General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Well hellloooo ladies! I have found my people!
Yes, Star Trek nerd here. I love all versions of it except Voyager (I have an irrational dislike of that series) TNG is my fave incarnation, in addition to seeing each ep mutliple times, I've read most of the novels for TNG TOS, DS9 & Voyager up until about 5 years ago. OK, you can stop laughing now.

Was horribly devoted to charmed (at least till Billie came along), Love Eureka, Xena/Hercules (natch), Firefly, Heroes, I'm still working on Babylon 5. (just started season 2 on netflix)

Live Long and Prosper! (sorry couldn't resist)
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Faerie, I did have design the gown with my dressmaker, so while I didn't intend Renny, my unconscious knew better.

Hubby is into RPG with friends (not usually LA, except for the Halloween game), DD and Vampire and other White Wolf games, and some they've come up with themselves or modified. He's also a major WOW addict, and is disappointed that he couldn't suck me in (I resisted, because I knew I'd never get my novels written if I got into either WOW or the RPG again - I was hooked on DD in college).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #18  

I even had the "learn Klingon" book at one time, but I never got around to "studying it." I wanted to get the Klingon cookbook, but when I browsed it in Barnes and Noble, I was so disappointed that it was so mundane. Meatloaf is NOT Klingon (ok, maybe there wasn't meatloaf recipe, but there I think the blood worm pie was a cherry pie for crying out loud). I mean, if they're going to give mundane recipes a Klingon twist, they could have gone with bagna cauda (a garlic anchovy dip) or haggis (the Scottish innard meatloaf).

Last edited by kaplods; 08-28-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #19  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Now this is a thread for me! YES! I am a HUGE Scifi/Fantasy geekette! I loved the old Star Trek but my favorite series was The Next Generation. I have seen every trek movie and can't wait to see the new one. I know what you mean about the prequel thing. I still have to have a little talk with myself when I am watching the Star War's movies so I can keep things straight.

HP fan here too! I just read about the change in release date for Half Blood Prince from Nov '08 to July '09. I was actually looking for my Twilight avatar when I read it on a blog, seems some HP fans blamed the date change on the Twilight craze. It did however take it's release date of Nov 21st, so I can't be all sad about it. I am just now starting the 3rd book in the Twilight series and I am so in love with the characters.
~Kaplods- Have you read any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels? It has Vamps, Weres and all kinds of supernaturals in it. I just finished the last book to date a few weeks ago. Had to have a mourning period before I started a new series. I can't wait for the HBO series to start.

I was just thinking of doing a Twilight challenge. I have missed all summer movies because I was scared I would be too fat to fit in the seats and have to leave half way through. I wonder if any members are close enough to meet up and attend the movie with me? I am still very new to this site so any pointers on how best to get this going would be much appreciated.

Christina
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #20  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

My SISTERS! Where have you all been my whole life! I am seriously an outcast in my parts since it seems like no one else in my circles likes this stuff! So, I tend to keep this part of me hidden.

I love the original Star Trek and Next Gen. In fact, I just placated my inner geek by ordering the first two seasons of the original series on DVD (the re-mastered ones). It was my reward for getting to a certain weight.

I think Captain Kirk was such a sexy beast! And I am SO excited for the new movie to come out -- I troll the internet looking for any scrap of intel about it that I can find.

Zachary Quinto looks so much like Leonard Nimoy did that it's really uncanny.

And I really like Babylon 5, too. And Dune. And Star Wars. And Harry Potter. And Eragon. And Lord of The Rings. And so on, and so on....

Okay, here's a geek story: I was lucky enough to visit the Babylon 5 set once (after the had finished filming for the day).

And my friends and I got thrown off the set of Deep Space 9 by security once. (It's a long story, and it was an innocent mistake.)
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #21  

Does LasVegas still have Star Trek, the experience (the DS9 promenade)?

We can meet up for our own mini-convention. Thought I'd share another of my odd, geeky hobbies. Doll mutilations. Here's one (sorry it's sideways), the others were too big.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg centaur bw.jpg (25.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by kaplods; 08-28-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #22  
Made of Starstuff

Colleen ... that is too fantastic for words.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 PM   #23  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Shannon: Thank you for starting the thread that I was too shy about starting myself!

Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

DH and I are planning on going to the star trek experience next summer, if it's still around.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #25  

Oh, Faerie, that's so sweet. I'm thinking of selling her on ebay or etsy. I haven't sold on ebay for a year or two. The weird doll market kind of bottomed out, and my health problems were making dollmaking and selling a bit impractical.

I sell some in a local shop called "Funky Findz," but it seems that so many of the dolls are getting broken by careless customers or their children. Some of it's careless handling, but some of it's downright vandalism and theft (shoes stolen, bits broken off...).

The reason I have her in my posession and am considering selling her on ebay is that someone broke off the shield strap. It looks like intentional damage, because if they'd dropped it, more would have broke off.

Last edited by kaplods; 08-28-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #26  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Ooh, Buffy! I LOVE that show! I have Sarah Michelle Gellar's autograph, you know.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i'm not a trekie fan but i'm a buffy fan.. seeing as you live in atlanta...i'm assuming you'll be making a visit to Dragoncon this weekend?

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 08-28-2008 at 09:39 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #28  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

I loved Buffy too, til Angel left, I was too upset to watch it for long after that and when I did it was only for Spike. Now I am worried that I have a vampire fetish lol. After reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels, which will be the basis of the TrueBlood series on HBO, that's all I want to read about now. I have my teeth suck deep into the Twilight series(doh) and I can't wait for the movie. I do feel a little strange cause the main characters are in high school and I am 37 but at least the vampires out age me by a couple of hundred years lol.
ChristinaGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Big Star Trek fan here, loved all the series, fell in love with Spock when I was about 9 and never really got over it. I have most of the books, including the very old rare collectible ones, the playcase and dolls, phasers, posters, models, comics.

I also enjoyed Dr. Who--the first few series, though. Star Wars was okay, couldn't really get into it. The original 1980s Battlestar Galactica was fun! I will admit to watching Blake's Seven while in college, and played D&D. Yeah, I'm a geek.

Never had any interest in vampires, though, and don't get the whole vampire-thing now.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Another Trekkie here. I'm a TOS girl myself (Dad's family is crazy about it, we watch it all the time, probably have all the episodes memorized), but I've begun branching out. I've watched the first 3 seasons of TNG, and am just starting the fourth (yes, I've got the whole series for both TOS and TNG, plus all of the movies). Just as an aside, I think it is just evil the prices they change for Star Trek. The only reason they sell for twice what a normal tv show would be is just because they are Star Trek. It is SO wrong!! And I'm throught disgusted that they pushed the new movie back so far. It is KILLING me!

Has anyone seen Galaxy Quest with Tim Allen? If you are familiar with the original series you will just about die laughing!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 08-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote