soy snacks with you to eat when others are eating junky snacks. I recommend fiber pills to stay regular (I had them but kept forgetting to take them.) Then just go on maintenance IP, eat real food at each meal and "enjoy the moment" and relax. It's a VACATION! IP will be here when you come back.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
QUOTE=Ogdog13;3138560]Echobaby, your recipe isn't showing. Please repost!!!
Have not posted because haven't figured it out yet. OK, I'll just go with the red bell peppers because nothing else tastes like them. We'll just have to decide if we want to lose or maintain tomorrow.

I don't know about youse guys, but this Superbowl feels more like a Holiday than any other in my memory. You people who've posted that you don't have a team to root for: since it's of no consequence to you, please root for the Saints...it'll be more fun for you and they can use all the prayers they can get. Thank you in advance.

AHHHHH!! My boyfriend wants me to make Gumbo tomorrow for the Superbowl. Any of you who make Gumbo know that 1. I'll have to make it today for it to be at maximum goodness tomorrow and 2. That I'll have to taste it along the way to make it truly good. WTF?!!! Can't do a low carb, i.e., sans roux, because it would be wrong on a moral level. Also, I have Cajun pride. So do I set myself back a couple days, for the Cause, or do I stay true to I.P.? I'm leaning stay true because this is the first time the Saints are in the Superbowl and I don't want to jix them.....any thoughts?[[/QUOTE]

Could you make it without rice for yourself?? Then you are still following IP and not jinxing the Saints. Btw, I'm a Redskins fan at heart but I'm sure routing for the Saints!!!!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #232  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Echobaby, your recipe isn't showing. Please repost!!!
In the recipe section, as of now.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #233  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote Ogdog: Could you make it without rice for yourself?? Then you are still following IP and not jinxing the Saints. Btw, I'm a Redskins fan at heart but I'm sure routing for the Saints!!!! Ogdog:

Don't tell anyone, but I have actually made Gumbo and eaten it with caulirice before. It wasn't bad. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow, but my main concern was the roux, which is made avec flour. Well, proportionally, the flour won't add up to many carbs. Maybe I'll eat my lowest carb I.P. or Lindora item for breakfast and just go from there.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #234  
Started IP 10/30/09

OK, this is what started all the hilarity yesterday at my work. This is somebody's ringtone: (turn up your volume, unless you're in public)

Ok, sorry. Cant figure out how to post an mp3.

Last edited by echobaby; 02-06-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Wow...I was gone all day so I missed eating the normal people...but it sure made me laugh. Thought that I WOULDN'T eat the IP people tho, cuz they would be lower in fat!!!

OK - now that I am a pee-checker....how LONG does it take to get it ketosis? I started IP strictly back on Wednesday....shouldn't it be showing something by now!

Oh geez...I woke up with the worst stomach cramps last night....I haven't gone "Poop" since Tuesday. I took the Magnesia AND the fiber tablets....I feel like a bloated innertube! Geez...I hate this part.

OK - well, some of you "oldies" will be glad to hear that some of my stress "might" be relieved a bit. I actually bought a new car today...I am still kinda in shock...(and my stomach is doing flipflops). I really missed hubby today....altho I KNEW he would tell me not to buy new. I just decided that with the 4 trips to Cleveland this year....my car falling apart..etc., that I did not want to inherit someone elses problems....plus adding a $3000 extended warranty made it almost as expensive as the Ford Escape I bought. For the first time in months, I didn't speed up to see what the make of the SUV in front of me was, coming home. I don't have to go on cars.com, or autotraders.com anymore. Maybe now I can concentrate on other things. That decision was "taking over" my life. Yup, I was the typical wife from my era......I just rode in whatever Eddie bought...no questions asked. I pick it up Tuesday (but I am gonna cry when I have to give up my Envoy....she has been such a wonderful car for me. I hope someone gets her that will love her to death -- once they fix her engine).

Stayed true to IP today...other than the water (could that be why there is no color on my ketostix??). Went out to lunch with my friend and just got a small salad with chicken (ooohhh...and they have the best scones there...).

I also weigh in Tuesday after I pick up the car....so I figure my body is just gonna hold onto this stress weight until it is all over (now if I can only find the title).

Gonna go look for the crab recipe....Hey OgDog....did you ever try that hydrogenated (or whatever) collegen you mentioned on the other thread??

Echobaby -- boy, who is that comedian? I would love to watch her....Didn't Roseanne used to do skits like that???
Old 02-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #236  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Wow...I was gone all day so I missed eating the normal people...but it sure made me laugh. Thought that I WOULDN'T eat the IP people tho, cuz they would be lower in fat!!!

OK - now that I am a pee-checker....how LONG does it take to get it ketosis? I started IP strictly back on Wednesday....shouldn't it be showing something by now!

Oh geez...I woke up with the worst stomach cramps last night....I haven't gone "Poop" since Tuesday. I took the Magnesia AND the fiber tablets....I feel like a bloated innertube! Geez...I hate this part.

OK - well, some of you "oldies" will be glad to hear that some of my stress "might" be relieved a bit. I actually bought a new car today...I am still kinda in shock...(and my stomach is doing flipflops). I really missed hubby today....altho I KNEW he would tell me not to buy new. I just decided that with the 4 trips to Cleveland this year....my car falling apart..etc., that I did not want to inherit someone elses problems....plus adding a $3000 extended warranty made it almost as expensive as the Ford Escape I bought. For the first time in months, I didn't speed up to see what the make of the SUV in front of me was, coming home. I don't have to go on cars.com, or autotraders.com anymore. Maybe now I can concentrate on other things. That decision was "taking over" my life. Yup, I was the typical wife from my era......I just rode in whatever Eddie bought...no questions asked. I pick it up Tuesday (but I am gonna cry when I have to give up my Envoy....she has been such a wonderful car for me. I hope someone gets her that will love her to death -- once they fix her engine).

Stayed true to IP today...other than the water (could that be why there is no color on my ketostix??). Went out to lunch with my friend and just got a small salad with chicken (ooohhh...and they have the best scones there...).

I also weigh in Tuesday after I pick up the car....so I figure my body is just gonna hold onto this stress weight until it is all over (now if I can only find the title).

Gonna go look for the crab recipe....Hey OgDog....did you ever try that hydrogenated (or whatever) collegen you mentioned on the other thread??

Echobaby -- boy, who is that comedian? I would love to watch her....Didn't Roseanne used to do skits like that???
Yes, Roseanne did do that type of comedy. I like her..what is she doing now? Ahh..the Ego....

The comedienne's name is Monique. She is nominated for an Oscar now, and I doubt she'll return to standup, but we can hope....it really was funnier than I prsented here in writing.

I am SO HAPPY that your vehicle is one less thing to worrry about. The weather and faulty cars are no joke.

As for turning purple...be patient. And if you run across any Atkins book, buy it. He explains better than any of us could, the ketosis. OK, gonna spend the rest of my waking hours talking to my kid. Good Night.

Last edited by echobaby; 02-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #237  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

NSV tonight...

My fiance and I decided to go out to eat tonight, and we settled on a Thai and sushi restaurant we used to go to about ever other month. I stuck with the sashimi (just raw fish, no rice) and a spinach appetizer to stay on plan, and it was awesome. The NSV, however, was when one of the hostesses (in a very thick Asian accent) came up to me and told me how much smaller I looked than the last time she saw me! This caught me completely by surprise, because while she had been working almost every night we'd ever been there, it's not like we'd ever struck up a conversation before. I was very flattered and told her that the main thing was no sugar, and she was nice enough to check with some of the things I ordered to make sure there was no sugar added to it. Then as we were leaving, she told me I'd probably be even smaller the next time I came in, and to tell her my secret then!
Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Echobaby - yeah, I have heard of Monique and saw her at the Golden Globes (on t.v.) a few weeks ago, but I have never heard her do standup. I still thought it was funny when you said it...really.

Elisha - how amazing that someone you don't even know would notice your weight loss. Didn't it just "pick you up?" (I give you credit for not ordering sushi - we went to a restaurant in December...and I HAD to have the sushi...actually, my nurse told me that it is not the WORST thing I could eat...but geez, the white rice.....)

I love the compliments.....When I first moved to Michigan 5 years ago, I was 216...and that is what my drivers license picture looks like. Anyways, when I went to buy the car today, I had to give him my drivers license. His mouth dropped open....He said, "This doesn't even look like you." (OK...OK -- he was trying to sell me the car...lol). At my sewing meeting today, we were talking about "cropped pants" - and how someone short and/or heavy shouldn't wear them (I didn't know that....I wore them). They said, "They have to be tall with long lean legs....like you". I just busted up laughing...so did they....cuz I really am not tall anymore (I was 5'7" -- getting old sucks)...but I do have long legs. Are those NSV's too?

Gosh, it is after midnight....I am too wound up from buying the car to go to sleep. Was gonna watch a movie....think I will go crawl into bed and read....and pray for a "movement" tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #239  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Naughty Naughty Naughty.....
Ok so I have been doing really well all week long and then I got a surprise visit from my lil sister who is 13. My parents adopted her after all thier other children were grown. She thinks I hung the moon and everytime she comes to see me we go do something fun. She had been waiting to see Avatar so that she and I could go together. Soooooo... I took her to lunch, of course 13yr olds want Pizza. I had two peices. Then we went to the movies, had movie popcorn with lots of butter, a soda, a few peanut m&m's. Then I came home had two eggs, my pack of IP and some spinach, then worked out for 45 minutes. I guess I feel guilty because i continue to pay money every week to lose weight and at this rate I will be on this diet until next christmas. Wowzers. Ok just had to vent at my poor descision making skills. Although we did have a great time and that is what life is all about. I will be very good tommorrow and hopefully my weigh in on monday will be ok.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #240  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default Warning: some graphic words here

Hi all,
Great posts! I have been just lurking because I am worried about this diet. I got really sick Thur night and was losing it at both ends (you know what I mean), and fever of 102 all friday. Still yucky on Sat, especially after eating. So here is what I am worried about....pancreatitis. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions; and I have to admit I was on day two of a very late cycle (since meno not really late I guess) and with my endometriosis maybe I was just sick from that. I had noticed though for a while that there was the odor of oil, maybe like motor oil when I went. I know this is tough to discuss, but has anyone else noticed an odd smell when you go #2?

But here is what I am wondering....Is it possible that with no/low sugar for so long that when we do overindulge it sends the pancreas into a tizzy? I have to admit I had wine and frosting thursday nite and a cupcake earlier in the day. Everything else was IP. Too much sugar maybe? Or just a bug? I will call my gastroenterologist tomorrow. We get a free colonoscopy through our insurance if we are over 50 so maybe I'll just get checked at both ends. That's what he did when I was 40 and had an ulcer. He said as long as they had me 'out' they might as well check the bottom half too!

Today I have had IP oatmeal and feel O.K.
Well, if anyone has any insights lets me know...sorry for the graphic post!
Closed Thread