General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 08:50 AM   #31  

Hey everyone!! Hope everybody had a great holiday weekend!

Tryin'hard~ Way to go with the walking! And on top of that the rollerblading! I've heard that rollerblading is excellent for the legs. I'd like to try but I'm scared of falling on that pavement.

I've been on track with my exercising but I cant seem to get my eating under control! It seems that I'll do fine for a couple of days, then I blow it. I dont necessarily go on an all out binge, but I eat enough to slow down my efforts.

On a good note, I feel like walking is definitely becoming a habit for me. I checked my calender over the weekend and saw that I have been walking steadily for a month and a half. So at least I am sticking with something! Its funny though, I dont even think about it anymore, its just something I do now. Hopefully, my eating habits will slowly adapt as well.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll check in later!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:01 PM   #32  

Jacklyn--you may be needing more calories since you're walking so much?!? If you go to a website (there are several) you many need to indicate that you are exercising "strenously" and see what your daily calorie range should be. You may be, without intending to, not giving your body enough. Just a thought! Keep on walking!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:37 PM   #33  

Thanks tryin'hard. I may check that out. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I have screwed my body up from the years of yo yo dieting. I'm afraid my metabolism is probably a bit off. That's one of the reasons why I am starting some light weights. Hopefully building some muscle will help raise my metabolism. I dunno...we'll see. Wouldn't it be nice though if I actually needed to eat more?? I'm sure that would be a challenge that I could readily take!!
Old 05-29-2002, 09:50 PM   #34  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

WTG tryin'hard with rollerblading! Like Jacklyn, I also shied away from it from fear of scraping the pavement. Not like when we're little kids, is it?

Kanola, it must be so hard to try to schedule your visit to your dad when his dates get changed. I hope everything turns out fine for you both. Hooray for you and your motorcycle riding! I am still in baby-learning stage. My husband says I've got to just bite it and go faster. I'm getting there, I'm getting there...!

Jacklyn, I think of you now as I take my almost daily walk. It's so great that it is now just an automatic habit with you.

Hi t-girl, Christine, Melisa, Dawna, hereicome, and how are Sprite, Pamela, hockeychick and darma? And a big hello to the vacationing Nancy.

Have a good night!

Holly
176/164/160 1st mini-goal
I might be 163 - I'll check again in a couple of days
Old 05-30-2002, 09:37 AM   #35  

Hello everyone! It's been a slow couple of days for posting so I hope everything is going okay

Its the same old thing with me. Still walking and still eating. I am going to take the day off today from walking. I haven't had a day off in 9 days and I was really feeling it last night. It was probably the hardest walk I have had in a while. My entire body was just so tired!

I'm going out to eat with coworkers tonight, so I'm going to try to be good. The thing is that I really have not been hungry at all lately, but I am still eating like I would normally. I haven't checked out my calorie range yet (like tryin' hard suggested), but that is still on the agenda.

I'm going to try to do some soul searching this weekend and try to figure out what is going on with me. I feel like I am in a major rut when it comes to eating. Hope everyone is doing okay, Holly I hope the scales are good to you. I dont think I am going to weigh in this Saturday, its been too depressing and I refuse the let that #!### number get me down!!

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 05-30-2002, 04:06 PM   #36  

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I've noticed a lot less posts lately That's a good thing. That means we are off the computer and doing more physical things.
ttyl,
Melisa
Old 05-30-2002, 07:08 PM   #37  

Hey everyone, Im Op hanging in there been preparing for my big move in July, but not slippin, started walking again had been slackin on it, but why, it is the greatest, and I can think and just get energized for the day, well hope all is well, ttyl
Old 05-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #38  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone!

Melisa's right - it's a good sign that we're too busy to post!

I'm not going to weigh this week, due to TOM - but I am anticipating that I'll be pleased next week.

I'm still doing great at breakfast & lunch; could shave some more calories off dinner, but am really not feeling deprived so I might just keep on as I am. It's when I feel deprived that I go overboard!

Am also keeping as my personal mantra "just because it's there, doesn't mean I have to eat it!"

Also, when not wanting to get out of bed early to exercise; I could spend the same 30 minutes just putzing around; or do something that will burn calories, rev the metabolism, give strength to muscles, energy for all day long, AND here's proof positive of health benefits - I donated blood today, and was pleased to have my heart rate at 63 bpm; and blood pressure 120/70. The technician gave me a thumbs-up!

Everyone keep busy and moving!

Holly
Old 05-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #39  

Smile

WTG Holly & Latisia .You both are true inspirations and motivators!
Thanks!

Glad to see no one is posting still
If you think that's mean........ please see earlier post

I forgot to mention earlier that I lost 2 lbs and am feeling great.
ttyl all,
Melisa
Old 05-31-2002, 09:13 AM   #40  

Congrats, Melissa! Great job on the 2 pounds gone forever!!
Holly--way to go with the blood donating! Great blood pressure, too!
One of things I promised myself I would do when I reached my goal was to go have a thorough physical. I hadn't had one since I was pregnant with my 9 year old! Well, I went last week and the Dr almost fell over! I had not seen him since I had lost weight and he was almost speechless! He then went through my chart with me and every occasion that I had to see him previously was weight related--chest pains, leg pains, acid reflux. My blood pressure had been borderline high and now it's 120/72. He also took the time to talk about maintenance with me. He gave me the American Diabetic Association's 1800-calorie diet and said it would be good to try. He also sent me for blood work and I'll be curious to hear the results of that next week. He then took me over to the BMI chart and showed me how deep into the 'red' zone I was and now I'm in the green! I was doing a happy dance, for sure!!
Well, ladies, I hope you have an amazing weekend! I hope to hop on my roller blades and get these legs looking good!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

No...I have not fallen off the face of the earth...I will say though, Sprite and Vermont are the only ones I recognize.
To all of you other ladies, I started this whole thing about a year ago with Doin' it the old fashioned way #1!
To all of you I do know, I have been away for about 3 or 4 months now...I am glad to finally be back.
I am a council person at theForce.net on the costuming and props boards, and have been extremely busy with the Celebration II convention the beginning of the month and with the opening of Attack of the Clones...I can finally breathe again. I didn't have a life except for my sewing machine for a while...
I am glad to meet all of the newer people, and am glad the thread stayed alive in my absence-good work ladies!
Let me introduce myself to the ones I haven't met-I am 26, a stay-at-home mom who makes costume and prop replicas from sci-fi movies in my spare time, as well as craft and paint...
I have a great husband, a 3 year old daughter Jasmine, and a 1 year old son Raiden.
If any of you are interested in what has been taking up all of my time lately-the costumes I made for the world wide competition are here:
www.afansview.com/2002/starwars/sw05a0013.html
We are the tow in the top two pictures, I made all of the costumes except for the shoes-even the hat, headress, and belts.
And yes, we are nerds...but the fringe benefits are great!

Have a good one everybody!
Aphil
Old 05-31-2002, 08:37 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all

Hello aphil, I actually arrived on this thread before your disappearance but only shortly before. I think it is so neat what you do with those costumes! I just watched Star Wars: Episode II last night and I was thinking throughout the movie, how great it would be to dress up in the costume of Senator Amidala. But alas, I could find no good reason to go through that effort but it appears there is more than just Halloween for such things!

On the diet front, I have not been doing well. My mom's visit was exactly as I suspected.. my brain has said 'vacation' and i have eaten as such. Hopefully I have gotten it all out of my system for a while. Of course, my TOM is still late.. over 2 weeks now.. so I dunno what to think of that. Its normally late but not this late. Time will tell I suppose.

Hope everyone is doing well.. I shall be back with more next week I'm sure, as my mom leaves tomorrow.

Christine
195/153/130
Old 05-31-2002, 09:59 PM   #43  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone -

aphil, welcome back!! You were the 1st to invite me to this thread; and that was the start I needed and now have met so many great ladies. Those costumes - oh my gosh - look totally professional. You must have put so much work into them! The convention must have been a blast.

tryin'hard, what a surprise your doctor must have had! I'm so glad he then took the time to give you maintenance resources, and positive reinforcement in showing your past pains were weight-related. He'd probably like to use you as a "poster child" - on the benefits of weight loss! And WTG with rollerblading!

Jacklyn, did you take a much-deserved day off from walking? If you feel you need to, you should. I was thinking of you this evening as I did a 4 mile walk. It was beautiful out, and I enjoyed it so much.

Christine, I'm sure you will eventually get back into "diet" mode. Do you wear your new size 10 jeans as a constant reminder of how much you have lost, and how much smaller you are now? And remember the pic of Shania Twain!

Melisa, now I only "allow" myself to post IF I have exercised for the day! (I can be brutal to myself sometimes) And CONGRATS on the loss!

Have a great night/weekend!

Holly
Old 06-01-2002, 11:16 AM   #44  

Hello everyone! I just finished my walking and it is HOT outside. I was dripping in sweat when I was done. Thats good though because I actually feel as if I accoplished something when I break a sweat.

Aphil, its good to have you back! I was only a lurker when you posted previously but I do remember you as a great inspiration and I need all the help I can get! Those costumes are something! I have trouble sewing on a button so I am envious of your talent!

Tryin'hard~ that is so great about your doctor. You know the thing I hate most about going to the doctor is the weigh in! It would be nice to have the doctor actually be impressed with my progress!

Holly~I took my day off and enjoyed it You sound like you're right on track...hopefully I will be too soon.

I didn't bother to weigh in today. My eating hasn't been too good and I feel like I've gained about 10 pounds in water weight. After my walk, my hands were all swollen and puffy...it's been a while since that has happened. I am getting ready to do my weekly visit to the grocery store and I plan on loading up on salad stuff and fruit. Maybe then this water weight will come off!

I've got errands to run, so I've got to go but I'll check in later! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 06-01-2002, 12:32 PM   #45  

Welcome back Aphil! You may not remember me, but I do remember you.
Awesome outfits by the way. You have a great talent.

Tryin Hard, I loved hearing about your Dr.'s visit. That is so cool. I do hope that those 2 lbs I lost are gone forever. We all know how frustrating it is to lose the same 2 over and over. This is my second time this month at this weight. I better work hard to get that needle on the scale to move more to the left. It's TOM right now so I think I should have no problems. I'm ususally good for a 5 lbs loss when it's over. I retain lots of water and I think it all settles in my belly.
Jacklyn, Keep up the good work! You are doing so great with your exercise. I need to get back into the swing of things. I haven't done any since Mother's Day.

Holly, That's an interseting little tid bit about your posting. I like it. You'd think I was MIA if I followed that rule lately. :0

Christine, I'm sure you'll get back into the groove once "vacation" is over. I remember that Shania pic too. I never did figure out how to do that. Maybe I'll ask my daughter to do it later.

To everyone else, hang in there and keep up the good work. I hope you are all having a fun filled weekend.
Melisa

Last edited by malviti; 06-01-2002 at 12:35 PM.
Closed Thread