General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:34 AM   #31  

Jello, Laughing, you Silly.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:08 PM   #32  
DNW

Wink Sometimes I Surpise My Old Self!!

Hi everyone!!

I am starting to get homey and nesty again. I have a 36 x 52 table next to my fridge that I just recovered with a thin bed throw with a quilt pattern that I was going to toss and decided to use and it now makes the table a nice accent piece that I have my canisters, cookbooks, blender, assortment of salt and pepper shakers and jars of all sorts with anything you can think of in them. I used velcro to attach the quilt to the table and will finish the cover tonight. Who knew!!!

Faye: I am in my mid-fifties and dread the day I have to look for a job again...there is definitely job descrimination with regard to age! I work as an executive secretary and make a decent salary for the Northern NJ area but my company is always slicing and dicing so someday soon I will be in the same boat as you and I don't think it's going to be easy for me either. Good luck.

Jello: When is the surgery now...I can't remember from day to day what's going on anymore...early dementia I think....DUH!!!!

Semo: You are a riot about the M&Ms and you sound like you are back to your old self...I am down to 257 again and will start walking with old Leslie Sansome next week...my right foot still is painful after 1 1/2 weeks of ice and rest...but the doctor said it was a major internal bruising..guess I have to really keep my eyes open when I start walking again...even if it's only the living room

Tiger: Glad you are not in the middle of that flooding up by you..stay safe.

Hi to Cafe, Brighter, Quilter (wherever you are), Huntress, and the long lost Tiffany!!

Smoochies!!

Last edited by DNW; 07-09-2003 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:03 PM   #33  

Well, I have to say if my butt were an M&M...

That would be 2 gaZONGa M&Ms... Or maybe it's just ripple-y like the M&Ms that I may or may not have eaten in a previous life are sitting down there? (cause I NEVER would eat any now now, HA!)

Seriously, this must be a WHEN CHOCOLATE ATTACKS day because somehow a Heath bar ended up in my purse. Maybe someone was trying to steal it and got the wrong bag?? I don't think so.

OK well things are better today except that I'm tired and a little punchy after using up so much adrenalin yesterday. I was a big slacker this morning, too, so now I have to work up the motivation to get my work done this afternoon.

Anyone got any motivation ideas?

~Cafe
Old 07-09-2003, 02:35 PM   #34  

Afternoon ladies!

Cafe: I am OCD so I am definitely not the one to talk to about motivation. I am so overly motivated I drive my poor dh nuts! I cannot sit down and watch one television program all the way through without hopping up and down. I have a problem with commercials (see them as wasted time so I hop up to do something while they are on, then decide, what the **** I have already started whatever it was so I will go ahead and finish it and end up not even seeing the rest of the show!) I work hard to compensate for it, but am not too successful a lot of the time! Now you can see why you never hear me say I didn't exercise. I feel compelled to do it no matter what! I know, I know, I should weigh about 98 lbs! As for chocolate, IT LIKE BRAS, was created by a man so it is EVIL! I cannot live without it! I am not an freak like those who shall remain nameless, but woohoo give me a good ole Hershey bar and I am happier than a pig in slop. (I just have to keep these good ole boys down here happy with those colloquialisms from time to time! )

DNW: My poor sister, who is 58, is the bread winner for her and her husband (he has MS) and is currently in a job with her school system that pays poorly, but she desperately needs the insurance available. So, I guess I should count my lucky stars because I don't HAVE to work. It just really frosts my cookies, oops forgot the group I was talking too, uummmmm, it just really flames my buns, that because I am near 50 I must either be senile, greedy, or stupid, take your pick. I just have to accept it and keep trying and not get down about it.

Semo: oooh, sweety don't feel dumped! You still have us! Well, we are better than NOTHIN'!!

Jello: I keep seeing that commercial where the girl had two big cinnamon buns attached to her #$% getting off the subway. You must be a sight with a red tush and a big M on each cheek! Actually, you were a very good girl to only have uh, 10 was it?

Tiger: Good luck with the shorts. Bet the boys will be thrilled! I know how much T hates to shop! His mom always drags me with her because I play with him so she can shop. Both of best worlds! I get to spend time with him and she gets her shopping done. I am a bad ole Nonny though. I race through the store with him in the basket and buy him junk food and presents he definitely doesn't need!

Got my upstairs cleaned today and am going to Lowes tonight and get some more clips for my kitchen cupboard shelves. I have those darn plastic things that break pretty easy. I am in the clean and repair mode so I have to take advantage of it.

Everybody have a good afternoon and watch out for wayward . Never know when they will attack!

Faye
Old 07-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #35  

Howdy!
Short shopping sucked. Target didn't have diddle. I tried some on at Kmart that looked terrible. Did buy an above the knee denim skirt at Goodwill. It's kinda trendy looking and will look good with tanks and tees.
I also got birthday gifts for 2 little girl parties this weekend. One Saturday and one Sunday. Since I have 2 boys, buying little girl stuff for a change is fun.

I've missed lunch and I'm totally starved. This is when the demons usually strike. I'm going to eat some watermelon while I make a plan...

DNW, your nest sounds delightful.

Old 07-09-2003, 07:51 PM   #36  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Off vacation and back to work in full force!

Have this strange craving for chocolate after reading all the last posts....????

It'a been hot and muggy here and supposed to rain tomorrow.

I'll check in later....

Bright
Old 07-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #37  
Long Lost Chickie

Brighter, picturing melted squishy butts makes you crave chocolate? Hmm.... interesting.

Just kidding! Don't hurt me!

Faye, yes actually I was very good. Um, OK, maybe it was 12 or so but still better than eating a whole 1-pound bag in one sitting. Blah. Just the thought's making me a little sick.

Actually, yesterday someone gave me a double-stuff oreo. I tried it. Hm. It was .... OK. I sorta liked the chocolate cookie part better than the extra cream.

Tiger, sorry you didn't have better luck with the shorts. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel. Have you tried Walmart? They usually have a better selection than other stores around here. Especially for us gals with "real" bodies!

BTW, Faye, I live in eastern PA. Within reeeeeaaalllll close driving distance of Hershey, PA. It's a great little town with Hershey kiss shaped street lights and the whole town literally smells like chocolate. Very tempting..... I toured the plant as a kid and they have these HUGE vats of melted chocolate being mixed with huge mixers. All that liquid, oozing, smooth chocolate sorta like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Good thing it's behind glass or folks might be diving on in.

Not me, of course....

Cafe, how's the motivation now? If you've found some, send it my way? .... And that heath bar too...?

DNW, July 29 is the surgery date. I'm not totally stressed just yet...

Well, boss is lurking. Have to go. Later!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:22 AM   #38  

EWW, squishy chocolate butts. That should keep me away from chocolate for the rest of the day.

I'm gonna look for shorts again today. Walmart and JCP on the list of spots to hit. My towns JCP is small, so not much selection. Being between misses and womens sizes makes it hard. And, being between "styles". I surely don't want young thang hot pants, but some "style" would be nice.
With two parties this weekend, it would be nice to have something to wear.

Right now, I'm heading out to look for big field rocks. After all the rain, they are peaking out of my mounds of dirt from the pond digging mess. Walking, bending, lifting, lug'n rocks. Sounds like exercise to me.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #39  

Tiger: I don't know what your time frame is, but I have ordered stuff on line and been really happy. Chadwicks has cute stuff that would fit you. I have bought some of their stuff and it fit me fine and I have a HUGE BUTT! I also bought some adorable knit capris (though I know you are looking for shorts!) for $11 at the Jessica London online store. Lane Bryant, Roamans, Chadwicks and Jessica London are all owned by Brylane up yonder where you are btw. I just found that out recently when I ordered from both Jessica London and Chadwicks and they had my online info on both before I had even put it into the second one.

Jello: I would have to kill myself if I lived close to Hershey! That is like an alchoholic living in Milwaukee or a compulsive gambler in Vegas! I saw one of the travel channel shows about Hershey and saw where the hotel has Chocolate SOUP! I had to turn it off! I really do loveeeeee chocolate anything except when mixed with coffee. I HATE coffee as much as I love chocolate.

I went out to the pool after a quick rain downpour, got half my routine done and here it came again, but it wasn't thundering or lightening so I stuck it out and did the whole thing. It is tougher though when it is raining hard enough to make waves in the pool. Gives you quite a bit of resistance! My towel was under a table umbrella but fat lot of good that did so I just walked across the grass to the condo and dripped right into the house!

I am making headway on my kitchen, though getting those stupid clips/pegs out of the cupboards has been a trial and where some of them had fallen out, they had also broken off so I had to move the shelves up one, which of course screwed everything up so I basically rearranged everything. the brass ones work a lot better than the crappy plastic ones that came with the condo when we bought it. I am also tossing stuff and feeling very satisfied with it all! My dh is going to have a cow because I have rearranged where stuff is in some of the cupboards, but he will just have to get used to it! (I actually have a cooking and cleaning dh girls!)

Well, I need to get a shower and go back to working downstairs. I still want to get it cleaned and finish up with the "spring" cleaning.

Faye
Old 07-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #40  

Woohoo! 2 pair of shorts! Walmart. Size 18. I also snag'd a couple more of those spandex tank tops with the shelf bra. I just love those things. Now, fingers crossed that the shorts wash up ok. Dont ya just hate it when ya wash something and the zipper decides to stick out, or the pocket doesnt lay right? That always happens to me.

Faye, I'm not real good ordering clothes online. I really like to try stuff on first. I do order from JCP. It's easy to take things back to their stores, don't have to mess with shipping. Good job getting your workout done, even in the rain!

I got a little workout with the rock hunt. Then, the boys talked me into taking a swim in the pond. It's just not real good for swim'n yet. The bottom is too bumpy and squishy....like a big chocolate butt!

I'm going to go try on my new shorts with some old shirts, see if I can come up with a snazy outfit. Nice how a couple new items can bring life to the old stuff. Thought...umm, why some old men like young girls....
Old 07-10-2003, 04:27 PM   #41  
Long Lost Chickie

M&M's at the bottom of Tiger's pond! Let's go diving!!!

No, I'm not making much sense today. So what of it? I'm tired and I wanna' go home. Big proposal due to go out tomorrow and they just started it this afternoon. Well, you big boys work it out and give it to me to type tomorrow morning. No sweat. I am woman, hear me roar.

Anyway, congrats on finding shorts Tiger! I love Walmart. Not so sure about those tops with the shelf bras though. Are they "supportive"? Maybe I'll have to try one.

Darn! Big boys are back. Later!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:44 PM   #42  

Ummm, I have thoughts of something other than walking on chocolate! EUWWWW! I was just telling dh a couple days ago when we were in the pool that I have no fear of water at all as long as I can see through the water and see what I am walking on so ponds, ocean, and lake are OUT for me! Makes me gag just to think about it!

Tig: Glad you found some clothes. I would need an industrial size "shelf" so I doubt those tanks would work for me! Besides, I do NOT wear sleeveless. Besides, having huge arms, they now are huge, fat gone out and skin sag big time arms so they don't look too hot!

Jello: You seem to always have some kind of thingy going on at work! Stress, stress , stress! Not good for you!

Looks like I may get to keep my grandson a few days a week starting in August. My dd just got hired for a new job and she starts training on Monday. His other grandma will keep him until school starts here then she works as a teacher's aide. I told her I would be glad to as long as I didn't have a job by then. Maybe this is what I need to get the job fairies in gear; something else to take up my time!

I am going to rest up this evening, cause I kicked butt in the house! I got the cabinets done, the other ones cleaned out and rearranged, cleaned out my cookbook mess, cleaned the linen closet, cleaned out and rearranged the drawers in my bedroom, cleaned the downstairs, did the laundry and put it away, cleaned out and trashed my old craft stuff and fixed dinner and cleaned it up! I am ON A ROLL! Now, I am pooped! I wanted to do some more cleaning, but it is going to have to wait until the weekend. I need a pair of big strong arms with a LONGGGGGGG reach!

Have a great night ladies!

Faye
Old 07-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #43  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF!!! And no old *itch today. You know it's really amazing (and somewhat sad really) that as soon as just about every single person in the company finds out that she's not coming in, they all cheer or smile or feel like a weight's been lifted. Yes, she is really that hated. Personally, much as she continues to harrass me and tries to make my life as miserable as hers obviously is, I can't help but feel so sorry for her. What a horrible life she must lead to be so miserable and nasty all the time.....

And yet, I'm absolutely dancing because she's not here!!!

Yes, Faye, lots of stress around here. The company's doing ... OK ... but money worries abound. Management is trying their best and of course all of us peons in the trenches are working our little hearts out but we're a small company and it's a big scary world. I've thought about looking for something new for quite some time. Currently, it's a matter of letting other people in my life know that if something came along, to keep me in mind, you know. I'm ready for a change but just hate the idea of interviewing and job-seeking, etc. Guess you understand.

OK, enough of all that. For now, I have a job and continue to thrive on the madness of last-minute proposals and the crush of getting stuff done quickly and correctly. I'm handling it OK. Haven't been doing a lot of stress eating like I would have years ago. Yay for me on that front.

Having said that, there's birthday cake this afternoon in the cafeteria. I will prevail!!! "None for me thanks." "None for me thanks." "None for me thanks." My new mantra. Geez, it's not even that great a cake!

Road trip tomorrow to a warehouse store about 2 hours away to buy windows. I told Rich I'd go along if we can stop at the factory outlets on the way home. Seems fair to me. I desperately need dress pants for work and dread the thought of trying them on/trying to find them. But after Tiger's shorts-shopping success, I'm feeling brave! Thanks Tiger!

And speaking of brave, gotta get back to this big ol' proposal. Oh the things I do for my little ol' paycheck....

Have a good one!!
Old 07-11-2003, 09:52 AM   #44  

Hi Girls, Happy Friday Dance!

I'm still playing catch up from my mini vacation. Danged if it was worth it, I'm sure I'll be here a half day tomorrow too. Ahhhhhh, Visa, I hope you appreciate me working so hard. If I could only make what I've been making the last couple of months and work only 40 hrs per week, I'D BE RICH! Or at least have a little something left over at the end of the month.

No time for shout outs, you girls have a great weekend.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #45  

Morning all - this has been a HUGE week as far as projects go at work. Busy, Busy and more faster. But heck, I'm here.

Jello - I've been on a kick of wearing dress pants for work ever since we went business casual. At first, I started wearing all my casual clothes, but then I felt TOO casual. I've discovered I can wear almost any top with a decent pair of dress pants. At first my strategy was quality, buy it on sale and keep it. Lately though, I've found some inexpensive, stretchy but professional looking and NOT elastic waist dress pants at Lane Bryant - with the coupons/sales I was able to buy new pants cheaper than I could have replaced the lining where it was worn out in the butt in my nicer pants. They are super comfortable.

I tend to be more formal in the wintertime, so I'm not sure if these man-made material throw it in the washer and by the way it's perma-press pants are going to work for me long term - but right now I love them. How long does anything last anyway? I do think that quality fibers make you feel better but... right now I'm on a kick, and being on a limited budget it's really fun to have all new pants even if they're temporary.

Tig - I'm so happy for you and your successful shorts shopping! Shorts are out of the question for me at this time.

Faye - Wow ! Just reading everything you did makes me tired, LOL. But I suppose if I was home looking at it, maybe it would move me too.

Hi, Bright! Congrats on your losses - well done!

DNW - I have experienced "nesty" but usually it passes VERY quickly. It *IS* nice to get things spiffed up around the house and enjoy them.

SEMO - my buddy is probably posting right now...

to everyone I missed! Boss man is back.
Closed Thread