General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I will be so sad when or if these go

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #122  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Gary, then you won't have to be sad until the FINALE because they will HAVE TO be the top 2. They were both great, but Melinda was just AWESOME... oh the power and control she has over her voice, she is truly gifted.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #123  
Addicted to potato salad!

I'll tell ya...that Melinda Doolittle has really raised the bar and has shown up to win! She's the one to beat, that's for sure!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #124  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Melinda and Lakisha my top 2. The girls are so good this year.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #125  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

i think melinda did the best last night.antonella needs to go home.but i have a feeling young men will vote for her.and she'll be around for at least another round.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'10

Default My 2 cents

Helwa, I love the cat picture !! sooo cute!!

My favorites are Sundance Head and the beat boxer... Sundance has a cool name and a good voice. The beat boxer is cute. I think the winner will be a man again this year or at least I hope. I also think what makes or breaks you on this show is the song choices. At least 75% of the contestants picked HORRIBLE songs. I'll be looking forward to when they start doing themes, like disco or something like that.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #127  
so close, yet so far...

I think AJ got robbed, at least this week. It should have been Sanjaya. Randy was right when he said Sanjaya's performance was like a high school musical. He has a melodic voice but no power at all behind it. I say give him a few more years to mature. Did you see poor Sundance crying, the camera kept going back to him. He reminded me of a little boy who needed a hug poor guy.

The girls? No big losses there

And I know Gary will comment on Pickler... she looks better than the scrawny twig she used to be, but that hair was just matronly. Suprisingly, her song was actually tolerable to me. I won't comment on her "shoes" -- is that what Ryan was referring to? yeah right.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
I think AJ got robbed, at least this week. It should have been Sanjaya. Randy was right when he said Sanjaya's performance was like a high school musical. He has a melodic voice but no power at all behind it. I say give him a few more years to mature. Did you see poor Sundance crying, the camera kept going back to him. He reminded me of a little boy who needed a hug poor guy.

The girls? No big losses there

And I know Gary will comment on Pickler... she looks better than the scrawny twig she used to be, but that hair was just matronly. Suprisingly, her song was actually tolerable to me. I won't comment on her "shoes" -- is that what Ryan was referring to? yeah right.
Sanjaya NEEDs to go!

As for Pickler......if she had not been introduced, I would not have recognized her. I liked her better before. Still the ditz, though, although it is becoming more of an act.

I agree AJ got robbed. And I like the beat boxer guy. I actually can't wait until the stylists work with the contestants. The guy with the hair and glasses--what do you suppose they'll do?
Old 03-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #129  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

I've only just watched the repeat programme of the elimination as I missed it yesterday. I can't believe that Sanjaya and Antonella are still in, neither of them deserve to be ... I think they will probably be around for a while though, and I am going to despise them ... just like I did Catherine McFee last season ... I know she could sing, but she annoyed me beyond belief!

I think all the black girls are great and I'd have trouble picking one over the other so far ... although I do particularly like Lakisha, she's a great singer and such a lovely girl. The guys I'm unsure about at the moment ... I probably go for the beat boxer as he seems more original and I think he picks the right songs ... some of the others seem to have no idea. I do also like Chris with the curly hair.

What in heavens name has Kelly Pickler done to herself?!!! The hairdo and makeup made her look so old ... she used to be so fresh-faced. And that dress did absolutely nothing for her figure (don't get me wrong ... I'd kill for a figure like that! ), looks like she gained a bit of weight ... she used to look great in tight skinny jeans ... and the boobs looked much larger than I remember too ... maybe it's the bra she was wearing ... Or maybe she's spent her money on something other than shoes???
Old 03-03-2007, 12:12 PM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
WHA..ME? ~ The hair didn't do much for me...but I really...I mean I REALLY loved those "shoes!" In fact, I'm thinkin' of getting ANGIE a PAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat in Hong Kong View Post
... just like I did Catherine McFee last season ... I know she could sing, but she annoyed me beyond belief!

She still looks good though!

I think all the black girls are great and I'd have trouble picking one over the other so far ...

Me too.

although I do particularly like Lakisha, she's a great singer and such a lovely girl. The guys I'm unsure about at the moment ...

There are guys?

I probably go for the beat boxer as he seems more original and I think he picks the right songs ... some of the others seem to have no idea. I do also like Chris with the curly hair.

What in heavens name has Kelly Pickler done to herself?!!!

Are you a little slow? It was the SHOES!

The hairdo and makeup made her look so old ... she used to be so fresh-faced.

Didn't notice the face, I'll look next time.

And that dress did absolutely nothing for her figure (don't get me wrong ... I'd kill for a figure like that! ), looks like she gained a bit of weight ... she used to look great in tight skinny jeans ... and the boobs looked much larger than I remember too ... maybe it's the bra she was wearing ... Or maybe she's spent her money on something other than shoes???
Maybe I'll just Angie one of those bras then!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #131  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree that AJ got robbed. And I agree that Sanjaya (or however you spell it) was looking particularly young Michael Jackson-esque this week (while brutally murdering a great song ).

I am glad Matt went home--he was a cutie, but I just couldn't picture him as anything other than one of the less popular members of a boy band--you know, not the Justin Timberlake of N'Sync or the Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys, but more of the older guy in the band who never really stands out. Oh, and I hated his rendition of Fever. I know it was original, but that's one of my favorite songs, and being original or "making a song your own" shouldn't have to require killing it

This is in no way a racist statement, but rather simply an observation (and personal opinion)--all of the white girls can go home. They got completely blown away by Lakesha, Melinda, the young 17-year old girl, the one with the short hair who sang Beyonce (and sounded EXACTLY like her--I didn't know the song so didn't know it was Beyonce, but I actually commented that she sounded like Beyonce while she was singing), and the one with the tiny ringlet curls--I din't remember her name or what song she did, but I definitely remember her being GREAT.

I do like Gina Glocksen--I know, Gary, she doesn't look like a manufactured Barbie doll like you would prefer, and I'm sure her hair coloring and tattoos and whatnot make her appear to be less than "wholesome," but I honestly think she's got the greatest voice of the white girls remaining, plus I LOVE that she DOESN'T look like a Barbie doll

The reddish-haired girl that went this week did need to go--she didn't have a horrible voice, but she did have a horrible stage presence. Every time she was singing, I had to look away--she just looked SO awkward and almost in pain the entire time. I was surprised she even survived the first week, personally (since you know America does not vote based primarily on actual singing talent--we learn that when AJ went home and even here with Gary and his support for Pickler ).
Old 03-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #132  
skinnycook

S/C/G: 160/155/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm a big idol fan. Chris Sligh is our local boy. I think he is real good but not sure if he will win!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #133  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I do like Gina Glocksen--I know, Gary, she doesn't look like a manufactured Barbie doll like you would prefer, and I'm sure her hair coloring and tattoos and whatnot make her appear to be less than "wholesome," but I honestly think she's got the greatest voice of the white girls remaining, plus I LOVE that she DOESN'T look like a Barbie doll

AW JILLY ~ My wife has two tattoos (she'd probably have more if it didn't hurt her) and she gets her hair colored...blond to red to brunette and back again. Oh, and she ain't "wholesome" but I love her to pieces! And besides that..I was rooting for Katharine McPhee last year all along(no not as #1)...and I didn't think she sang all that sweal or had the ...aww. Brit...er...Barbie look.

....... I was surprised she even survived the first week, personally (since you know America does not vote based primarily on actual singing talent--we learn that when AJ went home and even here with Gary and his support for Pickler ).
I believe PICKLER made it close to the top of the charts! With that Red Heels song!! Am I right TECWIFE? I think it's pretty good...I rest my case...well, for now!

I think I am getting a bad rap here girls! Or maybe my friend JILLY is just pickin' on me today
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 AM   #134  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I also like Gina Glocksen, but Melinda Doolittle is really great.

Gary, I have to hand it to you. Pickler's song Reg High Heels is really good.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #135  
so close, yet so far...

skinnycook, I love Chris Sligh, he's really hilarious but seems pretty genuine and sweet. His wife is beautiful. I hope he's stays in til the finals but I'm really thinking it will be a girl winning this year, the competition is fierce.
Closed Thread