General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 12:13 AM   #151  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Well I am reporting in bad news. I fell down the back porch steps today. The steps were slippery from all the rain and my feet just went up from underneath me. It was horrible. I have never fallen in my life. I hope I don't feel any worse tomorrow. I feel bad right now. I just hope it doesn't get worse. I went over to mom's and walked on her treadmill at a steady pace. Then I got onto her bicycle and rode on that for a few minutes. Then went over to her stair climber for a few minutes. I figure if I just do something without over doing it the pain won't be so bad and I will get better quicker. I don't know. I am just praying I don't feel bad tomorrow. It's my head that has been hurting. I didn't hit my head but I jerked it pretty hard. My back is aching but not as bad as it looked when I fell. Ouch.

Well becareful around the slippery spots people they are a killer. Bye. Kinarina
Old 07-11-2002, 12:44 AM   #152  

Hi all,,

Kina,,, sure hope your alright after you fall.. Do take it easy.

Holly,,, so good to hear that your doing great keep it up. You are going to be one hot little biker chick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you Jacklyn,,,, I am struggling to get back with it since I have been home from vacation. I sure hope that I can get the groove again before the 9 pounds become 20!!!!!!!!!! But you are doing great being in the 140's

Once I can get that motivation back I know Ill be fine...its just getting there.....UGH< UGH< UGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kewi,,,, good for you that you are doing the arm exercises.... My arms are something that I just hate...I dont think that there is anything to help them except surgery,,, and I would not do that. I was doing good with the weights also before vacation,, but of course I need to get into the habit of that once again also.

Ok so who wants to give me a kick in the butt and get me jump started??????????????

See ya all later......

Nancy
Old 07-11-2002, 11:25 AM   #153  

Hello everyone!

Kina~ I'm so sorry you are hurt! I will have to say that I am one of the clumsiest people I know. I can walk through a door and slam half of my body in the door frame....ouch!! Of course it only happens when there are at least 5 people around to witness it! I know that when I have hurt myself from one of my big graceful doings, I take lots of ibuprophen. That helps with the swelling and keeps you from being so sore. That's what seems to work for me anyways

Nancy~maybe we can help each other...I'll kick your butt if you'll kick mine!

Anyways, my husband and I have decided to start up a business at home. I am going to still continue to work at my regular job but my contract is only 210 days out of the year...that leaves alot of time on my hands. It seems that when I have a weekend off or a vacation, that is when I start slipping back into my old eating habits and regaining the last 5 pounds I have already lost 20 different times. So hopefully this will help keep me busy, as I will be the one doing the majority of the work (my husband already has his plate full with his job) and it will help make a little extra money on the side. Maybe this way I will become more excited about something other than when my next meal will be!!

Everyone have a great day! I've got to go check ebay now! (Another addiction I have acquired over the years! )
Old 07-11-2002, 12:50 PM   #154  

Kina, I am so sorry you fell! What a scary thing.
Jacklyn, you made me laugh. I am ALWAYS walking into door frames or bumping my butt on a door knob. I am the family klutz but of course I do it a lot at work, too.
It's a beautiful day here in the NW, blue sky, 75 degrees expected and a light breeze. We are taking the ferry over to Bainbridge to have a BBQ with friends on their deck which looks out over the water east back toward Seattle. OK, stop salivating you guys! Have a good one!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 06:29 AM   #155  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I just posted; then had to edit because of the other posts I hadn't seen...

Gosh, Kina, so sorry to hear of your fall! Yes, I would say that lots (well, the proper amount) of ibuprofen would help - and a nice long soak in a warm bath is soothing for both hurting muscles and shook-up spirit! Wet wood certainly in slippery. I sure hope your feel better soon.

Jacklyn, your post wasn't a downer! I should clarify that sometimes I surely do want to have a huge supper, or about 10 pieces of hot buttered toast...I was having an extra-good day that day; I shouldn't have been sounding like "I got this thing covered". Each day will present it's own challenges.

Isn't it funny about that little "click" that is the deciding factor on our attitude...I hope that the click stays for all of us;and if the little bugger decides to bug out, that we have our new habits in place to take over.

Congratulations of the home business! Keeping busy DEFINITELY helps me keep on track. I have felt the same way EXACTLY - "okay, when's lunch?"

kewi, you are so cool to be aware of the benefits of weights - I think it's so great that you did it initally to help you have strength and endurance in your work; and now see that it has helped in metabolism and weight loss! Kudos to you!

Hi Nancy! Thank you for the encouragement - and you will be back in the groove, burning the few vacation pounds, getting smaller and smaller!I couldn't imagine what loads of work you had to do on your lawn when you got back - must have been like the Amazon!

Well, it's 6:30 am; I've done my half-hour of exercise and had my 1st cup of coffee; now it's time for Kashi/yogurt, another java then get ready for work (on my list today; fruit crisp for 52 people at lunch; lemon sponge pudding for 80 at dinner; 8 loaves of bread for French toast; cookie dough for tomorrow; slice 2 flats of strawberries; peel apples for 6 pies - I love my job!

Have a great day, everyone. You are great to be cyber-friends with!

Your friend, Holly
176/156/150?

Last edited by VermontMom; 07-12-2002 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:00 AM   #156  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Everyone. I am feeling a whole better than expected. I think it is the yoga that has helped me from feeling so horrible. My back is sore but not in pain thank goodness. I love yoga I am feeling it in my abs in just 2 days of effort. AMAZING! I can't quite keep up with her towards the end but I still do it even if I am a step behind her.

Jacklyn>>>>Lots of Luck on the at home business. I can't stay home the voices start calling from the fridge. Although I can't say that I am busy other than chores when I am home. So working is different. so many benefits to staying home.
Snowey>>>Don't we all just need that kick in butt ever so often. We all have our slump days. But just remember you have to come here to post your dirty laundry or brag about your excellence for the day. Be accountable. You can do it.

Well good luck to all for a Good Choice day. bye.
kinarina "Corina"
Old 07-13-2002, 01:43 PM   #157  

Good Morning All,,

Summertime must mean that everyone is vacationing and such, as our thread is sure slow. I do hope that it starts hopping soon and all the missing in action are back with us once again.

I am trying real hard to get back with it. I have been living on Watermelon this week.. filling and low cal...but after a month of having alot of carbs ,,,its hard to break free from that. I am trying and I will succeed eventually. I cant give up not now,, not ever!!!!!!!

Kina ,,, glad your back is feeling better.

Holly,,, you must have tons of willpower to be able to make all those yummy foods and not be tempted!!! You got the power!!!!!

Jacklyn, Kewi and all the rest ,,, I hope you are having a great day.

See everyone later.....I need to go to the store and buy another watermelon.........

Nancy
Old 07-14-2002, 09:49 AM   #158  

Hey everyone! Hope you guys are doing okay!

Just to let everyone know I am going to be out of town until late Wednesday night. My husband and I are taking off to the beach for a couple of days. I am still struggling with my eating and my exercise is definitely slacking. I am hoping that this break will leave me refreshed and with a new attitude to get started again! I will check back in in a couple of days....have a great one!
Old 07-14-2002, 06:36 PM   #159  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone!

Okay, a couple of days ago I was whining that "nobody has noticed that I've lost weight" - well, today I saw a woman whom I haven't seen since last year; she bellows out "oh my god, you must have lost like 50 pounds!" Hmmm, I guess I'm glad that she noticed a loss...

Today I volunteered with our local Fire Department, to help with their BBQ fundraiser. I found that I was SO much more relaxed and able to chat with all the members (who are men) because I feel confident and comfortable with myself. Not any flirting! just talking in a friendly way. I used to be too self-conscious to do that.

I also rode the 'cycle to the event - and enjoyed the double-takes and surprise from everyone!

Jacklyn, I hope you have a nice break and renew your energy and commitment. I am sure you will be back on track soon!

Nancy, hoping that your able to adjust from being back from vacation. Yes, watermelon is so good and good for us. You can also use one as a free weight

Kina, hope that you're healed up from your tumble!

Kewi, hope you had a nice Sunday.

I have to water my outside flowers now; so have a good night and a great Monday!

Your friend,
Holly
176/156/150?
Old 07-14-2002, 08:34 PM   #160  

Hi all.....

Today is an awful food day for me.. I have ate about everything that was not nailed down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasnt hungry, I just did it out of boredom. The hubby went fishing today and I was alone. I should have worked on some crafts or something,,but nooooooooooooooooo!!! I was too busy shoving food in my mouth
Could I feel any worse??????????????????????

I know that Monday will bring renewed motivation and hope for a skinnier healthier me!! I have to get back on track and quit my vacationing ways.

Holly~~~ So happy that you finally got your well deserved compliment. You have come a long way baby!!!!!!!!!!!. I think that sometimes alot of people(ok, mostly women) do notice a weightloss but are envious and dont give compliments.

Right now I am sensing a little competition from my SIL, she went on vacation the same time as we did and she said she gained 2 pounds and has since taken that off and another 3 pounds. She got back on Monday, so she is saying in 5 days she has lost 5 pounds...well I wonder how that happened, as we were at her house for dinner and I seen what she ate...She has also been making comments on how her diet is what works...well she does the Dr Atkins thing... I wont do that.. I dont think it is healthy. She also drinks alot of alcohol....well anyway, I am noticing the digs at me about how I gained 9 pounds and she didnt....UGH.....I hate crap like that!!!! I know what it takes to lose weight and I know that I am successful at it also...I just have to get my butt moving again.....ok enough of that.....(thanks for letting me vent)

well I hope the rest of the gang is well and staying strong, focused and motivated!!!!!

See ya all later...
Nancy
Old 07-15-2002, 12:43 AM   #161  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Angry Hello

Snowey****I can imagine how frustrating that can be. What I would do is use that frustration in a positive way to your advantage. Get up and do something and while you are doing it think of the crazy things SIL says. Some may not agree with me but I think sometimes anger can be a positive thing.

Vermontmom***I am doing wonderful thank you. How wonderful it must have felt to recieve a compliment. I get compliments from my kids and my parents. DH hasn't said anything but then he isn't a vocal kind of person. So it will take me getting to 150 lbs for him to say something. I won't see that until December if I work hard. But I bet you look beautiful in your new figure.

Jacklyn****have a great time on your break away from reality. Everyone needs one of those now and then. At the same time you will probably get to see some young ones wearing slinky bikinis. At that point you will have a choice do something about it or eat everything in sight to get your emotions under control. Do the right thing for you whatever you do. Have a great time.

Kewi****Ouch becareful with those doors and things. So anyway since you started your weights for your arms have you seen a change for the better? I need help in my arms also. I have been using 2 lb weights along with a workout with Denise Austin and boy are my arms shaking towards the end of each of the reps.

Well enough said. Best of health to everyone.
kinarina
Old 07-15-2002, 09:47 PM   #162  

Angry Good evening

Well today was a better one then yesterday. And tomorrow will be even better.

Kina~~~ you are so right about using my anger in a positive way. Maybe if I stay a little p'd off, Ill stick to my diet more.

How is everyone else doing today? Summer must be keeping everyone busy lately as we sure are slow here.

Holly~~~Kewi~~ how are you both today?

Jacklyn~~~even though you are on a mini vacation,,, we are still thinking of you and hope you are relaxing and enjoying your self.

Were the heck is everyone else??? T-girl, Chiristine, Nola, Sprite,Melisa,Tryinghard and anyone else I may have missed,,,,,geesh I get back from vacation and everyone is gone!!!!!! Hope everyone is well and comes back soon.

Have a great evening everyone......

Nancy
Old 07-15-2002, 09:55 PM   #163  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone!

Nancy, how crummy for the SIL to make digs like that. We know that you know what to do...and everyone has to have an "eating everything in sight" day once in a while. We know you have it in you get back in the groove, and shake your skinny butt in SIL's face!

Kinarina, you are certainly working your arm muscles if they are shaking at the end of the reps. That's such a tough part to work through. But you are burning calories and building long beautiful muscle strands for lean arms - yeah! It is so wonderful that you hear compliments from your kids and parents. I understand about husband not being vocal about noticing, but I'm sure he does.

I know we won't hear from Jacklyn until at least Wednesday evening, so I'll just send positive happy thoughts to her

Hi kewi! Hope you're doing fine!

Have a great evening!

Your friend, Holly
176/156/150?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:13 AM   #164  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hi Holly. I usually dismiss the compliments from my kids and my parents because I feel they are just being kind. When I am walking around I feel like really gigantic. I guess that could be why I dismiss the compliments from my kids and my parents. So I try to feel good about myself and think positive. Not worry about what others see when they see me but be more aware about how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling inside about that one little pound I lost. Because when I see the scale move in the right direction I am on top of the world and I don't care about how people see me. I feel really good about myself.

Thanks to all of you for support and your own stories of successes and struggles.
bye. kina

Last edited by Kina; 07-16-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:55 AM   #165  

Hi everyone! I've been reading, but not posting. Sorry...
Nancy, it's so great to have you back. YOu are the foundation of this thread and we sure missed you!
I've been doing well. I am maintaining, but I've decided that before I go away to the beach for a week, I'd like to loose 5 pounds in three weeks. I realized that while maintaining, I've been doing a little more "picking" and that has to stop. I find myself grabbing a handful of pretzels once a day and if I want to loose the five pounds, I've got to get back in the groove of "eating cleanly." I also know that I've got to limit my alcohol. I used to allow myself a glass or two on Friday and now that summer's here, Friday has turned into Saturday and Sunday! I better tame this animal before it gets out of control!
I've been very interested in reading all of your posts about comments from family members. You know, sometimes they should just keep their mouths shut, but even then, they can't win. Now, I have just lost 96 pounds and my SIL has not said A WORD to me. I have lost before and gained it all back and maybe she's sparing me the embarrassment, but it's pretty funny that she has not said a word to me. My mother in law actually gushes with praise, often in front of SIL, but still, she remains mute. Pretty interesting, huh??
Well, I hope you all have an amazing day. You are all in my thoughts as I try to work really hard at being in control today. Thank you all for being there!
Closed Thread