General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 06:13 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi everybody!

Tigerlily - Be sure to let me know how those brownies are, yum, just thinking about it makes me want one. Could you UPS me a couple?

Cafe - Sorry about your injury, take it easy. I also feel great when I exercise but can't seem to get myself moving.

Jujubee - Cheetos and Krispy Kremes - fogetta bout it! A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Just move on and keep trying to eat a little healthier each day. It will sink in.

Jello - Holidays ARE stressful! You don't even have to go to the mall, just get within 5 miles of one and you will have to deal with the traffic. I wish for you peace and happiness on your trip to relax from all the hustle and bustle.

Dyan - You are so together girl! You are an inspiration to me who has only bought 2 gifts and has a whole list to go. Even with working and small children you have managed to get so much done!

Where is SEMO? Did she go out of town or something and I just forgot? I remember DNW was going to Lake Placid but I don't remember SEMO saying anything. I hope DNW did not take my asking about that alligator movie the wrong way, I just did not realize that there was actually a real place named that. Only reason I even remembered about that is because Bill Pullman was in that movie and I think he's a total babe.

Brighterdays - come out come out wherever you are. Make those kids get off your computer!

Did I miss anyone? Hope not. My eating is good right now, working on the water even though I'm still not getting enough and have just decided to forget about trying to exercise right now. Too much stress trying to figure out what and when I'm going to do my shopping. I keep putting people on my list that I forgot. For the most part I am doing gift cards this year but even thinking about where to get those is a chore. Still don't have a tree and at this point it doesn't look like I'm going to get one at all. Think I'll go after the holidays and get an artificial one when they go on sale. Since I got rid of my Explorer I don't have any way to haul one home every year. I wish I felt the same about Christmas as I used to when my children were small. Ever since their dad died I just am depressed during the holidays. Guess that's the real reason I don't do my shopping until the last minute.

Guess I'll close this book for now and get ready for work.

Ya'll have a great day!

LJ
Old 12-17-2002, 09:07 AM   #107  

Good Morning!
The brownies are tasty. Even tastier 'cuz I didn't have to make them. My ten year old made them when he got home from school. Very chewy and rich. I had the cappuccino flavor and used plain yogurt with a tsp of vanilla. Didn't intend to have plain yogurt, but bought the wrong kind. That's what I get when shopping with the six year old. I buy the wrong stuff, forget to buy stuff, can't comparison shop....the joy of children.

I wrapped and wrapped last night....almost done...except for the inlaws.
Dyan, you are just too organized.

We have another load of wood coming today, so I'll get my exercise stacking it up. Gonna go get a bottle of water right now so I can at least make an effort drink some of the debil juice.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:36 AM   #108  
Long Lost Chickie

Went to the gym last night and practically had the place to myself. It was wonderful! One of the trainers there said it gets like this around the holidays but come January 1, everyone's new years resolutions will kick in and the place will be packed. Funny, that's what my WW leader was saying last week too. Guess it's true.

Tiger, I like the cappucino ones too. Have you tried the mint ones? They take some getting used to. Funny, I was at Trader Joe's last night and saw them on the shelf and thought of you. I have some boxes in my cabinet but the plain fat free yogurt I bought to make them with is waaaaay past its expiration date. I'm surprised it hasn't crawled out of the fridge and attacked me. Next trash day, out it goes, I guess.

Dyan, gym and fun in the same sentence. Oh girl you are a funny one. I usually go and go and go and then look at the clock and think "Whoopee! Time to ... uh ... well, go." Home to my sofa, that is. But it feels better when I'm done.

Huntress, coming home last night, traffic was all snarled up and slow and I thought there must be an accident or something. Nope. Mall traffic. You're right. You can't get within a mile or two of any major shopping without getting swept up into it! BTW, I'm sorry the holidays are so tough for you. But you know, you really don't need a tree. Where's it written that you have to have one anyway? Maybe just some lights and/or candles and a pointsettia or two?

OK, I'm just saying that because ours isn't up this year either. When I got home last night, Rich was outside on a ladder putting the lights on the house. I didn't have the heart to tell him I was going to say we should just skip it this year. We won't be home around Christmas anyway. Having Christmas lights that aren't on is just a way of saying "Hey Mr. Burglar, we're not home, come on in". Oh well. We have a motion sensor on our front light and we can leave that turned on and the neighborhood is pretty safe. ... I hope.

Cafe, hope your neck is feeling better. I do stuff like that too. I once pulled a muscle in my shoulder putting on a heavy sweater. It's true, I swear!

Jujubee, I'm with Tiger on those Krispy Kremes. I'm afraid to try them for fear I'll get hooked. Them and Hagen Das ice cream.

OK, making myself hungry here. Gotta go. Boss just came in and he's sure to kill my appetite.

Talk at ya all later!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:12 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

You guys kill me , If I'm so organized, why do I feel like such a scatter brained slug? I constantly feel so rushed and UNorganized. Cheyenne's birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas, so this year I actually got the invitations out already (to the kids at her school, since Friday is her last day there) and sent a heads up to family and friends to mark their calendars. My cousin emailed me back and asked if I thought I did it soon enough. Then she went on to say, that at least I'm giving her more than the usual one week notice. I swear, I try. Every year I think I have it under control, and then I end up doing everything for her party last minute. It's hard w/ Christmas on the 25th, then New Year's which also my wedding anniversary (this is our 7 year anniversary), then Cheye's birthday, and then a week after that DH's Birthday. This year he'll be the BIG 3 0! I think I'm more excited than he is! I'm older and hate telling people how old he is, because my number starts w/ 3 and his starts w/ a 2! But not for long. Hehe . He looks older and already has a daughter that will be 10. His job was to keep my young! Yeah right. Anyhoo.....I digress

Jello ~ I want to go to Vegas! I need to escape all the family crap. I just keep telling myself that this is the LAST year we have to do this. Next year we'll be in Utah, Babee . We're always going, going, going. Between my family and DH's. We trek an hour out to my SIL's house and sit around like slugs. After staying up all hours and then getting up at teh crack of dawn. yippee . The only reason we do is, is so that the kids can see the rest of the family. My family says that if they want to see the kids, then they could come to us. Well.....a hostess I'm not. Although it would be so much easier on us (Not having to pack bottles, diapers, extra clothes, toys, baby food, sippy cups etc....) Our apartment is too small. Also, I don't really enjoy myself, because I spend most of the time chasing my kids around, making sure they aren't getting into things that they aren't suppose it. It's such a chore.....oops! got a little carried away there didn't I? Someday......I'll be able to go to Vegas for Christmas......

Huntress ~ You better get that tree ggrrlll.....Maybe that will help you get into the Holiday spirit. I love the smell of Christmas tree when I walk through the door. I'm sorry to hear that the holidays depress you. Like I said before.....pick a kid any kid! How old ARE your children? Don't you have teenagers?

Cafe ~ Sorry, didn't mean to make things come spraying out of your body! EEEWWWW, gross . I enjoy working out also, but I surely wouldn't call it fun , no way, no how . As a matter fact, already walked my 2 miles this morning and drank all my water. It's the late night food eating that are kicking my a s s. Jinkies, did I say that? I'm in a "mood" today. Not sure if it's good or bad. Oh well.

Tig ~ Are you supposed to use flavored yogurt w/ the brownies? I have never seen them before. I know where there is a Trader Joe's, but obviously never go in. I JUST noticed Skinny Cow ice-cream and that's only because it was mentioned here. I can be so slow sometimes. Now I have had Krispy Kreme. Not as good as they were made out to be. If you've never tried them, here's what you do.....take alot of sugar and had a little water. Make a thin paste....then take a spoon and scoop up a big helping of your sugar mixture and insert it into your mouth. YUMMY . No but seriously, just thinking about 'em makes my tummy and teeth hurt.

Brighter ~ How was the rest of your weekend?

YIKES, look at the time...gotta jet....

P.S. Don't know where SEMO is.....hopefully off enjoyig herself somewhere.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:38 AM   #110  

Dyan - I just saw a pic on the front page of AOL and it's flooded! Are you OK? Stay in out of that weather and be careful. My kids are 22, 18 & 17 and they haven't said anything at all about Christmas or a tree. When I asked them what they wanted they just said nothing, they already have computers, stereos, TV, game systems, etc etc etc. So what else is there? They just want clothes and money so guess what they're getting. I will take all the babies, OK. Then I could really have some fun!

OK, gotta go for now..........

LJ
Old 12-17-2002, 01:07 PM   #111  

Huntress ~ Thanks for your concern! . It's not too bad in the area where I live. I live between San Jose and San Francisco, and although it was pretty ugly on Saturday, it was no where near as bad as the flooded areas. Actually the sun keeps peeking through the clouds today. We're having on again, off again showers, but another storm is supposed to blow through on Thursday. I try NOT to go out in bad weather. I was a very paranoid driver in the rain. I'm getting so much better, but I had one year where my car kept spinning out. I would go to make a left turn and I would fish tail and be facing on coming traffic , that happend at least 3 times and then that same year, I spun out and ended up smashing into a telephone pole on my side. It wasn't pretty. I even had dreams that I was in a car accident. That lasted a few years, and everytime inmy dream when it came to point of impact I would be startled awake. Freaky huh? Anyway, I'm doing much better. Still alittle paranoid, even though I know that during my bad year my tires were bald. I did get new tires last Christmas, and haven't had a single problem. Now I think, How am I gonna handle driving inthe snow? UGH
Old 12-17-2002, 03:10 PM   #112  

Hey Ya'll, just finished reading all the post that I have missed..... Oh my gosh, Well Thursday was my 29th (HeeHee) birthday again, Friday. I was the only one in the office, so I had to stay up front, Saturday, was my baby boy's college graduation, Sunday was my side of the families Christmas party and yesterday helped pack up and move my son home............ Has Christmas passed yet???? Thought maybe I had missed it. Must say that all I have been doing is ing out big time.

Dyanm, you can send all them babies to me... I love kids! Kids just make Christmas SOOOoooooooooo much fun. Even if it's crazy and hectic you'll miss it when they are grown.

Huntress: You go get yourself a tree, even if it's a tiny,tiny one. I took the easy way out this year and it sure has cut down on the frantic shopping. I got my kids, dnl and son's girlfriend a $30 gift for under the tree and then we're giving them money. They can get good buys after Christmas and get what they want. We aren't exchanging gifts with the rest of our family either. We all have everything we need and we always end up asking each other what we want anyway. Who says you can't just enjoy each others company over a good meal anyway.

DNW: Hope you are having a great time.

Jello: Vegas....I wanna go. Only been once and had a great time. Lots of ......... and we'll keep our fingers that you come home with a suitcase full of $'s.

Tig: I ordered some of those brownies but haven't baked them yet.

Cafe: Whiplash in the shower!!!!!!! Oh man, what we could do with that one. Really I know it's not funny but you gotta admit.... well you are one of a kind. We love ya!

Jujubeee: I'm usually the cow's tail (last one) of the bunch, but welcome to the group. Look forward to getting to know you.

Bright: You're going to have to whip us into shape around here, sounds as if you are on the right track.

I know I'm missing someone, but hey, I had another birthday and I'm entitled to a slip up now and then.........

Well girls, gotta get busy.

Last edited by SEMO; 12-17-2002 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:52 PM   #113  
DNW

Talking I'm B-a-a-c-c-k-k!!

Boy did I miss all of you...and not posting didn't help with the food either...I was good for about 3 of the 5 days I was gone and then well...I just ate what I wanted. However, owing to the fact that I am part of the December 3-point challenge and also Semo's exercise challenge I did exercise 3 days so I didn't totally bomb out.

It was sort of hard not to eat since we were in restaurants 3 times a day. At first I said oh I am just going to enjoy the trip for the trip's sake and not make food a fun part of it. But then all the restaurants in Lake Placid are really great...I mean really great!!

And also DN and I really had a very nice time together away from it all....after 12 years together sometimes it seems that all we do is fight because we are both so pig-headed and strong-willed. But we love each other madly and when we go away we slow down and have honeymoon time. It works everytime!! So of course feeling all warm and cozy it was just a perfect time to indulge....with everything!! But I am so afraid to get on the scale.

I did,however, write down everythign I ate and stayed true to the last cookie... ...who said cookie? Wasn't me I never had a cookie.... Anyhow...

Huntress: I was referring to our shopping not being done...and waiting until the last minute to do it....sorry I was so cryptic!!

Semo: Congratulations Sagittarius...I am one too...celebrated on the 3rd! Also congrats on your baby son's graduation too.

Cafe: Sorry about your neck...but I understand...whenever I put my back out...its always in my sleep..I swear to God...I'll go to sleep fine and wake up a cripple...go figure.

Dyan: Glad to hear that you are not in any danger with all the flooding but I feel the same way about driving in bad weather. I hate it with a capital "H".

Jello: I hear you about the office Xmas party crap. Except at my company they did away with it all together. Now they give us a cheapo luncheon in the cafeteria, whoopeee...whoop....whoop
Also that lasty minute thing with the boss...I always have a doctor's or chiropractor's appointment so I never am able to stay...they got the hint after awhile..and really what can they say...don't go to the doctor..you're not doing it on company time. You're being a good employee and doing after work

Tiger: Sorry you are still so sad about the cat. Hope I didn't sound callous in my last post suggesting a turtle. I still miss my Addison and he has been dead over 3 years...we had him for 16 1/2 years and he was the best and smartest and most loving cat...the rest so far have been half wits or totally, like my current Rosie...still unapproachable after 2 years...except when she wants more food.

Jujubee: Welcome and as far as the phentermine...there have been many lawsuits against the makers because of irreversable lung and heart damage after short and long term use. Not everyone who took the drug got the damage but many people who took it as directed did. Also with Xenical (my husband works for the drug company that make it) you can't have more than 30% fat in each of your meals otherwise you get oily stools...which I think you have already found out...but good luck anyway. Try journaling your food at fitday.com, I swear it has really helped me not eat my face off for the past 3 months and I have lost 13 lbs.

Tiffany we love you and miss you...please let us know you are OK..and if you are not let us know...we care alot!!

Love to anyone else I may have missed. I need to go to bed..I am exhausted and need to be at the gym at 6:30 AM tomorrow...
Old 12-18-2002, 04:39 AM   #114  

Hi DNW! It's so good to see you back and that you had a good time on your trip. I am the worlds worst about waiting until the last minute to shop and do it every year and swear I'll never do it again. I just have a hard time figuring out what to get everyone especially my mom. We went shopping on Friday and the whole time she was saying she wanted this or that and was buying the stuff for herself. Geez, give me a break mom..........
Oooops, sorry about that I got carried away.

Gosh I can't believe it's already Wednesday, this week is flying by. This weekend is going to be a crazy one with shopping I have to do and parties to go to. Monday is our office party and then we will be off Christmas Eve and Day. At least I already have the gifts for my sister, her husband and my niece.

Anyways, I am still doing well with my eating but I did have some of those individual Mounds candies yesterday. I crave something sweet every day after lunch and decided to buy a package of miniatures so I could have one ( it was supposed to be 1 single one) every day. Stupid idea, nuff said. At least my scales are moving down a tiny little bit, this morning I'm at 187. My friend is nagging me to do the Atkins with her after the 1st of the year, she says it gets easier as she goes along, but I doubt seriously if I will. Don't know why I keep bringing this up except that she keeps talking about it and shes doing so good that I am jealous. I am simply too attached to my snacks and things and would rather eat whatever I want in moderate portions than give up the things I like.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...........

LJ
Old 12-18-2002, 10:06 AM   #115  

Hi girls, I took a vacation day today and haven't decided what I will do. If I don't get my shower and get dressed this may be it for the day!! The weather is very warm and windy, a good combination for storms to brew. Like most Missourians say "If you don't like our weather today stick around and tomorrow it will be different." We had ice storms last week and at 9:00 am this morning it's 57 degrees.

DNW: Happy that you had a good get away with that DN of yours. Think it good when you can indulge in one anothers undivided attention.

Well, not much going on so I'm heading for the shower.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:26 AM   #116  

Morning!

DNW: SO glad yor back! Missed ya so much.

Huntress: I hear ya about the whole Atkins thing. I've thought about and thought about it....Yeah, it would be glorious to lose weight quickly, but in the long I can see it ALL (and then some) coming back. I too, love my foods. Personally I count calories, which means if I want 1/4 w/ cheese I can have it. I just try to stay within my range. If I want a candy bar, I go for it. All within range. While pregnant w/ my son, I was borderline diabetic and was told no bread, pasta, rice, etc.... I was like WTF? Without bread, it's not a sandwich , it's just meat and cheese on a plate. No crackers, no tortillas....it was crazy. I finally convinced my Dr. to let me have my starches and what not. I promised to do it moderation. Funny thing.....Once someone tells you you CAN'T have something, you crave it. W/ my last, it was full blown. Had to check my blood sugar 6 times a day and inject insulin into my stomach! (I have a terrible needle phobia, if ya remember) It was just awful. I still cry just talking about it. I'm such a baby. And EVERY TIME (I had to give myself 2 shots a day) I had to concentrate on my baby, to get through it. Thankfully we are both fine now. And let me tell you, AS SOON AS SHE WAS OUT, I was like someone PLEASE get me some chocolate, NOW!! .

Okay....don't cha just love the way I go way off topic? I am getting more and more excited about Friday. I'll be here for 4 hours and then I'm threw with this pit! BBBUUUAAAAHHHHAAAAHHAAA (evil Laugh) . Got some leads at another site and expect to hear from the Manager the week of the 30th, so . If I get it, I'll start on Jan. 6th. So I will apply for unemployment on Friday and try to enjoy the next few weeks off.

Gotta go, peoples are coming....
Old 12-18-2002, 12:36 PM   #117  
Long Lost Chickie

Ooh Semo! A day off with nothin' to do and all day to do it? Sounds good to me! I've decided that I'm going to do that at least once a month next year. Take a vacation day from work with no plans in mind. I'll spend the whole day in my jammies if I wanna!

Nurse, good to see you! Sounds like a great trip. Not that I'm jealous or anything. But I'll bet it was darn cold up there, huh? Guess you just had to cuddle up to stay warm and all. Oh what a shame.

Ah man, Huntress, now I'm craving Mounds bars! Love those stupid things. I'm like you. Can't buy a bunch and limit myself to one a day. Nope. Not gonna happen. It's easier not to have any at all. Not nearly as much fun though....

Well it's already noon Wednesday. Week is flying by. We had a meeting at the VFW for next year's parade last night. They'd originally scheduled the meeting for ... get this ... 7PM on December 31. Yeah right. That's gonna happen. Most of us were able to get the powers that be (who apparently have no lives) to reschedule it for last night. So that's one more thing out of the way while I gear up for this weekend.

Oh yeah. Weighed in last night too....

In other news.....

Oh, OK. I confess. It wasn't great. Gained 1.4 lbs. Guess it'll be a challenge to undo that over the holidays. Since our class is Tuesday nights, we don't have to come in for the next two weeks because it'll be Xmas Eve and NY Eve. But I cannot possibly skip two weeks and stay on track!!! I'll have to find another day. And since it'll have to be AFTER Christmas (I'll be in Vegas before then) I'll have to be VERY VERY good for Christmas.

Yes, Santa, I'll be good. I promise!

Gotta run. Boss approaches....
Old 12-18-2002, 12:58 PM   #118  

Hey, welcome back SEMO and DNW!

Jello - WTG on the gym time! And Huntress - congrats on the loss. I'm proud of you both!

Dyan, I want your energy - right now! LOL.

Tig - Hows the woodpile? I *love* wood fires.

Well, on the 5th day of constant pain I broke down and decided I needed some treatment - NOW! I went to the chiro so that's good. My muscles are still sore, of course, and will be until they heal, but I had to do something. So I'm still hurting but I want to sound more hopeful, LOL.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:10 PM   #119  
Long Lost Chickie

Was just sittin' here thinkin'....

Next weigh-in will have to be Thursday, December 26.
One after that will have to be either Monday, December 30 or Thursday, January 2.

Should I weigh in the Monday before New Years Eve or should I wait until after and be brave and (hopefully) stay on track at any NY festivities?

If I go Dec. 30, it'll only be 4 days after the one before it. But if I wait until after New Years....

What do you guys think? You'll note that not going at all for 2 weeks is NOT an option.

Either way, my mini-goal for end of 2002/beginning of 2003 is:

Current 184.2
Mini-Goal 181.2 or less
Old 12-18-2002, 09:23 PM   #120  
I'm back again

Hi Everyone!

Wrestled my computer from, not only kids, but a family member who needed to do some scanning.... sounds like everyone is busy!

Cafe--so sorry about your neck! Hope the chiropractor helped! I did "something" to a muscle in my lt. arm and had to live with ibuprofen, ice packs, a sling, and total rest of my lt. arm for several days....not fun. Have you tried any of the above or heat packs? Hope it is better soon.

DNW--sounds like you had a wonderful time! way to go on the 3/5 days staying on track! what a challenge to overcome!

Jello---my weigh in is Tues. also. Guess I better call or see if our noon meeting is canceled. Never thought about them not being there on Xmas eve since I have to work!

Dyan---you whirlwind, girl! Sounds like so much fun to splash in the rain....you are such a fun mommy! These are the days your kids will remember! Good luck on the job leads.

SEMO---you got it right on that weather thing, just wait and see....we'll probably have that white Christmas, also, or some dreaded ice storm! Happy Birthday and congrats on baby boy's graduation--quite a milestone for both of you.

Huntress---I know what you mean...took me a while to get any Christmas spirit. I just started pulling out the things last weekend and I usually start after T-giving Day...got some cinnamon-y candles---and put lights in the windows and over the porch and I feel better. My teenage daughter, who is never home, put up the tree last week on her own for the very first time. I think she was actually nudging me along.... Got alot of presents bought but the traffic is so bad, as you know, and I don't like going in the dark so I've had to sacrifice a few lunch hours for shopping. Oh well, getting it done is getting it done. Gift certificates are the way to go for those hard to buy for people, for sure! Find those old Christmas videos, some cocoa, and snuggle on the couch for a night....you'll feel better, guaranteed!

Tiger---good for you on the wrapping, girl! Don't have a clue where to get those brownies...we don't have that trading joe's place 'round here. Love to have the taco soup recipe when you get a chance. WE are eating alot of crock pot soups lately with the weather being colder.

You know people....I just keep thinking: this is one single, solitary day that we are doing all of this for! And it is smack dab in the middle of the week! I go back to work on Thursday, as if nothing had happened that week. What a reality shocker when you are not a kid anymore and you don't get that "Christmas Vacation".

On a lighter note....I lost 2 1/4 # at weigh in this week! Can't believe that I am actually going to have to continue to exercise more for this to work! The realization has hit, after I increased my exercise time with my treadmill this week, that this is the only way for the weight to come off for good...

195/188(current)/176(-10% goal)/135(end goal) total lost=7#!
Closed Thread