General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 01:54 PM   #46  

Hello everybody, and welcome back Aphil, I wasnt here when you were, but your work does sound like fun,!!

Hope you all are having a great OP weekend!! I did my weigh in today, and I am pumped, workin it.. lost 3.5 pounds this week, cant wait to be outta the 30's even if it is just . that next week, that is my goal!! Well I did walk again and lift some light weights, and I feel awesome! I am blessed, !! I hope all is well, TTFN
Old 06-01-2002, 06:45 PM   #47  

WTG LATISIA!!!

You are really doing good. Keep up the positive attitude. I know you will be out of the 30's in a flash. We are all rooting for you.

Melisa
Old 06-02-2002, 11:43 AM   #48  

Hello everyone!

I am happy to report that I actually had a good day yesterday! I stuck to my plan by going to the grocery store and loading up on fresh fruit and veggies. I ate entirely "clean" yesterday and I feel pretty good today. Tonight is the night that we normally go out and I have my cheat night however since my entire week has been full of cheating, I'll probably go easy tonight.

Tomorrow I am taking off early from work and we are going to the lake for the afternoon. Hopefully if that becomes a habit for us this summer, that will keep me motivated. Good news from this morning. When I was beginning my walk my neighbor asked me how much we were walking. I told her I've been doing this for about 7 weeks and hadn't dropped a pound. She actually seemed suprised! She said I and my husband looked like we had dropped weight. So at least other people are noticing! even if the scales won't budge!

Well, I need to get started on cleaning this house. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-02-2002, 11:01 PM   #49  

WTG Jacklyn!!! Doesn't it feel better when you stay on track all day? I know I feel wonderful.

I just have to vent and then I'll be done. I went to my MIL today. I don't go there that much because generally they are all crabby and I get enough of that at work. Anyway, me and my Brother-in-Law kind of got into a little arguement about my weight loss. He said that I lost all my weight in like 2 months and that I must be on some kind of drug and that I was going to gain it all back when I went off them.
I told him that it took me a year to lose the weight and that he just never noticed it before now. I admit that I do take herbal supplements on occasion and that I do take Xenical when I feel like I ate to much fat (like when we go out to eat), but Geez!!!!!
I worked hard to lose the weight. I do step aerobics 4 times a week at the Y and I watch what I eat, I cut back on drinking beer and I make an effort to drink more water and to eat more smaller meals instead of my old large 2 meals + snacks at night. The most I've lost is 2 lbs a week, I've hit the dreaded plateau for weeks at a time. It just burns me up that he thinks all I did was pop pills. I'm on a mission to reach my goal and stay there just to go up his butt!!!
I guess I got the kick in the rear that I needed. Thanks Bob! (My BIL who drives me nuts all the time, but I love him anyway)

Thanks for listening,
Melisa
Old 06-03-2002, 12:08 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Melisa,
we all have family like that.
When I lost the 50 pounds after having my fist child, I cut my hair short after I hit my goal weight.
My MIL said-"Boy, that haircut really makes your face lok thinner!"
(She had never once commented on my weight loss during the whole process) I said, "No, I think it was the 50 pounds"...
She never said another word...ha ha ha
Aphil
Old 06-03-2002, 03:25 PM   #51  

I'm still reading!! I finally got over the morning sickness and I am hungry constantly! Yikes! I've been trying to go for at least 1 15 minute walk a day (I get winded really fast), and I've been doing good with that. I'm trying to eat healthy! Really...

Aphil, glad to see you back!!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 06-03-2002, 03:48 PM   #52  

well I am sorry i havent posted lately we went on a lil vacation and i just got back
i went to my weigh in last week before we left and i lost 2 pounds !
I am really hoping for a 3 pound loss this week so i can get my ribbon
my family is the same way about weight they never say anything except you girls are all gettin as big as your mother ! which my mother has lost alot of weight due to diabeties. but i know how you feel now my husbands family are all always very supportive.
my family just isnt big on compliments but when they do it means alot
Old 06-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Been on vacation for 5 days. Thought I did ok with food until on the scale...up 4. Didn't think I did that bad, plus lots of excercise walking and swimming. Back to better choices today. Talk about reinforcement for a diet....Could hardley buckel the seat belt going and couldn't do it on the return. Plane was a 8 seater, totally embarresed and wouldn't ask for an extension, so flew with nothing. Even had to tell weight for seat assignments. . Flying agin in October, so better fit hereicome
Old 06-04-2002, 10:17 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all

My weight.. not dropping.. BUT, i have an excuse...
I have apparently followed in Pamela's footsteps here . . .
Yes, I am pregnant. About 6 weeks along I believe. I'm feeling a little crampy and I'm all paranoid about it. I cannot go to a doctor yet either, because I have no insurance (oops?)... we're getting the impression at my husband's job that they'll let him add me to insurance though.. so everyone keep your fingers crossed!!

So, if everything is healthy and well.. it appears I won't be losing weight for a good long while.. but I'm not going to disappear tho.. I'll just sit here and be jealous that everyone else is losing.. but wait, thats what I've been doing all along anyway

Hope everyone is doing well..

Christine
Old 06-04-2002, 03:44 PM   #55  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

Been super busy the past couple of days - but have been exercising and eating right in-between. Hooray!

t-girl - CONGRATS on losing 3.5!!! You are super-dedicated!! Your clothes must be so loose - you must be dropping sizes like crazy. Keep going!

Melisa - I would have been so steamed at someone insinuating that drugs were the reason why I was losing weight, not due to hard work and discipline...You are certainly the better person to be able to put a positive spin on it and "thank" him!

Jacklyn - I am sure that you and your husband are looking so fit, with all that walking. Yeah for you!

aphil - gosh, I don't know how I would have responded to my MIL making a lame statement like that...I guess we all have to grin and bear it sometimes, huh?

Dawna - hooray for you to lose two pounds before vacation! I hope you get your ribbon!

hereicome - I'm sure that the 4 pounds is largely due to retained fluid - we eat differently during vacation, and that probably put you out of whack. Just go back to being on program, and it should disappear soon.

Christine - CONGRATULATIONS! We all wish you a healthy, easy pregnancy and healthy, beautiful new baby!

Pamela - hi! Glad to know you're doing well, and that your appetite is back

Hello to the vacationing Nancy!!I think she's due to get her U.S. haircut soon .

I'm glad to report that I've gone down another pound - thought so last week, but waited and checked to make sure it "stuck".

Holly
176/163/160 1st mini goal - which finally seems in reach now! I can now think about entering the mythical land of 150's - woo-hoo!
Old 06-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #56  

Christine Congratulations and good luck!!!!
How exciting for you and hubby. Just a word of advice about the insurance. Make sure you are covered before you have the baby. My dopey Dr. didn't submit any bills to my insurance until after we had our daughter. Come to find out, we weren't covered any longer. I had to pay the whole thing myself. If I had known ahead of time, I could have made other arrangements. Oh well. She was and still is worth every penny.

Holly, WTG on the pound lost. You will be in the 150's before we know it.

Hereicome, Don't sweat the extra pounds. I gained 11 lbs on my 7 day vacation to Disney. We walked so much and I didn't think I ate that much, but sure enough I gained. Good news though. I lost it all in a week. I'm sure the same will happen to you. Just get back on track and don't get discouraged. You deserved that vacation. Don't beat yourself up.

Dawna, How did you do on your weigh in? I hope it was what you were hoping for.

Pamela, I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with you. Make your you keep posting every once in awhile. We miss you.

Aphil, I'm glad that your back posting again. Your comments always made me feel good.

To everyone who is MIA, hope you are doing well and keeping on track. As for me, I haven't lost a lb, but somehow have gone from a 16 to a 14 in like 2 weeks. (?) I'm not complaining just confused. I just bought these 16's and they are already baggy. I'm wearing my daughter's 14's. She's not to thrilled with that, but she'll just have to deal with it. I can't afford to buy new clothes every few weeks, but I love the idea of it.

Melisa
Old 06-04-2002, 11:29 PM   #57  

Congratulations Christine!! Just wanted to say that first for sure,!! Well I had an op day, did all my workouts( walking and weights) I am doing pretty good, How did everyone do today??Gonna bake some low fat bread, and have a good one tomorrow too, my hubby ate up all the bread, and i was trying to stretch it out, nothing new,. well take care everyone, TTYL
Old 06-05-2002, 11:12 AM   #58  

Congratulations Christine! You must be so excited!

Everyone seems to be doing really well! I've been doing okay. My eating is slowly but surely getting better. Hopefully my weigh in will reflect that. This is short and sweet but I have to get back to work. Things are very busy here but I will check in later!

Have a great day!
Old 06-05-2002, 11:45 AM   #59  

Congratulations Christine! You must be soooo excited! Refresh our memories--is this your first? I hope you will blessed with a healthy pregnancy! It's such a miracle, isn't it???

I have some new groceries for you to look for: Cafe Twists. My local grocery store sells them and I've seen them in specialty stores. They are like sweet pastry twists and they're only 40 calories! Look for them and I think you'll like them!

I haven't gotten on the scale for two weeks. I had really bad pms and that usually correlates to a lot of water retention. My TOM will be gone by the weekend so I think I'll see what the number is then. I don't think I've gained anything other than water.

It sounds like you're all doing well. Jacklyn--I love your "miles walked" in your signature! You are my hero!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-05-2002, 12:04 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all...

Thank you all for the congrats... this will be my 2nd child. My daughter will be 4 in January, the same month this child is due. My husband (who was not my husband yet when our daughter was born) did not want any kids. Then he decided one was enough.. but surprise! He's kewl with it though (except for the insurance thing).. keep on keeping your fingers crossed as we havent found out for sure yet if I can get his work insurance. I am fearful about it because when he signed up originally we were told he could not add me for a year.. well, its only been about 6 months! But, the woman in charge said he could add me any time.. i just fear she is confused... i should tell him to clarify the whole deal to her and if she's still agreeable, sign me up quick before she changes her mind!! Heh

Anyways, I've been eating like crazy because I have morning sickness and the only way I can deal with it is to eat every hour or two.. yikes! I feel like I"m gonna gain 100 pounds. I dont want to undo everything I've worked so hard for!! In my last pregnancy I only gained 24 pounds total.. I'm hoping I can keep it under control again!! (I started at 175 pounds last time.. this time I'm considering my start weight to be 153)...

The hubby will be home for lunch any minute, so I'm off.. to eat, yet again!

Hope everyone is doing well...

Christine
Closed Thread