General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #436  

Height: 5'2"

Smile Getting back on track

Thank you all for the kudos.

I have been offline for a bit dealing with Internet issues. Sadly I have also been off plan for a while too. Picking and snacking here and there, nighttime eating, not drinking enough water, splurging during my niece's wedding and another niece's birthday party (pizza and birthday cake), and not journaling.

Today I have stopped all the bad behaviors. I am on track with a truthful & on track diary journal in front of me.

I am so close to my goal, I have to wonder why I don't want to see it through. Self defeatist? Boredom? Afraid to succeed? Deprived? Tired of dieting? Certainly, it feels good to wear a smaller size, but the adage, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels isn't always true. Lately the cheats especially the pizza were more important than attaining my goal. Certainly a lot to ponder and research. I need tips and tricks on how to keep motivated and not fall into the same traps that made me round.

As for restaurant grab n gos...I find QWLC advertisements to be a bit deceptive in their statement that participants can eat real restaurant food. It's difficult to find a restaurant that serves a meal that is on plan. Sure most will grill a chicken breast and throw a salad together, but to eat from a menu is difficult. It's even more difficult to find something on the vegetarian plan.

So far, we have found the following:

Field of Greens will put together an awesome salad-but be warned there's a lot of tempting cheats on the bar.

Too Jays Deli has a citrus chicken platter that's on plan if you ask them to leave off the sauce.

Wishing everyone an on plan day tomorrow.

TTFN
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 257/207/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedVeggie View Post
I am so close to my goal, I have to wonder why I don't want to see it through. Self defeatist? Boredom? Afraid to succeed? Deprived? Tired of dieting? Certainly, it feels good to wear a smaller size, but the adage, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels isn't always true. Lately the cheats especially the pizza were more important than attaining my goal. Certainly a lot to ponder and research. I need tips and tricks on how to keep motivated and not fall into the same traps that made me round.
I too have the same issues. I don't know why I sabatoge myself. I will be doing great and then just for some reason go off plan. I don't know if it is because I am afraid of being thin again, or if I am afraid of how life might change once I reach goal.

I lost 65 pounds and still have a LONG way to go, and things have already changed alot. It is scary, but good.

I got pretty defensive when people noticed I had lost a lot in a short amount of time. Many said it was unhealthy and I let their words stop me. I see nothing unhealthy about this plan. So sometimes I get overwhelmed and just struggle with it all.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #438  

JoeFla70- thanks for the suggestions. I am about 45 min from ATL but will have to check that place out next time I am in the area.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #439  

So yesterday I was 100% on plan and made it to the GYM. I have been doing much better with getting some exercise in.

DH actually told me I am looking a little slimmer and my clothing is a little loose even though the scale has not moved for two weeks.

My plan is to stay on plan 100% and hope the scale begins to move downward again.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #440  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4ga View Post
JoeFla70- thanks for the suggestions. I am about 45 min from ATL but will have to check that place out next time I am in the area.
Its fast food latin / caribbean. Chicken, rice, beans, yucca, plantains, etc. We have them everywhere in South Florida so its convenient to get my lean protein whenever I am out and about.

This morning I was down to 295. After a few weeks of stagnating, the scale is finally moving in the right direction again!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #441  
vdshelton

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'9"

Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #442  
QWLC Member

S/C/G: 219/166/150

Height: 5'8"

I noticed that you joined Jan 2013 - and your progress shows that you've lost 50 lbs. Did you do that since January or did you start earlier?

Quote:
So it has been a long two weeks. I am doing a little better and am getting back into the swing of things.

I never really realized that I carry the pain and stress of other people so much. This time I did much better. I was able to recoginze stress eating and stop before I started. Things are calming down now and I am back on track with everything.

I dropped only one pound this past week, but I will TAKE it. I am now down 11 pounds for the year which is almost back to my pre-surgery weight and then I can begin again on the permanat loss.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #443  
QWLC Member

S/C/G: 219/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Timing of food intake

I'm doing a good job of sticking to the food list. TIMING is proving to be a challenge since I tend to start my meals late and then rush to get everything in before the day is over. The center consultants want me to journal WHEN I eat so they can advise me on spreading it out appropriately.

I already know that's a better way to keep my metabolism fueled, but just keeping the diary is enough of a challenge for me. Perversely, the more they want me to journal or diary, the more difficult I find it to do. I know, I'm being childish here - it's not one of my more attractive traits.

And I know that I'm only punishing myself. In fact, the accountability of answering to someone else was my impetus in signing up and paying for QWLC support (sometimes known as nagging) instead of policing myself in the first place.

Okay, just using the forum to vent. Sorry. Need to get a grip since still have a long way to go!

Last edited by ljwc; 02-28-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwc View Post
I noticed that you joined Jan 2013 - and your progress shows that you've lost 50 lbs. Did you do that since January or did you start earlier?
I started earlier, I just found this site in Jan. It took me about six months to drop the 50 lbs. I then went off plan due to the stress of my husbands motorcycle accident. I am trying now to get back on track so that I can drop the remaining pounds I need to drop.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #445  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljwc View Post
I'm doing a good job of sticking to the food list. TIMING is proving to be a challenge since I tend to start my meals late and then rush to get everything in before the day is over. The center consultants want me to journal WHEN I eat so they can advise me on spreading it out appropriately.

I already know that's a better way to keep my metabolism fueled, but just keeping the diary is enough of a challenge for me. Perversely, the more they want me to journal or diary, the more difficult I find it to do. I know, I'm being childish here - it's not one of my more attractive traits.

And I know that I'm only punishing myself. In fact, the accountability of answering to someone else was my impetus in signing up and paying for QWLC support (sometimes known as nagging) instead of policing myself in the first place.

Okay, just using the forum to vent. Sorry. Need to get a grip since still have a long way to go!
How late do you get your start? I make an effort to have something first thing in the morning, even though I used to never eat breakfast. Sometimes I just microwave a scrambled egg or drink a protein shake as I am getting in my car to go to work.

I don't journal either, but I have in the past. If you do it now, you'll find later that you might not need to do it anymore. As long as the weight is coming off, I don't bother. But if I stall, its usually because I take a few more liberties with what and how much I am eating, and to correct that I will pay more attention to those things to get back on track. (I still don't journal though!

About accountability, I know what you mean because I've done that too. Unfortunately, in the past I got burned with places like LA Weight Loss going out of business, so I will NEVER pay money up front to sign up for a weight loss center. This time I decided that I wanted to try to do it on my own. In the past I was never ready to do that. I don't know why, but this time I have been able to do it. I guess you just have to be ready. Personally, I think its better for me because if I relied on the guilt - or whatever you call the accountability of going to a weight loss center to see a counselor, I would be worried what would happen once I was no longer going to the weight loss center. In the past, when I stopped going, I got off-track and my weight relapsed. I still fear that happening, and I think that is a healthy fear that keeps me on track. But so far, so good. Today marks the beginning of my 8th month on my weight loss plan and I am *knocking on wood* just as committed to as the day I started. The bottom line is that everybody has to figure out what works for them and stick with it. I am just glad that I found what works for me.

Last edited by joefla70; 03-01-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #446  

It has been a busy week. I hope you all have been doing well and keeping up with your plan.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #447  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
This time I decided that I wanted to try to do it on my own. In the past I was never ready to do that. I don't know why, but this time I have been able to do it. I guess you just have to be ready.
I 100% agree with this statement. Nothing will help, no plan or weight loss counselor or anything will help until you are READY.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #448  
Joe

Quote:
I 100% agree with this statement. Nothing will help, no plan or weight loss counselor or anything will help until you are READY.
In my experience, going to weight loss centers helped for a little while, because the "accountability" (the shame I would feel if I went in and did not lose weight) would keep my on track - for a little while. But it wouldn't take long for that to stop being effective. At some point I would stop going to the weight loss center and *poof* --- all the accountability was suddenly gone. I realize now that I am the only one to whom I must account. If I don't do this for myself, why would I do it because I am afraid of the embarrassment and shame I would feel if I went to a weight loss center and did not show improvement.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 236/213/165

Height: 5'3

Does anyone know where I can get the QWLC supplements: shakes and bars for cheaper?.... I can't justify the price!!!!!!! 7 packets for $17.00 !????!!!!!! H-E-L-P!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 236/213/165

Height: 5'3

Question QWLC SUPPLEMENTS: Shakes & Bars

I recently joined QWLC and I read some where here about cheaper supplements? but I am not able to find the post??? The box of 7 bars or shakes is $17.00 which I cannot justify the price. Anybody here doing the QWLC program knows of an alternative or where I am able to buy the supplements cheaper?
Closed Thread