General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 10:01 PM   #46  
DNW

Thumbs up If Tiffany Disappeared Again I am Going To Spit!!

Tiffany: Front and center young lady....now hear this: We do not care if you are eating your face off at this moment...we love you and we miss your wit and your warmth...just write and act as if you have the weight issues under control and you will...of course if you are just busy today then ignore me, everybody else does

Dyan: I hear you on the issues about wanting your kids to have a "home". Having grown up desparately poor, all I want is a home somewhere, far away from everyone. Actually I spent the first 10 years of my life in a three room house (there were 5 of us in one bedroom) if you can believe that...we rented it though, right next to a gas station...charming...no??

I do not want anyone above, below, to the left or to the right. I want to become a foster mother in my old age and bake cookies (for the kids of course), and make homemade jams, and of course since I am Italian, plant tomato plants and can them to make "gravy". We do not call it spaghetti sauce, forgettaboutit, it's macaroni with gravy...and I want a dog...and I want a room with my exercise equipment...and a snowblower...cause I think we're goin' to Vermont...of well I can dream can't I.

Tiger: About the pissin' cat...I think you can probably find out from the internet somewhere how to deal with that...I have heard it has something to do with the cat's feeling disoriented...and it also happens when you introduce a new animal into the house. Also the cat could be sick. I have had cat's for years but they only did that when they were very sick. But the cat could just be...oh forgive me...pissed off

Jello: Alot of calories are burned shoveling snow...alot..I shoveled for 4 hours today. We got about 8-9 inches here in Jersey, and I think I definitely qualify for that exercise point today.

Semo: Glad you are out of the hole...I knew you would be fine..we all have our time in the barrel of despair and desparation, but we are women, and we are strong. We always do the right thing eventually.

Cafe: How far north are you? You always talk about the cold north.

Huntress: Where are you today...shoveling the rest of the snow?

Gotta go...DN is wailing about something..did you ever see a 5'10" baby with a beard and a mustache...not pretty

Last edited by DNW; 12-05-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:29 AM   #47  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiffany! Hurry back!! I live entirely too close to Nursie to have her spitting! I could lose an eye or somethin'! Um ...
... you're not really eating your face off are ya? Gross!

Yeah Nurse, we got about the same amount of snow that you guys did. About 9 inches. Anything more than ZERO inches is too much! But you had a good point about exercise points shoveling the stuff.

Tiger, I'm going to ignore Nurse's really bad pun (pissed off cat ... honestly Nurse! ) and I'm going to agree with her. There might be something medically wrong with him. Maybe ask Dr. Vet?

Well, girls, we made it home in one piece yesterday and then Rich pried my fingers out of his dashboard and we went to work shovelling. Of course the snow was still falling so once you finish, well, you just start all over again. Good cardio workout!! Then we decided to trek the mile down to the VFW where they had a fire in the fireplace. Ahhh! Then back out for the walk home after the darned temperatures had dropped half a dozen degrees. Yikes! But climbing over the snow banks and trucking through almost a foot of snow must have burned off some calories, right?

I'm tryin' desperately to look at the bright side of this snow thing here. Work with me!

Sun's out today but the cold won't allow for much melting. Bummer. I'm ready for spring time, how about you guys?

TGIF! Hope you all have a good one!
Old 12-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #48  

LOL @ Dyan. Let's be honest, people who choose to remain celibate until marriage DO get married younger. It is what it is.

Yikes - ice, snow... Saw it all on the news this a.m. Hope you are all staying warm and have your power on.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:17 AM   #49  
I'm back again

Happy Friday to all!

Just checking in before going out to shovel snow, also. Off today for a vacation day and got some of that lovely snow and ice as a present too for the past few days.

Haven't been on the post for the 3 point challenge yet. Bad weather changed my lunch time weight lifting schedule this week and all I can count is snow shoveling for exercise.

Weighed in Tuesday and was down 1 1/2 #! That was good considering that I was not always OP all of those days. Going to shovel snow and walk on Treadmill this weekend and see if I can drop a few more by next Tuesday. I went up 3/4# during TOM two Tuesdays ago but that's better than the usual 3-5 I gain at that time each month....

Huntress---still reading the Atkins diet? I have tried to incorporate some of his info (lower carbs) and some of the principles of Michael Thurmond's diet (lower carbs, low fat meats, veggies and fruits) into my planning. I still eat the same breakfast I ate on the Michael Thurmond's diet---2 egg whites scrambled with minced onions, mushrooms, (occas. green peppers and you can chop these, and the onions up days ahead and put them in sandwich bags in the refrig), 1 svg. fat free shredded hash browns, and for flavoring I add 1 thin slice of ham, chopped, or 1 tbs. imitation bacon bits. It makes a nice omelet for breakfast that is, at the most, 4 points and takes me thru to a midmorning snack at 9 or 10 am ( I eat early at 5-6am). I'm a person who likes bacon, eggs, and toast for breakfast so it gives me my kind of breakfast. Now....if I could get supper under control.....

Hi to Cafe, SEMO, Tiger, DNW, Tiff, Jello, and Dyan. Hope you all have a nice weekend and can keep warm.

Gotta go...gonna try to get back in the next few days. A few rare weekend plans.

"Bright"

P.S. Total # lost now since 102902= 6 pounds (about a # a week, I guess) Moving slow.....and got lots more to go.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:36 AM   #50  

Ooo! More posts to read.

Bright, the Omlette sounds yum! I'm copying right now.

DNW, I guess I shouldn't complain so much - things could be worse, I could be in Canada! > (No offense to any friends across the border) But it's a far cry from sunny So CA. I loved it when I lived there.

Jello, your trek through the winter wonderland sounds great!

Tiger, I bet the cat's not the only one who's pissed off! I have heard that isolation and gradual reintroduction can help cats who forget their boundaries, too. But I'm kind of a hard-nose about cat pee... I like having them around, but ruin my house?
Old 12-06-2002, 11:36 AM   #51  

Good Morning Ladies...........TGIF

The sun was out yesterday and melted all the bad stuff off the roads but everything else is covered in ice. I must say that it looks so pretty today, like a winter wonder land. Everything is covered either in snow or ice and just twinkles when the sunlight hits it.

Daymn, I was just courious as to why you would just pick Utah. I always wonder, when people make a move without it being job related, why they pick a certain area to live. I grew up on a farm, yes with real animals, and then DH and I moved to St Louis for six year and we both hated it. Don't think it would bother me now to live in a city and would enjoy having so many different things to do. Guess there's always pros and cons to every location.

Cats............Ugh, we have one from [email protected]'m not a fan of cats, but my youngest son has loved them from the day he was born...... this is his cat and of course he couldn't take it to college so......... poor thing, she thinks her name is Damn Cat!

I'll be out of the office on Monday, I have a meeting in Memphis. Well we like to call it a meeting but it's really a Christmas luncheon for all the secretaries.

Gotta run, boss is gone today and I have some invoices to do.

You guys be careful and don't over do it shoveling that white fluffy stuff.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #52  

TGIF! I am so ready for a "no alarm" Saturday morning!

About the cat...I talked to the vet a while back. They loaned me a great cat book called Twisted Whiskers. Lots of good info. Unfortunately, I think we have kitty issues that can't be cured. Neighbors have wild barn cats that like to stroll through our yard. I think the cat, even though he is fixed, feels the need to mark his territory. And, once he pees on something...it's trash. Can't get rid of the smell...I may not be able to smell it, but he always will...and he'll go on it again. Five rugs in the trash and counting. The last straw...he went on youngest sons bed. Can't have it. So, that's about the cat.
On the topic of pets, DH thinks the iguana broke his leg. I'm clueless. Wish he could leave too...the iguana, not DH.

Can ya believe youngest DS wants me to get off the internet so he can receive a phone call. He's 6!

I'll be back.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:51 PM   #53  

SEMO - Damn cat, LOL! I think my cat is bored. He does things when we're (finally, to him) home to get our attention. The latest trick he picked up is jumping on top of the TV and batting the antenna out of focus if I'm watching it!

~drinking my diet coke, needed something on a Friday
Old 12-07-2002, 12:58 PM   #54  
I'm back again

Hey all!

Weekend plans changed..Christmas shopping, instead!
Lots of walking today!

Cafe and Tiger and SEMO--we once had a cat but the pee thing is a little more than I can handle, along with the clawing of my furniture---my sister in the country adopted her.

Just dropped by...gotta go do laundry and vaccum before the shopping trip.

Have a warm one!

"Bright"
Old 12-08-2002, 07:58 PM   #55  
DNW

Thumbs up See The Holidays Kill My Food Plan

Having a hard time since Thanksgiving eating the right stuff. Also Deadnurse and I are going to Lake Placid for 4-5 days starting this Thursday for a small vacation. That means all my meals will be eaten out...oh joy! Will have to go on breakfast, small snack for lunch, and reasonable dinner or I am so screwed. Brighter congratulations on the loss...slow is better.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:35 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi All,

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. My daughter has been on the computer early in the AM when I usually log on. Feels like I've been gone forever.

Gave up on the Atkins diet, too hard but my best friend is doing it and has already lost 10+ pounds. I heard that it works real good but when you go back to eating regularly you gain the weight back quickly. No more trying quick fixes or fad diets for me, never works anyway. For me personally, moderation is the key. I just eat what I like in moderation and I don't obsess about food and worry about what I can and can't eat.

DNW - Lake Placid?.........didn't they make a movie with that name about a huge reptile. Have a good trip but don't go near the water... Just kidding, but really have a wonderful time!

OK, what's up with Tiffany now! Get your butt back here, don't do this to us again!

It's Monday morning again which means I gotta get going........

LJ
Old 12-09-2002, 09:02 AM   #57  
Long Lost Chickie

What do ya say we all boycott this thread until Tiffany comes back??? Nah, that wouldn't work I guess. But maybe she'll feel real guilty that I was even thinking of it and come back? Seriously, we miss you Tiff! You were one of the biggest reasons I joined this thread in the first place dammit! Now get back here!! ... please?

Weekend wasn't great. I made the bad decision to go to the mall on Saturday afternoon. Yikes! Me and half the population of planet Earth!! I picked up one or two things and got the outta there! Spent the rest of the weekend tearing down walls and basically demolishing the dining room. Ah, just love this home improvement stuff.

Nurse, I've always wanted to go up to Lake Placid. (I always think of winter olympic games when I hear about that place.) But maybe I'll go in the summer time, loving the snow and cold as I do. Not!

Huntress, I don't think Atkins would work for me either. Although, like you, I do know someone who's on it and it seems to work for her. Whatever.

Speaking of that, I met a woman yesterday who'd lost ... get this ... 160 pounds in 11 months!! She was doing a combination of Weight Watchers and going to the gym. Wow! Meanwhile another WW member and I sat there grumbling. How!? How!? How!? But we're not jealous or anything.

Have to run now. I'm going to the gym tonight. First time in over a week. I really don't want to go. Lost my ambition for it. It must be because it's cold and gets dark so early, etc. I just want to go home after work and stay there. But I'll do it, I guess.

Talk to you all later!
Old 12-09-2002, 10:03 AM   #58  

My body is going into shock. I ate an orange with a bottle of water first thing this morning...instead of the cheese danish and coffee I had all last week. AND, I did 15 minutes of yoga. There's a program on the Oxygen channel called "Inhale". It's an hour long. I couldn't do it for an hour. But, I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe something different is just what I needed.
Weigh-in was not good. 191. UP! But, I deserve it. I've been a baaaad, bad girl.

Jello, I went to the mall too. What were we thinking? It was horrid. Luckily I was alone. DH was home with the kids. I'm doing terrible getting my Christmas shopping done. The clock is ticking!

Groceries today, and another basketball game this evening. Somewhere in between, the day just vanishes.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:35 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning Ladies!

I am trying so hard to get back on the wagon. After reading what Jello wrote about some one losing over 100 pounds in 11 month, I have resolved to get back up no matter what! I had been pretty good. Had lost almost 50 pounds in about 5 months. So I have decided that I need to join the 3 point Dec challenge and be accountable. Look for me starting tomorrow.

SEMO in response to your question. We picked Utah, because my brother lives there and I have a few friends there. We want a change, however don't really know anyone in other states close to California. I have family in MN, IA, WI, TX & MS, but Utah is close enough for my mom and sisters to get to. No other reason than that really.

Have good day ladies.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:50 PM   #60  
DNW

Default I Also Have Been B-a-a-a-d!!

Tiger: Me too with the badness...and I said it awhile back this is absolutely the worst time of the year for me. But I am back on track this morning because of the 4-5 day trip starting this Thursday and I really have to be good when we are away. I just cannot gain back any of the 13 lbs. it took 3 months to lose...I will stick my head in the oven and turn it on Broil!!

Jello: When and if you decide to go to Lake Placid, think of staying at the Golden Arrow Hotel which is a Best Western, especially built for the games when they were there several years back. They have these fabulous rooms on the 5th floor that are actually suites and there are fireplaces and little balconies over looking Mirror Lake which is a small lake. DN and I stay there when we go to Lake Placid. Golden Arrow has an indoor pool, suana, steam room, and jacuzzi, and a small fitness room. They also have a restaurant on the premises and you can get a deal that includes breakfast and dinner with the room price. The room prices are very reasonable for a New York State ski area. They have a web site if you want to check it out, but it really doesn't do it justice.

Huntress: Sounds like picking an eating plan that doesn't make you obsess is the best plan for you. I just watch my calorie intake, cause I can't be bothered with eliminating this and adding that. Good Luck!

Semo: Hope you had a great day in Memphis..is that like in Memphis, Tenn. or is there a Memphis in Missouri?

Brighter: Hope your shopping day wasn't overly stressful...I hate shopping this time of the year.

Cafe, Dyan, and the long lost Tiffany: Much love and I hope all is well!

Last edited by DNW; 12-09-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Closed Thread