General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #136  
I restore Teeth.

I just soo ecstatic about this, I mean, I love the Red Sox but I felt their outfielders didn't show too much enthusiasm and motivation in this last one. I see Willy Taveras working his butt off and I say that the Rockies deserve to take this more more than any of the teams. They try so hard, they don't depend on legendary players (I'm not implying that the Red Sox only do well because of David Ortix or Manny, but the Rockies have proven that EVERY MEMBER, including the rookies and the spares, put in to a team effort). Even if the Sox do make the WS, I hope the Rockies win their first WS. Watching that game was just... insane. Seeing Todd Helton's face after the latch pitch was caught was one to remember for the ages!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I'm sad, but not surprised. DBacks lose. I cannot believe the Rockies' string. 21/22 games won. That is phenomenal (sp?). What a team. Haven't been watching the games much (DBacks/Rockies). They are on too late here.
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:08 AM   #138  
Walking by faith

Unhappy Congrats to the "Tribe"

They played a great game. It's not looking too good for my Sox right now, but they're pretty good at comebacks!

Congrats to all you Rockies fans..what a streak!

Proud member of RED SOX NATION
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:21 AM   #139  

Slightly panicking
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #140  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post
Slightly panicking
Yeah, we should be, shouldn't we? I knew they were going to lose the last night's game because my intuition was so right on. Unless they could take back the lead in these next 3 games, well... THAN I HOPE THE ROCKIES WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!! WOO GO ROCKIES!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #141  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am a bit torn as to who to root for in the series....I like all the teams that are left. With all you Rockies fans here I might just have to root for the Tribe to keep things balanced. Usually in cases like this I find my self rooting for one team even if I dont want to. But for sure if the Tribe would falter I would root for the Rockies over Boston...dunno why, I have always rooted for boston over most NL teams, but this time...nah.

Besides, the tribe banished the evil empire....that is always worth a few hurrahs!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #142  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

All I know is, after watching "Manny being Manny" (what kind of an excuse IS that?)....after a couple of home runs...one of which meant NOTHING!...I know who I won't be rooting for! I have to stay partial to the N.L. anyway, so I'll stick with CINDERELLA.

"Manny being Manny"....geeesh....you don't get away with that "hotdoggin'" in the National League unless it's a walk-off!

Here is my "perfect ending" on Thursday....Gagne comes in and gives up go ahead run in the 8th....J.D. Drew strikes out looking with the tying and go ahead run on base......

No offense REDSOX BABES....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #143  

J.D and Gagne need to go back to where they came from.

Manny, I absolutely adore, and I feel like he has earned the right to be so cocky. I like that he is controversial, keeps things interesting. People are freaking out now because he said it's "not that big a deal if they lose." I think it's funny people are so mad, overall it isn't that big of a deal, it's still just baseball. I mean I love it but seriously there are bigger things happening in the world.

My favorite has always been Varitek, but Pedroia is growing on me this year.

If we lose tonight I'm rooting for the Indians, they were always my grandmothers favorite team and they got rid of the Yanks to make the whole post-season more pleasureable
Old 10-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #144  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Down 3-1 the odds say you won't make it...but we all know the odds mean nothing, once the game starts...if the odds were true, then they wouldn't ALREADY be in the World Series.

Good luck in your game tonight.

I am so to hear J.D. won't be starting
Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #145  
I restore Teeth.

I honestly don't think they'll put Gagne up again. Love the Sox, but if they risk a game by placing Gagne there again....

But nonetheless, I can't say that I won't root for my sox!

Last edited by veggielover; 10-18-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:52 AM   #146  
Walking by faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Down 3-1 the odds say you won't make it...but we all know the odds mean nothing
You said it Gary!

Red Sox girl: 7-1.. Just the Sox being the Sox!

Proud member of RED SOX NATION
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 AM   #147  

YAY!!!!

I actually fell asleep last night when it was tied, then I woke up and it was 7-1.

I'm bummed I missed it, and I'm so happy the boys are coming back here where they belong.

Also a little bit happy about the price I'll be able to get for my parking spot tomorrow night, this little cash influx has been fun.

Now crossing my fingers and toes for tickets but that would honestly be a miracle.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #148  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I started to get a bit nervous last night but then I remembered...game 7...who is red sox pitching? Oh yeah.

I feel for the man, he looked like a zombie after his last start, just sat in the dugout staring expressionless at the field. And then apparently after the game he sat in the clubhouse for another hour before he moved. I hope he doesnt turn in to a headcase, I like boston too much for that.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #149  
I restore Teeth.

I knew the Red Sox were going to take Game 5, but that's because if I had to believe in anyone on the team, it will be my dear ol' Beckett. He carried on til the 8th inning without being relieved, and will probably be placed in the bullpen if the Sox make it to a game 7. This next game should look to their favor, as they have the homefield advantage. Unfortunately, Curt Schilling is NOT looking too good lately, and I'm not sure how this will end up. Let's go Sox.

The thing is, if the Sox make it to the world series, than I honestly don't know who to root for. I love the Sox, but I soooooo want the Rockies to win their first WS because I think their performance deserves it. I don't know man... however, the worst case scenario is if Cleveland wins the WS....

oh well. It WAS a good game!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #150  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

No problem for you gals as long as curt wears his lucky sock.