General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #196  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Finally! The Rox vs the Sox. I just hope that the Rockies haven't lost their edge with the big vacation they had now!!

Love and kisses to all the Red Sox fans, but I really hope the Rockies can finish out this miracle season in style!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #197  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Finally! The Rox vs the Sox. I just hope that the Rockies haven't lost their edge with the big vacation they had now!!

Love and kisses to all the Red Sox fans, but I really hope the Rockies can finish out this miracle season in style!!
Slash, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm hoping that The Rockies take this one. I don't want my Sox to become the "next Yankees", and I <3 my little Matsui.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #198  

As of right now nobody can get tickets to the games in Colorado! They decided that instead of showing up to buy tickets, people could only buy tickets online. They went on sale this morning at 10. Unfortunately the system crashed and ticket sales have been "suspended". There was a press conference by a representative of the Rockies, who said they are trying to fix things. I watched it on the news, and there were a LOT of angry people there. I heard later that there was a fight, and an ambulance had to be sent to Coors Field.

There was supposed to be a news conference at 4, but so far I haven't seen anything.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #199  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:

Slash, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm hoping that The Rockies take this one. I don't want my Sox to become the "next Yankees", and I <3 my little Matsui.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 AM   #200  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Yay Rockies!!!!

What a mess with the tickets. I'll admit it, I was one of the ones clogging up the server. I so want to go to a game. The odds are against me, but it's worth trying. So tomorrow I'll try again!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Regardless of if I get tickets, what a season!!! Can't wait to see how it plays out. Should be a great series!!

Go Rockies!!!!

Last edited by crazynette826; 10-23-2007 at 01:45 AM.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #201  
Diane

Ok, let's get the games started. I am getting frustrated/nervous/irritated by the sports talk shows and how everyone is so sure that the Red Sox are going to win. Shoot, the way they talk, why even bother playing the game??? Grrrr! Anyway, I hope they are all wrong.

Either way, let's get this party started!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #202  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

YEP! YOU might as well not even show up, according to most sports media, THEY have it in the bag......WHAT ARE YOU going to do about it?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #203  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Goooo Rockies! I am so bummed I am going to miss watching tonights game.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #204  
Diane

I told myself I wasn't going to listen to any more sports talk radio until we get some games going, but I did it anyway. I just keep getting more and more irritated. Does the media really think that the Rockies didn't earn this spot in the world series???? Have they even watched the Rockies play AT ALL???? I am so offended!!!! Yes, the Red Sox are a good team.... that's why they are in the WS, too. But give a little credit to the Rox! They didn't just come out of a little league tournament........!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #205  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
I told myself I wasn't going to listen to any more sports talk radio until we get some games going, but I did it anyway. I just keep getting more and more irritated. Does the media really think that the Rockies didn't earn this spot in the world series???? Have they even watched the Rockies play AT ALL???? I am so offended!!!! Yes, the Red Sox are a good team.... that's why they are in the WS, too. But give a little credit to the Rox! They didn't just come out of a little league tournament........!!!!!

Ok, take a DEEP BREATH. It's okay; I understand how you're feeling. I don't know if you know this, but with an interview down at Fenway Stadium, the Red Sox players did acknowledge that Colorado has every possibility of beating them since they did 20-5 in their regular seaosn games. But while keeping that in mind, you just saw how the Red Sox came back with a 4 game win after losing 1, and also remembering the 2004 series. Could you blame the press for NOT hyping it? The red Sox are the comeback kids. They truly are. They are also being termed the "new evil empire/ Yankees" which is what i hope they really avoid becoming. The reason why the Red Sox has so many fans is that, for the longest time, it was for the love of baseball and sympathy for these guys who couldn't win a world series after trading Babe Ruth. Also, you're forgetting that this is American League Babseball. American League has MORE VIEWERS and fans than NATIONAL LEAGUE according to telecasticing and MLB revenue statistics. I don't want to differentiate the two because to me, they don't have too many differences, but one of the main reaosns why they get the press (rather than the Rockies) is because .... lack of better gentler terms, the Red Sox are the second biggest franchise in MLB and they are more famous than the rockies... did you read all those articles after the 7 day colorado sweep of the NLDS and NLCS making fun of how history was being done by the Rockies and yet NO ONE was watching? The 2007 Rockies are amazing, but they are unnderrated because they are a relatively new franchise. The fact that Colorado STILL has WS tickets to sell speaks for itself. Red Sox fans buy out all their home game seats right at the start of the season, and are sold out faster than other teams. Red Sox also carry the highest road attendence in stadiums. They ARE a big deal in terms on money and I wouldn't be surprised if they had so many followers or coverage on the sports news. So just sit back and relax. I'm sure this will be a good game. And so what if everyone thinks the Sox will win? They're a GREAT team, but so are the 2007 ROCKIES!!

For the love of baseball, team loyalty is one thing, but watching it for the game is another that most people forget. I hope everyone enjoys the games tonight!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #206  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I'm pretty sure if my DODGERS win the first one, we'll sweep.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #207  

That made me laugh, EZMONEY.

Only a few months till Spring training, and we can start all over again!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #208  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I am looking to the future DARBY!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #209  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Before this World Series business all begins, I just want to thank all of you for making this such a fun and successful thread!

I know that whatever happens that either my ROCKIE BABES or my REDSOX BABES will be When the final game is played....for that, in advance, let me tell you I am sorry and For the winners! Enjoy the moment!

I will be pulling for the ROCKIES.....I always pull for the National League, unless my Angels are in.

I hope all of you have fun!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #210  

This thread has been a lot of fun, it's cool to see how many women are into baseball (no offense to the man of the group!!!).

But it's not over yet, the neighborhood is nuts, I just went to the gym and walking home which is across the street was insane. Of course I took a walk around the park and got some Josh Beckett signs for my classroom, we can put them in the windows tomorrow.

I'm so excited, my friend just left she is going to the game....JEALOUS!!! Can't be bitter though she has taken my to plenty of games this year

Oh well let's roll with game 1!!!!

Last edited by redsoxgirl; 10-24-2007 at 08:13 PM.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote