General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 08:03 PM   #76  
I'm back again

You betcha, SEMO! Sorry about your Dad. I remember when my Grandfather died close to Christmas....our presents came in a big box instead of at a celebration at my grandparent's house...I will never forget that....he was my favorite grandpa.

Dyan---always making me laugh! I can relate to alot of that....which is scary, come to think of it!

Huntress---Christmas is NOT the same when they are big...I get lists of what to get or it's just money they want. What do I get to use my newest style wrapping paper on? No fun at all! Found a good paperback to read while I'm treadmilling....makes the time pass quicker (since I don't have a TV close to mine) and I don't get so bored. I have to have music on though, also, to keep the rhythm so I'm walking to the music and trying to hold on to my book!

Way to go, Jello! I am bound and determined to catch up with you! Treadmill every night this week and already hit the wts. at lunch today.

Hey to DNW, Cafe, Tiff, Kayla, Tiger. I finally get to get on here thru the week and you all disappear! Hope you are finishing that Christmas shopping (unlike myself) and doing well.

Good day today on all 3 points---I'll take it!

" Bright"
Old 12-12-2002, 06:06 AM   #77  

He's gone. Jasper the cat left last night. It was so much harder than I thought it would be. Cat was freak'n out, youngest son cried loudly, oldest son held it together but was upset. I couldn't sleep for crap and can't get it out of my mind. Wonder how long I'm gonna feel this way. Don't have much of an appetite anyway....harness the positive.

Dyan, cute tshirt sayings. pms/madcow

Got a little bit of the Grinch in me too. It started with all the financial stuff...knee surgery, broken thumb, ear infections, glasses...booville! Now the cat. ugh. But with the kids, I've gotta try to pull it together. Tree still sit'n here with no decorations. Will get the lights on today so kids can do decorations this evening....if there is time after the band concert.

Jello way to go on the loss!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:12 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Mornin all!

How's life with you ladies? I'm doin okay, and that's good. As yo all know the past few months have been very stressful for me, w/ the job, surgery and just plain day to day life. But I am strong, and will make it through whatever is thrown my way.

I so have not been OP as I had hoped to be. But again, I was up at 4:30am and have gotten in all my water. Now let's see how the eating plays out. I have been eating like a mad woman late at night, and we all know that I'm NOT hungry, I'm just....don't know.....bored, stressed, anxious, lonely, the list goes on. But I have got to get through this without gaining anymore weight! I want the second digit to start w/ a 5, and will try my best to get there before the new year. As of this morning that would be a loss of 8 pounds. I weigh in Saturday and it's TOM, but there is still some kind of hope, if I can just get my arse in gear!

I want to say to all the losers and maintainers! ANd for the rest of us, we can do this. We've come this far, and one pound lost, is still one pound lost.

Have a great day.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #79  
DNW

Red face This is going to be a long post

OK I am going away today on vacation and will not write until late in the day on Tuesday, 12/17/02. Hope everyone does well. I was thinking last night that this time last year I would be so deep into the cookies and all the other crap that is so available this time of the year. But I am only a little into the crap and I am exercising. For those of us who think we are not doing as well as we could…think about where you were this time last year and you will see the improvement. It’s not important to do it perfect it’s important to try and do it, and we are trying. Let’s be proud we have the self-confidence to try at all! I will miss you all…and if I can get on a computer on the hotel I will post!!

Dyan: I think you are just catching up with the food because of how sick you were before you got the GB out. It will slow down, my sister did the same thing, and she is back on program now, it took her a while though. Then again you are going through a tremendous amount of stress right now…give yourself a break, you’re human…..

Tiger: Know just how you feel about having to get rid of the cat...put two to sleep in the past five years because of severe illness, and it hurts and the guilt is enormous...so even if you just left the door open and the cat wandered out...the guilt is still there. The kids will get over it, get ‘em turtles or something that doesn’t pee all over. Hope you get your tree trimmed.

Semo: Xmas also sucks for me since my mother died 7 years ago...she died in mid November...but the pall for me hits nearer to Xmas cause she really loved it. One Xmas my niece and nephew trimmed the tree for her under her meticulous direction for 5 hours, and when they were done, she took it down and re-trimmed it herself. What a woman!! But we laugh about that now and also miss that time.

Huntress: I also have not finished and I really promised myself I would not do this again...nobody has to BS me, I do such a great job of it to myself!!

Tiffany: Please come back...repeat this to yourself until you get it...the women on the thread love me and do not care if I am eating my face off or whatever else I'm doing...they just want to talk to me...now come on...you are starting to worry us and it's not fair!!

Brighter: You are doing fine, and consider the fact that at least you are making the attempt.

Jello: You go girl…you lost the 3 lbs. I gained back so now you know where they went….but again, congratulations on the hard work!

Ok here is a muffin recipe that I have been playing around with that I originally got from the BFL recipe site, and you girls know how much they love me there!! This has 210 calories per muffin, and the size of the muffin is pretty decent. Each muffin has 8 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and 40 grams of carbs. And get this…the best part only 1.75 grams of fat, of which .33 is saturated, which is less than 1/3 of a gram of saturated fat….I love them and hope you will too!. It’s like eating cake, but with practically no flour in them and they are very moist.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 cups of whole oatmeal (not instant)
½ cup of flour
8 oz. of egg whites. (Use the prepackaged stuff)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of almond extract, or an extract of your choice
1 cup of Splenda
1 ½ cups of fresh cranberries
2 cups of chopped fresh “Delicious” apples
12 oz. can of fresh pumpkin

Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together. Then mix both dry and wet together. The batter should hold together well and be the consistency of cookie dough, it should not be thin and creamy like cake batter. If you need more of something to hold it together add more oatmeal. It should stick on the spoon an not fall off.

Spray good sized muffin cups with PAM and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I freeze them as soon as they are cool, because there are no preservatives, to my knowledge. They will rise a bit while baking but not a heck of a lot.

Let me know how you like them!

Last edited by DNW; 12-12-2002 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:56 PM   #80  

Happy Birthday to Me..Happy Birthday to Me...

Wished I was happy about it, Yipes, guess the alternative wouldn't be so great tho.

Would have taken today off but my boss and another salesman from here are in Cancun with their wifes. Oh yeah secretaries, you do a great job, work harder next year (pat on the back).......do I sound bitter, not to mention the big bonus they get and I don't, who do they think takes care of everything for them? Okay I'm through whinning. I can only hope to get one of their big raises........ quarter an hour. Dang, I really am done this time.

On to happier thoughts, youngest son is graduating from college this Saturday. Thank God. DH told him that he and I would be standing up, doing the wave when they call his name. This last one was a lot harder to get through than the first. Now if only he can find a good job.

Well, since I don't have anything really GOOD to discuss I'll come back when I'm in a Christmas-merrier mood.

(((hugs)))
Old 12-12-2002, 01:23 PM   #81  

SEMO:

Happy Birthday to ya...Happy birthday to ya....happy birthday....
Old 12-12-2002, 03:25 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Happy Birthday SEMO! Happy Birthday to you!

Hi all, just stopped in to say "HI". I'm very tired today, got up at 1:30 am this morning and I have to get my son at the airport tonight. Since I probably won't be here for a few days due to exhaustion hope you all have a nice weekend.

LJ
Old 12-12-2002, 04:28 PM   #83  

Default Can I join you?

I am trying again for the umpteenth time this year to drop 100 pounds. I've given up on any kind of strict diet at all. I know whatever I do I will have to be able to eat some of the foods I love and drink an occasional Pepsi. I'm hoping if I just make healthier choices & limit myself to 1 pepsi a day I can do it.
I'm back on my phentermine. I got them a couple of years ago but just took them off and on. The Dr's don't like prescribing them for some reason and I seem to have gotten this silly mentality that I have to "save" them. Therefore I was taking them very sporadically so they never had a chance to work. I do know I develop a tolerance to them quickly so I'm going to make the best of it while I can. For me they work wonderfully and give me the extra will power I need right now. Is anybody else here taking diet drugs? I hope that is not a no-no in this thread!
I am turning 40 in Jan. I am divorced w/2 kids. I've never been one to be hung up on age but I can feel the gloom coming over me with this one approaching.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:54 PM   #84  

Hi Jujubee and Welcome!

Firstly, let me say that while I am not opposed to anyone taking meds to help them lose weight.....be careful. If you have drugs that are outdated they may not be safe to use. Our thread is exactly what it means, we are all doing our "own" thing. I approached losing weight similar to what you are considering, simply cutting back but still eating things that I like and that are part of my normal eating patterns. While I have slipped along the way and am currently at a standstill I have still managed to lose 35 pounds and keep it off. You can do it just remember that you didn't gain that extra weight over night and you're not going to lose it that quickly either. You have to make this a lifestyle change and not just another "diet".

So, I just checked and already my son's plane is behind schedule. I hope they can make the time up in the air or something because I already feel like I'm gonna pass out from lack of sleep. This whiny titty baby needs her beauty rest and when she gets woken up in the middle of the night it sure ain't a pretty sight!

Anyways............where the heck is Tiffany? I cannot believe she is doing this again!

For the life of me I cannot figure out what DNW was saying to me, anyone able to share some light on that for me? LOL
Gotta go check on dinner, adios

LJ
Old 12-12-2002, 10:54 PM   #85  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Happy Birthday, SEMO! Hope you have had a good day! Cancun---oh, please! I wanna go!

Huntress---what got you up at 1 am, girl? Did I miss a post?

Jujubee---welcome! As Huntress has said, we are all doing our own thing. I'm doing WW points and have lost 6# and gained 1 1/2 lately. I'm hoping my treadmill and my wt. program will get me back in the negative. Don't know much about phentermine but I know there are lots of lawsuits out there re: phen/fen drugs so I'm guessing you are on the drug that is not on the recall list. Err on the cautious side, girl. Especially since you, I'm guessing, have two young ones to take care of.

DNW---I'm getting there....have a nice trip to the Lake.

Tiffany---"ally-ally-outs-in-free" ( Just in case the game is hide-n-seek).

Dyan---it took me awhile to get back in the swing this last time, also. It will come, all in good time.... Give yourself some more healing time---you are missing a portion of your digestive system and your body is probably trying to figure out how to process your food without that stored bile. It may take some time to feel 100%. I've always wondered how we could do without gallbladders. There must be an adjustment somewhere in our bodies.

Hey to Tiger, Kayla, Cafe, and all I've missed.

"Bright"
Old 12-13-2002, 07:49 AM   #86  

Things are still sad in cat world. Everytime I go in his room, aka the laundry room, my heart sinks. The room is full of cat do-dads. Guess it's time to redecorate.

I had Captain Crunch for breakfast this morning. When I was pouring it in the bowl I was thinking I should dump it back in the box...but didn't. It wasn't that good, wont eat it again. Shouldn't buy it for my kids either. spank me.

Welcome Jujubeee. I've never tried weightloss drugs either. I just try to eat smaller balanced meals and log my food. I'd like to say I exercise, but haven't been doing it lately. I'm in a rut and wish I could join the gym. Bored with the home exercise videos.

Tree's decorated! Finally. I think my kids were starting to get worried. Now, if I could just finish up the shopping...

Old 12-13-2002, 08:34 AM   #87  

Lightbulb

Since I seem to need a good kick in the butt, I was thinking maybe a refresher course in everyones favorite healthy lifestyle tips would be helpful.

My two favorites...and usually easy to follow

QUIT EAT'N TWO HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME
CARRY A BOTTLE OF WATER EVERYWHERE

Help me out here, I've fallen and can't get up.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:39 AM   #88  

She ain't heavyyyy.........she's my sister. C'mon Tigerlily, I'll give you a lift. Sorry about your kitty......
Captain Crunch - mmmm I love it but it leaves a nasty sugar film all in my mouth and teeth, GROSS. Just keep trying, that's all we can do. Gotta go now, boss is lurking.

LJ
Old 12-13-2002, 11:39 AM   #89  

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

Tigerlily. I meant to include a message to you in my first post. I'm so sorry about your kitty. My cat of 17 years passed away almost 2 months ago. It is still difficult for me. This is obviously my first Christmas without her and maybe another reason I am so down and not quite in the spirit. I always used to say she was my first child and she was the oldest of my pets and kids. It is difficult for so many to understand the bond some people have with their pets. I was constantly told that she "lived a long life" and was "in a better place now". All that may be true but that doesn't mean I don't miss her and still love her dearly..

On to weight loss.......The phentermine I am taking is still good. It doesn't expire until late next year. I go to see my Dr at the end of this month and I'm going to see if he will prescribe me some more. I would feel better being under a Dr's care and him knowing about it. I do have high blood pressure however it is controlled with medication so they were willing to prescribe it for me. I think I'm also taking a lower dosage. Miine is 15 mg while I see alot of them are 30 mg. I also have some Xenical but am reluctant to use it. My job is such that if I have to go to the bathroom I have to call somebody in and there may be a bit of a wait. Not only that but the bathroom is very close by and any sounds could be heard.
I bought a Total Gym last night. A friend of mine was selling it for $100.00. Only problem is she didn't have the manual so I don't know how to use it. I went to their website hoping to find instructions but all they have is a link to their "totalgymworkout" which is 20.00 per month. I'm going to check around the internet and see if I can't find something with instructions on how to use it.
This is day 4 of my healthier lifestyle. I'm still doing pretty well. I've limited myself to 1 pepsi a day and I've done a little more nibbling than I should but overall I'm doing much better.
Old 12-13-2002, 11:56 AM   #90  

Mornin......

Tig ~ sorry to hear about your cat, I've never had a pet, so I'm hoping that it becomes a little easier on you.

Ju ~ Welome! I'm a little slow.....but don't tell no body . I told phen phen about 6 years ago, BEFORE all the hoopla. And like Huntress said, we are all doing our own thing. Some are doing WW others, like my self, count calories, but mostly we are all trying to do what we KNOW works. Water, Exercise and watching the food intake.

Brighter ~ Thanks! Sometimes we need to hear that it's okay if we're not 100%. I mean I know it's okay and to be expected, but sometimes, we need to hear it from others.

Cafe, Jello, Semo, Tiff ~ where are ya?

DNW ~ Your probably getting ready or are on your way to your vacation locale. Have a blast, we'll miss ya while your gone.
Closed Thread