General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 08:35 AM   #91  

Carol, my heart, prayers and sympathy goes out to you. You will be in our thoughts.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:19 AM   #92  

Sending my love, I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can express my concern for you. Kisses.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #93  

Carol, my heart is aching for you! I am so sorry that this happened. My prayers are with you & Bob.

{{Love and Hugs}}
Old 09-17-2003, 11:53 AM   #94  

Carol Ann,

I'm so sorry. I will remember you and Bob in my prayers and thank God that you were there with him when he passed.

May your freinds and family be a source of comfort for you.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:42 PM   #95  

Ladies, such a sad day. I probably won't be posting before Monday, depending on the strength of Isabel when it gets here tomorrow afternoon. I live in the 100-year flood plane and we have been strongly urged to evacuate. There are no hotel rooms available for 300 miles around here, my sister-in-law in PA is expecting flooding so we are staying put. I am not doing good food wise - ate a small bag of fritos and half a bag of pretzels today...
Old 09-17-2003, 03:42 PM   #96  

Ladies, such a sad day. I probably won't be posting before Monday, depending on the strength of Isabel when it gets here tomorrow afternoon. I live in the 100-year flood plane and we have been strongly urged to evacuate. There are no hotel rooms available for 300 miles around here, my sister-in-law in PA is expecting flooding so we are staying put. I am not doing good food wise - ate a small bag of fritos and half a bag of pretzels today...
Old 09-17-2003, 04:05 PM   #97  

Quilter, I haven't watched the news since I left for work this morning. I've been praying that Isabel would lose some steam as the day progressed. Please be careful, check in as soon as you can. Gosh, I'm so worried about DNW and you, thinking about you both. ((((hugs))))
Old 09-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #98  
Long Lost Chickie

Quilter, please take care. Don't know where in PA your SIL is but we're being told to bring inside anything that's not tied down.

Semo, I'm wishing Isabel would just give up already myself. No one's quite sure exactly what she's planning on doing. That's the scariest part.

Rich's mom is flying from Boston to Raleigh, NC today. Not sure what time she was supposed to get in but we're going to call when we get home to make sure she's safe and sound. I'm hoping she's already on the ground.

DNW, I'm still thinking of you. Have been all day long. I know you've got other things to think about but post if/when you can and know that we're thinking of you.

Girls, have to go now. Interesting. Everyone's trying to get everything done quick here. Isabel's supposed to hit us around noon time tomorrow so who knows what's going to happen regarding power, flooding waters, etc.

Life on the edge. I'm not liking it.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #99  

All of you east coast ladies are on my prayer list. Please take care and be careful. I have been through one and it is indeed scary.

DNW: We continue to pray for you and know that you are totally in God's hands now and he will provide you comfort. We love you and this grieves our hearts all of us terribly.

Everyone take care. This stupid storm is actually supposed to benefit us I guess. At least that is what the weather man says! God surely works in mysterious ways.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #100  
I'm back again

Carol,

I am so saddened to hear of your loss. I know that we all read about your love for your husband since he was a subject of many of your writings and you were very proud of him. It has always been apparent that you two were very close and enjoyed your lives together. I'm sure that will be a comfort to you in the days to come.

God bless you at this time.

Bright
Old 09-17-2003, 10:58 PM   #101  
I'm back again

Take care everyone on the East Coast!

It looks scary on the news and I hope everyone stays safe.

Bright
Old 09-18-2003, 05:58 AM   #102  

I hope this morning everyone is still ok. I haven't looked at the news to see if the storm has made landfall yet, but I am worried about you all. Please be sure and take extra care the next few days. We are here for you!

Faye
Old 09-18-2003, 08:43 AM   #103  
Long Lost Chickie

Rich's mom is safe and sound in NC. She landed with no problems and now she and dad are going to ride out the storm. Rich and I (and most of our neighbors) spent yesterday evening packing up lawn furniture, etc. and packing our sheds and garages. Only problem - today's trash day so by the time we get home, our garbage cans will be who knows where. Can hardly wait.

In this area, the storm watch has been changed to a storm warning which basically means "we don't THINK it's coming, we KNOW it's coming". But it's supposed to pass mostly south and west of us so we'll get lots of wind and some rain. Biggest problem will probably be tree limbs falling and taking down power lines. The warning is supposed to last through 5:30 tomorrow evening. Some local schools are already closed. Gonna be a wicked couple of days.

Have I mentioned I'm a stress eater?

Still thinking of DNW and how she's doing. Praying to God several times a day to watch over her and help her in her sorrow. Carol, if you're reading this, please know that we're here for you and let us know if there's anything we can do for you. Bob is in a better place than this earth and he is watching over you to.

I have to go. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:53 AM   #104  

Hello to everyone!

4:15 am - cat proceeds, with difficulty, to barf up a hairball - in the bedroom, naturally, bringing Cafe to a fully wakeful (not to mention disgusted) state. <sigh>

That's just to let you know why I was awake watching the news at 4:30 a.m. about the hurricane. They interviewed a man standing in a wind tunnel - raising the wind from 60 mph all the way to 110 mph to show what that was like. [Proving that category 2 is still one heckuva storm.] All I can say is wow! All of you out East take care, I will be thinking of you today.

And Carol, of course. {{{Hugs}}}

~Cafe
Old 09-18-2003, 11:22 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Carol Ann,

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. I will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Love, Lajuna
Closed Thread