General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #151  

Let's go folks!!!!

On the edge of the couch, I wish I was on the edge of a seat at Fenway but not tonight
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #152  

Oh My God...Grand Slam By Jd Drew!!!!!! Miracles Do Happen 4-0 Boston!!!

Last edited by redsoxgirl; 10-20-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #153  
Walking by faith

Talking H*** just froze over!!

J.D. Drew just hit a GRAND SLAM!!!

Proud member of RED SOX NATION:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #154  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OK, so I leave for church and it's 0-0....I get home and it's 10-1.....so I figure Manny and David are having a big day....WHAT?

J.D. DREW....you gotta be kidding me right?...OK....so I figure he got a lucky swing in when he closed his eyes....but then I see he drove in another run...

Next thing ya know Gagne will get the win tomorrow.

Hey...I'm all for you REDSOX BABES....but seriously...J.D. Drew...a hero....a freakin' hero....

the world is coming to an end!

You are so right JOANNE...I'm getting out my jacket! **** did freeze over!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-20-2007 at 10:35 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 PM   #155  
I restore Teeth.

12-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:56 PM   #156  
I restore Teeth.

I want to say that Curt Schilling's pitching tonight was good, but it was definitely not the reason why they won... which kinda tells you that I'd take Beckett over Schilling. I love Curt Schilling but he's kind of getting old and he's not playing like his used to (though I admire his strength).

I SHOULD SAY that ERIC GAGNE WAS MUCH BETTER TODAY! (wasn't he gals???) woot!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #157  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
J.D. DREW....you gotta be kidding me right?...OK....so I figure he got a lucky swing in when he closed his eyes....but then I see he drove in another run...

Next thing ya know Gagne will get the win tomorrow.
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing tonight. I think Ortiz got 1 hit while Manny had none tonight. Gagne wasn't bad today at all! This is a change... by gosh I sure hope they toss Beckett in the bullpen and put him to use.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:21 AM   #158  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

When JD Drew and Lugo both have multi-RBI games you know your pitching SUCKS!

Good game Bosox gals...see ya tomorrow.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #159  

Height: 5'6"

All things considered, Schilling pitched well last night. They needed a good performance from him (which they got), but they needed bats from people who were not contributing....JD Drew fit the bill!! I was so happy they gave him the standing ovation. He is such a nice guy!

What an awesome game! You could see Cleveland getting a little unhinged when they were making simple errors. They are a good team. I am just a tried and true Red Sox gal!!

FWIW, I nearly choked when they sent Gagne in! YIKES!! He proved me WRONG and I think that helped boost his confidence a bit.

Game 7....here we come....it would be SOOOOOO nice to get to WS!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #160  

Good morning...OK that was awesome.

Today I looked at cleveland.com for some laughs, I love to read the opposing teams viewpoint.

Anyway I hate these announcers, I want Remy back. All they did was talk about our bullpen and Schilling not being who he used to be. Well he's 40, but the Cleveland guy has thrown twice as many pitches and is crumbling in the 2nd, you may want to mention him.

They are always dissing Manny which makes me want to hit them, but who cares...we won.

Great fabulous game, then the late night antics in the Fenway neighborhood begin. I was woken up about 3 am by a guy saying he was going to "f you up bro" to some other guy. All kinds of nonsense going on outside my window by people who probably couldn't give you the starting lineup. Tonight will be quieter since it's Sunday (maybe).

Either way who cares, I have my fingers and toes crossed for tix, but last night most of my ticket sources were also on their couches or in the bars watching.

I'm in love with Dustin Pedroia too......he is amazing. JD Drew, I'll take it I guess, lets see if he can repeat tonight.

If I don't get tix tonight I'm going for a quick walk at the start to look for bootleg t-shirts, they are like $10 and sold on the street. I want the one that says "Pedroia the destroia". I am a geek.

Last edited by redsoxgirl; 10-21-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #161  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Ok, so here's the deal......I wake early, as usual, between 4-4:30am. First thing I always go get my 2 newspapers out of the driveway. Now it being Sunday morning I know the papers will be late....usually this really PMO! ...ok, maybe just a little, I realize everyone should get to sleep in a little, one day a week, and the paper does take longer to deliver being so big and all. I lay there until I hear the car go by dropping the first one, 15 minutes later the second one hits the driveway. I do not get up, I lay there still, almost afraid to get up....WHY you ask?

Well, because just as I was hoping it was a bad dream ~ there it was RIGHT ON THE FRONT PAGE.....jd drew was a hero....a freakin' hero

It just makes me wanna barf 7 times over.....jd drew a hero ....and BILL BUCKNER a goat...makes no sense at all....I grew up watching Billy Bucs play....I saw him leave it on the line time after time....I saw his attitude and heart all those years he was a DODGER....let me tell you gals....

jd drew is no hero....he is no BILL BUCKNER That was a man that knew how to play the game!

Good luck in your game....should be exciting!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #162  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Yeah, well at least it will be mentioned in your paper. My paper is pissing me off...baseball playoffs dont make the front of the sports page, or the second page...they are somewhere around page 5 of 8. Apparently fishing and division II college football is front page worthy. Oh yes, and talking about the stupid jailblazers. It isnt basketball season yet , do you think we could have ONE day where the team isnt 1/2 the sports section?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #163  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
All things considered, Schilling pitched well last night. They needed a good performance from him (which they got), but they needed bats from people who were not contributing....
GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toristser, hey I totally feel what you're saying, and I DO think that Schilling did pitch a good game, but its just that in my heart down there I remember the old schilling, I see the older one now and it makes me sad that he didn't pitch like he used to. Even my grandmother was watching the game with me yesterday and said he looked too old to be on the field. SOmetimes I wonder how much juice is left in Curt, but you know what, he'll always remain bloody sock Curt to me . However, right now, I'm BECKETT-ning for more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgirl View Post
Good morning...OK that was awesome.

Anyway I hate these announcers, I want Remy back. All they did was talk about our bullpen and Schilling not being who he used to be. Well he's 40, but the Cleveland guy has thrown twice as many pitches and is crumbling in the 2nd, you may want to mention him.

They are always dissing Manny which makes me want to hit them, but who cares...we won.
Haha, I noticed that too, but since Cleveland wasn't scoring, their wasn't much to talk about! Did you hear the part when they started to compare the looks of Jacoby Ellesbury and Grady Sizemore? Ha! I said tomyself.. these guys must be bored....

Did anyone else laugh when Youkilis got hit with the ball on his head? You gotta love him for trying to stay alive in the game as long as he can...
Old 10-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #164  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Could be much much worse, the announcers...and all I have to say about that is ~ Joe Morgan.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #165  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
.......... Apparently fishing and division II college football is front page worthy.

The next thing ya know ENNAY they will have HOCKEY in the first 4 pages of the Sports!

Oh yes, and talking about the stupid jailblazers. It isnt basketball season yet , do you think we could have ONE day where the team isnt 1/2 the sports section?
I don't EVEN wanna hear your sad story! One word here ~ KOBE!...and it ain't about beef!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-21-2007 at 09:57 AM.