General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 10:30 AM   #46  

Good Friday morning!

Well after last week(at the cottage) and not eating very healthy, I got my but in gear again on Monday. I have lost 5 pounds! I have been doing cardio everyday and eery other day strength training.
On Monday I have to have surgery on my other hand(I had one done 4 weeks ago) so for a week i will only be walking but hopefully i wokn't go too flabby in that week lol!
Hope everyone has a great weekend-its pouring down rain here this ;morning but its supposed to be beautiful all weekend -so i say let it rain!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #47  

Hello. Guess I started the weekend early. Got DH up and out the door at 5am, then I went back to bed. Slept until almost 9am! I don't do that very often, darn I feel guilty. The kids even slept in. Must be all this doom'n gloom rain, throw'n us into hibernation.

The spandex shelf bra tanks...After 2 babies, I do need the support...but I'm still not chesty. I wear them around the house mostly...even sleep in them. Throw a camp shirt over them to leave the house, wear'em under my shortalls. My gripe, the misses ones aren't quite long enough, the womens have too much fabric up top. Again...I'm stuck in the middle.
I need to get off the darn fence. Either lose 20 or gain 20. Then I'd be in a size catagory. No, I'm not gonna try to gain.

Jello, do they have birthday cake every Friday? Or is it once a month? Just think, it's only a couple ingredients off from being plastic. If you need to eat plastic, chew on a straw.
Does the company buy the cake? Someone should suggest a huge fruit tray/basket instead. Healthy employees wouldn't miss as much work.

Sounds like everyone has been little worker bees lately. I need to get bit by that bug.
I'm off to make a grocery list. The dreaded grocery store awaits.
later...
Old 07-11-2003, 11:30 AM   #48  

Good mornng everyone! Sounds like y'all are pretty busy at one thing or another.

Tig: If I could figure out a way to donate some boob to help you out some, I would do so gladly! I found out one thing, if you have stretch marks of any kind and you lose weight they get deeper! I look like some kind of grand prix race on my boobs and stomach and you could go to china in my bellybutton now! God, if I could get up on a soapbox to the whole world and warn them not to become obese! Unless you have big bucks and can afford cosmetic surgery, you have ruined the look of your body once you lose weight.

Sassy: Yeah for you! I too got on the scales this morning and am down 5 lbs. I have been really careless the last few weeks and am glad I am back on track. Way to go!

Cafe: I just get into a mood and go with the flow. I got up with dh this morning and went to the store and ran some errands early then cleaned the med closet, did my workout at the pool and am getting ready to clean my closet. I have to do it while the mood is still there! Besides, when you are home all the time, live in a condo and don't have children in the home any longer, it is BORING! Boredom leads me straight to the fridgy and those Hershey bars, M amd M's, whatever!

Jello: Don't give in! I am sure they made a flavor you hate anyway! Just think of all that work you have to do that won't get done if you are in the cafeteria eating cake! (I know I know bad example! )

SEMO: What a hamster cage...work to pay Visa, use Visa for fun, work to pay Visa.... Just don't work too hard!

Well, ladies, better get my hiney in gear and get done what I want to. Think I will go to the library today and see if they have any new books!

Faye
Old 07-11-2003, 03:07 PM   #49  
DNW

Talking I'm Going Back to School!!

Made up my mind to go back to school for nursing. So in the next few years Bob and I will be known as the "nursing couple"

Seriously, I thought about this for a while and I am tired of office work, although it pays me rather well. Thing is the economy is very flat for business and for nursing the salaries are skyrocketing for the the past several years and through 2010.

Additionally, I have the personality and temperment for it and it will guarantee me employment through my 60's. Promised Bob I would lose the extra 100 lbs. I am carrying around before I start nursing school. He is petrified that my heart and legs won't make it and so am I. This will be good motivation to lose. In any event I have to take some more math and some chemistry before I get admitted to the local nursing school so that puts my start date in the nursing program for next fall 2004.

I need to also have a way to give back, and make difference in people's lives, and I see how my husband's nursing has really made a difference in his patient's lives. Besides there is nothing else that appeals to me now, and I've come to realise that I will never be another Van Gogh, but that's OK because I am at peace with that.

Love & Kisses to All

Last edited by DNW; 07-11-2003 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:54 PM   #50  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, sharpen your number 2 pencils and pack your lunch box! DNW's going back to school! Congrats on the decision there, girlie! You sound so positive. I KNOW you'll make a great nurse. Hm, just wish you could do it sooner ... like in 2 weeks?? You could be MY nurse??? No, I guess that'd be asking a lot. Seriously though, congratulations on the new career path!

Well Faye. It wasn't a flavor that I hate. It was (gulp) chocolate with butter cream frosting. And the tiny, teeny, little, itty bitty piece (hardly more than a mouthful, I swear) that I had was delicious. But that was all I had and all I wanted/needed. Not feeling one bit guilty or deprived. Ahh, to be in control.

Tiger, I'm with Faye. I'll give you any "boobage" you want! Can't fit 'em into any of those great shelf bra styles. I'm sitting on the fence right next to you though. Too small for the smallest plus size (usually ) and too big for the largest "regular" size. What to do, what to do?

Sassy, congratulations on the weight loss! Send some of those vibes my way, would you?

Well, I have to go. The proposal that was to go out today has been given an extended deadline until Monday. Hm, wonder if that means they've all stopped working on it and will start up again on Monday afternoon? Probably.

Me, I've just been sitting here making a list of all the stuff I want to get done around the house before I go in for surgery. The list is long!

And I'm already tired.

But it's Friday afternoon and just about time for my second wind!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #51  

Jello, if second wind means an icy cold one than I'm ready too!

Sassy and Faye, congrats on your losses!

DNW - wow girly, when you get it together, you get IT together! Good for you for figuring out what you really want and getting down to business. That is the way to take charge and live!

Tiger and Jello - a friend and I were shopping about 3 years ago and said the same thing - we either need to lose weight or gain some. Somehow or other, I think we both made the wrong choice. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not pleased with the results! RUN, girls RUN!!!

~Cafe - who has had it with the workplace this week.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:15 PM   #52  

Everyone take a deep breath......... it is Friday evening and you have two whole days with no going to work!

I am jazzed (well sort of) because the top I bought just a couple months ago is getting too big, but I love it and it looks great on me so I hate it too!

We went to see Pirates of the Carribean this evening and it is a pretty good flick. Not academy award stuff, but entertaining and humorous. Johnny Depp can be pretty funny and he is cute even as an icky pirate. (he is a dead ringer for that Capt Morgan on that Rum bottle! )

DNW: I agree with dh about the bod. Carting an extra 100 lbs around walking the hospital floor could be murder not only on your heart but you feet and legs. When I was in college (didn't go until I was 38 for the first time), I worked evenings at this BBQ place to help pay for school and I only lasted about a month. I would come home at midnight and sit in scalding hot water until 2 or 3 am because my legs ached so bad I couldn't sleep and then got up at 5 am to catch the bus to go to the university everyday. It was murder and I sure wouldn't want you to go through that! The pain was awful.

You ladies have a great evening.

Faye
Old 07-12-2003, 09:30 AM   #53  

Hi Girls, working this morning. Once again everyone has great ambitions and all I want to do is be a princess and have servants waiting on me hand and foot……. Okay, snap out of it, snap out of it. Ahhhhhhhh only a dream! No really, I would quit work and stay at home from now on and be as happy as a clam.

DNW, I soooooooo admire you!! I still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up! One thing for sure is that I wouldn’t make a very good nurse. Oh sure, I can sympathize with you but don’t ask me to touch anything!

Faye, college at 38, alright I add you to my list of people to admire too! BTW, congrats on the top getting big on you.

Café & Tig, I straddled that same boat for the longest, to small for one size to big for the other. Just a few pounds off will make the difference.

For our Losers!!

Well if I'm going to get out of here by lunch I'd better get going. Have a funn filled weekend.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:00 AM   #54  

SEMO: Yes, I went to college for the first time at 38, but I HATE all new situations, so at the time dh was still in the Navy and teaching evening aviation electronics classes to boys just out of bootcamp and was free during the day so I talked him into coming to school with me like I was a kindergartener until I wasn't afraid anymore! Took me about a week and then I was ok! I was so afraid the young kids would make fun of me, but they were just the opposite! In fact, in my English class they were all clamoring to be my buddy because most of them could barely read! Sad Sad!

Well, I am cold so I need to get into the shower and warm myself up after my pool workout!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Faye
Old 07-12-2003, 11:09 AM   #55  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Just starting the weekend and reading about how" excess clutter in our houses drain our energy".... Faye, you should have lots of energy then!

I'm still in the pitch and organize and store stage. I'm determined that my basement will be clutter free before the end of summer.

Weighed in yesterday and I'm up on wt. again----may have something to do with the enormous appetite I've had lately... I'm hoping to change things this weekend with my grocery shopping for the lighter items.

Tiger: Glad you found some shorts that fit. Always makes you feel better. I have some spandex tops with the shelf bras---I like them---beats trying to wear strapless bras all the time!

Cafe: I wear mostly dress pants to work also. It beats pantyhose which I absolutely hate right now!

DNW: Nursing school? You've chosen the right path---there are nursing shortages in our area, also. WTG on being brave enough to try something different! Good Luck!

Semo: How you like all this hot weather, your highness? I don't know about you but I'm going swimming this afternoon! Beats sitting at home in air cond. or trying to work in the yard in the blistering heat! Saving my yardwork for the evening hours.

Sassysus and Faye: Congrats on the pounds down!

I'm ready for more vacation time! Do have a trip over next weekend planned so that will have to do...

Huntress: Hope everything is okay and you are just busy and having fun. Gotta be hot down there!

Take care all,

"Bright"
Old 07-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #56  
Long Lost Chickie

Hey!! Lookit me!!! I'm at home, sitting in the living room, posting on my brand new lap top using my brand new wireless internet connection!!! Oooooh. Ahhhh. Problem is the keyboard feels so different and actually has some keys in different places so I keep making mistakes. Oh yeah, like I'm such a great typist anyway.

Got this new toy so I could keep in touch with all of you while I'm stuck at home. See? You cannot escape me! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Faye, I have this mental image of DH walking you to school on your first day, holding your hand. How sweet of him!! I'm with you on trying new and scary stuff. Difference is that YOU DID IT!! Me, I'm still

Brighter, sorry the scale seems to be moving the wrong way temporarily. But you've got a great plan. Fill up the house with good-for-you stuff.

Oh I have to get to work now. Huh? Who said that!?!?! Uh, Jello, you're HOME you dummy!

Still, it's true. Stuff to do. Did go shopping this morning at the factory outlets. Found a pair of pants or two and several tops to mix and match them with. New shoes too! Now time to squeeze it all into my little closet. Then maybe some gardening ....

...or not...
Old 07-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #57  

Jello: Basically, that is what he did with me. Now here is something even funnier! I remember one thing he did with me several weeks into my psychology class. I knew we had a film about a behaviour method used called Pavlov's Dog. I begged dh to come to school with me that day and watch the film and whisper me stuff and I would try and take notes about it in the dark. We sat clear in the back of the auditorium, clear up at the top away from everyone so we could whisper and not disturb. WHY you ask? Simple, I have a big time rodent phobia and they were using mice in the experiment teaching them to find their food when a bell rang. EUWWWW I could not sit and watch them for one second let alone a 1 1/2 hour movie! Still makes me shiver thinking about it! God bless him, he helped earn me a B in that class! I only went 2 years and decided the experience was enough besides we were moving again and I didn't want to have to do the whole thing over with dh at a new school. I was after all 40 by this time, but I knew I would still need him to go with me and he would have a day job and not be able to as he had retired from the Navy. I was a Psych/Social Work major. I loved going to college and was thrilled to make Dean's list every semester. I didn't do that well in High School! Anyway, it was a wonderful experience at any age! I am glad I waited because I probably did better than I would have straight out of high school.

Pooped out on the cleaning today. Am pretty sore from the pool workout. That seems to happen when the pool water is lower. Dh said he would help me anyway so maybe we can get it all done tomorrow!

See ya!
Faye
Old 07-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #58  
Long Lost Chickie

Monday already. Blah. Boss must have worked late on Friday because he left me a bunch of "stuff" in my in-box. Ah well. Actually, on Friday afternoon, he actually said to me "Oh I don't know what I'm going to do without you for a month".

Huh? You talkin' to me? Well, shucks. Maybe he'll appreciate me more when I get back.

I have a dr's appt. on Thursday this week and then I scheduled an appt. with my hairdresser, just 'cuz. Oh am I milking this "pamper myself" thing or what.

Not much to say so I'm going to dive into this paperwork. I was terrible over the weekend. It's all a blur of pizza and ice cream and pasta and who knows what else. Time to regroup.

Bring on the water bottle!!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:01 AM   #59  

mOndAy Weekends go too fast.

Two birthday parties this weekend and I weighed in two pounds down this morning. 196. I'm still not making the best food choices, but eat'n less food overall. I'd really like to flip things around...eat a larger amount of healthy food.

Jello, a new laptop. I told DH when we FINISH the downstairs remodel, he can pick out a new pc. Dangle'n the carrot. Are you getting your hair colored again? I need to make appts for me and my boys. I still can't believe my boys color their hair.

Bright, where are you going next weekend? I need to plan a camping trip for my crew. Camping is full of exercise, so it would be a good thing. I'm thinking about the excess clutter reading (book or online?)...that may be my motivation today.

I've probably said it before....I think going to college later is the best. I went right out of HS...was too into the "scene"...not enough into the education. doh! I'd love to do it again.

Faye, do you remember Mac's Market on the corner of 6 & 31? I'm heading there to get sweetcorn. Got some great bi-colored corn there last week. Soak it in the husks, cook'd on the grill.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:01 AM   #60  

Good Morning to All. I'm glad that I worked Saturday, feels good to be caught up, for the moment anyway. All this talk about cleaning, organizing....... I still haven't finished my spring cleaning from five years ago!! I was on a roll there for a while, remember when I was doing the FlyLady thing, well I need to re-inlist. Makes me feel so much better when the house is neat and clean.

I ordered the Sugar Buster diet book, it may be what we are all looking for. Low carb and lower fat, I'll let you know after I read the book.

I'll be back later.
Closed Thread