Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM   #406  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

is anyone else on here a vegetarian? i need some suggestions on what is ok to use as a dinner protein in place of lean meat or fish. i know that eggs are ok, and that is great, but i honestly don't think i can eat eggs for dinner every night for the next few months. my coach isn't a vegetarian, so he isn't much of a help when it comes to this. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all,
Is splenda allowed? I would like to have something to sweeten my coffee, I don't want to drive 35 min. to the health food store to get Stevia.
Thanks, Holly
Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #408  
Started IP Dec 4, 2010

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi all,
Is splenda allowed? I would like to have something to sweeten my coffee, I don't want to drive 35 min. to the health food store to get Stevia.
Thanks, Holly
As far as I know SPlenda is allowed, that's what I use on my coffee.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4parr View Post
Are you on blood pressure meds? Could be you need to have your RX adjusted. Just a thought!
No I am not on any meds. Appreciate the response though!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 214/184.6/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
For starters, your body has switched from getting quick sugar energy over to energy from fat. That's the good news! But it can def. make you feel funny. Same thing happened to me. I actually had to add ph. III foods for a few days like cottage cheese and apple. I also started on a product called "Emergen C" , a powdered electrolyte drink with extra C and B complex,which comes in a light version.
Other coaches and fellow IP ers would recommend you simply add another packet of IP Protein. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, until you adjust. Don't let yourself be hungry and dizzy waiting for your next meal. Let your body tell you what she needs right now. Better to have an extra packet of something than grab something off protocol.
Let us know how you're doing OK? It will def. balance out.
Thanks it is good too know. I drank alot more water and ate an extra IP and felt better in the evening. My body must be just having a difficult time adjusting to no junk (high carb stuff/fat etc)! Today has been much better thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #411  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
is anyone else on here a vegetarian? i need some suggestions on what is ok to use as a dinner protein in place of lean meat or fish. i know that eggs are ok, and that is great, but i honestly don't think i can eat eggs for dinner every night for the next few months. my coach isn't a vegetarian, so he isn't much of a help when it comes to this. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Read Novak's posts. She did the program as a vegetarian.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Default shirataki noodles or Miracle noodle

Hello everyone,

i just discover the miralcle noodle it is call. 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 calories.

Can I use it on IP? It would be fantastic !

Thank you
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #413  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hello everyone,

i just discover the miralcle noodle it is call. 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 calories.

Thank you
Sure. Just soak them well; or boil for a minute or two.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #414  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa333 View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you
Mmmmm, Miracle Noodles.....YES!!! You can use them! Rinse then par boil....however, don't eat the whole bag! Only half is a serving.....and they seem to cause loose bowels...not diarrhea...but things move through a lot quicker! TMI? Lol! I love 'em, use them about once a week!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 212.5/201/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Mmmmm, Miracle Noodles.....YES!!! You can use them! Rinse then par boil....however, don't eat the whole bag! Only half is a serving.....and they seem to cause loose bowels...not diarrhea...but things move through a lot quicker! TMI? Lol! I love 'em, use them about once a week!
I have never heard of "miracle noodles" is this the brand name of the noodles and where do you buy them? Are they acceptable on Phase 1?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #416  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Exercise

I am in the Military. We usually have to exercise 3 times a week, MANDATORY. We usually do 30 min of running (treadmill or sometimes group run outside) and also some calesthenics (Not sure if I spelled this right). I have been able to stay away from exercising for the past two weeks since I was told I wasn't supposed to exercise much during the first two weeks.
Does anybody know if it is safe to start exercising like we are required after two weeks ? If it is not, why and what kind of exercise is allowed and when should I start?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #417  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseIt2011 View Post
I have never heard of "miracle noodles" is this the brand name of the noodles and where do you buy them? Are they acceptable on Phase 1?
Miracle Noodles is the brand name...I buy them on Amazon, but you can buy from the company. YES! The are acceptable in Phase 1!!!! They have been known to cause choking, so I use kitchen shears to snip them into smaller bits before boiling.

Also, stick with the angel hair...the linguine has had bad ratings....and may not be 0/0/0.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #418  

S/C/G: 212.5/201/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Miracle Noodles is the brand name...I buy them on Amazon, but you can buy from the company. YES! The are acceptable in Phase 1!!!! They have been known to cause choking, so I use kitchen shears to snip them into smaller bits before boiling.

Also, stick with the angel hair...the linguine has had bad ratings....and may not be 0/0/0.
Thanks for the info! I'll check them out on Amazon!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #419  

Hello, I've been on IP for almost a week now and am already getting bored with my meals ( lunches, mainly). I have searched the forum and can't seem to find if hummus is allowed? Thanks!

Sarah
Old 01-13-2011, 12:49 AM   #420  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlace View Post
Hello, I've been on IP for almost a week now and am already getting bored with my meals ( lunches, mainly). I have searched the forum and can't seem to find if hummus is allowed? Thanks!

Sarah
No, definitely not. Think about the carbs in chick peas and tahini, not to mention the fact that garlic is high in carbs for it's size; and then there's the oil.

Please go to the 2 recipe stickies.
Closed Thread