General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

When I first read the book, I thought that it should have been Neville to kill Bellatrix, but then the more I thought about it, it would have meant that he was doing it for revenge. Even though Bellatrix did hurt his parents, it was Voldemort that put that whole thing into motion...so I think it was even more appropriate that he got to become the "leader" of the DA after Harry skipped his senior year at Hogwarts, and that he got to destroy Nagini and the horcrux inside-especially after being face to face with V, and basically telling him to screw off to his face.

The more I thought about it, it made Bellatrix's slaying into Molly protecting her family, rather than Neville killing for revenge.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #77  
Dieting Diva

Breath in deep....

Finished ‘Potter’? Rowling tells what happens next
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 328/-/150

J.k. was on the front page of USA Today. They did a quick article on her and the book. Kind of a repeat of all the other interviews she has done. I picked up a copy and slipped the article into the dust jacket of my book. Its totally the ending of an era for me. *sniff*
Andie5205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

It makes me wonder though, how long can she stay away from the world of HP if she has already thought of all this back story? She has invested so much of herself in it a lot more than most writers. What is she going to do now?
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:44 PM   #80  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Although she has all of this back story in her mind or even written out, I have to wonder if she wouldn't be getting a bit tired of writing about the wizarding world. Of course, we all love him as I sure she does too, but after working on this same "job" for the last 17 years, I wonder if she is looking forward to writing about something else.

My favorite author ever is Agatha Christie. One of her most famous characters, Hercule Poirot, was in her books for over 40 years and is loved by many mystery fans. However, in her autobiography and in interviews, she was brutally honest in talking about she was so tired of writing about him and wished she had never created him. In all fairness, I've not held the same job for 17 years, much less 40 years, so I guess I can somewhat understand that feeling.

On another note, I had a co-worker tell me that she is a big fan, but she hasn't finished Half-Blood Prince because she is wanting to prolong and savor it, since there is only one more after it. I just thought that was interesting. I can't imagine being able to do that.

I want to re-read Deathly Hallows slowly so to see what I may have missed earlier. DH is reading it now and he isn't a very fast reader though, so it may be a while.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl77 View Post
It makes me wonder though, how long can she stay away from the world of HP if she has already thought of all this back story? She has invested so much of herself in it a lot more than most writers. What is she going to do now?
She did say that she has two writing projects going, one for adults & one for children, neither involving Harry or the wizarding world she has created.

While I love the books and am very sad to see them end, I do think that its best that they did. To continue writing about it now would be doing a disservice to the series. Like beating a dead horse. Its good that it ended now while the story still has its integrity.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
On another note, I had a co-worker tell me that she is a big fan, but she hasn't finished Half-Blood Prince because she is wanting to prolong and savor it, since there is only one more after it. I just thought that was interesting. I can't imagine being able to do that.
I so planned on do this with the last book. Told myself to read it very slowly before I got it so that it could last. Made a mental plan to read no more then one chapter a night. lol It didn't work. I read the whole book in about 3 days which shows some restraint (alot of people read it in mere hours) but not enough. But thats ok, all good things have to come to an end. We can always re-read the series and re-live the fantasies.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:48 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

I'll have to find the article again, but somewhere JK Rowling said that she was pretty much already writing the next Harry Potter-related book which is an encyclopedia regarding pretty much everything in the wizarding world.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #84  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I loved the book. Although, I wish the ending had more to it. Like what did harry/ron/hermione choose as careers?? Stuff like that. But I was crying like a big dork when Harry was walking to his "death" with his parents and everyone around him.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #85  
Woman on a mission

Thought you guys might enjoy this lol.
Potter Puppet Pals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-Huwlg2kY
Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #86  

Manda: I wanted to repost this for you. I'll look for the link for the article and add it in later. Okay, just go to "www." "msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/"

I just read a transcript from J K Rowling's interview with Meredith Vieira and she revealed a lot!

Harry and Ron work at the ministry as Aurors. They revolutionized the department and Harry is now the head.

Hermione is "pretty high up" in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

It says that, "Harry, Ron and Hermione don't join the same Ministry of Magic they had been at odds with for years; they revolutionize it and the ministry evolves into a 'really good place to be.'" "'They make a new world,' Rowling said".

Luna becomes the wizarding equivalent of a naturalist. She comes to see the truth about her father, that some creatures don't exist.

Neville, it says, finds happiness in his grandmother's approval and that his job as herbology prof at Hogwarts.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #87  
Woman on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Star060404 View Post
Manda: I wanted to repost this for you. I'll look for the link for the article and add it in later. Okay, just go to "www." "msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/"

I just read a transcript from J K Rowling's interview with Meredith Vieira and she revealed a lot!

Harry and Ron work at the ministry as Aurors. They revolutionized the department and Harry is now the head.

Hermione is "pretty high up" in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

It says that, "Harry, Ron and Hermione don't join the same Ministry of Magic they had been at odds with for years; they revolutionize it and the ministry evolves into a 'really good place to be.'" "'They make a new world,' Rowling said".

Luna becomes the wizarding equivalent of a naturalist. She comes to see the truth about her father, that some creatures don't exist.

Neville, it says, finds happiness in his grandmother's approval and that his job as herbology prof at Hogwarts.
Wow, thanks I didn't know that
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNdA22 View Post
Thought you guys might enjoy this lol.
Potter Puppet Pals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-Huwlg2kY

That is HILARIOUS! I've passed it around the office already! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #89  
Pending Email Confirmation

it's been almost a whole week. and i'm still pretty sad about it all being over.

read an article last night talking about how it would be perfectly normal for people - especially kids - to go through a sort of grief because it's over. i've been sad when a series ended before but this one really has me bummed out.

i think i'll have to re-read it
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Those links are great, did you see the HP in the hood one?

Last edited by browneyedgirl77; 07-28-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: T hose lol suppose to be those.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote