General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 02:34 PM   #121  

Hello everyone!

Happy to report that I actually did okay yesterday! Didn't do that late night snacking that I have unfortunately gotten back into the habit of doing.

I did however, begin to get a pain in my back and neck last night, which kept me up pretty much all night. I must have pulled something when I was doing my yoga. I don't know when I did it but I am definitely paying for it now. It was hurting so bad this morning that I skipped my walk and work out tape. It started feeling better after I got up and moved around but at that time it was up to almost 90 degrees here. So my hubbie said that he would walk with me later on tonight when it cools off. I did do some stomach exercises so I could say that I at least did something!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Check in later!
Old 06-27-2002, 12:04 AM   #122  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Good going Jacklyn. Now you need a motivational tool. I like to mark my calendar with check marks when I have succeeded in my day. You make it to fit you. So if it's your eating habits then you would make a happy face or sticker on that day showing your success and put it where you're likely to see it. I put my calendar in the kitchen. Another thing I put my scale in the kitchen to keep me focused with my goals. Believe me it has helped me a great deal. I make alot of trips to the kitchen but I usually just pace that floor looking at the cupboard where the goodies are and then looking at my scale and/or my calendar...that usually gets me out of there. I have to admit I do that a few times in the evening and now it has become a good habit. Give it a try.

You are doing good. I am very proud of you. Keep it up!
Bye. Kinarina
Old 06-27-2002, 11:28 AM   #123  

Thanks Kinarina, I think I will try the calendar thing. I am willing to try anything. I have started reading "Simple Abundance" which gives day by day inspirational thoughts and stories and I have found that helps as well. I was reading on some past posts and you had recently said that the only problem that you were having was in the bathroom. I dont know if that is still an issue but I did want to recommend the Kashi Good Friends cereal. It's got only 90 calories a serving and 8 grams of fiber! I have been eating about 2 servings a day so I will be sure to get the fiber in and believe me it helps! Now I will admit that its not as good as some other sugary cereals but its pretty good for a diet food.

I am having some major trouble with my back. I dont know what I have done but it is really painful!! This morning I woke up and the muscles between my right shoulder blade all the way up to the top of my neck are visibly swollen. It's been bothering me for over 2 days now and it is not getting any better. I did walk last night and felt like that loosened it up but this morning it was back and worse than before. My mother said that I may have to go in and get a shot of cortizone (sp??). Apparently she has had the same problem in the past and that is what they did. I dunno. I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if the swelling goes down. Luckily after I get up the pain is usually more manageable. It has definitely put a kink in my exercise routine though!

I am happy to report that I had yet another day of good eating! I was even able to have a snack last night because I wasn't up to my daily calorie intake! Hopefully I am slowly getting back on track! Sore back and all!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-27-2002, 10:07 PM   #124  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Thanks Jacklyn. Another friend suggested the Kashi cereal and I went straight to buy it. I like it. Everything seems to be back in order now. But I had tried everything under the sun. I ended up taking a mild laxative Correctol. It did the trick. I just didn't like the mild discomfort of cramping. But I feel so much better. Believe it or not I was at 210.5 then lost weight so I had gone down to 206.5. I was doing really good, that is when I had the bathroom problem. That caused my weight to go back up and finally all is back to normal. After I was able to get back to myself I weighed in at 206.5. This morning I weighed in at 206.

Thank you for the insight. It is good to know so many people believe in Kashi. Talk with you later. I hope the rest of the group is doing well.
Kinarina
Old 06-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #125  

Great posts the last week and a half! Very sensible. I have been AWOL because I got a bad cold 2 weeks ago and did nothing but sleep, eat a little and drag myself to work. I am feeling better this week but kinda got off the exercise bandwagon. Yesterday my hub and I went for a 2.5 mile walk around one of the lakes here and it was a workout-semi-improved trail with lots of ups and downs and climbing over tree roots and fallen trees. I want to say that my initial weight loss, 174-160 (then I gained 4 lbs back) was by doing what my mother has done for years. "Eat what you want but limit the quantities". She looks great! I am at 160 lbs and stand 5'7 1/2". I wish I could eat that way all the time but do occasionally just lose it over something. Like yesterday when we bought a bag of kettle corn and I ate 4 cups of it! Kettle corn is popcorn done in a way that it comes out very crispy, slightly sweet and slightly salty. I couldn't stop. My mother would have taken a half cup and walked around the house telling herself with each kernel that "it is good but I can always have some more another day and this is enough to satisfy me for now and I am stronger than popcorn." You get the picture. Some day I will be that strong. Sometimes I eat too much but 90% of the time I make healthy choices to overeat on. I love fruits, salads and veggies. For those of you experimenting on soy products please try Boca Burger's All American Classic burger. I absolutely cannot tell it from a real beef patty when it is in a bun with catsup and mustard, tomato, lettuce and onion. Juicy and tastes grilled. I always keep a package in my freezer for a quick lunch-90 seconds in the microwave and its ready! Good luck to all today and thanks for the inspiration!!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:21 PM   #126  

HELLO - hello, hello, hello. Hmmm echoes----- empty. Guess I'll try again later.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:37 PM   #127  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I think everyone is on vacation Kewi. It has been very empty in here. I hope you are doing well.

Bye.
Kinarina
Old 07-02-2002, 07:59 AM   #128  

Hi everyone! I do hope that everyone is on vacation. I would hate to think that everyone has left this thread!!
I am doing well. I have not gotten on the scale in a couple of weeks, but my clothes are all fitting fine. When my TOM is over at the end of the week, I will get on and see what it says!
I just have to tell you all that I am having a summer like no other in my 39 years! I am actually wearing a 2 PIECE!! and my stomach is tanned for the first time EVER! I have always loved the beach, but this year I am so comfortable! No rash between my legs from my thighs rubbing together and no funny tan lines from my double chin!
My eating is going well. I am really loving the plan that someone suggested where they start their day at 4 pm and count from there. I went to a friend's house the other night and had a lot of steak and then yesterday, I just ate really light for the whole day. I didn't feel deprived and I didn't feel guilty. Wow! What a thought!
I hope you're all having a great day and some people post today!
Old 07-02-2002, 09:24 AM   #129  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello hello hello!!!

We had severe thunderstorms last Wednesday; our house received a direct strike of lightning and fried ALOT of our electronics; also knocked out our two phone lines; so that's why I haven't been here!!!

Insurance will cover the TV; VCR; satellite receiver; airport hub; but my husband works from home with the use of computer, modem, fax, etc; so it's been a frustrating week for him (and hence for me! )

But I have been eating/exercising right along, and doing good. When I have something rich /sweet (like my son's birthday cake - chocolate/chocolate, yum) I make sure to cut back on other stuff so to keep things in check. I'm psyched to report I'm down to 158 now; the mystical 150's!!!

Jacklyn, so sorry to hear of your back/muscle pain. Does Ibuprofen help? That's supposed to help swelling in muscles. I sure hope you get relief soon.

Kina, I just saw a new Kashi cereal yesterday, and bought it; it's a Cinnamon Raisin crunch. I had a 1/2 cup this morning with vanilla nonfat yogurt, and it's yummy! I have absolutely no problems in the "powder room" and it's probably due to Kashi everyday (and lots of water, & fresh veggies).
I appreciate your concern about motorcycle safety; I have thought carefully about it, and follow all safety precaution; am enrolled to take a State-approved safety course in August; and wear protective clothing (and am going shopping for leather today).

Hi Kewi; how ya doing? Your mom sounds inspirational! Has she always been like that, or has she lost weight and this is her new way of living? You and I sound very similar body-wise; except you are a 1/2 inch taller.

Hi tryin'hard!!! We are SO thrilled for your comfortable-ness with your slim self!!! What a feeling not to be self-conscious or uncomfortable. And a tanned tummy!!! Good for you!!!

It is going to be a very warm and humid day here today; in the 90's (which is unusual for Vermont) and I might venture to swimming at the lake; it's always an exercise in thinking "everyone's looking at me; everyone looks better than me" - well, I hope I can overcome that by knowing I have worked hard to lose 18 pounds; and am still working on making myself better; and we all deserve to put on a swimsuit and jump in the water and enjoy summer!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone! And if I'm sporadic in replying it's only because I have to share phone line time with my husband until the other line is repaired (maybe tomorrow).

Your friend, Holly
176/158/150
Old 07-02-2002, 01:42 PM   #130  

OK!! I am glad I am not alone here. I have to hop in the shower and go to work early today.
Holly, way to go! 150s. If you are close to me in height then you must be close to goal. I am a pear with broad shoulders which has always saved me. My bottom is scurvy but my bust is small. Oh, well, at 55 at least my boobs aren't below my waist! LOL!
Tryin'Hard-we are all so happy for you! What a great reward, to enjoy your summer so well, after all your hard work.
To all the rest- "eat more(of the healthy stuff), move more, lose more". Remember, healthy is the goal, weight loss is a welcome side benefit.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:49 PM   #131  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hey! Everyone is back. Great. I knew I would find ya'll. It is great to hear everyone is doing so well. I am still working out trying to get that scale to move. But I think I am building muscle. I had my husband take a couple of pics of me since it had been a couple of weeks since the last time. Sure enough my legs look leaner and more firm. Yet the scale does not want to move. It's okay. I am feeling a whole lot better about myself even though I am still in the low 200's. I will get there. I just want to get to 200 and then I will shoot off like a rocket.

Talk to you later. Keep up the great work.
Vermontmom sorry to hear about your house. I hope things get rapaired. Take care.
Kinarina
Old 07-02-2002, 02:26 PM   #132  

Hello everyone! I am still here just out of commission for a while. This back thing is killing me!! I am actually thinking about breaking down and visiting a chiropractor...something that I have never believed in but I have several friends that have seen one and swear by it! So we will see. Needless to say I have gone easy on the exercise but am eating okay. I am going to try to walk tonight when it cools off a bit. I haven't walked in about 3 days which is definitely a record for me since about March! Better jump back on the wagon...quick!! I am also going to try to do some more yoga later on. I am hooked on it! Holly congrats on your success and tryin hard WAY TO GO! I know that many of us have lost weight before and we all know the real trick is to KEEP it off and you are doing it!! You are truly an inspiration! Hope everyone has a great day! Check in later.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #133  

Hi! I just have to share this analogy with you...
When I was heavy and not feeling so great about myself, especially in a bathing suit, my husband said, "Sweetie, the beach is like golf--there's always someone who is worse than you."
Have a great day everyone!!! Enjoy the holiday, but remember where you want to be when you wake up Friday morning!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #134  

Tryin' Hard--Your hubby sounds like a "keeper" What a sweetheart!!
Old 07-03-2002, 08:20 PM   #135  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello friends!

Jacklyn, so sorry to hear you're still in pain! I know people also who swear by their chiropractor. I hope you get relief soon. What kind of yoga do you do? I have never tried it, but hear it's great for flexibility and relaxation.

Kina - hooray for firmer, leaner legs! And yes, you will "take off like a rocket" soon because you will have new healthier habits in place, and with the exercise, it will all come together.

Hi Kewi! You made me laugh out loud with the droopy boobs comment. Nature sure doesn't let them stay perky for long...

tryin'hard - it is so great that you worked hard to get the weight off; then have successfully LIVED life and maintained that loss and are enjoying the benefits. YaHoo!!

I had to use my strategy for exercising in extremely warm, humid weather today; it's taking a quick, cold shower in my exercise clothes (short T-shirt and shorts); slightly toweling off, then doing the exercise in front of a fan or the AC - brrr! The wet clothes are super at cooling you.

Everyone have a safe holiday - and for those who have to work (like me) have a great day at work!

Your friend, Holly
176/158/150
Closed Thread