General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 09:49 AM   #76  

Monday Funday!

Bright - I'm sorry your loss has not been greater, but I'm glad you shared that. Like you, I'm not having any cravings that are really bothering me, so I'm not about to give up. Today is day 14 and I've stayed steady after those first 4 pounds. Well you know, down a half, up a half... whatever.

Jello - Wahoo on the scale!

Gotta run, noise in the office is driving me nuts - our head of sales left a broadcast voice mail that makes him sound like a drunken sports announcer and people are listening to it on speaker. I need a CD and headphones, now!
Old 09-15-2003, 09:55 AM   #77  

Hi Girls and Guy! I totally blew the weekend, ate everything in sight. I’m not weighing for a few days and drinking as much water as I can hold to try and undo some of the damage. On the up side, I did exercise Saturday and Sunday but did little else. I’m trying yet another exercise regiment, anyone heard of t-tapp? You can check it out on the web site if interested, supposed to get better relsults with less time.

Faye, happy belated BIRTHDAY! It was yesterday, right?

I’ve got to get the payroll done, be back later.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:29 AM   #78  

Faye...Happy Birthday and may you have many more. You've accomplished much since you last one!

We're laying in supplies for the hurricane - even if it doesn't hit us directly, there'll be a lot of storm damage. Our ground is already saturated so more will just make trees fall over. Depends on the storm surge how bad things will get...besides damage from wind, flying debris and all that stuff. I live on a Peninsula with 6 roads that can exit all of us. Since they all back up in morning and evening traffic, there is no way I'd even think about evacuating. I'll tough it out a home. Hoping for more water and battery shipments today since they were cleaned out yesterday when I went to get more. Going to the bank for cash today.

Didn't do my best foodwise this weekend, but I did maintain when I weighed this morning. Got to get with it so I'm going back to phase one for a few days.

How about a New Year's Challenge beginning October 1? Any one up for that? I'd like to be down to 160 by then - very doable for me.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:31 PM   #79  
Long Lost Chickie

No time! Just checking in quick to say hello and hope you're all having a good day. Semo, I had a weekend like yours apparently. I ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Wasn't pretty and the scale this morning said ... well, I can hardly bring myself to tell you all. How exactly does one gain over 5 pounds in less than 48 hours?!?!?! Stupid, stupid.....

Uh oh, gotta run. Oh but Quilter, I'm in!!! Let me think about a goal weight for New Year's Day!

Boss footsteps approach....
Doo doo. Doo doo. Doo doo. Doo doo..........
Old 09-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #80  
DNW

Hi Girlies!!

Seattle was really nice and I got to see quite a bit of at least one of my nieces...the other niece only one time as she has work conflicts. The weather was better than they said it would be but then late Weds. and Thursday rain, rain, and more rain...and my sinuses were singing!! Well the rainy part of Seattle rules out this place as a possible place to move to...got to find a place that is a bit dryer.

I also gained about 5 pounds in 5 days since although I didn't eat my face off...my eyes and nose are gone!!

I am back on the program and being good....oh well not everything that is good for us has to be fun.

Lots of love to all and I will write more later in the week....got to catch up on office work and chemistry homework.

Smoochies
Old 09-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #81  

Hi Everyone!

Two weeks down, total loss 10 lbs... but now the honeymoon is over. All the water weight is gone, rain cancelled my morning walk, DH is working nights so have chauffer duty tonight for DD which means I'm going to miss my yoga class!

At least I got off to a good start.

Faye: Happy Birthday!

Susan: Hope the worst of this hurricane misses you. Just coping with the water is bad enough without all the wind damage. I lived in Miami for many years so I know what you are up against.

Jello: Ignorance is Bliss... stay off the scales 'til you're back on track.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:08 AM   #82  

Good morning ladies!

Well I watched the Dr Phil program and I agree with all his points as I have been trying to pound that stuff into ladies heads for a long time. I only take issue with the fact he is putting his name on food now and that is just for profit.

Hope you all are doing well:

DNW: Have your facial features grown back yet?.......Sounds like you had a great time in Seattle.

Anyone who lives up the Atlantic coast, you are in my prayers. Been there, done that when we lived in Va Beach and the waiting is frightening all by itself.

We had a grand time with the gs at the Ice show. Ole big mouth threw a fit when our seats were behind the sound system and they tried to move us to the middle of a row way down on the left side. I told him no way, I had bought aisle seats and aisle seats is what we were going to have and in the same row so find us something! He tried to get nasty and man I was up in his face. DH kept trying to calm me down and for $105 worth of tickets, I was having none of it! Jack's wallet came back $60 lighter as Nonny doesn't say no. Thomas came home with a figurine, hat and a tshirt!

Well, ladies, I need to get out and get my walk in and today is clean the upstairs day so I got to hit the bricks so to speak!

Faye
Old 09-16-2003, 09:25 AM   #83  

Good Morning, it's 58 degrees here with a promise of a beautiful day. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, I have some outside painting that I need to get finished before cold weather sets in. Plus, I just wanna be outside!

Susan, please take cover, will be praying that it weakens more and more.

Faye, Don't you know that Southern Women DO NOT GET INTO OTHER PEOPLES FACES! We just demand what we want with a southern accent with a threat to do bodily harm.

Lizabeth, Congrats on the ten pounds, I haven't had that kind of success, but SugarBusters is very similar, so it wasn't that much of a change in my eating.

Jello, is Itch back this week? How are you going to spend all your OT money?

Cafe, What DEEP thoughts, guess maybe it's a blessing that I have such a short attention span.

DNW, Sure you don't want to change your occupation to Travel Agent? Glad you had a good time.

Tig, what projects are you working on this week? Kids are back home before you know it, aren't they.

Bright, The weather guy says Fall weather is here to stay, and I'm sooooooooo glad. Hope we have a long fall, this is my favorite time of the year.

Gotta run, one more day until my weekend starts....... woohoo

Last edited by SEMO; 09-16-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:36 AM   #84  

Well, the shelves are cleaned out of water and a lot of food, batteries and plywood are also gone. We are battening down the hatches. They are shutting down the Jamestown Ferry service at 12:30 pm tomorrow and moving the ferries to Richmond to ride out the storm. All the hotels are booked clear to Charlottesville. Looks like the storm is weakening, but it's still on a track to hit west of us which puts us in the northwest quandrant - the worst place to be. My boss is in Denver for a big business conference and I spent a lot of time scheduling individual client meetings during the time. He sent me an email last night and said he's coming home tonight. For once, I'm glad. He needs to be here to take care of all the properties he has and decide what we need to do. I'm 30 miles from work and probably won't be here for several days if we get much wind and rain.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #85  

Hi!
I went shopping yesterday. I actually had help from a salesperson picking out bras. All these years I've been cramming myself into a 38B...sadly, the B part was correct...I need a 42! Funny thing, bra's really aren't that uncomfortable if they fit right. Ofcourse, a 42B is a rare creature. The industry assumes if a person is a 42 she must have large ones. I ended up getting "extenders". Who knew? I also got some slacks and a really soft sweat suit type outfit...new shoes and a sweater....

Quilter, good luck braving the storm. You sound like me getting ready for a lake effect blizzard.

Semo, what'cha painting? I still need to stain our deck...it's just that staining the house was such a horrid job, I don't even want to start the deck. Today, I'm cleaning house. It's a wreck from DS's birthday party over the weekend and for some reason the maid didn't show up while I was gone yesterday. I also plan to get outside..maybe pick some apples.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #86  
Long Lost Chickie

Quilter, take care! Even here "inland" in PA, we are being told to stock up and tie down, etc. Should hit us late Thursday into Friday. What a birthday gift that'd be.

How 'bout you DNW? What's your forecast looking like?

Faye, I admire your standing up for yourself. I'd probably have sat there behind the sound system and grumbled. Or maybe would have sat where ever Mr. Nasty moved me to. Good for you!

BTW, your b-day is at the end of this month, isn't it? Or am I wrong? Where'd I get that idea....?

Semo, *itch came over to my desk yesterday and welcomed me back!! Whassup wit' dat!?!? She was all smiles and nice. Ah but I'm not fooled. I know what she's really like.... Her vacation mood will wear off soon enough. BTW, if I don't get a chance to say it later, have a great time off! Enjoy!

Well all, scale was down a pound or so this morning. I'm recovering. Drinking lots of water these days too. And oh I didn't mention! The frenchmen are back! Oooh la la.....

Gotta run ... in my panty hose ... literally.....
Old 09-16-2003, 11:27 AM   #87  

Morning everyone!

Work interferance, computer crashed in another application, lost post. Where was I?

Anyway - on to Phase 2 today -wahoo! Unfortunately the scale is being contrary-wise. I have no way to account for an apparant gain this a.m. except waking up 1 hour earlier. I'm going to assume it's a fluke and keep moving forward. I like this diet, and I'm going to eat an apple today.

SEMO - Enjoy those days in the sun! Makes me think... I'm about ready for some vacation, too. Maybe a fall cabin trip.

Jello - You crack me up! I have to remind myself the same thing about one lady - this is good, ergo it can't last.

So guess what? I put my fingers through my nylons in the bathroom yesterday, resulting in many runs. Get it, I went to the bathroom and got the runs?! Would have been more funny if it wasn't TRUE. Hope you find some nail polish.

Tiger - Congrats on the new "slingshots." Nice to have the right stuff, for a change.

Quilter - Hope that storm goes right around you, even if it doesn't sound that way at the moment. Sounds like you will be ready, come what may, hopefully you can just hide from the rain and sew.

DNW - good going getting right back on program. That's the hardest - tempting to let the 'vacation' last.

Faye - I'm picturing the usher man trying to mess with you, LOL, he didn't know who he was crossing. I'm glad you stood up for yourself and had a nice time.

Lizabeth - WTG on the first 10 gone! Hope your day yesterday improved.

Well... I went for a couple of 2 mi. walks over the weekend, just for fun, and I missed not having that chance yesterday. I'm thinking I might have to go for a ramble on my lunch hour. Take my healthy lunch somewhere and eat it outdoors, maybe...

Last edited by Cafe976; 09-16-2003 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:07 AM   #88  
DNW

Dear Lovely Ladies and One Gentleman:

My sweetheart, best friend, and the love of my life passed away this morning from a sudden heart attack. I was with him and he went very fast and did not seem to be suffering too much.

Please keep my Bob in your prayers and I will be back here when I can cope a little better.

I love you all!!

Carol Ann
Old 09-17-2003, 04:19 AM   #89  

DNW: Oh my God, Carol Ann what can I say? You sweet thing what a horrendous thing to happen to you. I will pray dilligently for you and your family. I cannot even express my sympathy for you and all I can say is my heart goes out to you and that I sit here with tears streaming down my face thinking what pain you must be in. Know that God has embraced you in your grief and has his arms around you good and tight!

Sorry guys, but I just cannot be jovial or flip this morning.

Faye
Old 09-17-2003, 08:19 AM   #90  
Long Lost Chickie

Carol, we love you too!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have stopped and said a prayer for Bob and for you and will continue to do so.

Please come in here when you can and know that I am thinking of you every moment of every day.

Love you.
Closed Thread