Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #136  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post
Oh Yeah, I am totally an all or nothing kinda gal

I gots no answers....but this week I've not yet fallen off...??

Maybe the drive will come back to us.........again.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #137  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

I'm BAAAAAACK. And so glad to find this new thread to connect with my old buddies. I have so much reading to do. I am only on page 5 of 10.

I do want go back to the old thread and provide some encouragement where I can. Also, one of the newbies, Cherryface(?)is my coworker and I want to go over to the old thread and see if how she's doing.

Before I forget, the new Oprah Magazine Feb. 2010 has a great spread on jeans and how to find the perfect fit for different body types.

My 2 week trip to Texas was great. My boyfriend (can't we come up with a better word for a 57 y.o. man? I don't like the word "partner" either......it sounds like a law firm. LOL.) and I spent a lot of time with both my family and his.

The food and eating was non-stop. We are talking about 2 big Mexican-American families getting together on a daily basis. Homemade Mexican food in nothing like the restaurants. It is way better. My 96 year old Dad had his big birthday bash and more than 100 people attended.

I don't know how much I gained but it "feels" like 5 pounds. I am back on Phase I IP as of today.

I met with my IP coach, which is my sis-in-law back in Texas. She told me I only have 10 more pounds to lose. She recommends that I take one month to lose the 10 and then go into Phase II for 2 weeks and so on.

Now get this: during our meeting, she served me coffee with Cremora! I told her that it is one of the worst things she can put in her coffee! She agreed with me and said that it is her only "indulgence." So then I admitted to her that I have been using half & half in my coffee all along. We both laughed about it.

She has been on maintenance for over 6 months now along with my brother (her husband.) So I watched what they ate very carefully (without appearing too nosy if you know what I mean.)

In my family, all the meals are served "buffet style" and we sit wherever we can (living room, back porch, etc) because there are too many of us to all sit at the table together.

So here is how my IP coaches/role models ate:
they serve themselves only the protein choices on the first "round" of eating. Then they go back for another serving of protein and they add a small amount of the rice and beans and one corn tortilla. Also, they don't drink any beer or sodas. They do drink red wine.

We went to restaurant for breakfast and my brother ordered only a side of bacon which he ate first. His wife ordered scrambled eggs with corn tortillas. She ate some of the eggs first and then she made 2 egg tacos, one for herself and one for my brother.

So their way of eating is to always eat their protein serving first.

As a nurse, this make perfect sense. Your body has a "chemical/hormonal" reaction to everything you eat. So if you send the "protein message" to your liver and pancreas first it will digest the subsequent carbs in a more "normal" way. But if you eat pure carbs first, the body will digest them as a "sugar" and release extra insulin which creates a setting for fat storage.

Bottom line for me is to keep eating protein with every meal and snack and avoid eating "pure carbs."

It is so good to be back home and reconnect with my old IP buddies. I am going to do strict IP Phase I for the month of February and lose my last 10 pounds once and for all.

Now back to reading all your wonderful posts that I missed.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Howdy all, sorry for the slacking there, was at my mothers working hard helping her to get her house ready for renters arriving in 2 weeks. I have to admit that I tried faux painting - colorwashing - for the first time this weekend and the results were outstanding...very beatiful and recommend it for anyone!! On that note, cheated while with mom. LOTS-O-WINE, couldn't help it...okay, could...but the wine was directly from Italy (YUM!!). On the food side though I did cheat with sushi, but watched my portions and didn't have the udon (sp) noodles. Also had a crab cake for a lunch over the weekend but it had no breadcrumb filling, another super yummy. So, although I cheated with food cheats, they were still "good" cheats. Does that make sense? My scale showed a 2.6 lb gain though...which I am hoping is me retaining water. And, I do think it will come back off fast (keeping my fingers crossed).

I need to comment to you Committed. I found your negative posts very abrasive. Whatever our reasoning for this thread, you should respect it. We respect that new people need their own thread, and realiize that our less strict ways at this time may not be the best thing for reinforcement for them. And, the alternative plan is indeed IP compliant, it was handed out by an IP rep for those who want to follow it (this was done back closer to the beginning of the holidays). Not that I owe you an explanation but I love food...I love to eat. I am surprised that I don't weigh more with how much I was eating. So, I am now following the IP compliant alternative phase...I am just plain old happier having some cheese, nuts and fruits. And I am still losing weight on it, not as fast as when I was strict, but I AM enjoying the diet with more variety. As for those of us using Lindora or other products....OMG, we have learned from IP (and Dr Tien) that we need to eat high protein, low carb and to watch our caloric intake. Just because we are using a different brand of packet(s) doesn't mean that we aren't following IP. If anything it shows that IP has taught us our protein/carb/calorie lessons and we have applied them!!!!! It is also preparing us for the upcoming Phases!!! Our goal is not just to lose weight but also to relearn how to eat so that we don't put the weight back on. As the diet states, "....the last diet you'll ever be on..." If you miss us and want our thoughts, just post on here in addition to the orginal forum. It may not be ideal for you, but the old forum isn't ideal for us anymore. Please respect that.

Torchlaker, ouch on your fall. Sorry girl. Sounds like you tried to catch yourself in midst of the fall...double ouch. I hope you are feeling better! They sure can make you sore!!

I aplogize that I don't remember who posted the "all or nothiing" statement. But I can totally understand the thought process. Although I was indeed conscious of what I was eating, the wine got the best of me by that thought process. I figured that I already strayed, so why not some wine...

I am taking the Gymnema, but haven't been on it for at least a month like MehanO. I don't know if I feel a difference or not yet. Let me see how this week goes as I am starting to PMS (ugh) and my chocolate cravings should soar!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #139  
Started IP 10/30/09

FINALLY I have moved off of 154. As you know, I've not been a good I.P.er for the last 3-4 weeks. But I've been perfect since Friday and it's paying off. I think I got my mojo back.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #140  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
FINALLY I have moved off of 154. As you know, I've not been a good I.P.er for the last 3-4 weeks. But I've been perfect since Friday and it's paying off. I think I got my mojo back.
Yay, getting over the hump!

I cheated myself on Saturday by going to a Korean bbq restaurant with a bunch of my fraternity brothers (co-ed fraternity), and while I stayed away from the rice and alcohol, I just pigged out on the meat and salads (and who knows what they added to those). I was all set to be at 155 lbs at this week's weigh-in, and looking forward to making my hair appointment... but no, I had to eat delicious, delicious Korean food instead. So, hopefully this coming week.

On another note... last night I picked up one of those big tubs of kitty litter, and after hauling it into my car I saw it was a 27 lb container. That's pretty much what I've lost! That was a big motivator for me. So next time y'all are in the grocery store, stop by the pet supplies aisle and find a thing of kitty litter that's about as heavy as what you've lost. It'll make you feel good. :-)
Old 02-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Echobaby, cheating and still losing weight....YOU GO GIRL!!

Elishatamar, those little cheats keep you sane. You'll be at 155 before you know it!! Also, you avoided the rice and the alcohol, not easy, but you did it!!!

Last edited by Ogdog13; 02-02-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #142  

Ok, I went back and read some of the posts on the original thread and I quickly became bored because they (the newbies) are all going through thoughts/feelings/questions that we have already gone through.

I can see that they are quickly forming bonds and friendships the way we all did when we first started. So I don't feel one bit guilty leaving them to their own devices.

I really, really need you guys and I am so glad we are all hanging in.

I brought back some new IP products from Texas (my sis-in-law is a distributor) and spent the morning organizing my kitchen as if I was starting fresh.

Today I tried the Leek Soup for the first time and it is my favorite of all the soups. And I tried the WF Honey Dijon on my spinach salad and it was excellent.

For Superbowl Sunday I plan to use WF ketchup on some boiled shrimp and some bbq chicken wings.

oops gotta go.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #143  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

echobaby way to go - still losing! elishatamar i remember Christmas we were saying that we had lost the same amounts as a turkey - now we're up to a bag of kitty litter. so funny...

Ogdog13 - I've often thought, when reading your recipes and posts, that I'd love to come to your house for supper - having some treats with your mom is part of life - glad you were able to enjoy yourself.

lilita175 - welcome back from your holiday - it helps to hear how your family is eating to maintain - interesting and it makes sense. protein first too because it tends to be more filling and you get that "I'm full" feeling quicker - eat that first rather than gorging on carbs and then realizing how much you just wolfed down. good tip.

I'm going to pick up some gymneva and try it out. sweets aren't really my problem - i want some taco chips with salsa, some salt and vinegar chips with dip...chips, chips, chips...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Let's do it! By sticking with it, we'll all be ready for Spring when we can start wearing our lighter clothes.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #145  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Lilita,
welcome back.I have missed your posts. Hang in there everyone we will get back on track. i have not had any cheats for almost a week (but the peanut butter is calling my name) I have had extra protein at dinner. Is that gonna be really bad?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #146  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Let's do it! By sticking with it, we'll all be ready for Spring when we can start wearing our lighter clothes.
You know what I REALLY can't wait to buy? Sundresses!

10 more pounds and I'm cutting my hair in a Bob. Still too much double chin right now.

Last edited by echobaby; 02-02-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Oh Lilita....I am so glad you are back. It sure seemed like a long time without you. I, too, am trying to encourage the newbies....but I sure didn't today....I gained 4#. So let's see....I gained 2-1/2# over 3-1/2 weeks at my sons.....lost 1-1/2# of that...then gained 4# in a week and a half (but...Echobaby...you said it wasn't fat...sob....it showed up as fat on the "fatometer" -- or whatever they call that thing!!)

So = yeah...I have learned to eat better but I HAVEN"T learned how to not use food as a stress reliever. I thought I was doing SO good just eating the 100 calorie fudgesciles and/or ice cream, or sugarfee tapioca (those 2 things are my comfort food)....but I haven't. (hey, I am really whining here, aren't I?) I even tried NOT having the fudgesicles in the house...and the other night, I got out of my pajamas and went to the store and got some!!! What have I learned? (and geez, this is not what I want the newbies to hear.....).

Oh well...it is nearly 8pm....and I haven't had dinner....my house is a wreck...I have no clothes for my trip (tried shopping today...I just can't make myself BUY that expensive stuff....). Plus...I live in Michigan...there aren't spring clothes out yet!!! We still have a &^%&^ of snow!!

OK - I am done!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #148  

Week 9 weigh in today...down another 4lbs. That makes 35lbs from Dec 2 to Feb 2.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Echobaby -- I wanna wear sundresses!! Now my arms look all crinkly and there is this big batwing hanging down. Went to try on a new bra today....must have tried 20 of them. The underwire makes this 3rd and 4th boob (sorry, Josh)...under my arms. I am sure open for suggestions.....

I had a long talk with myself tonight......I think I am just scared to go back on Phase I or Phase II because of how lousy I felt when I tried to go back on it in January. You guys know that I have never really felt "good" on this diet. Right now, I have more energy than I have had since September....but I am going to try to pull off the final 9#...and will sure need you guys. I should probably go back and read my old posts, huh? I was SO motivated then. Echobaby-- send me some of the mojo you found! (I would have liked to have been with Lilita and had all the homemade mexican food.)

Lilita...that was very insightful about eating the protein first....I tried that tonight with shrimp...yeah, I never did end up eating my salad tho.

Echobaby - I am selfconscious about my doublechin (and the hanging wrinkles....)...so I grew my hair longer!! Elisha is darn close to a new hairdo, huh?

Mepeterson: I doubt if the extra protein will be bad. Reading Lilita's observations of her family made a lot of sense. PLUS the nurse always told me that if I was going to "err" - "err" on the side of protein rather than carbs.

OK - I am gonna go plop in front of the t.v. Recording Biggest Loser (cuz I hate all the commercials) so don't tell me who they kick off. I usually cry whenever they kick someone off and root for them to do it at home. I guess I should do the same!!

I just checked my new scale (I got a springloaded one - it was on sale for $20 at Bed,Bath and Beyond). NOW my scale matches up with the doctors...altho it doesn't give me those little increments like my digital one did...HOWEVER -- I compared the two...and my digital one weighs 5.2# heavier than my new one.

I did go back to the therapist today....first time since November. I had made a list of all the stresses I had going on. She always tells me I am being too hard on myself! That I am reacting normally....My son also went today (down in Ohio) without his fiance. We must be one mixed-up family.....

Did I say I was gonna go plop? I really am.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 AM   #150  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Echobaby -- I wanna wear sundresses!! Now my arms look all crinkly and there is this big batwing hanging down. Went to try on a new bra today....must have tried 20 of them. The underwire makes this 3rd and 4th boob (sorry, Josh)...under my arms. I am sure open for suggestions.....

I had a long talk with myself tonight......I think I am just scared to go back on Phase I or Phase II because of how lousy I felt when I tried to go back on it in January. You guys know that I have never really felt "good" on this diet. Right now, I have more energy than I have had since September....but I am going to try to pull off the final 9#...and will sure need you guys. I should probably go back and read my old posts, huh? I was SO motivated then. Echobaby-- send me some of the mojo you found! (I would have liked to have been with Lilita and had all the homemade mexican food.)

Lilita...that was very insightful about eating the protein first....I tried that tonight with shrimp...yeah, I never did end up eating my salad tho.

Echobaby - I am selfconscious about my doublechin (and the hanging wrinkles....)...so I grew my hair longer!! Elisha is darn close to a new hairdo, huh?

Mepeterson: I doubt if the extra protein will be bad. Reading Lilita's observations of her family made a lot of sense. PLUS the nurse always told me that if I was going to "err" - "err" on the side of protein rather than carbs.

OK - I am gonna go plop in front of the t.v. Recording Biggest Loser (cuz I hate all the commercials) so don't tell me who they kick off. I usually cry whenever they kick someone off and root for them to do it at home. I guess I should do the same!!

I just checked my new scale (I got a springloaded one - it was on sale for $20 at Bed,Bath and Beyond). NOW my scale matches up with the doctors...altho it doesn't give me those little increments like my digital one did...HOWEVER -- I compared the two...and my digital one weighs 5.2# heavier than my new one.

I did go back to the therapist today....first time since November. I had made a list of all the stresses I had going on. She always tells me I am being too hard on myself! That I am reacting normally....My son also went today (down in Ohio) without his fiance. We must be one mixed-up family.....

Did I say I was gonna go plop? I really am.
Dearest Torchlaker, my heart aches with you....I know your Baby is in pain right now, and so must you be, too. Wow, Shakesperare, huh? Joking aside, I wonder....if I had known, back 22 years ago, that having a kid would make me as vulnerable to hurt as I am now, would I have done it?

I guess, yes, I would have. And so would you have. This is LIFE. We've chosen to live it by putting it out there, and, I must say, you're doing just fine, Torchlaker. You're giving to other people, son or not. That's really all we can say is our purpose. Wow, is this corny. ? Yeah, but it is all the harder to write and say, because I KNow it is. I'm not good with the corn.

You're strong, obviously, and others look to you for that strength. Even people who don't know you. Take it easy, little Bigfoot! (reference to her posted adventure, I think on the regular IP Feb thread)....just so you know I'm not that corny.

Last edited by echobaby; 02-03-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Closed Thread