Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #556  

S/C/G: 143/140/120

Height: 5 foot 0!

Did anyone else notice that Chalene clarifies much more what weights she is using in the Push phase eg I'm using 20lb weights so that's 40 in total? Cause she definitely doesn't do that in the Push phase. I think looking at my chart I was on some of my weights going way over Lailee's weights but nowhere near Chalene so it's making me determined to try harder on my next rotation!

I've just restarted Push as I went on holiday for a quick break but it broke up my routine. However, I still lost a few pounds whilst away! Bonus!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #557  

S/C/G: 143/140/120

Height: 5 foot 0!

With regards protein shakes, they can be very expensive and skimmed milk powder which is much cheaper is an effective substitute.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #558  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hello ladies! You may remember me from a post weeks ago that said I would be starting CLX "tomorrow." Well due to a stupid back injury I had to delay and I started getting intimidated and kept putting it off...but NO MORE! I am absolutely definitely starting Monday Morning (tomorrow)!!!

As for the protein shake discussion, I use the GNC Wheybolic Extreme protein. It has 20g protein per scoop and only about 90 calories per scoop. It mixes fairly well and the chocolate tastes great! I wouldn't reccommend getting any other flavor than chocolate...I've tried...and regretted it. Most malls I've been to have a GNC store in them...or you can order online. Hope this helps!

If I don't report back tomorrow with how sore I am from doing day 1 someone PLEASE pm me and give me that push I need to get going! lol

Thanks ladies!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #559  

S/C/G: 182/161/153

Height: 5'7"

Talking PUSH - Day 1

All I can say is WOW! I use the same weight as Chalene except for tricep extensions and my arms are still shaking! I do love the challenge, though.

Others have posted about extreme hunger and I, too, experience that on the days I lift. I also drink a protein shake after workout. I use a chocolate flavored whey powder that I picked up at Walmart (Body Fitness?). These really help A LOT. I use 8 oz water - 6 ice cubes - 1 1/2 scoops of powder - 1 TBS of natural peanut butter.

If you're still drinking sodas, even diet ones, I encourage you to give them up totally or have one a week. I'd always heard that diet sodas didn't help you lose weight, and once I gave them up, I noticed a 5lb difference pretty quickly.

When I'm wanting something sweet I usually keep on hand - Swiss Miss Fudge Bars (100 calories and really creamy), Sugar Free Fat Free pudding cups (topped with a couple of spoonfuls of Sugar Free Cool Whip, 8-10 dark choc. morsels and 4-5 chopped pecans) - Mayfield banana pops (50 cal). This way, I don't feel as if I'm depriving myself of dessert.

When I started doing Turbo Jam a few months back, I didn't watch my diet so much. After a sweat drenched workout, I finally said to myself "are you sweating your butt off so you can shove more junk in your mouth?". After that, I started sticking to suggested serving sizes and making more of an effort to eat healthy.

I have been so happy with the results I wish I could afford to buy the videos for all my friends.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #560  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I'm interested in the ChaLEAN thing....everyone has such great reviews.

However, a few questions.

1) REALLY silly question. I've gathered that it's just a set of DVD's that take you through exercises...is this correct? Can somebody nutshell what exactly it is, lol?

2) What equipment will I need? I'm a poor college kid and don't have the money to buy a bunch of weights and so on.

3) I have bad wrists from a horse riding accident. I don't think I could even do something like a pushup, not because I'm not strong enough, it would just be too rough on my wrists. Is this going to hold me back a lot for this program?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #561  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I did it! Burn circuit 1 YES! I don't think I did heavy enough for my legs, but man are my arms shaking! I'm lovin' it!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #562  

To mkendrick

The program is a set of 6 dvds:
Burn Circuit 1/2/3
Push Circuit 1/2/3
Lean Circuit 1/2/3
Burn Intervals/Ab Burn/Extreme Abs
Burn It Off/Recharge
Burn Basics (Band Basics/Healthy Eating/Kitchen Makeover)

I won my set on Ebay for $61. This did not include the guidebook. However, you can find the routine calendar and sheet that you track your weight/reps online. I believe there's a link to it on one of the pages here in the forum, but I've forgotten which one.

I bought adjustable weights at Walmart for $57 a piece. They're Gold's Gym brand, and while not top of the line, work well for me. You can also use resistance tubing. One of the girls in the video uses the tubing so that you will be able to see what to do.

I can't answer about your wrists. Have you tried to do a pushup or two to see how they'll hold up? Would a brace or wrapping them help? It may be that you do better with the tubing. My hands tend to get tired when holding heavier weights, which you normally use when working your lower body.

Hope this helps! I have nothing but positive things to say about this program. It has been a perfect fit for me. The results are amazing and it's totally doable. I've had so many friends order P90X (which I truly know nothing about) and they have never made it through. Maybe it is that hard, I don't know, but this is challenging and doable enough to keep me coming back.

Good luck w/your decision!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #563  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
I'm interested in the ChaLEAN thing....everyone has such great reviews.
3) I have bad wrists from a horse riding accident. I don't think I could even do something like a pushup, not because I'm not strong enough, it would just be too rough on my wrists. Is this going to hold me back a lot for this program?
I also had hurt my right wrist, while doing 30day shred, seems too much weight on that wrist, my dr suggested no weight bearing exercise until it healed. So I did buy a wrist brace at walmart, and allowed it to heal, it did take about 3months for me to be able to do pushups or planks. My suggestion for you is to try, see if you can do the pushups on your knees, and try to build up your upper arm strength, by lifting weights. I did continue to do my Turbo Jam, {before this CLX, arrived} and Yoga, I'm very careful not to over do it, but lucky for me, Chalene only asks you to do no more than 12 reps in Burn, I'm now in Push, so it's only 6 to 8 reps. Chalene does do pushups in couple of her routines, but modify, if it's too tough, or gives you alot of pain. If you do buy this DVD, you will love it, Good Luck
Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #564  

Okay - stupid questions here. How do you subscribe to a thread? I'm usually pretty computer savvy but this one is eluding me. Help!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #565  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey all! Just started Push phase last week. Unfortunately I did Push Circuit 1 and that was it - holidays messed things up a bit. I'm re-starting this week.

Just wanted to give my Burn phase results - I really did not expect much since most say the burn phase doesn't do much, but I lost quite a bit of inches. The first set is my starting measurements, the second set is the end of the burn phase measurements.

Starting Weight 158.6 Burn Phase Weight 154.4

Calves 13" Calves 13" (not surprising since my calves are mostly muscle now)

Thighs 22" Thighs 21.5" (-.5)

Hips 38" Hips 35.5" (-2.5)

Waist 32.5" Waist 30.5" (-2)

Chest 35" Chest 33.5" (-1.5)

Arms 12.5" Arms 12" (-.5)

I am pretty stoked! I can also do four push ups now... starting out I couldn't do any!

Also... protein shake. I make my own using chocolate soy protein powder... tastes like a Reese's peanut butter cup!

1 scoop chocolate soy protein
Sugar free Torani chocolate syrup (probably 1/4 cup)
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1-1.5 cups skim milk
ice

SO GOOD! It can be calorie heavy so I actually use it as a breakfast shake.

Lastly... so I thought I could increase the weights to 15 lbs for the Push phase, holy crap I found myself using the 10lb weights still for some exercises, especially triceps. Man those are killer!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #566  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossybritches View Post
Okay - stupid questions here. How do you subscribe to a thread? I'm usually pretty computer savvy but this one is eluding me. Help!
If you go to the thread tools box at the top of the thread, and click on that, there is a link to subscribe to the thread.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #567  

Congrats, Fat Pants! Just saw your weight-loss ticker - what an amazing sense of accomplishment! Wish I'd have thought to measure myself before the Burn Phase but I def. lost inches too. I started Push Circuit 1 on Monday, so it appears we're at the same point in the program.

I LOVED looking at my worksheet after I'd filled in the last weight/rep for the Burn phase and seeing it all filled up. It's there in black & white that I'm 1/3 of the way through. Can't wait to see final results!

Good luck to ya!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #568  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please start a new thread. This one is well past the 500 posts mark. Thanks.

Edited Dec 3 to add:

The new thread is started under a slightly different name. Click on http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...ml#post3032622 to go there.
Closed Thread