General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 04:41 PM   #1  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Doing our own thing #7

Well for crying out loud, can't you guys get a new thread started, or were ya waiting for me to come 'round and do it for ya?

Well, I wanted to apologize for not being here much. Little by little I felt the diet slipping away. Stopped journaling, stopped counting calories and before you knew it, I was at McDonalds eating double quarter pounders. When I started this diet in May I was 265, I had lost 35 pounds and was at 230. I am now up to 247. Sad? You bet. Mad? Oh yeah. Disappointed? That sums it up. I stopped being accountable to myself and that makes me so sad and upset with myself.

I need to be here and I need to at least check in once in the evening. As long as I come here, dieting and lifestyle changes are always in the back of my mind. When I don't come here, I put it all aside and don't even think of it.

I will basically round my weight up to 250, and after eating all day today, I imagine that is where I am. I am still 15 pounds down from my highest, but, oh when I think of where I COULD be....the tears roll.

I have not yet read all the back posts, but I will. I need to get myself back into the program and stay with you all. I am going to work on a page of goals and things that I HAVE to do every day whether I want to or not. Like exercise, drink water, eat healthy, check in with my friends, etc. That isn't too much to ask of myself.

Anyway, my love to all of you. I can say, honestly, that I am SO glad Thanksgiving is over and I can not wait for Christmas to be done.

I'm back girls, for whatever that is worth.

Tiffany
265/250/150
Old 11-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #2  
DNW

Talking Re: Yip-p-p-p-e-e-e-e-e It's Our Tiffy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I knew I knew it. I knew if we kept the thread long enough you'd get pissed and know you would have to come take over and get us back on track.....

Actually I was going to start one on Dec. 1st but was really waiting to see if you would come back to us. I just had this feeling you would show up today and I am so excited I was right by waiting. We really missed your posts so much and your enthusiasm and spirit.

Anyways, we need a December 3 point challenge desparately, my food has sort of stunk the past few days because of the holiday and I don't want to give up one pound of the 10 I lost in 3 months.

Please, please say you'll join in with me...and if you join everyone will follow.

Again so very glad you're back with us.

Love,
Carol Ann
Old 11-30-2002, 10:05 PM   #3  

Ok. I need a three point challenge. Especially to stay on track through the month. I have had WELL over a month of being naughty, and I think I could REALLY get back on track with a challenge. Tomorrow is the 1rst and I will start then.

Thanks for the warm welcome Carol Ann, I appreciate knowing that I was missed.

I have a friend at work that gave me a free pass to her gym for 7 days. The only thing is...we would meet there at 6 am, work out for a while and then she leaves and goes home to get ready for work, and I would have to take my clothes, makeup, deoderant, dryer, etc...in order to work out and then get ready for work. I am afraid that working out that early in the morning would KILL me by about 10:00 am. I am used to doing my workouts in the evening. But no one will go with me in the evening and I am TERRIFIED to work out in the evening by myself. (big scaredy cat) I need someone to go with me, so I can be accountable. But MAN, I hate the idea of getting up at 5 in the morning instead of 6:30....so I am thinking about that.

Well, Carol, I will start a three point challenge thread.

Talk to you tomorrow,
Tiff
Old 11-30-2002, 11:19 PM   #4  
DNW

I work out in the morning and it's not so bad once you're up and have your coffee or tea...really by the time I have my tea I am awake...and the nice thing is after the first few days you're OK well into the afternoon....try it....and at night you don't have to think about it til the next morning and by the time you're awake you're at the gym!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Happy Sunday morning! Last day of the long weekend and I am looking forward and dreading going back to work both at the same time. I've pretty much been a bum this weekend. Eating Thanksgiving dinner was no big thing, I didn't even have a slice of pie but the rest of the weekend I have sat on my big butt watching movies and eating. I am definately up for the 3 point challenge! Haven't gotten on the scale but I have a feeling it ain't gonna be pretty so I have chosen to stay away from it for right now.

Hey Tiffany - sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, it's good to have you back.

LJ
Old 12-01-2002, 12:34 PM   #6  

Good Morning All! Well, my Nashville Kids just left headed for home and Hubby took off to the coffee shop to catch up on the local gossip and here I am. You know I feel as if you gals are part of my family and I have to see what's been going on with all of you.

I have just been drifting and not really trying to eat right but I think the 3 point challenge will be of help.

Tiff, glad you're back, we missed ya.

Well, I have a ton of laundry to do so I'll see ya'll tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #7  

Hey, YAY!!! It is 12:32 in the afternoon and I have had some water and a yogurt. Gonna have a sandwich pretty soon. I try to eat VERY light through the day, because at night is when I want to get crazy with my food.

Do any of you have a cutoff for when you stop eating food in the evening? I am thinking after 7 in the evening....NOTHING. What do you think? Does that have any merit?

I am going back through my first posts for my information on Susan Powter. I am doing my charting again, and I am back to doing the "food with less than 30% fat or I am not eating it" thing. Susan Powter says she eats between 3 and 5 thousand calories a day, but it is all veggies, whole wheat foods, etc, and that she gets a lot of exercise. Well, DUH. She would have to.

Anyway, I am going back to my initial plan, which worked wonders for me. I just have to commit myself to charting my food again. I write it all down in my notebook that lays on the counter, and then put it into the computer in the evening, and after I chart it, I can check in here and say hello. Killing those 2 birds with one stone. Love it.

Talk with you later, I'm off to figure out what I am doing for exercise today.

Good to see you again, Semo and Huntress. I admire you both so much, even when you have problems staying on track, you are always here. I need to take a lesson from you.

Hugs,
Tiff
Old 12-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #8  
DNW

Red face What I do about Food after supper

I have committed to not eating after supper Tiffany, since I am like you and like a good hearty supper. But if I am really hungry I try for 94% Fat Free popcorn or I whip up a Strawberry freeze of frozen strawberries and Splenda with club soda and a little Fat Free Half and Half. This makes about a quart and a half and usually that really fills me up. You can freeze it a bit too and think of it as sherbet. I think the calorie count for this enormity I drink/or eat is about 2oo with the Half and Half or about 150 calories without it. It has saved me many a night from doing the dirty eating thing!

I also swear by Fitday.com because it has kept me rigorously honest about the amount of food I am eating, even when I overeat or eat junk I put it in there cause I refuse to fool myself any longer.

For food during the day I generally eat oatmeal in the morning (or peanut butter on a rice cake) and then chicken for lunch broiled with veggies. I try to stay away from too many carbs cause they make me retain water, but I do have macaroni once a week and pretty much a large portion (measuring eight ounces dry and then I cook it) 'cause the Sicilian in me just could not bare no macaroni at all..forgettaboutit!! Suppers are usually protein and veggies or some such thing. Also once a week I have cheeseburgers with no fat cheese which is icky if its not melted, but very good melted.

Last edited by DNW; 12-01-2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Default I'm BBAAaacckkk

Hey ladies!!

Just a quick note to let you all know that I'm doing fine. A little frazzled from our 12 hour drive home from Utah, but fine otherwise. I have a Dr. Appt tomorrow and don't see any reason why I can't go back to work. Bummmerr. I have so many posts to read and will try my best to get through them tomorrow, since I have a lot to do before returning to work!!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, prayers and caring. I hope to be posting regularly again tomorrow. Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2002, 04:35 PM   #10  

Hi Dyan - Glad to see you back and that you're feeling better. Hope everything goes well with the Dr's tommorow.

Tiffany - don't beat yourself up too badly, we all stumble along the path sometimes. You will get that extra weight off along with many more pounds so just keep trying.

Brighterdays - come back! come back!

This has been a totally boring day, just doing household chores and trying to get rid of the extra people that have been around here for the weekend........I know I'm horrible. Most of them are my sons friends and he left to go out of town yesterday and they are still here playing games on his computer.

I've been reading the Dr Atkins book I bought and honestly just don't think I can follow that program. I am going to make an effort to cut out sugar, etc but I cannot stomach the thought of eating mostly meat for the 1st two weeks. I bought a bunch of fresh veggies and fruit this weekend and made some chicken vegtable soup so I think I'll just concentrate on eating that stuff. I'm afraid that if I try to go too far I will crash and burn, you know, go hog wild eating junk food and sweets if I give up too much.

Guess I'll go work on the laundry some more, can't figure out where it all came from!

LJ
Old 12-01-2002, 05:19 PM   #11  
DNW

Talking It So Good To Have Everyone Back....

Hey...hey...hey.....it's a brand new day and month and we have a new 3 point challenge thread going for December if anyone is interested.

Tiff: Hope you get through the rest of the afternoon without too much trouble...and I am thinking about how psyched you keep us all the time and on track..keep doin' it!

Dyan: Sounds like you are doing great. Did you love Utah? I have only been to Bryce Canyon as part of a vacation some years back and also Powell Lake, but I was very impressed with that part of it. Tell us do you still want to move there after this vacation?

Semo: Hi there. I have an amazing amount of laundry myself and there is just Deadnurse and me. I wonder if someone dumped theirs in my basement and didn't tell me

Huntress: I don't recommend Atkins only because it's really hard on your kidneys with all that protein. Also going to the bathroom could become a real struggle after a few days if you know what I mean

Tiger: Did you get through T day without too much hassle?

Brighter: Speak up young lady we can't hear ya

As for me...it is so cold in Jerseyland today. It feels like deep February. I mean lips turning blue weather. I went for a walk and my legs were numb by the time I got home. This weather is so unusual for us. We haven't gotten cold days like this so yearly in the year for literally years.

The leftover pies and goodies are just about gone. Instead of cooking I have been nibbling and staying pretty close to calorie range. In any event I have just about had it with the crapola food anyway. Looking forward to uncomplicated eating except for two days this month...oops...make that 3...I forgot New Year's Eve.

I know I sound like everyone else but I am astonished it's the end of the year already and I haven't really done much Xmas shopping....I am going to be so screwed if I don't commit to buying one present every lunchtime for the next two weeks. I hate crowds and we have have so many of them out here.

Love to All!

Last edited by DNW; 12-01-2002 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2002, 11:05 PM   #12  
I'm back again

Hey all,

Glad to see everybody on here this weekend!

Tiff--welcome back, girl! Been there on the food thing....I think we all have...we will get thru December together though, ya hear? I've been wondering if a cut off time at night would work for me, also, since evenings are also my problem (have the fuzzy slippers/flannel pajama syndrome after I get home---its so warm and nice and I like to sit and watch some fav programs and snack). I've changed some of the snacks to low cal but it still adds up to WW pts. that I don't need. Been thinking about 8 pm...

DNW---hey girl! I'm here. Made it thru Thanksgiving and I'm looking at Christmas/New Years Day as just two more days to get thru, also. Had a family event this weekend that threw my eating into a tizzy, also, but I think I danced it all off, I hope!

Huntress---I'm here, girl. I'm ready for my first 3 point challenge today. I may not be able to post every day but I'll try to keep track and post as often as possible (kids on the computer in eve, and no way to post during work time). I can't do Atkins either, my body just doesn't accept that as healthy eating! Some people do very well with it, though, and they are starting to study it more in the medical community, so we'll see... I see more men doing well on it than women, have you noticed that?

SEMO---I have 1/2 my laundry done and it just keeps multiplying!
Some out of town family gone home, also. Great to see everybody but little sleep!

Dyan---Hey girl! Great to hear from you. Hope all was well with the trip and you are feeling better.

Tiger, Cafe, Kayla, Jello, and everyone I missed: hope you had a nice holiday!

Ready, set, go.....we are now entering December.

Caution: Curves Ahead

'Night all,
"Bright"
Old 12-02-2002, 06:47 AM   #13  

Monday morning all.........

DNW - I'm not a doctor and I don't know about the protein thing but I've been reading the book and some of it makes a lot of sense. The typical american diet consists of way too much fast food and processed stuff. To me that is the major focal point. I simply can't agree with anything that recommends you cut out most healthy fruits and vegtables with the exception of 2-3 cups of salad greens and berries a day. While he does note that further along in the plan you increase carb consumption it still doesn't seem to me that he encourages eating of most fruits. I haven't read the book in its entirety and I'm certainly not saying that it is a bad plan just not for me. I definately agree with the cutting out of sugar and white flour products and since diabetes runs in my family I am simply going to make an effort to eliminate a lot of those foods the best I can. Sorry to write so much, reading the book kinda turned on a lightbulb in my head that I can't seem to turn off.

Brighterday - Hey! It's good to see you, how in the world have you been doing? Don't know about you but I'll be glad when all these holidays are over.

OK, I didn't want to get up this morning, lazy I guess from the long weekend and I'm running late...........

LJ
Old 12-02-2002, 08:28 AM   #14  

Wow, 2 cups of coffee worth of posts to catch up on. Now that's what I like to see.

Monday Funday isn't feeling so fun. Think it's gonna take all week to recover from the Louisville trip. I'm exhausted. Don't know how DH dragged his peanut butt to work today. I couldn't wait to send the boys out to the bus. relief. relax. i wish. My brain wont let me relax. Too much to do. HOLY LAUNDRY! Sounds like it reproduced at everyones house this weekend. I have a mountain of it.

Tiff, welcome home honey!

I'm gonna try NOT to weigh in today. Try to have a good week, weigh myself next Monday.

I try to quit eat'n 2 hours before bedtime when I'm OP. Sometimes it's really hard with the kids sporting schedules.

3 point challenge sounds good to me, I need it.

Old 12-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #15  

Just a quick hello, I'm so happy to see everyone posting!

Youngest son is moving back home, he is graduating from college on the 14th. OMG I have to make room for more stuff!

I'm cutting back on purchasing so many gifts for Christmas and in making that decision I have cut back somewhat on stress. I am still doing the FlyLady thing, and all I can say is WHY didn't I know about this years ago. I am organized at work but just couldn't seem to do it at home. Can't tell you what a relief just knowing that I am slowly working on it and getting there has been for me. Here again I think that there are a lot of the same principles that apply with trying to be healthier too.

I haven't put up the tree yet and hope to get that done this week. I did manage to do some crafting yesterday tho and it was fun.

Talking about Adkins diet not working for you Huntress, you might want to look at Suzane Summers. On her diet you do not mix carbs with protien/fat foods, and when you do eat carbs you should eat whole grain. Just a thought that you might want to look into it. But then we all know how to lose weight it's just the sticking to that's the down fall.

Gotta run, work is backed up from being off.
Closed Thread