General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #511  

Ok, then I guess Leslie Sansone's walks shouldn't be too strenuous.

FlaminRed, I think carrots are OK. On the AW site, they do have recipes with carrots. Personally, I would limit them though because of their high sugar content, compared to other vegetables. And, in case you didn't see our earlier conversation on Stir Fry, it is quite filling. Here's my version:

Eggplant
Mushrooms
Onion
Miracle Noodles (A true miracle)
Vegetable Broth
Bragg Liquid Aminos

You can do this with green and red peppers, water chestnuts, etc., but whatever vegetables you choose should not exceed the 1.5 lbs. Anyway, the Miracle Noodles add incredible texture when tossed into the mix, and eaten at dinnertime, this dish is filling.

Revelio, your link, even changing the comma to a dot, goes nowhere.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #512  

Sophiessnowangel, about your mini-goals continuing...AW is addictive, huh? It's great to see how it can change your body.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #513  

S/C/G: 243/227.6/150

Height: 5'9"

Christmas time is always a hard time, specially since every social thingy includes food of the worst kind!! lol My first set I amdown 11lbs, very cool, not to bad,the night if the christmas party I did okay but didin't restrain, ate some fruit and veggies...with dip. Recovered and kinda struggling this set, with timing, milk day only got 12 oz down before 6 and the veggie day ended and I realized I had only had some fruit. On the upside,I guess I wasn't hungry tillthat night when I had finally slowed down. Today was like that too, but I caved and had a peice of chicken.
So far this set I am down 5 more lbs. So 15 days 16 lbs. Weigh in tomorrow!!??
Hang in there y'all it really does work!
I am excited to see my son ( he is away at college) I wonder if he will notice the difference I feel and see. What an adventure!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 192/184/135

Height: 5'6"

Good job!

Thanks for the recipes. Also I think you posted the 3 day diet, I'm still waiting for info from my friend to do this, but if I can do that until she gives the info to me, that would be great! Can you send me the link to it? TIA

I don't live where they have the Walden foods stuff or where the Miracle Noodles are and I am nervous to buy a big pack of them, then not like them. I also need to try to like previously not liked veggies, like mushrooms, peppers, squash, zucs, avocados, sweet potatoes. Might be easier to list my likes, lol!

Keep strong everyone!!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #515  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Hey all. I am so glad your all on track. Its great to have some new people here! Bembi best congrats on your weight loss that is absolutely amazing. Keep going!

Lilly congrats on your weight loss and i am so proud of you! Way to go! How do you feel? Are you where you want to be or do you think you want to lose more weight? Also you know how you imagine you will look a certain way after you lose a certain amount of weight you think you have reached your goal?

On a brighter side i am finally back on track after a horrible horrible week and weeks. i should of been at goal by now but i kept screwing up and lost my motivation and focus. I am now back to 136 lbs and have 15 lbs to go. I am actually going to see how i feel at 125 so i am aiming to lose another 10 lbs for now.

How is everyone else doing with the weight loss?

Last edited by Lose25; 12-10-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #516  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone

So I am supposed to receive my beads tomorrow... I am so excited!!! How hard is it to place the beads? Do i need the help of someone?

if the package get it by 12:30 pm, should i wait to start the program on Sunday? when shoul I put the beads on? Also has anyone gone swimming with them?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #517  

Floprieto, I used to have someone place my beads, but then after touching behind my ears so much, my fingers learned the layout and I began doing it by touch. The point for bead placement is actually a circle so there is some leeway. I have showered with them on and the first few times they stay put, but the bandaids do wear down and may need to be replaced more often to secure the beads. I have lost beads by just brushing my hair and not realizing it until later. Also, when you receive your introductory packet, you will want to read and study all the information first, so it might be best to begin the protocol the following day just to make sure you are doing everything correctly. I assume you listened to the initial orientation online. There is a second audio you are supposed to hear upon receiving your packet. Best!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #518  

Thank you I am so excited!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #519  

I was wondering if anyone else read under General Diet Plans and Questions, the new thread titled, "CHEAT MEAL..."

It's interesting, and about what I posted earlier in this thread about shocking your metabolism by going off your diet for a day or two.

Anyway, a couple of posters are testing it out and reporting on the effect of breaking plateaus when your weight loss has stalled despite being faithful. I have not heard that Accuweight recommends this, but I do know that people experience plateaus on AW. And after reading about many of us who "cheat" and go up and down, I was thinking that this might be the cure.

A poster named Deetermined2 decided a good name for going off your diet for a meal or day would be "REV meal" since it has the effect of boosting your metabolism and breaking your plateau.

So we already talked about getting back on track after a cheat, but the defeatist mentality and misery is still there. If you space out your REV meals, I was thinking possibly one after every 9 day bead set, or as often as your body needs, then you shouldn't think of it as a negative, but rather a tool to boost the metabolism. I am sure everyone will be different as far as how often to have a REV meal, and it should only be used when your weight loss stalls or slows to a crawl. But, it definitely is a way of shifting the mentality about going off AW for a minute, especially when it can be useful.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #520  

Hi everyone

Ok so yesterday was Day 1 for me and it went great... NO hunger at all...

I am excited about Day 2 and I will let you know how it goes. I started with veggies days because I did not have milk at the house after my kids were done for breakfast

AnnLeslie: The Rev up meal seems like they could help... I think someone mentionned cheating on the first day of each set and was still having great results... For me, I am gonna see if I can go without cheating first... but If a plateau comes or I need a break, I have no issues with trying the REV meal...LOL
Old 12-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #521  

Height: 5'2''

Just wanted to chime in to say I am still here and maintaining AOK. Yippee!

I have a lot going on over the next couple of weeks and I will not be in holiday mood - good for diet but not for fun - oh well. Anyway I still would like to fine tune down another 5 or so pounds by the end of January so I will still be here. This diet has helped me change in so many ways, I have ME back again.

Welcome to the new AWers!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #522  

Have you ever heard that if you feel deprived and hungy on a diet, then it is not right for you, the individual?

Well, it is a b*tch because I am thinking that I should consider quitting AW because I am always in a state of discomfort due to hunger. Yes, I am not stupid and I know what hunger is. I know when my body is deficient in at least quantity of food. Don't get me wrong. I believe AW is completely effective in weight loss, but the claim of experiencing no hunger is not true for everyone, and I wish someone could tell me why everyone else is so divine that their stomachs have shrunk after a short while of being on AW and they naturally feel full and never hungry, and yet here I am into my 4th month, kicking my *ss on this program and f*ck*ng starving!

I am on day 8 of this bead set and it has been 8 perfect days, and I feel sick and hungry all the time.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #523  

Ann Leslie,

Today I felt hungry and realized this is not the first time - and I am on maintenance!

Let me repeat a story about my neighbor. I saw her in September. She lost 120 lbs. Went from 240 to 140 and it took her a year and she in only 5'2"!!! We are not that close so I did not have the nerve to ask her what diet she was on but she told me she was hungry ALL OF THE TIME. A hint was that she used the "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" mantra so maybe AW?

Anyway I did not recognize her! She looks fantastic. It motivated me beyond description.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #524  

OOPS! I mean she went from 240 to 120 lbs. in a year.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #525  

Yep, sophiesnowangel, I recall your story in my mind often, so I know I am not completely alone, but mostly everyone is so positive about AW as I have really tried to be. The testimonials are incredible IF the diet is followed strictly.

I have added in PGX fiber supplement to aid with hunger in the evenings, but cannot tolerate a lot of it, so I can only take a limited quantity. I am also taking a good multi-vitamin with my 5 o'clock meal and a calcium/magnesium at bedtime.

Today, I just started on Chromium Picolinate, CLA, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Fish Oil and CoQ10 because I want to accelerate weight loss and get this diet over with already, though I shouldn't have to take all these supplements. I now feel like a pill-popping wh*re.

I am taking the minimum dosage for all of these just to see how my system tolerates them, but I am quite tired of feeling that I am investing 90% in this program and only getting a 10% reward.
Closed Thread