General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 257/207/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg0518 View Post
I do have a two quick question.

If memory serves me correctly, you can workout but they do not want you to lift weights?

Is it two small oranges or one orange during prep?
The sheet I got last week said "1/2 orange 2 times per day. The lady at the center said it should be medium orange.

They have also changed views on exercise. When I was going 3 times a week in 2010-11 they always told me DO NOT EXERCISE. This is one reason I had a hard time with the program. It just did not seem right. Now everytime I go in they ask about my physical activity and encouarge me to keep up the exercise. I am not sure about weight lifting.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 179.8/ /145

Height: 5'4"

Talking New Year, New Me, New here...

Hello All...
I've been reading through the posts and found some helpful info. I just joined a few days ago. I am finishing up Prep phase and going in for nutritional counseling tomorrow. I am all in on this diet. I have 35.8lbs. to lose. I should be at my goal by the beginning of April, God willing. I joined the Platimum member and bought everything, like I said all in!

I enjoy the lemon lime quick boost, that's good.
I have a couple questions...
do they change your food around often?
Can I exercise?
What foods are your favorites?
Any good recipes?
Old 01-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Lose View Post
Hello All...

I have a couple questions...
do they change your food around often?
Can I exercise?
What foods are your favorites?
Any good recipes?
In my experience the changing around of food depends on how much weight you need to drop and your over all goals. The induction diet is only done during the 1st few days and is hardly ever visited again.

When I did this two years ago I was on Plan 4 for about 8 weeks (dropped about 50 pounds) taking me just under 200 pounds. Once I dropped to less than 200 they put me on Plan 3. I am not sure when I would have moved to Plan 2 since life happened and I stopped doing the plan. I hope to be back on Plan 3 in just a couple of weeks and continue moving forward.

In 2010-2011 they always told me NOT to exercise, but now they are encouraging exercise. I am a member at Curves and go 3 days a week and walk 3 days a week.

As for favorite foods, we just do plain and simple mostly due to my work schedule.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 179.8/ /145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks! Will see what I find out tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 193/193/160

Height: 5'9

Thank you for the info jp.....

I am glad I found this site....I will be doing the plan on my own; I am hoping it will provide me with support (from the posts I have seen I am confident it will). I am lucky to exercise at a club that the members are supportive and hold you accountable (in a fun way-by sending messages or texts if they havent seen you in a cpl of days).
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #366  

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg0518 View Post
I do have a two quick question.

If memory serves me correctly, you can workout but they do not want you to lift weights?

Is it two small oranges or one orange during prep?
With regard to your questions about weightlifting while on the plan, my QWLC counselors suggested cardio workouts only. However, I chose not to follow that advice because I am a gym nut and did not want to give it up.

I believe that I am reaping major benefits by sticking with my workout routine while on plan.

1. My upper body is tone and I am strong enough to do 45 push ups.

2. My lower body is getting tone... there's definition in my rear and upper thighs.

3. As I progress, my entire body is shrinking and I have minimal loose skin-a bikini is in my future.

4. My resting heart rate is 50 bpm (10 bpm lower than when I started) while my average workout heart rate is 150 bpm.

5. I am approx 150 lbs and am wearing a loose size 10 and fitting into a size 8. The last time I was 155 lbs, I was a snug size 12.

and (most importantly)

6. Muscle burns calories....the more muscle I make the more calories I will be able to eat without worry or concern about gaining the weight back. IMHO, the numbers on the scale do not matter as much as my dress size and fitness level. I have fitness goals to attain and I am well on my way.

All that being said, if you aren't already a gym nut you may want to follow the plan to the letter to get the fastest results. I don't have the high weight loss numbers that most have on the plan (partly due to being a veggie as well as working out). This makes the losing phase longer. My hubby (a meat eating video gamer) is on the cusp of reaching his weight loss goal, while I still have 20 more to go.

TTFN
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Sooo Ive been away for a while. I was having issues with eating all my protein and I then stopped following the plan. Im back now and Im I started following the Vegetarian Plan... which is probably what I should have done a long time ago. So far so good!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #368  

Default Hi Im new :)

Ive been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now but was having a hard time posting. Im only 40 and technology is already passing me by!

My info: Female- S. FLA- Started QWLC on 1/4. had a 6 day prep, lost 4lbs during prep, today is 1/18 and I am down a total of 9lbs.

Just wanted to join the party and thank everyone for the updates and support. Wishing you all the best and keep on keeping on!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #369  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Welcome Jeannie and welcome back 2Chi. I was wondering where you've been. When I started posting on 3FC, you were the only person who was actively posting on this thread. Nice to see you back. I'm glad you found a plan that you can work with.

I hit a milestone today. 100 pounds lost. I started my weight loss on August 1, 2012 at 404.5 pounds. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was 304.5. I still have a way to go to get to my goal. But being more than half way there feels good. I think I'll feel even better in a week or so when I go below 300 pounds.

I've always known I should have been able to do this, but I've never managed to gather any momentum and stick with any plan. I don't know why it was different this time, I'm just glad it is. Maybe I was just ready and had the right mindset this time. In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd be able to do this as well as I have, and I hope that I have the perseverance to keep it up to get to my goal and -- more importantly -- maintain it once I'm there. I know I can do it. I just hope that I will do it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #370  

Smile Proud of you Joe

Thank you for helping all who ask you are a good Joe.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #371  

So this has been a hard week. I work in a school guidnace office and we had an unexpected event that has affected students more than we thought it would. I have spent everyday this week in meetings with students, parents, and others who are trying to cope (one of which is my own son).

There were just some days that I could not get all of the water and food in. Yesterday I was so stressed I just gave up at dinner and ate food not on plan, but I did not go overboard. I am determined not to let this get to me and get back in the groove today.

I have not dropped anything this week, but I truly do believe that STRESS will do that to you. So I will keep on trucking on and hope to see some loss next week.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #372  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Chi View Post
Sooo Ive been away for a while. I was having issues with eating all my protein and I then stopped following the plan. Im back now and Im I started following the Vegetarian Plan... which is probably what I should have done a long time ago. So far so good!
Kudos!! Glad to see there's another veggie on the board.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Welcome Jeannie and welcome back 2Chi. I was wondering where you've been. When I started posting on 3FC, you were the only person who was actively posting on this thread. Nice to see you back. I'm glad you found a plan that you can work with.

I hit a milestone today. 100 pounds lost. I started my weight loss on August 1, 2012 at 404.5 pounds. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was 304.5. I still have a way to go to get to my goal. But being more than half way there feels good. I think I'll feel even better in a week or so when I go below 300 pounds.

I've always known I should have been able to do this, but I've never managed to gather any momentum and stick with any plan. I don't know why it was different this time, I'm just glad it is. Maybe I was just ready and had the right mindset this time. In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd be able to do this as well as I have, and I hope that I have the perseverance to keep it up to get to my goal and -- more importantly -- maintain it once I'm there. I know I can do it. I just hope that I will do it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am thrilled for you!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #374  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedVeggie View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am thrilled for you!
Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Congrats Joe!!!! You must be so proud of yourself!! I dont know you, but Im proud of you as well. I know how hard it is! Wow, I just realized you lost 100lbs in 5 months! Thats insane!
Closed Thread