General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #211  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Oh it's just too ugly to watch anymore. On to game 2, PLEASE!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #212  
I restore Teeth.

Wow, this couldn't possibly be worst for me- My severe allergies kicked in right before the game, my nose can't seem to function, my eyes are still itchy. As a result of my defunct olfactory system, my potato chips and root beer are tasteless.

Also, I've come to realize when I like both teams playing in the WS, it becomes really boring. I don;t have a team to cheer for (either that, or I'm cheering for both), Boston looks like it'll take it even if I stopped watching right now at the 5th.... wow...I never realized that team loyalty was so important in fueling my enthusiasm...

to top off my misery my tongue has now lost feeling... yay. Hope everyone enjoys the game more than I do....

Last edited by veggielover; 10-24-2007 at 10:47 PM.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #213  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Holy moly that was a long inning!
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #214  
Let's do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover View Post
Wow, this couldn't possibly be worst for me- My severe allergies kicked in right before the game, my nose can't seem to function, my eyes are still itchy. As a result of my defunct olfactory system, my potato chips and root beer are tasteless.

Also, I've come to realize when I like both teams playing in the WS, it becomes really boring. I don;t have a team to cheer for (either that, or I'm cheering for both), Boston looks like it'll take it even if I stopped watching right now at the 5th.... wow...I never realized that team loyalty was so important in fueling my enthusiasm...

to top off my misery my tongue has now lost feeling... yay. Hope everyone enjoys the game more than I do....
Awwww. Boo allergies! Nothing to enjoy about this game on this end, I'll tell you that much. It's actually downright painful.

Edit: I feel SO bad for Todd Helton.

Last edited by junebug41; 10-24-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #215  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Way to go....use up all your runs in the first game....stupid...stupid....stupid.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #216  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

VEGGIE (((BIG HUGS))) I hope you feel much better in the morning.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #217  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Way to go....use up all your runs in the first game....stupid...stupid....stupid.
HAHAHAHA

You are too funny. GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:20 AM   #218  

Fabulous game, I went to bad after the 5th it was so long, unheard of for me but it was 11:00.

Can't get all excited after 1 game though.

For all you JD Drew "fans" I read an online email to Bill Simmons from ESPN that said "I was just deciding to change my nickname for Drew from Nancy to Joanne since it's closer to his real name, now I'll just call him JD". Very funny article all kinds of emails after he hit the "14,000,000 grandslam." Another one said "Drew is up looking for the perfect double play to ground into."

Let's go game 2.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #219  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks for the game last night REDSOX BABES ~We were able to get back to our tv "fire watch" early....congratulations.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #220  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

OUCH! That one hurt.
I still have faith that the Rockies can rebound. I think that the time off really put them to sleep, but they'll bounce back.

Maybe they wanted to make the Red Sox feel overly confident.... yeah, that's it!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:02 PM   #221  

I think it will be a great series regardless of who wins. As a lifelong fan of the SOX, I will of course root for them, but know they will have to take each game at a time and I think they will.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #222  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Maybe they wanted to make the Red Sox feel overly confident.... yeah, that's it!
So true DIANE...and they are good at it too! I know....the way they snuck up on my DODGERS 7 freakin' times, the last two weeks of the regular season, was PREEE~TEEE CLEVER
Old 10-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #223  
Let's do this!

Quote:

I'm excited for the rest of this series- I think the Rox are in the position to not let one game throw a series and can take a loss for what it is and move on. They've been playing the last 20+ games like that and it has worked out pretty well. I just hope it doesn't get that ugly again, YIKES!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #224  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Awwww. Boo allergies! Nothing to enjoy about this game on this end, I'll tell you that much. It's actually downright painful.

Edit: I feel SO bad for Todd Helton.
Oh man, I totally agree with you. I remember him standing on 2nd base thinking there was SOME possibility, and I just said to myself "Gosh, Helton, you're putting some much pressure on yourself"... My allergies are barely over, and I missed the latter half... hopefully it will be better tonight

Quote:
VEGGIE (((BIG HUGS))) I hope you feel much better in the morning.
Oh thank you Gary. I was SO angry last night because I just didn't feel like I could watch it. Either it was my enthusiasm or my allergies. My eyes and nose just DIDN'T want me to watch the game!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
I think it will be a great series regardless of who wins. As a lifelong fan of the SOX, I will of course root for them, but know they will have to take each game at a time and I think they will.
I too will be happy no matter who wins the series, but I LIKE SEVERE excitement... I like it when teams REALLY make it a competition, like, tying close to the last inning, or tie number of games until the 7th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post

IThey've been playing the last 20+ games like that and it has worked out pretty well. I just hope it doesn't get that ugly again, YIKES!
I hope they could rebound and play the sox like they did in the regular season (20-5!) ortherwise the game gets boring if the Sox take it in 4 or 5 games. I hope for at least 6 games...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #225  
Working My Way Back Down

As another lifelong Red Sox fan (I may live in Alaska, but I grew up just outside of Boston), I'm here to tell you that with the Sox you never count on the win until the game/series is over! They've come soooo close so many times. I was watching the final 2004 game and still didn't believe they'd done it.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote