General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #121  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

i loved all the books. and what an ending!! i was so scared that they might kill off my fav character! thank god they didnt. i read the 5th, 6th and 7th book in a matter of a month. i couldnt stop!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8diets View Post
i was so scared that they might kill off my fav character! thank god they didnt.
Who is your fav character? They killed mine (Tonks) I thought if JKR was ever going to spin any character off into a book or series of his/her own she would have been ideal
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #123  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

No, she didn't name the new Headmaster.

I love the HP books, so I got mine at midnight and had it read a few hours later. I was shocked she killed Hedwig...cried at Dobby's..BAWLED at Fred's death, and then Lupin and Tonks, and bawled when Harry was walking in the forest to his "death".

My friends and I are huge fans and had all these theories. Well, they had wild theories, the majority of mine turned out to be correct, which, means the book wasnt as surprising as it should have been, but nonetheless it packed a punch! I called Snape being "good" and Dumbledore having their agreement, that Harry wouldnt die, that the final battle would be at Hogwarts, that Wormtail would "help", that the tiara WOULD be a horcrux, that Lupin would die (I always sensed ALL of the marauders would have to die), and a few others. I know other people had these thoughts as well, but my friends were stunned that I was right on so many things.

What killed me was Fred dying. I did not want her killing ONE of the twin. And then not letting us know what happened with George in the epilogue. And TONKS. I had prepared myself for Lupin, but Tonks too? Killed me.

I think Mrs.Weasley killing Bellatrix was also a huge surprise..but a good one. She definately had the best line in the book
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote