General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #151  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hi all! I survived Tax Time and stayed on track the whole time. I am really feeling this as a lifestyle change which is making it much easier now. My stress go-to is a pickle or vegetable instead of pasta (a humongous change for me!). My family enjoys the meals that I am making save for their protests in regard to the decrease in the amount of meat. I'm waiting until this Saturday before I do a WI. I skipped the WI last weekend because last week was so 'messy'. I am hoping that I am back, right where I need to be this week on my weightloss path.

Munchy: Whoo hoo! Happy for you that you are losing again!

Just made the carrot-peanut soup tonight. Switched out the peanut butter for PB2 and the Chinese chili paste for Thai red curry paste (I was out of Chinese). OMStars, it is absolutely de-lish! This will definitely be a staple in our home now for sure. Thanks!

houndlvr1: Welcome! Congratulations on your loss - that is an amazing accomplishement! I'm fairly new on the thread myself. Great people here and great advice/ideas. I'm also a WW.

Last edited by archychick; 04-16-2014 at 11:31 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by archychick View Post
Just made the carrot-peanut soup tonight. Switched out the peanut butter for PB2 and the Chinese chili paste for Thai red curry paste (I was out of Chinese). OMStars, it is absolutely de-lish! This will definitely be a staple in our home now
Awesome! The original recipe doesn't have chili paste or red curry paste, just cayenne powder, but I'm so glad you like it! It freezes very well if you feel inclined

I've been off for the past week and definitely ate more than I usually eat. I don't feel like I gained too much, but I skipped my last weigh in. Sadly, the one week I finally was off and had no child, I was sick in bed. I'm still feeling very run down, but I'm back on track.

Today's plan is:

B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), 1 egg white ham muffins (40), ½ hard boiled egg (35) = 105 (2.5)
S: 1 cup whole strawberries (50) = 50 (1)
L: Mesclun/spinach/cucumber salad with 2oz chicken, (80), 1T sunflower seeds (47), 2T light champagne vin (60) = 187 (4)
S: Baby carrots/cherry tomato (50) w/ light ranch (80) = 130 (2)
D: Turkey pumpkin chili (280), cilantro, scallion, jalapeno (5), 2T greek yogurt (16) = 301 (5.5)
S: 18g peanut butter (100), 2 square dark chocolate (40) = 140 (3)
TOTAL: 913 (18)
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Outbound flights = seat belt extender needed.
Return flights =seat belt extender not necessary,
SCORE!!!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #154  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Well, it seems that I have maybe passed a turning point in my weightloss/healthy life change. Regardless of what the day throws at me, I am not turning to food/drink to soothe me (and my office is directly across from the kitchen!). Even while cooking, I am no longer tasting unnecessarily (from where I think many of my extra pounds came). I am also volumizing without thinking now. The problem is that I'm constantly running out of vegetables. lol Feeling really great physically.

ladynredd: You lost weight on a cruise! Nice job!

Munchy: Ha! Like this stuff would last long enough in my home to freeze! lol Thanks though, it's good to know. I couldn't find your recipe, so I found a link to one similar I guess.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 AM   #155  

ladynredd that's great!!!!!!

archychick LOL - I make it just to freeze it in 1-cup portions to take to work, but there is always at least 1/2 cup that doesn't make it

Yesterday was a little off - I ended up eating a completely different dinner, but was only about 100 calories above my plan. I can't wait to feel better so that I can get back to the gym. I've been sick for almost 2 weeks. Maybe it's time to visit the doctor, especially because my daughter was complaining this morning that she didn't feel well either.
Today's plan:

April 22, 2014
B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), 2 egg white ham muffins (80) = 110 (2.5)
S: 1 cup whole strawberries (50) = 50 (1)
L: Kale/spinach/cucumber salad with 2oz chicken, (80), 1T sunflower seeds (47), 2T light champagne vin (60) = 187 (4)
D: 1 grilled chicken thigh (110), 1 cup primavera veggies (90), ½ cup rice (100) = 302 (5.5)
S: 18g peanut butter (100), 2 squares dark chocolate (40) = 140 (3)
TOTAL: 919 (18)
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #156  

Another day "off plan" but I just skipped the rice and night snack and had 2 thighs instead. It all worked out just fine.

We have so many extra thighs, so today's plan is:

April 23, 2014
S: ¾ cup pineapple = 55 (1)
L: Kale/spinach/cucumber salad with 2oz chicken, (80), 1T sunflower seeds (47), 2T light champagne vin (60) = 187 (4)
D: 1 chicken thigh (110), 4oz Asian stir fry veg no sauce (75), sriracha/stir fry sauce (50), ½ cup rice (100) = 335 (5)
S: 18g peanut butter (100), 2 squares dark chocolate (40) = 140 (3)
TOTAL: 957 (17.5)

I really should buy some kind of snacks - I do have popcorn, so maybe I'll have that instead. This bar of dark chocolate, however, is lasting me forever!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #157  

Last night I changed my entire dinner AGAIN. It was close, but I ended up not making any rice, but I was so under my cals that I made myself a corn/pepper taco and I my boyfriend got me a tiny bottle of prosecco (actually 3 little bottles)

Today is a little on the low side, but I really want to eat zoodles tonight. Maybe I'll eat a little wrap or some leftover chicken before it all goes bad. We made 4 different kinds of chicken this week!

April 24, 2014
S: ¾ cup pineapple = 55 (1)
D: Zoodles (30), ½ cup marinara (50), ½ oz Neufchatel (35), 10g Romano (40) = 155 (3)
S: Prosecco (160) = 160 (3)
TOTAL: 797 (15.5)
Old 04-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #158  

Nothing notable to report, but I don't want this thread to die. We got off the boat a week ago, jet lag is basically gone, and my weight loss continues. Yesterday I grocery shopped at a local store I don't usually patronize as their prices tend to be higher, but they did have a wider selection of fruits and vegetables, including some Green Giant Steamer selections that were new to me. I bought a few just to add variety to my regular rotation. They also have a much wider selection of the Progresso Light soups, which I've been having for an easy lunch (with added vegies) and I bought several different flavors.

I am so glad I found out about this way of eating and thinking about my food. It's simple enough I can do it without investing huge amts. of time and energy and, most importantly, it's working for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #159  

I fell off of the exercise wagon after getting sick. I just cannot peel myself out of bed at 4:30am lately, even though it's the best choice out of my entire day. I'm still under the weather (for 3 weeks now) and that could have a lot to do with it. I weighed myself FINALLY after avoiding the scale. I gained back 1lb. I feel like I have to make so much massive effort to get nowhere. Argh!

Anyway, I spoke with my daughter's doc yesterday and now I'm focusing on the little one's eating even more. We have always been a mainly unprocessed household. She is a good eater, but really very healthy. I'm concerned that her weight percentile is 95%, but the doctor didn't mention anything until I asked (not in front of the little one, of course). She said that it could very well be genetic or even the 1 weekend per month that she's with dad could undo all of our healthy eating habits.

It seems we're both doomed!
Old 05-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, Sorry for my absence.

I have been gone from 3FC for quite a while. On April 13th I got a terrible case of the chills. I was shaking head to toe from being cold and every part of my body was in pain. I put an electric blanket over me turned to the highest setting. That did no good so I placed a second electric blanket over the first one and put it on high also. I was still shivering uncontrollably so I put a regular blanket over the two electric blankets and I continued to shake with cold chills. Strangely my temperature was normal for me 97.6. About four hours later I changed to a hot flash and dumped all the blankets. The next morning I was back to uncontrollable chills and asked DW to drive me to an Urgent Care Clinic. After an exam the doctor said I had pneumonia, he gave me antibiotics and a prescription for an x-ray. I was called by a nurse at the urgent care clinic later that day and was told the x-ray showed I did not have pneumonia but it showed "Chronic Fibrotic Scarring Changes to my Left Lung Base" A quick search on the Mayo Clinic web site indicated this was probably Pulmonary Fibrosis. If so the prognosis is not good. My father died of this at 54. I made an appointment with a pulmonologist and he is sending me for a breathing test this Monday before making a diagnosis. At this point my mind is racing with possibilities.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #161  

Health problems are always challenging, Larry. I am sending healing thoughts your way and hope you will receive good news, or at least find out how best to manage this new development in your life.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #162  

I have a little challenge to face today. I am going to visit my son & his family & have been asked to arrive around 11:00 a.m. and to bring my own lunch as my grandson is teething and my D-I-L expects to have her hands full.

My first thought was, Oh, KFC! (I have to drive past 3 of them on the way.) Then I thought about the way the scale has been see-sawing up & down the last several days. I am really trying to get below 260, which seems to be a natural setpoint for me, and when I got on the scale this morning it showed a good loss. How much do I want that to continue?

So I have decided to drive right by the 3 KFC restaurants and instead stop by the Denny's Restaurant that I know is close by their house and order a half serving of their cranberry chicken salad. Even the half serving is enough to satisfy me, and I will feel better about myself for making good decisions.

I'm also starting a chuck roast in the crockpot before I leave home so I won't have a lot of cooking to do when I get home.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

ladynredd The Cranberry Salad sounds like a good choice to me. I am also eating lunch at Denny's today. I printed the nutrition info from Denny's web site and I will take it with me. I will decide while I am there what to eat.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #164  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Hi all, Sorry for my absence.

I have been gone from 3FC for quite a while. On April 13th I got a terrible case of the chills. I was shaking head to toe from being cold and every part of my body was in pain. I put an electric blanket over me turned to the highest setting. That did no good so I placed a second electric blanket over the first one and put it on high also. I was still shivering uncontrollably so I put a regular blanket over the two electric blankets and I continued to shake with cold chills. Strangely my temperature was normal for me 97.6. About four hours later I changed to a hot flash and dumped all the blankets. The next morning I was back to uncontrollable chills and asked DW to drive me to an Urgent Care Clinic. After an exam the doctor said I had pneumonia, he gave me antibiotics and a prescription for an x-ray. I was called by a nurse at the urgent care clinic later that day and was told the x-ray showed I did not have pneumonia but it showed "Chronic Fibrotic Scarring Changes to my Left Lung Base" A quick search on the Mayo Clinic web site indicated this was probably Pulmonary Fibrosis. If so the prognosis is not good. My father died of this at 54. I made an appointment with a pulmonologist and he is sending me for a breathing test this Monday before making a diagnosis. At this point my mind is racing with possibilities.
You don't know me, but I lurk here sometimes for ideas from Munchy and her fabulous recipes and to admire how well you guys do here I am so sorry to hear of the health problems, I wish you the best!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
You don't know me, but I lurk here sometimes for ideas from Munchy and her fabulous recipes and to admire how well you guys do here I am so sorry to hear of the health problems, I wish you the best!
Aww, I'm so flattered! I love to cook, what can I say?

Larry I hope everything is much better now - how scary!

I have been trucking along. I finally saw a doctor and it turns out that I have a bronchial infection and she put me on steroids. I'm going a mile a minute. The first day I took it was Saturday and she stressed eating with the meds. Unfortunately I made last minute plans to go to a holistic and healing festival and ended up splitting a vegan beet salad with my mom around 1. I wasn't sure if it was substantial enough to take the pills with, so I waited until I ate a cup of lentil soup around 5. The medicine had me up until 3am cooking, freezing meals, and cleaning my house. I hardly slept for the past few days, but I did do 5 loads of laundry

I feel so much better, but still VERY jittery. I want to go outside and run instead of being cooped up in my office!