General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 12:34 PM   #91  
Long Lost Chickie

Hello? 'member me? OK, so it's only been 2 days but I feel like I've been gone forever. Is it possible to be addicted to you guys? Yep. Think so.

Tiger, I'm sorry about kitty. It's hard but it does get better. Like jujubeee, my cat was 16 when she died a few years ago. I'd had her since she was 6 weeks. My child. I cried for weeks and weeks. Didn't know it could hurt so bad. I still get misty thinking about her but it gets easier to handle in time.

Jujubeee, welcome to the best place on the forum!!! I'm glad to see you're under a doctor's care concerning taking drugs. It's a little scary how many different ones are out there.

Tiffany, it's official. I'm not speaking to you any more. So there. Humph! So don't bother coming in and posting here 'cause I ain't gonna be deliriously happy to see you or nothin'.

Dum de dum de dum..... I'm not listening!!!!

OK, I can't fake it any more!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!! Sob.

Semo, happy belated birthday!!! I'm sorry I missed it.

Huntress and Tiger, I like the Capt'n too. But I eat it "straight". Hate what it does to milk. Yuk.

So yesterday morning I went to evil Mr. Dentist for my 6-month check up. He found TWO cavities!!!! Last time I went, I hadn't been for 4 or 5 years and still my teeth weren't too bad. Now, only 6 months after my last appt. he finds two cavities???? Something fishy about this whole thing. Grumble....

Anyway, my teeth got a good cleaning and poking and my mouth was sore for pretty much the rest of the day. It was a good thing. Not much eating involved in my day off! Sadly, my tiny brain somehow decided that cold beer is very medicinal.

Also got my hair cut yesterday, even shorter than last time. Now I have recently-cut-hair remorse. Well, it'll settle down ... I hope.

Have to go now. It's Friday!! Yeah!! Little bit of work to get done and then a weekend! Yeah, this working one whole day in a row is so very rough....

Later!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:13 PM   #92  

You guys do realize my cat didn't die, dont ya? I GAVE HIM AWAY, I'm a horible kitty momma and I feel like a terrible person for doing it....on top of missing him. I keep thinking I see him...pillow on the couch...towel on the floor...kids toys...all look like a cat out of the corner of my eye. I know it will get better and DH keeps telling me we did the right thing.
I'm in pet ****. The iguana goes to the vet today. DH thinks he broke his leg. Ernie, the iguana, might have fallen off the shelf in his habitat. Heaven help me. I'd give him away too, but the kids would probably be looking for a new home for me next.
The dog better not even look at me funny.

Todays snack of choice...warmed apple cider. Yum. Forgot how tasty it can be.

I'm making a new soup for supper...taco soup. I'll pass the recipe along if it's any good.

Jello, addiction is a great possiblity. When my pc is acting up, I have to go to the library to log on! 2 cavities, I feel your pain. I'm about due for my checkup. yuck.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-13-2002, 01:29 PM   #93  

Hello everyone! I'm still hanging in.

DNW - I copied and pasted that recipe right quick. Yum, and I like the statistics it has.

Jello - sorry to hear it about the cavities! I'm worried about my teeth, but I'm not going until I have insurance again. I'm sure it won't be pretty.

Tiger - Don't let the cat get you down. You will get through the remorse. Be strong and remember how it felt to find that pee - again. I had a similar struggle a bit more than a year ago. I felt awful about the whole thing - and he yowled all the way to the place of course. But ultimately, it was him or me and I knew it. Now I have new carpet in my bedroom, and I don't feel bad about it anymore.

Dyan - I'm in the same boat as you, I think. I'm GOING to revive, I just have to get there. Things are so hectic! But the thing I'm not letting slide is my water and I'm fighting hard for my wake-up-early routine.

Huntress - Singing the 1am blues. Hope you catch up on your sleep soon.

Jujubeee - Welcome!! I'm flaky lately, but mostly I don't bite!

Bright - You're right, somehow we are always hit and miss. Hopefully when I get my rear in gear I can be more spot-on and we'll cross paths.

SEMO - Sorry for your loss. Anniversaries are very hard! I can imagine that when everyone is being all extra-cheery that must be a trial. Hang in there.

~Cafe
Old 12-13-2002, 01:42 PM   #94  

Default I'm so embarrassed!!

Oh TigerLily.....I feel so silly. I totally misread that. I'm sorry. Maybe with my cats passing I just automatically thought "gone" referred to died. Well I'm glad he is ok.

Well I've been searching all over the internet for some kind of instructions on my total gym and can't find ANY. All there are is ads and more ads for the blasted things!!! There website is of no help either. I e-mailed them and asked how to go about getting a replacement manual. Darn! I was really gung-ho to start today. Anybody here use one and know of a website where they show some exercises?

I've had a slim fast and iced tea so far today. When I was on Atkins I discovered Splenda sugar substitute. I could never stand to drink tea or anything because I hated the aftertaste of equal or sweet n lo. The splenda is really good though and I'm just sitting here at work drinking the tea. Hopefully it will help keep me off the Pepsi. Just to let you know how big of an addict I was...I used to drink 1-2 large fountain soda's a day plus 3-4 cans. I NEVER drank water, only Pepsi. Every diet I've ever tried I failed because I was DYING for a Pepsi.

Well I'm going to go munch on an apple.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:44 PM   #95  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiger, I THOUGHT you'd given him away but the way everyone was talkin', I thought I'd missed something. Still, it's almost the same sometimes. Especially when I see how much you're missing him. Hang in there.

Well, guys it's almost 4:00 Friday and what's that mean? Yes, my boss is about to dump a huge "has to go out tonight!" project in my lap. What a LOSER!!! He keeps saying he'll get it to me "in a minute" and then gets interrupted by someone or something else. Sure, don't worry about me. I LLLLOOOVVVVEEEE staying here half the night.

Sorry. Venting. I'm soooo ready for the weekend.

Hope you all have a good one.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:57 PM   #96  
I'm back again

Hi All,

TGIF! It has been such a long week! Didn't get to the gym at lunch due to the snow...left work a little early though so I'll hop on the treadmill tonight instead.

Tiger---I had to give my cat away, too. Know just how you feel. Have a picture of her and my son up on the mantle---seems to fill the void. However, I don't miss that litter box (that somehow I ended up cleaning all the time,even though my son will tell you it was his cat) and the urine smell, from "marking their territory" someone said.

Huntress-- where are you, girl? Hope you got some rest.

Jello---I got some last minute phone calls before I left the office tonight, also. Made me LATE for my early get-away, awfully frustrating!

Jujubee--sorry, don't know a think about that machine. If it is close to the machines at the gym, I could probably figure it out but you're so right to get a manual. If I spent a 100.00 on something, I'd want the correct instructions, also. Good luck in finding something. I'll try to look it up later, also, in between my taxiing kids around.

Cafe---always good to hear from you...

Dyan---hang in there, girl.

Talk more to you all this weekend. Got a feeling I'll be more indoors than out with this weather.

Take care all,

"Bright"
Old 12-15-2002, 10:01 AM   #97  

Well, it is Sunday and I am getting ready to go to work. Have 6 hours of overtime today. This working 6 days a week is for the birds!!!
Speaking of work I believe that is one of my biggest downfalls as far as my eating habits and weight gain. I have a job that fluctuates between really boring and really busy. It is also shift work which rotates every 3 months. For years when I would get sleepy or need an extra boost, I would always hit the candy machine. Also, I don't drink coffee so Pepsi would be my caffeine fix! On the other hand, if something major happened or we had a really busy spurt I would reward and relax myself with a little snacky. How funny that the same foods could do both.
Yesterday was my only day off and I did blow it but not too badly. I did have a couple of large fountain cokes and some not so good food but all in all it was better than I used to be. I guess one day won't kill me.
I finally figured out how to set up my Total Gym. I went to Fitnessquest.com which is the company that markets the machines and they had everything right there. I love the internet!!! How did we ever live without it?
Well a big storm is supposed to be brewing today. I love the rain, I can't wait.
Well I guess I'm off with my SlimFast & Iced Tea.
I'll check in with ya'll later.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:18 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Happy Monday morning to all!

Hard to believe we only have one more full week before Christmas, huh? I hope you're all doing well and were just too busy shopping and doing other holiday stuff to get in here this weekend.

Believe it or not I actually made it through this weekend without making a total pig of myself even though the opportunities to do so were plenty. It was that TOM last week and I have been eating a lot of sweets but had a small loss anyway. Can't figure that one out. I'm looking forward to the end of the holidays and the beginning of the new year. I always seem to have a renewed spirit.

I dropped by to see my friend who is on Atkins yesterday. I wanted to see how she was doing, thought it might make me jealous but alas she wasn't home. Last time I talked to her she had lost 14 #'s in less than 2 weeks.

Guess I'd better get up and get moving.

LJ
Old 12-16-2002, 07:13 AM   #99  

Hello Everyone! Another Monday Funday, woohoo, can ya hear my enthusiasm? The weeks are just fly'n by. I keep thinking life is going to slow down, but no luck. Maybe after the holidays.

Huntress, I'm looking forward to finsishing up the holidays too....Renewed feelings....maybe a little routine to life. Hey, a girl can dream.

I bought some NoPudge brownies. Tiff told us about them a long time ago. Gonna bake them up today. It's the week before aunt flow and I'm crave'n the goodies....could also be stress cravings.

I shopped like crazy on Sunday. Just a few more things to finsish up. Gonna hit the store while junior is in kindergarten this morning.

Taco soup was good...if anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

Old 12-16-2002, 08:49 AM   #100  
Long Lost Chickie

Yes, it's Monday already. Blah. Last week of work before we leave for Christmas in Las Vegas. Friday is our company Christmas party. We all come in to work for a couple hours and then head off to eat and make merry. Most of us here would rather they not have the party and just give us the $100 per person or whatever. It's just a lot of hurrying and "getting situated", etc. And the place is so far from here and it's supposed to snow/rain and I somehow got sucked into being on the committee and have to set up and etc. etc. etc. And what am I gonna wear!?!?! Again...

BAH HUMBUG!!!!

Somewhere in here, I've got to do laundry, pack, get my dog to mom and dad's, make sure the house is all secure and all the other stuff that has to be done before leaving for the airport. I've already told Rich, next year, we're just staying home. The holidays are supposed to be happy, not totally stressful. The M&M's are calling!!!!!!!!!

This past weekend was awful. It's all a blur of chocolate, beer, pizza and chinese food. I stepped on the scale this morning. More stress. I've got to find a way to get my stuff together!!

Let's change the subject, shall we? Too much of Jello's whining here on a Monday morning....

Tig, those NoPudge brownies are wonderful! Best part is that you can make them one at a time instead of the whole batch. (Which as everyone knows is ONE serving. )

Huntress, yeah, I'm with you. Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I did spend part of the weekend wrapping and think I'm just about done. A few more little things to buy and/or wrap but I'm not too worried about that. ...Too worried about everything else!

Better go. I did the smart thing and brought my gym bag into the building today. Nothing worse than getting to the gym and putting on clothes that have been sitting out in the cold car all day. Brrrrrr.....

Later!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:13 AM   #101  

Monday Funday, eh? I'll work on that.

Somehow, and this is really pathetic, I gave myself a whiplash injury when the water ran cold in my shower last Friday. This is worse than any car accident I've been in! So my weekend was... subdued. I'm in pain.

Still, it's a new week and a new day... Gotta focus on that feeling of renewal and continual striving towards a goal.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:24 AM   #102  

Default I've been a bad girl

Well yesterday at work I forgot to bring bread to make my sandwich. I ended up getting really hungry and eating a bag of Cheetos. I figured I would just make that my lunch and I was fine. Then my kids call and ask me to pick up Krispy Kreme donuts. BIG MISTAKE. I figured I could resist them but NOPE, downed 3 of them on my way home. Then I had way too much Pepsi last night. Oh well, it is a new week and I came to work armed with plenty of good healthy food to get me through my day. I took a xenical to try to offset some of the damage and boy am I paying the price this morning!!!!!
My kids are going to Disneyland today with dad so I HAVE to finish my shopping after work today. I am stumped!!! I have a snooty brother in law I must buy a gift for and am totally clueless.
Time to refill my iced tea. I have another hour till snack time but the boredom is kicking in and I want to munch. I will get through it though.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:42 PM   #103  

Cafe, too funny, shower whiplash. Sorry your hurt'n though.

I knocked out some more shopping this morning. I'm on the final count down to being finished. Have not shopped for the inlaws yet. DH always says he'll think of something...when? Christmas eve?!

Stopped and picked up DS a happy meal on the way home. Ya know the smell of it in the car made my stomach upset. I'm actually happy about that.

Jello, good luck getting things ready for your trip. I had the same feelings at Thanksgiving. I don't even want to go next year. DH has to go, it's a business thang.

juju, I've never had a Krispy Kreme....think'n I shouldn't ever try one.
I did have a cappicino this morning. It was sinful.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:04 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Morning Ladies....

Tired to post earlier, but my computer started acting strange and it shut down the internet. Thank goodness, I hadn't wrote a novel, otherwise, you probably wouldn't be hearing from me.

Anyhoo, TOM has FINALLY left the building after a full 7 day stay (the rat ba$tard)!! But on a good note, took 3.5 pounds with it! I'm still up 1.5 pounds, since I fell off the wagon, but I have renewed hope, since I know I can lose 2 pounds in a week (if I really work at it). So I'm totally gung ho this morning.

What a weekend. Power was out on Saturday for 6 hours! From noon to 6 pm. Had a terrible rain storm, that's supposed continue until Wednesday. Took my sister to Costco and on the way to pick her up, there were trees and branches EVERYWHERE!
, but we did what we needed to. Bought a pizza while I was out, since I wasn't sure when we have power again. Can you say oink, oink . I got a bug up my hind parts and got the kids dressed in the their rain gear and we went and played in the rain. We had a blast. Jumping in puddles and twirling our umbrellas. We had watched "Singing in the Rain" a few nights earlier, so we were singing.

I finally got ALL my wrapping done. No more small gifts to wrap here and there. It's all done. we're having people over this weekend and needed to get everything done.

Cafe: sorry to hear about the pain. I hope it goes awy soon.

Jello: Have fun at the gym! Hehe, I used "fun" and "gym" in the same sentence!

JuJu: May you find all your gifts easily and swiftly.

Tig: Brownies sound so delish right now!

Huntress and Bright: Have a awesome day!

P.S. already got in my water and exercise for the day.

Last edited by Dyanm1; 12-16-2002 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:58 PM   #105  

Dyan - fun, gym same sentance... You made me spit out my drink when you said that. LOL!

Aw, that's not nice. I *LIKE* to exercise, really I do... I just don't like tyring to GET myself to exercise. WHY is it hard to get there when it makes me feel so good?

Man, whiplash is a real pain in the neck. LOL! I'm punchy today I guess... must be time to go home.
Closed Thread