General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #136  

Hey, gals!

Glad to hear you're all keepin' on - in spite of bad storms, layoffs and - dare I say it? Keebler elves sneaking things in the cupboards.

I've been busy lately - lots to catch up on this week, so I'm just going to duck and run... But I had to at least drop in and spread the love around a little more.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 AM   #137  

Back from the proverbial storm dead! We have not had cable/dsl since Tues evening so no posting and it drove me nuts! We have no pool so I have had to walk UGH and my hips are complaining big time about that.

Bright: Thank goodness you were back home before this storm hit! I have never seen anything like this. The ended up clocking it at at category 3 hurricane wind!

Jello: The name of the book is The Vanished Man. I am currently reading a true crime book about the famous murder in the 40's, the Black Dahlia. It is called, The Black Dahlia Avenger, and if you like true crime, pick it up. It is an excellent read. I saw the author on Larry King Live a couple months ago and he is a retired homicide detective for the LAPD police dept and he has solved the crime and the killer is a real shock! I know your hospital stay is looming close so know you are in our prayers, before, during and after!

Tiger: I think the "portapotties" would look great with plants and flowers in them. How many do you have? You could make a circle of them or line them up somehow. I think they would look cute!

I sure hope they open up the pool again soon! I miss it so much! I am going to be miserable this fall/winter without it!

Have a great day girls!

Faye
Old 07-25-2003, 09:40 AM   #138  

Hello,
Grocery day. I'm so tired of planning the meals and obviously I'm not very good at it. The kids go with me shopping and that makes it even worse. They are mesmerized by the latest junk food. PB in a tube, Apple Jacks with green carrots...ugh.

I did end up getting a lot of exercise yesterday working in the yard/pond. Good Bye Keebler Elves

Faye, I was wondering what was keeping you away. I go nuts when our internet connection is down. Cut off from the world.

off to make the dreaded list...
Old 07-25-2003, 09:57 AM   #139  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, Jello's last day at work and what happens? The main computer server goes kaboom. Can't get any work done and it's piling up in the in-box. Guess I should be concerned, eh? But hey, I can still access the internet so I'm good.

Speaking of which, our home internet access is still hit or miss even though Mr. Computer Whiz worked on it for hours last night. Grumble. Something wrong with it. Strange too because he can get it to work and then I try and blam! Must be my vibes???

BTW, it's the apocolypse!! It's the end of the world as we know it!! It's snowing in h*ll!!! The old *itch gave me flowers and a card this morning!!! Actually, I'm sure it was her little secretary's idea (they were from both of them) but still..... Very strange. Everyone who sees them asks who they're from and can't believe my answer when I tell them!

Faye, thanks for the book title. Have some last minute "supplies" to buy this weekend. I'll add that to the list, I think.

Tiger, lure those little elf guys out of the cabinets onto the counter and then !!!! BTW, thanks for the opportunity to use that new smilie!!

Talked to my friend who was laid off this morning. She sounds good and has decided to make the best of this. Changed the kids' daycare to part time instead of full time and they're going to spend some time just hanging by the pool and stuff. I'm not insanely jealous! Yeah, I'll be doing that too soon (I hope!) but look what I have to go through first! Not fair, I tell you. But she and I are going to meet up for lunch one day once I'm feeling better.

Well, I'm sure I'll find something in this mess that I can at least get started on so I guess I'd better get going. Don't want to have to stay too late. Bunch of errands to run tonight and I never did get those darned hockey sticks wrapped last night. Party's tomorrow and I told my sister I'd bring the fresh fruit salad. Still have to buy the fruit and then start slicing and dicing. Jello in the kitchen is not a pretty thing.

Later!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #140  

Quick, hi! The boss is on a rampage and if that isn't enough, I have to go over to his house this afternoon and help his daughter upload a paper to her professor though a program called Night Kitchen which doesn't accept Word files. Has to be done by midnight and she is not very good with computers.

At least the sun is shinning, I OP and life is good!
Old 07-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #141  
Long Lost Chickie

Only 2-1/2 hours to go and Jello's stress level is up up and away!! People keep stopping by to wish me luck and say goodbye. I've got flowers and plants and cards galore. This is all becoming a little too real ....

Been invited to go out after work with some coworkers but just don't know if I'll find the time. Maybe if I shuffle this and juggle that. I hate having to run around on all the little errands.

OK, done whining. Sorry. It's nice to know they care anyway. Well, except the old *itch. Still haven't figured that one out yet!

Gotta run. Another fax machine crisis....
Old 07-25-2003, 03:37 PM   #142  

Quiet Friday here on the forum! I'm hoping that, after a weekend, I will be organized and ready to rock and roll on my diet plan. Meanwhile I'm working hard to try to clear the desk so I can have a fresher start next week.

And now I let myself get distracted from finishing my post for almost an hour - so y'all have a great weekend!
Old 07-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #143  

Jello - don't let stress get the best of you! :
Old 07-25-2003, 04:17 PM   #144  

It's so pathetic, but getting groceries with the kids kicks my butt. I need a nap.

Jello, don't stress! And don't try to do too much.

This weekend, we have a family/friend gathering at my parents house. I'm taking cantalope and watermelon. I'll be trying NOT to get hit by a golfcart this time.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #145  
DNW

Hi All:

Very busy week at work and have beed staying on program for the better part so I have inched my way down to 255.5. Promise to start exercising again Monday to my Leslie Sansome tapes. That is if I don't turn my ankle over again for the third time. How bizzare...I have never done that to my ankle in my life and then 2 times in 4 weeks...am I an idiot or what?????????

Jello: Been thinking you all weekend...hope you got lots of good drugs for post-op!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Smoochies to the rest of you!!!
Old 07-26-2003, 07:54 PM   #146  
Long Lost Chickie

Just back from a picnic/party at my sister's house. Picture a picnic table collapsing under the weight of tons of food including a full sheet cake and 5 different flavors of ice cream. Help!!!

The only good news is that I probably won't eat again for days!!

Took my mind off "stuff" for a while anyway....

Darn low battery message just came up on my laptop. Gotta go recharge. Later!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #147  

Looks like we were totally quiet over the weekend! Everyone is busy I guess!

Jello: We are all really thinking and praying hard for you now! You are going to come through this fine and then feel a whole lot better!

Looks like I get the dgs on Friday so I am gonna have to rest up! lol My sil is coming over this weekend and trim my branches on my tree, which should be interesting. They really need to be done, but he is not a professional so I may end up with a tree that looks nutty, but oh well, it is FREE!

It was quiet around here this weekend. We just hung out at the house. I have been reading up a storm and finished another book that was really funny. Has anyone ever read anything by Janet Evanovich? I like Olivia Goldsmith too. She wrote the First Wives Club that they made the movie about. I have read several of her books and they are hilarious.

Just wanted to check in so I am going to go and make the bed and get ready to go to the pool. I am having lunch with dd today which is always fun.....

Faye
Old 07-28-2003, 10:04 AM   #148  

Hello Everyone!
I'm still maintaining. I made wrong choices over the weekend, but didn't go hog wild. I'm gearing up for the kids return to school Aug 18th. First grade for my youngest. All day school!! For me, that means exercise in the mornings and eat'n what I want during the day w/o being influenced. And, grocery shopping w/o the kids! No more begging for junk! I'm really hoping this change in my rountine is going to give me the boost I need.

I saw the Atkins journal for sale at Meijer...almost bought it. There's something appealing about having an organized journal. Wondering if I should give it a 2nd try...

The family gathering was nice even though it rained. Cooked on the grill in the garage and kids played outside with huge golf umbrellas. Got Dad a couple ND shirts and a frame filled with pics of my boys for his bday. The pics were sepia prints. Everyone thought they were really cool.

DNW, glad you are back on track. Sorry about your ankle. I used to twist mine all the time. No fun. Haven't done it in a long time. *knock on wood*

I'm way behind this morning. After 9am and I haven't made beds yet. Bad maid. Bad.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:30 AM   #149  

Happy Monday, Everyone!

Ya know, when I come back to my work and my routine on Mondays I always wonder which one is really the twilight zone - the weekends or the weekdays?? Somehow, ne'er the twain shall meet. I always feel like one or the other is not real on Mondays because ???

Anyway - Congrats to DNW on the loss! Atta girl - slow & steady wins the race.

Faye - I *have* read Janet Evanovich - did you get your hands on her new hardcover? I agree she's hilarious - laugh out loud funny. I read all 8 books one right after another last summer around the time I was helping my sister move west. I like mysteries but I do not like a lot of sex or gore mixed in there so I usually stick with historical "period" mystery authors like Anne Perry, Bruce Alexander, Lindsey Davis... Good books that engage me without challenging my morals, LOL.

Jello - sounds like a silly movie - picnic table busting. Nice to see you're up and running @ home.

Tig - hooray for school! My sis couldn't take the grocery store scene either - opted for online grocery order/deliver service and said it was not more expensive? But you probably don't have that where you're at, yet... (sorry).

Gotta run, I'm slow starting this a.m. but now I need to complete some actual work.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:53 PM   #150  

Jello - You're in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Gma2One - If you like funny books, try "Standing in the Rainbow" by Fannie Flag - great reading. She's the one that did "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe." I also like the Joan Hess mysteries - they are funny, too.

Boss leaves for Madrid tomorrow - another 2 weeks of vacation for him and long days for me. I told him when he gets back, it's my turn and don't call me once while I'm off.
Closed Thread