General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #451  
vdshelton

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma2013 View Post
I recently joined QWLC and I read some where here about cheaper supplements? but I am not able to find the post??? The box of 7 bars or shakes is $17.00 which I cannot justify the price. Anybody here doing the QWLC program knows of an alternative or where I am able to buy the supplements cheaper?
I've found some of the supplements online at diet direct. I also found that the carb blockers and other multivitamins/pills are also there under a different name. I recommend the Wonder Slim Zhi Shi Trim for $25, just like the one supplement they sell for like $120.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #452  
QWLC Member

S/C/G: 219/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma2013 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the QWLC supplements: shakes and bars for cheaper?.... I can't justify the price!!!!!!! 7 packets for $17.00 !????!!!!!! H-E-L-P!!!!!!

Nashua Nutrition has the bars - visit the online site- HealthSmart brand seems to parallel the QWLC bars nutrition data - at $10.50 a box right now.

I didn't check out shipping charges but you'd probably have to order a good bit to pass break-even - but they're easy to store. The same brand of shakes are $11.50/box. I think they're made in GA - over near Augusta - too bad there's not a factory outlet store! Whether this saves money or not will depend on shipping charges!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #453  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I am going through a rut lately where I'm stuck at the same weight for a few weeks. Its not a plateau, because I know I've let myself slip a little bit. But lately I have found myself reverting to my old habits of eating late at night, and during this time I am eating larger quantities and more often.

I know that I can get back on track by just cutting out the late night eating, but I want to do something extra to see some movement on the scale - in the downward direction for a change. I am going to do the first stage for 3 to 4 days, but since I have gravitated towards a lower carb, Atkins-like way of eating, I am going to eat nothing but protein and a little fiber for that time. Hopefully, I will be able to lose at least a few pounds and get below 290, because I've been stuck at about 294 to 296 for too long. Once I get below 290, I am going to go back to my normal routine and get rid of the snacks that I was allowing myself to have. Unfortunately, even though they were on my plan, there are certain things I cannot keep myself from eating too much of and are too dangerous to be kept around!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #454  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I am going through a rut lately where I'm stuck at the same weight for a few weeks. Its not a plateau, because I know I've let myself slip a little bit. But lately I have found myself reverting to my old habits of eating late at night, and during this time I am eating larger quantities and more often.

I know that I can get back on track by just cutting out the late night eating, but I want to do something extra to see some movement on the scale - in the downward direction for a change. I am going to do the first stage for 3 to 4 days, but since I have gravitated towards a lower carb, Atkins-like way of eating, I am going to eat nothing but protein and a little fiber for that time. Hopefully, I will be able to lose at least a few pounds and get below 290, because I've been stuck at about 294 to 296 for too long. Once I get below 290, I am going to go back to my normal routine and get rid of the snacks that I was allowing myself to have. Unfortunately, even though they were on my plan, there are certain things I cannot keep myself from eating too much of and are too dangerous to be kept around!

I have felt the same way lately. I've hit a rut and stuck at the exact same weight for the last 8 days, despite following the plan. I was considering doing the prep phase again for 3 days to see if it jump starts anything. Let me know how everything goes for you.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #455  
Joe

Will do, Vshelton. I don't know if I would worry about a one week aberration where you didn't lose. I had that happen to me a while ago and I got slightly bothered by it and considered doing the prep phase again. But I didn't panic. I gave it some more time and, sure enough, the next week I lost the weight - and then some. Sometimes the weight does not come off in the same time patterns that we get accustomed to. Its frustrating, but once you accept it, your life becomes considerably less stressful!

The reason why I am re-doing the initial phase is because I know I've slipped a bit. I haven't been as careful with paying attention to what I eat, and the quantities. I've been eating more than I should and foods that should be a once in a while treat I was having every day - and in larger quantities than I should have. This has been going on for a few weeks. In a way, I'm glad that I didn't put any weight on. Part of the reason why I'm doing this is to get myself back on track. But its also to jump start the weight loss again too.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #456  

Default Plateaus

hi everyone, I am sorry I have not posted for some time but selfishly I still check in and read all of your comments which i look forward to. i see some people writing about not losing weight for a week or so..... I do attend the Pembroke Pines QWLC which I started January 11th. So far I was down 20 lbs and it stopped and would not move. I am very committed to the program and dont put anything "unauthorized" into my mouth.....so I knew it would eventually come off but of course we all like seeing the scale go down after all of the sacrafices and effort put in. they recommended I do a 3 day hot water and lemon after 2 meals but it didnt move the needle. I am on the 3rd and final day of a protein break. It changes what you should eat on plan for 3 days.
Morning: 2 eggs or egg beaters
1/2 orange
lunch: 4 oz of chicken breast and small green RAW salad
1/2 orange
Dinner: 4 oz of lean beef and small green raw salad
in addition the ONLY saving grace is you consume 3 of the high protein "powder" supplements- which are shakes, puddings, soups or jello. I had no idea I would long for chicken broth but it gets (barely) me through.

they like to see you every day of this phase. I missed going to the center yesterday because I have otherwise been there all week- ususally only going 2-3 x's a week. I will go today and weigh in. they said you usually see the loss after the phase is over but i am seeing it already. again this is the 3rd day of the phase and i have seen 2.5lbs lost already. by todays weigh in and by tomorrow I anticipate to see more. i am female so you guys i would imagine you will see even better results.

wish me luck and distraction so I dont focus on how hungry i am until today is over. i didnt think it would be so bad but yesterday was tough in the afternoon. talk about cranky.

keep on keeping on everyone. you are doing great things for yourself and your life. there is nothing better than waking up in the morning and knowing you did something good for yourself yesterday. i remember when i use to wake up with just regret.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 318.5/301/180

Height: 5'6

Jeannieg thats the center I was going to. I liked some of the people more than others. One gave me entirely wrong info. They annoyed me and I stopped going. I just found them unmotivating. I was REALLY into it when I first started. Then one week when I had good loss, one of the chicks told me I shouldnt have eatten at Boston Market and made me do a water flush. That screwed me up and pretty much after that point, I hated it. I was doing SO WELL and I felt like my best still wasnt good enough. Then I spoke with another counselor who told me it was perfectly fine to eat Boston Market.
I normally had issues with my protein intake because most of it grosses me out. After inquiring about the vegetarian plan, I was told I couldnt eat Boca burgers etc.. So I suffered and forced myself to try and eat the protein. Few weeks later I asked them about the vegetarian plan again, and I was given a sheet of approved food that contained boca burgers and other "fake meat" products. I was so pissed. She told me they always allowed it.
I just stopped going because they annoyed me.

I know part of it is my fault for giving up too easily on them, but I really didnt like when I got opposite info. So If you have any questions, make sure you get a 2nd opinion when you see a different counselor there. Cause the plan does work.

Alma, If you buy 5 boxes at once, the price drops from like $17.00 a box to $12.50. Also if you find the same extra brand online, you can print it and they will match the price.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #458  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Chi View Post
Jeannieg thats the center I was going to. I liked some of the people more than others. One gave me entirely wrong info. They annoyed me and I stopped going. I just found them unmotivating. I was REALLY into it when I first started. Then one week when I had good loss, one of the chicks told me I shouldnt have eatten at Boston Market and made me do a water flush. That screwed me up and pretty much after that point, I hated it. I was doing SO WELL and I felt like my best still wasnt good enough. Then I spoke with another counselor who told me it was perfectly fine to eat Boston Market.
I normally had issues with my protein intake because most of it grosses me out. After inquiring about the vegetarian plan, I was told I couldnt eat Boca burgers etc.. So I suffered and forced myself to try and eat the protein. Few weeks later I asked them about the vegetarian plan again, and I was given a sheet of approved food that contained boca burgers and other "fake meat" products. I was so pissed. She told me they always allowed it.

I know part of it is my fault for giving up too easily on them, but I really didnt like when I got opposite info. So If you have any questions, make sure you get a 2nd opinion when you see a different counselor there. Cause the plan does work.

Alma, If you buy 5 boxes at once, the price drops from like $17.00 a box to $12.50. Also if you find the same extra brand online, you can print it and they will match the price.

Its those types of bad experiences that I've had in the past with other weight loss centers that made me not want to join up. I never felt like I was getting good advice. Mostly, it was just a weigh in, a pep talk, and a sales pitch to purchase more and different supplements. (I won't get on my soapbox again about supplements, but suffice it to say that I don't think they are necessary at all to lose weight, but are a convenience if you want to use them. Plus, you can get comparable supplements that are MUCH cheaper than the ones sold by QWLC).

2Chi, its nice to see you back posting here. I'm sorry to read that you've had bad experiences with the QWLC counselors. Honestly, I think if you just do your own research online - on this site and others - you will quickly amass more knowledge (than your average QWLC employee) about what foods you can eat, and what foods you cannot eat, in order to lose weight. I am very skeptical about the "training" and competency of the QWLC "counselors." From my past experience, they are just glorified sales people. I am living proof that you can do this on your own because if I can do it, anybody can.

Speaking of which, I've had good results on my re-boot. On Tuesday I did mostly protein. On Wednesday and Thursday I did the protein and salad. On Thursday I allowed myself to have a handful of almonds for a snack and a couple of spoonfuls of low carb frozen dessert from d'lites. (It was my daughter's birthday, and everybody else was having cake!). Anyway, this morning I was at 291 -- which is 3.5 pounds less than what I was at the beginning of the week.

We are taking the kids to Disney this weekend starting tonight, so that will be a challenge. But they have a lot more healthy foods these days then they did when I was a kid, so I should have plenty of choices.

Last edited by joefla70; 03-15-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #459  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Chi View Post

I too have had no so great experiences with the QWLC. I love the plan, but some of the employees I've come across are not competent or knowledgeable about their own products/services/plans.

The deal breaker was when my friend and I went for our weekly weight-in. One of the counselors was always a little "hyper" and my friend commented "Wow, I wish I had your kind of energy!" and I kid you not - she told my friend that she could "hook him up with some cocaine". ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Neither he nor I ever EVER went back to a QWLC after that incident and we reported the counselor. I don't know what ever happened to her, but I don't want to be in an environment where that kid of behavior is condoned.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #460  
vdshelton

Finally got over my plateau!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #461  
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdshelton View Post
Finally got over my plateau!
Awesome! Did you do the prep phase again,or did you get past it without having to do that?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #462  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Awesome! Did you do the prep phase again,or did you get past it without having to do that?
I did the prep for 2 days. I was stuffing myself with protein and I honestly think that's what helped me. I don't think I eat enough of the approved foods. I still skip meals on a regular basis just because I'm running around the office or forgot to pack something for lunch.On day one I saw the scale move 0.2 lbs, so I decided to continue with another day. This morning I had lost 3.2 lbs, officially passed the plateau!

I'm going to slowly add in my normal QWLC approved foods and hope to see continued weight loss.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #463  
Joe

Cool! I did the same thing ... except I didn't skip any meals. I definitely don't have any trouble eating enough of the approved foods! I have to eat a HUGE salad just to fill me up so that I don't eat TOO MUCH of the approved foods!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #464  

Default supplement bar and drinks alt.

Hi, I use diet direct.com. The nutrition facts is similiar if not the same.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #465  
vdshelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyC View Post
Hi, I use diet direct.com. The nutrition facts is similiar if not the same.
I agree. The Wonderslim pill is spot on the same as that herbal supplement they sell for $120ish at the QWLC clinics.
Closed Thread