General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

ladynredd Thank you so much for the kind words. I am perfectly OK with my diagnosis. As a Shriner I am at our Shriners Hospitals frequently. When I see the children there it makes me realize that I do not have it very bad.

Lorna F Welcome to our little corner of 3FC visit and share often.

Munchy Sometimes we all need a break. Why not set a date for your break to end and stick with it? It may help you feel like you are moving beyond complacency.

I had a great day today!! I ate at the Golden Corral for lunch and followed Volumetrics principles by concentrating on low calorie dense foods. I ate a lot of food but I only consumed 481 calories. I used salsa on my green salad at Golden Corral instead of salad dressing. It tasted great. Dinner was also Volumetrics based. Dinner was a lot of food and only 233 Calories.

Lunch 481 Calories
Golden Corral - Baked New Orleans Style Fish, 1.5 Filet
Golden Corral - Salsa, 2 Tablespoons
Golden Corral - Cabbage, 3/4 Cup
Golden Corral - Green Beans, 1/2 cup
Golden Corral - Mixed Green Salad, 1 cup
Golden Corral - Yellow Squash, 2 oz
Golden Corral - Chili, 1/4 Cup
Golden Corral - White Rice, 1/2 cup cooked
Golden Corral - Jalapeno Slices, 1/4 cup

Dinner 233 Calories
Giorgio - Canned Mushrooms - No Salt Added, 1 cup
Del Monte - Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup

Snacks 90 Calories
Fresh Fruit - 6" Banana

Total Calories 804 My goal is 1,640
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Low Calorie Dense , Easy Veggie Soup
or double the veggies and make "Veggie Stew"
Either way it is a great Volumetrics meal.

I like spicy food so I usually add Jalapeno
peppers and/or Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

Makes 2 servings

Each serving is 2.5 cups and only 88 calories!

Ingredients
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups green beans, cut
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 chicken stock cubes (I use 2 packets Herb Ox sodium free chicken bullion)
6 cups water

Directions
Bring water to boil.
Add in chopped veggies and seasonings.
Allow to boil until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
Serve.

Larry

Last edited by Larry H; 05-24-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #213  
Lorna

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Low Calorie Dense , Easy Veggie Soup
or double the veggies and make "Veggie Stew"
Either way it is a great Volumetrics meal.

I like spicy food so I usually add Jalapeno
peppers and/or Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

Makes 2 servings

Each serving is 2.5 cups and only 88 calories!

Ingredients
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups green beans, cut
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 chicken stock cubes (I use 2 packets Herb Ox sodium free chicken bullion)
6 cups water

Directions
Bring water to boil.
Add in chopped veggies and seasonings.
Allow to boil until veggies are tender (about 15 minutes).
Serve.

Larry

I like this!! Thanks Larry, definitely trying next week
Lorna F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

My weekend is progressing well. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's 89th birthday and we took her to IHOP to celebrate. In the past she's always enjoyed eating there but they have eliminated a lot of their dinner selections and she didn't seem overly pleased with her meal so I don't know what we'll do the next time we want to eat out with her. Lots of fast food places to eat in our town, but not too many sit-down restaurants.

Because I knew we would be having dinner out, and therefore would be eating a higher-calorie dinner, I wanted to "go light" for lunch so I fixed a colorful, cool salad for lunch. I started with a head of romaine lettuce and chopped it, then added a couple stalks of celery, then sliced a banana, half a pint of strawberries, and an apple into it. Added 4 oz. of artificial crab, a couple ounces deli sliced turkey breast, then added a dressing made of approx. 1/2 C. caramel sea salt yogurt (made by Greek Gods and oh my is it delish!) and enough orange juice to make it pourable, maybe 2 or 3 tbsp. Topped the whole thing with 6 or 8 chopped almonds. It made two generous servings and kept us going from lunch until dinner with no problem. I will definitely make it again!

Last edited by ladynredd; 05-25-2014 at 11:51 AM.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

My daughter was sick last week (bronchial/asthma, then an ear infection) so it was a rough one. She ended up at her dad's Fri-Sun, so I used my child free Saturday morning to make buffalo chicken meatballs, a stuffed mushroom casserole, zucchini chicken nuggets, spicy turkey picadillo, marinara sauce, and sweet potato/spinach egg muffins (I actually made these yesterday morning). Everything is portioned and frozen! My freezer is stuffed, just like I like it!

I cleaned my house top to bottom, finished every single load of laundry (including the delicates!) and was pretty much home free by Sunday. The boyfriend grilled beef ribs on Sunday night with a homemade rub, and I made roasted butternut squash with sage, roasted asparagus, and corn on the cob.

Yesterday we dry rubbed a huge steak, marinated honey teriyaki and honey mustard chicken thighs in the morning. We brought it all over to his parents' house and had a little BBQ - they provided the sides...and grandma made me a STRONG margarita

I'm back on the grind. The humidity has kicked in full force as of last night. I have my air conditioner running in my office right now. I did have a little crying breakdown in the middle of the night because of the heat and how uncomfortable I feel every year once the summer comes. I feel like there is not a single thing in summer that I can wear and look good in. It's quite frustrating to wake up every day for a few months and feel like you look terrible.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #216  

Default Vegan Eggplant Meatballs

Thought I'd post a recipe from "Skinny Taste" for wonderful-looking vegan meatballs made from eggplant and white beans. I can't wait to try these!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/05/v...alls.html#more
Old 05-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
Thought I'd post a recipe from "Skinny Taste" for wonderful-looking vegan meatballs made from eggplant and white beans. I can't wait to try these!

Haha, I decided I was going to make those when I saw it this morning
Old 05-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #218  

Quote:
My weekend is progressing well. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's 89th birthday and we took her to IHOP to celebrate. In the past she's always enjoyed eating there but they have eliminated a lot of their dinner selections and she didn't seem overly pleased with her meal so I don't know what we'll do the next time we want to eat out with her. Lots of fast food places to eat in our town, but not too many sit-down restaurants.

Because I knew we would be having dinner out, and therefore would be eating a higher-calorie dinner, I wanted to "go light" for lunch so I fixed a colorful, cool salad for lunch. I started with a head of romaine lettuce and chopped it, then added a couple stalks of celery, then sliced a banana, half a pint of strawberries, and an apple into it. Added 4 oz. of artificial crab, a couple ounces deli sliced turkey breast, then added a dressing made of approx. 1/2 C. caramel sea salt yogurt (made by Greek Gods and oh my is it delish!) and enough orange juice to make it pourable, maybe 2 or 3 tbsp. Topped the whole thing with 6 or 8 chopped almonds. It made two generous servings and kept us going from lunch until dinner with no problem. I will definitely make it again!
Just popping in to say, Wow your salad sounds amazing and delicious! I love Greek Gods yogurt. I am going to have to try that salad combo soon.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #219  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:

Popping in to say: those look fantastic!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #220  

Default A Pretty Good Month!

Hard to believe it's June now and the year is almost half over.

Since this thread has been so quiet I thought I'd post that in May I lost a total of 5.6 lbs. Of course I'd like to be able to say it was twice that much, but logically I know if I were able to do that every month in a year's time that would be 60 lbs., which would make a major difference on my 5 foot 2 inch frame. I just have to keep on keepin' on ...

And speaking of keepin' on ... DH is scheduled to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. He's had one before, 14 years ago, and is in an absolute tizzy about the preparations. The fridge is full with two different flavors of jello and the big jug of "stuff" that he has to drink. By dinnertime tonight he's going to be in full whine mode. I may well end up going out to dinner by myself so he doesn't have to smell what I'm making for dinner. Part of me wants to go to my favorite Thai restaurant and have a lovely plate of Pad Thai but if I do that I'm going to spend the next week trying to get my weight back down to where it is today, so perhaps I'll go to Denny's and have their apple & chicken salad. Or perhaps I'll stay home with him and just have a couple apples ...

I'll spend part of today figuring out how to handle the challenge of spending tomorrow at the VA Hospital. They do have a cafeteria but it's hard to eat healthy there.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #221  

Quote:
Hard to believe it's June now and the year is almost half over.

Since this thread has been so quiet I thought I'd post that in May I lost a total of 5.6 lbs. Of course I'd like to be able to say it was twice that much, but logically I know if I were able to do that every month in a year's time that would be 60 lbs., which would make a major difference on my 5 foot 2 inch frame. I just have to keep on keepin' on ...

And speaking of keepin' on ... DH is scheduled to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. He's had one before, 14 years ago, and is in an absolute tizzy about the preparations. The fridge is full with two different flavors of jello and the big jug of "stuff" that he has to drink. By dinnertime tonight he's going to be in full whine mode. I may well end up going out to dinner by myself so he doesn't have to smell what I'm making for dinner. Part of me wants to go to my favorite Thai restaurant and have a lovely plate of Pad Thai but if I do that I'm going to spend the next week trying to get my weight back down to where it is today, so perhaps I'll go to Denny's and have their apple & chicken salad. Or perhaps I'll stay home with him and just have a couple apples ...

I'll spend part of today figuring out how to handle the challenge of spending tomorrow at the VA Hospital. They do have a cafeteria but it's hard to eat healthy there.
Ooh, or you could get tom yum or summer rolls at the Thai restaurant

Congrats on your weight loss last month!

I think I'm finally getting back in the mindset. I never really overeat and my meals are healthy, but that champagne creeps in and suddenly everyday is a celebration. This morning I poured out the 1/2 bottle I had in my fridge and my boyfriend and I discussed how he could help. We are very much after work cocktail/beer people, and I just can't get to my goal while we keep indulging. I maintain with the champagne because it typically puts me in a 1100-1200 range since my foods are so low.

Sooooo...day 1 again.

Last night we grilled some beef ribs (one was a homemade dry rub, the other an asian inspired marinade) and ate zucchini noodles with homemade sauce.

This morning I was so hungry that I ate my two egg muffins (40 cals each) and then made a runny egg! Lunch is spicy turkey picadillo and dinner will probably be something with the veggies I need to use soon: mushroom, cauliflower, broccoli, radishes. I'll probably do roasted broccoli and radishes with cauliflower/mushroom risotto.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #222  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Good for you, munchy. I am also a big fan of the after work drink, and a few months ago I finally made a rule for myself - completely sober Monday through Thursday. I am slowly cutting down on the weekends as well. Good luck with your change. It's tough but it will be worth it!

ladynredd nearly 6 pounds a month is amazing! You're right, it really adds up over the year even if it doesn't seem like much now. Good luck with tomorrow, for you and your husband

Those eggplant and white bean meatballs have been popping up all over the place...here, Pinterest, Facebook...now I feel like I have to make them! I think they would be great side-by-side with the veggie turkey meatballs I made (which the bf loved, woo!)

Tonight is taco night. I will probably have one taco in a tortilla, and the rest I'll eat over a bed of lettuce or maybe with zucchini noodles? I have some zucchini that needs to be used up.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Good for you, munchy. I am also a big fan of the after work drink, and a few months ago I finally made a rule for myself - completely sober Monday through Thursday. I am slowly cutting down on the weekends as well. Good luck with your change. It's tough but it will be worth it!
My plan WAS to just have one day per weekend and have a few, but I think I'm going to try a 30 day break. I just want to try to see if I can do it, and I'm sure it will have me dropping weight in no time, but I'm not really 100% that I will be able to do it.

With champagne out of the way, I have some really low calorie days coming up. I'm trying to increase them, but I'm not sure what to add. I'm thinking I may mix some dried cranberries and nuts to get a few hundred more calories at the end of my days. Then I'll start tweaking my menu to add more throughout the day.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #224  

I'm here, but cranky. Found out this morning that my email has been hacked AGAIN -- third time in as many months. I'm thinking I need to change email providers and I am exasperated at having to spend time on this chore.

Didn't make the best food choices yesterday and my weight is up as a result, so it's time to return to tracking my food and sticking to the straight and narrow. I've gotten sloppy about tracking my food and my weight loss has slowed down as a result.

I know this too will pass ...
Old 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #225  

Ladynredd that sucks! Hopefully you will get it all straightened up and also get back on the path. One day's choices is nothing

I finally weighed myself after avoiding the scale for about two months and I gained .4 lb (125.8). I never have a maintenance problem, it's just the losing part that I can't seem to get a handle on. I've not been drinking this week and it feels good. I actually notice my skin on my face most of all - it's not as dry and I don't need as much lotion slathered on just to look normal.

Anyway, usually weighing myself is the kick in the pants that I need, but we'll see. If I can just get to 115 I'll be happy, but that would be less than when I graduated from high school 14 years ago, so it may not happen...either way, I'm trucking along. I even bought myself a bunch of summer clothes to try not to feel so drab and down.