General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 04:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Life is very busy as usual. We got our Christmas tree on Sunday. We decided to only put lights on, for now. Want to see how Kaleigha and Lucas act around it. So far they really aren't bothering it, just fascinated when we put the lights on, but other than that, they've pretty much steer clear. Saturday I wrapped all our presents. I only have a few more for friends to do. Tree ~ done, (will decorate tonight after I put the kids down, so they will be surprised in the morning). Gifts ~ done. All bought and paid for. Wrapping ~ done, just a few stragglers. Christmas Cards ~ done. All stamped, addressed and mailed. House ~ a mess!! Have to find time to clean that bad boy up!!

Got a call from my mother, informing me that my sister "needs a day off" . Yeah, whatever. Sounds like my mom and sister got into it and my mom told her that she worked 6 days last week and had the kids yesterday ( Hey, she asked and it was only for a few hours ). Again whatever. I just talked to my other sister and she's gonna come by and watch Lucas and Kaleigha while I go get Cheye. I can't fit all their car seats in my car so I can't take them with me. Can I just tell you how much I HATE depending on other people?

Last week my friend said she would come over inthe morning so that DH could go to storage. Well, called her and she didn't answer. Eventually he got her and she had over slept. My sister had told her that she would meet her at my house so that she could get the house key. Well, she wasn't at my house. When my sister got home, Julie was on the computer!! DH was sitting at home waiting for her and she was on the computer. She told DH that she had fallen back to sleep. That;s okay though. I didn't say anything at the time, but trust me, when the time is right, I'll say what I need to say. My sister asked me today if I had asked Julie to help out, I told her no, you see how dependable she is. I strongly believe that what comes around goes around. nough said.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:36 PM   #62  

Flying by for a late check-in...

I'm shocked at myself! Until I came here and thought about the 3 point challenge I didn't really realize that I hadn't been on a diet this weekend. For the first time in a long time, I didn't think about it AT ALL. Yikes! This is NOT OK.

On an up note, I did put my new pages for 2003 into my planner today, and I looked back over the last year sort of thinking about everything... And thinking about next year and what I want to be the same / what I want to change. I've done a lot this year. Before looking back, I had a humdrum is-it-all-a-waste? feeling that I usually get in February. Now I realize that I accomplished quite a lot this year, even though I don't by any means feel like I've DONE what I wanted to DO -or- AM everything I want to BE... I did a lot of things, and I think I'll make a list of them.

I can definitely see the weak spots in the fabric (of my life) that I'm weaving... but I'm going to move forward with a broader perspective and hopefully a greater strength of purpose.

Oh yeah, and I want to lose weight!

Drinking my water like a true believer~Cafe
Old 12-10-2002, 09:45 AM   #63  

Hey Chickies!
Where is our fearless leader TIFFANY?! We miss ya girlie.

Still no Christmas tree at my house. I did move around the furniture yesterday to make room for it. That was no easy task with the DH big honk'n tv, the sectional and the sofa that is suppose to go downstairs. Just a wee bit cramped, but it'll do for now. I did get the stocking hung big the fire with care.

I'm haven't myself a nice cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee...resisted the urge to buy a donut.

Off to make beds to the joyful sound of a crying cat locked in the laundry room. Maybe I'll put on a Christmas tune...nice and loud.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:20 AM   #64  

Good Morning Girlies! Had a great time in Memphis, TN. In December all the secretaries from our division get together and have lunch and do an ornament exchange. We usually meet in Memphis because it's a central location for most of us. Some come from Little Rock, AR and I am the most northern location.

Put my tree up Sunday night, now the rest of the house looks like a train wreck. Did some crafting, made some pins and necklaces for DH office ladies. Spent Saturday afternoon with my friend that had the surgery and took off early one other day last week to stay with her. She is unable to stay by herself but at least she is home now. It was good to spend some time with her altho she did sleep quite a bit and is feeling very low. Girls we don't know how lucky we are to have good health.

Still hanging on by a thread of eating better. (doing better but not great) Getting exercise in and trying on the water. Good grief, you wouldn't think that drinking water would be that hard would you? Well, I best get to work. See ya later.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:37 AM   #65  

Morning Ladies,

It's good to start feeling like my old self again! Got up 4:30 this morning and walked 2 miles! I'm back and w/ a vengence . TOM started yesterday, but that was to be expected. I actually stood on the scale this morning and it said 267, YIPPEE!! Only 3 pounds up from when I fell off the wagon. Today isn't official weigh in day, but it will give me a starting point. Saturday is the official day, and I feel confident that I can lose something by then.

Got the tree decorated last night, and that feels good. Still have about a bazillion other non-Christmas related things to do. Number one being findind a new job and number two would be getting invitations and what not for my daughter's 4th birthday. Even though her birthday isn't until January, I need to get invites out to her school friends as her last day there will be next Friday. I filled out the form yesterday, and was near tears. She's been going there since she was 2 1/2 and it's good for her. She's learned alot and has made many friends. But, with me being out of work, we won't be able to afford it. I did however sign up for a ballet/tap combo class that begins in January, so hopfully she'll make some new friends. Last night I put on my all time favorite Christmas movie "A White Christmas" and my kids loved the dance numbers. I didn't actually get to watch the movie as I kept fast forwarding to the dance stuff. My kids were dancing around, trying to dance like the people on the screen. It's was quite amusing. Just imagine a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old trying to do all those moves! They kept bumping into each other and what not. Good times, I tell ya . I also must admit that I did pretty good on my own last night and my just tell my sister, that I don't need her help. Okay, I may be a little hasty, because now that I think about it, I had a heck of a time trying to use the restroom. The kids were at the door pounding away!

Well, I better start doing some work (only 9 working days left ~ WOO-HOO) . Have a good one and I'll try to check in later.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #66  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all from the land of Scrooge and the Grinch. I simply cannot get into the Christmas spirit here. Don't know why. Sigh. We don't have our tree up and, since we won't be home for Christmas, I'm thinking of not putting it up. No lights on the house yet. I have to FIND them first! Looking so forward to the big ice storm that's supposed to swing through tonight and tomorrow. Bah humbug!!

Semo, my house looks like a train wreck even without having put up the tree! Maybe that's why I'm just not into the decorating thing this year. The house has been such a mess since all this renovation started ... and will seemingly never end!

Dyan, 2 miles at 4:30 in the morning!? I was still deep in la-la land at 4:30 this morning. And at 5. And at 5:30. And... well, I was up and on the treadmill by 6. That's gotta count for something.

Nurse, I went to the website for that hotel. Sounds so nice! Maybe someday...

Cafe, I liked your looking for "weak spots in the fabric of your life" thing. That was such a neat way of looking at it, you know what I mean. It created a mental image. Something to think about.

Well, girls I have weigh-in tonight and am hoping for the best. I've been doing OK but I've just got to find a way to be more "gung-ho" about it. Confession: I was on my way to the gym last night and just couldn't do it. I just soooo didn't want to go. So I turned around and went home. The good news is that I got a case of the guilties and got on my treadmill for half an hour and then did (tried to do!) my Pilates tape and then did some work with my exercise ball. Got in a good workout even without the gym. ... and didn't have to put on gym clothes that had been sitting in a freezing cold car for days. Yikes!

Have to go now. I'm going to send some brain waves (a tough job for me!) out to Tiffany so she'll get her little butt back in here!! Let's all do the same. Ready ... set ... go........
Old 12-10-2002, 12:36 PM   #67  

Morning, ladies! Sounds like you're all busy as beavers...

I don't have much to report on, myself. Seems like I've hardly been home lately and when I am I've slept like the dead. But I'm doing fine.

Old 12-10-2002, 01:31 PM   #68  

Cafe, Glad to see your around and doing good !
Old 12-10-2002, 04:17 PM   #69  
Long Lost Chickie

Leaving soon for WW weigh-in. Think of me fondly. Then it's off to drop off my little car for an oil change and MAYBE a walk home from the mechanic??? Could happen....
Old 12-10-2002, 10:27 PM   #70  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Thought I was doing well but WW weigh-in was not good....up 1 1/2 #. Now where did that come from? Could it be the Christmas Dinner I went to last night? I really tried to be good..no second helpings....no chocolate cake. Maybe it was the fact that the cook told me today just how she made each dish...more calories/ points than I thought! Only exercised one-two times last week and having trouble with snacks at night, again!

Plan B: Need that 30 min exercise each day. I've got to face it..I can't do this without daily exercise. I've been piddling around long enough just putting off the idea that I'm getting older and the 'ole metabolism "just ain't what it used to be". Just got off the treadmill tonight--put in 30 min. Looks like I need to up the exercise to every day to do this weight loss thing...

Dyan---you are a whirlwind, girl! I don't even have Christmas cards made out yet! Please send some of that Christmas spirit across the miles. I need to get up at 5:00am and get on my treadmill, too---you are giving me inspiration.

SEMO---sounds like you had a nice trip to Memphis. Hang in there on the eating....there sure are alot of temptations out there.

DNW---I'm starting to be envious....everybody gets to go somewhere fabulous! Lake Placid sounds wonderful! Hope you had a great time.

Cafe---I need a little more reflection, too, maybe it will help me figure out my weak threads also.

Tiger---way to go on resisting those donuts. That's a tough thing to do especially with a warm cup of coffee at this time of year. Pat yourself on the back, girl. Small victories...

Huntress---how's the weather down there? Are you getting some of this ice/snow or all rain? Either way, I'm sure you look fabulous driving that new car. Know how you feel with your computer taken...first time in awhile I could post in the evening. I was one of those people who tried Atkins, lost weight, then gained it back with a vengence when I tried to eat normal again. There is something very foreign about eating all meats and veggies and not getting any breads/dairy for awhile....

Gotta go. Try to post again soon.

"Bright"
Old 12-11-2002, 06:58 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Good Morning........

Jello - Is there room on this thread for 2 Grinches? I can't get into the spirit at all this year, haven't gotten even 1 present bought and I can see myself running around like a mad woman at the last minute trying to do it all.

Dyan - Send us some of that Christmas cheer, maybe you should share some of your little ones cause when mine were small I always looked forward to being Santa Clause.

Brighterdays - Sorry about your gain, it may only be temporary water weight or something so don't fret about it. Bet it will be gone plus some by next week. We haven't had any snow/ice just rain about every 3rd day so that pretty little car is filthy. I too have realized that it's gonna take exercise to get the rest of this weight off. You are right about the metabolism thing. I need to get my daughter to bring the treadmill back so that I can at least be doing that until I get to join the gym.

SEMO - You are so right about being thankful for our good health, I have an Aunt in the hospital right now, she had surgery to remove her female parts and they found more cancer then she developed a blood clot and pnuemonia after the surgery. This poor woman has already had breast cancer, had her colon removed, brain surgery for a tumor and I can't even remember how many other things. She is only 54 and has spent the last 10-15 years of her life in and out of the hospital. I am thankful every day that I am healthy right now and this is one of the reasons why I think is so important for all of us to get to a healthy weight and hopefully avoid some of the disease caused by being obese.

HI Cafe, Tigerlily, DNW!

Think I messed my keyboard up, spilled some coffee on it yesterday morning and it keeps skipping letters. Either that or I just can't type anymore since I cut those long fingernails off.
Have a great day all.........

LJ
Old 12-11-2002, 09:05 AM   #72  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh, I'd better stop with the smilies or this won't post! But OK, how about this....

LAST NIGHT AT WEIGH-IN .... DOWN 3 POUNDS!!!!!

One more ... I did a little dance, I laughed, I cried. I'm feeling so much better about life in general.

So, left WW after the meeting, dropped off my car, got a ride to the VFW (tooooo cold to walk 2 miles) and then drank beer and ate pizza and ice cream. Oops. Talk about undoing a good thing. But I've stopped now and am back on track! Just gotta stay on track through the holidays.

And speaking of the holidays, sure Huntress, there's room for one more grinch. Welcome to my world. I have to admit I've got most of my shopping done but still have a few important people to buy for (Rich, mom, etc.). I did brave Toys R Us for my 4-year old nephew. Yikes!! What a madhouse! Again I say, bah humbug.

Actually, many years ago, Rich was engaged to a woman who broke up with him right before Christmas. For years after that, he hated Christmas and the holidays. Everyone always called him The Grinch. Even his family would send him Grinch cards and buy him Grinch presents. Lately, it's been my job to change his mind about the holidays.

But boy is it tough sometimes!!!!!!

Bright, I read or heard somewhere that regular exercise can make you lose 1/3 more weight than dieting alone. Creating more lean body mass and muscle can help your body burn calories faster and more efficiently and all kinds of other good news. But I agree with you about working up the ambition to actually do it!

Well, it's sleeting outside and the temperature's going to have to struggle to get up to freezing today. It's gray and cold and just generally miserable out there. Sigh. This is certainly not helping me get into the Christmas spirit!

But losing 3 pounds is!!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #73  

Yippee, yippee, skippee for Jello!!! You go GGRRRLLL!! WAY TO GO!! I'm in awe!

Oh did I mention, I got my Christmas cards mailed out on Monday? Had then ready to go last week, but just couldn't make it the post office...... Hehe, don't hate me ! I'm a doofus, I know..... I'm sure it has a lot to do with the way I was raised. I try to be very prompt when it comes to sending out thank you cards etc.... After every baby shower, after bridal shower etc.... Part of the reason I do it right away (say the next day) is because I will end up putting it off and will never get done, and 2 I need to while things are still fresh in the ole brainer.

Huntress: I'm more than willing to share my little ones. Which one would you like? The 3 year old girl, the 21 month old boy, or the 9 month girl? Pick a kid, any kid..... Nah, j/k, I do look forward to seeing there reactions. However my son is still too young. Once he opens one gift, hejust wants to play with that one thing and not open anything else. And this is Kaleigha's first Christmas.

Jello & you other hum-buggers here ya go...... Magicial Christimas spirit coming your way....

gotta go to a meeting....BAH-HUMBUG
Old 12-11-2002, 12:23 PM   #74  

Got this in an email, thought you all may enjoy it .

Subject: Sayings on T-Shirts

1) My husband and I divorced over religious differences; he thought he
was God. and I didn't.
2) I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
3) I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!
4) Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
5) I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
6) Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out alive.
7) You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
8) Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
9) Earth.... is the insane asylum for the universe.
10) I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing.
12) Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
13) I don't have to be dead to donate my organ.
14) I want to die in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming and
yelling like the passengers in his car.
15) God must love stupid people; He made so many of them.
16) The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
17) It IS as BAD as you think and they ARE out to get you.
18) I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
19) Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
20) Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
21) Beer ~ The Reason I Get Up Each Afternoon!
22) I Must Be a Proctologist Because I Work With A-- ----s!
23) "That's It! I'm Calling Nana!" (seen on a four year old)
24) "Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew Up"
25) "Procrastinate..... Now"
26) "Rehab..... Is for Quitters"
27) "My Dog.... Can Lick Anyone"
28) "I Have a Degree in Liberal Arts - Do You Want Fries With That?"
29) "Party - My Crib - Two A.M." (On a baby-size shirt)
30) "Finally 21,and Legally Able to do Everything I've been doing since
I was 15"
31) "Arkansas: One Million People and 15 last names"
32) "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION. It comes bundled with the software."
33) "I'M OUT OF ESTROGEN AND I'VE GOT A GUN"
34) "A hangover is the wrath of grapes"
35) "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance"
36) "STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"
37) "DISCOURAGE INBREEDING - Ban Country Music"
38) "They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"
39) "He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead"
40) "Time is fun when you're having flies"...Kermit the Frog
41) "POLICE STATION TOILET STOLEN .... Cops have nothing to go on."
42) "FOR SALE - Iraqi rifle. Never fired. Dropped once."
43) "HECK IS WHERE PEOPLE GO WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOSH"
44) "HAM AND EGGS - A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment
for a pig."
45) "WELCOME TO KENTUCKY - Set your watch back 20 years."
46) "The trouble with life is there's no background music."
47) "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson."
48) "MOP AND GLOW - The Floor Wax used by Three Mile Island cleanup
team."
49) "NyQuil - The stuffy, sneezy, why-the-heck-is-the-room
spinning-medicine."
Old 12-11-2002, 01:00 PM   #75  

Whew Daymn, you were getting kinda close with the Arkansas and Kentucky.......... But we all know that Missiourians are extraordinary....Right Brighterdays!

Well I hate to admit it but I'm in the Grinch Group too. When I was 13 I lost my Dad on Christmas Eve and I still just can't get excited about the holidays. I haven't sent any cards out, but I blame that on having lost my mailing list when my old computer crashed. Just the thought of finding all the addresses does not seem like much fun, so I've kept putting it off. And of course, I feel guilty every single time I get one in the mail...........ugh.

Okay, nuff said.......time to be merry and
Oh This Little of mine, this little of mine. I'm try'n
Closed Thread