Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #466  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by debonadiet View Post
I've just gotten confused about turnips. (well, there's a sentence i never thought i'd utter.) My sheet says turnips are select veggies- not limited. But, here in the South, we eat alot of turnip GREENS. I was wondering if I could eat the bottom, WHITE part of the turnips. I made "fries" with them tonight, then got worried about it after i ate them. they tasted so starchy and good... Anybody know the answer to this???
Turnips are permitted and are not an occasional vegetable. They are a root vegetable so will be higher in carbs but, we need some so, with respect for the carb value and moderation of portions, yes, you may use the whole thing.

You may also use rutabaga. It is sweeter and higher in carb value than turnip so, it is an occasional vegetable. It makes wonderful fries, sort of a sweeter potato substitute, it also makes a great mashed potatoes substitute. You can make chips with it. I like it cubed and roasted as well. It is great, just a small amount, roasted with other hearty vegetables like: a bit of fennel, some asparagus, some broccoli, some cauliflower. Very nice and you don't need much, just one or two SMALL roots cubed about 1/4 to 1/2" is great in a big baking pan.

I have also blended the turnip or cauliflower with rutabaga when mashing it to give it a more mellow flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Does this happen to everyone? I have been stuck for 4 days on 155lb. It is almost my TOM so I don't know if this has anything to do with it.
I feel very dissapointed and feeling like I want to eat something sweet to make me feel better. Does someone have any sugestions?
It happens at various points to everyone. We don't all seem to lose every day. Some lose and hold, lose and hold. Over the week you should see a loss. AND, YES, during the week before or during TOM many women only see a small loss. It usually catches up the week after TOM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Does IP foods contain whey protein?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 183/165.6/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the websites for the food to buy. i have not tried them yet. My clinic charges 75 consult and $60 everyweek for the food weigh in and measure. It is really expensive and that is why I am looking for online places in Canada to buy the food from.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #469  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Does IP foods contain whey protein?
Yes, many of them do. Some contain soy only but, there are many that are blended.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 217/218/150

Height: 5.5

Dumb question.... My consultant sells me and assures me that the bars are OK to have every day as a snack... but as I read, they should be space out by one day.... true or not.... Confused :/
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #471  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle02 View Post
Thanks for the websites for the food to buy. i have not tried them yet. My clinic charges 75 consult and $60 everyweek for the food weigh in and measure. It is really expensive and that is why I am looking for online places in Canada to buy the food from.
Oh my goodness!!! I would take those prices in a heartbeat!! My initial consult was $100, initial food pack was $150, and $85 a week for food there after!!! I am now buying for my husband and myself!! It's getting expensive, but I wanted this so I'm making the financial changes to do it!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreilla View Post
Dumb question.... My consultant sells me and assures me that the bars are OK to have every day as a snack... but as I read, they should be space out by one day.... true or not.... Confused :/
Oreilla - it's my understanding that there was a program change in 2010 and bars, puffs, pancakes are a max of 1 per DAY now and can be eaten at the beginning of the program (ie: week 1)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Default Savoy Cabbage OK?

checked nutrients across all types and not sure still if Savoy cabbage is ok to eat. Red cabbage actually shows more carbs than green and Savoy, so that added more confusion for me. I'm not crazy focused on living by the numbers so trying to get a good handle on this as I hit week three.

Going to make Kale chips today since so many rave about them. Just couldn't do this without 3FC IP forum!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #474  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
checked nutrients across all types and not sure still if Savoy cabbage is ok to eat. Red cabbage actually shows more carbs than green and Savoy, so that added more confusion for me. I'm not crazy focused on living by the numbers so trying to get a good handle on this as I hit week three.

Going to make Kale chips today since so many rave about them. Just couldn't do this without 3FC IP forum!
Savoy is OK (and good, I think).
Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Does anyone know if I can get IP anywhere in Germany? My girlfriend is desperate to get on the program. I know this started in France, so I have to think there is somewhere in Europe that one can order products. Anyone have info on that I would sure appreciate it!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #476  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Does anyone know if I can get IP anywhere in Germany? My girlfriend is desperate to get on the program. I know this started in France, so I have to think there is somewhere in Europe that one can order products. Anyone have info on that I would sure appreciate it!
No, you can't and I'm [still] waiting to see if what I sent will clear customs.

I've also scouted all the "bio" stores w/in a mile and a half (I think) and not found a protein substitute, either. But I'm sure it's here -- just don't have enough German to ask the right questions or look it up.

If she is in the military or knows someone who is, she ought to be able to do IPtoGo w/o worrying about customs or heavy shipping fees.

I'd be willing to put our collective heads together, if she's interested, and check out stuff if that would help? I'm in Berlin and on Skype.

Edit: When I knew I was coming to Germany Carla was kind enough to check with Dr. T about getting products in France. There is one small store in Paris. One of my life's little goals is to take a night train somewhere in Europe. Years ago I met my son in Paris and he came in on the night train from Berlin. Maybe I see a new reward in sight.

Last edited by Linden; 01-26-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
No, you can't and I'm [still] waiting to see if what I sent will clear customs.

I've also scouted all the "bio" stores w/in a mile and a half (I think) and not found a protein substitute, either. But I'm sure it's here -- just don't have enough German to ask the right questions or look it up.

If she is in the military or knows someone who is, she ought to be able to do IPtoGo w/o worrying about customs or heavy shipping fees.

I'd be willing to put our collective heads together, if she's interested, and check out stuff if that would help? I'm in Berlin and on Skype.

Edit: When I knew I was coming to Germany Carla was kind enough to check with Dr. T about getting products in France. There is one small store in Paris. One of my life's little goals is to take a night train somewhere in Europe. Years ago I met my son in Paris and he came in on the night train from Berlin. Maybe I see a new reward in sight.
This is probably the store in Paris. http://www.regime-proteine-paris.com...ndex.php?id=19 I think they ship. Would it be any cheaper for you to order it from France? My girlfriend doesn't have friends in the military (she is German) and lives in Dusseldorf. Nearest larger town would be Cologne. I spoke to someone at the main office in Quebec and they are putting me in touch with someone in Europe. I'll let you know if I come with something. IN the mean time that website above has the IP products. They call it protideal in case the link above doesn't work, here is the basic website again... http://www.regime-proteine-paris.com/
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #478  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

Default IP cheaper products in Canada?

Hello, I am starting the IP diet tomorrow and I know that there are some places in the states that you can order some of the drinks for cheaper but they don't ship to canada. Anyone know of anywhere you can cheaper products in Canada?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 217/218/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Oreilla - it's my understanding that there was a program change in 2010 and bars, puffs, pancakes are a max of 1 per DAY now and can be eaten at the beginning of the program (ie: week 1)
Thank you for your help.. Saw my consultant today, she confirmed her mistake in her documents..... one per day and not one per 2 days......
Some things, I am still adjusting
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #480  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
This is probably the store in Paris. http://www.regime-proteine-paris.com...ndex.php?id=19 I think they ship. Would it be any cheaper for you to order it from France? My girlfriend doesn't have friends in the military (she is German) and lives in Dusseldorf. Nearest larger town would be Cologne. I spoke to someone at the main office in Quebec and they are putting me in touch with someone in Europe. I'll let you know if I come with something. IN the mean time that website above has the IP products. They call it protideal in case the link above doesn't work, here is the basic website again... http://www.regime-proteine-paris.com/
Wow, thank you. We hadn't come up with this. Interesting that the products are cheaper in Europe. Usually the other way around. I just wish they were a little more forthcoming with details. Thanks again, a lot.
Closed Thread