Old 01-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #1  
wiggle and jiggle b gone

S/C/G: SW 180/ see tracker/ GW 145

Default Firm wave

Has anyone tried this and if so is it worth the money? Seen the infomercial yesterday morning and thought that it could help me but wanted to see what everyone else thinks about it before buying!
wvugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

seems that somebody on these boards would have tried this? i would like to hear what a real user has to say about it. anybody???
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/?/140

Height: 5'6

I have the Wave. Part of me thinks these women are psycho workout cylons who don't sweat and the other part thinks it's the greatest thing ever invented.

If you get it, you better follow the calendar or you'll do what I did and nearly break my ankle cause I thought I was a know it all. It has you doing the instructional video & a workout for a few days before taking you into doing the workouts alone. Watch all the videos, Allie's is good, she will get you sweating, but the Rock it off (the hour from ****) I still haven't made it through yet, she is a Cylon.

I'm an hourglass shape, with more sand on the bottom. (I can lift 15lbs no problem but tell me to do a squat and I'm crying like a baby.) I feel every inch of this the next day in my inside thigh, outside thigh, saddlebags, hams, pretty much anywhere my body reminds me my legs are weaklings.
VALady78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #4  
To Be Fit

S/C/G: 130/127/110

Height: 5'0''

Default The FIRM

After doing research on this website, I decided to buy the FIRM Body Sculpting System with the Fanny Lifter. I got a kit off of EBay for a reasonable price. I LOVE IT. The Wave is their newest product and I am sure it works but to me it looks like it could require more coordination?
nolemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #5  

I just received the wave and did the tutorial this morning and the 10 minute ab workout. Whew! I think it is going to be excellent. Now keep in mind it has been a year since I have really exercised, so I am starting really slow. I haven't done the official workout videos yet. I will probably do the trainer and ab workout until I feel a bit more comfortable to jump in. It has been several years since I've used the firm. (I did the fanny lifter series) 3 years ago and had wonderful results.
calemjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/181/125

Height: 5.1

I have been using the Wave for 2 weeks and I love it. It's a great work out. Not easy by any means, the first time I tried it I almost didn't make it through the first workout (There's a lot of moves and I'm very uncoordinated.) But I really work up a sweat in a relatively short workout, getting the hang of it, lost inches off of my thighs and waist and now I look forward to jumping on there. I always tell my husband "these girls are trying to kill me".. but really they are a great inspiration. It's a lot of fun if you want to change up your routine.
Redzodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #7  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

I have the Fanny Lifter and the TransFirmer (a little wider than the FL) kits and have used them for years! I have been contemplating the Wave only because I too, can see myself on the verge of twisting an ankle. Some of the workouts are too fast and if your tired you could easily sprain something. They ARE cylons out to kill us...but they want us to have tight tushies first! LMAO

I say go for it. There isn't a FIRM product I tried that I didn't like and adjust to. I dont know about the WAVE workouts but all the other workouts have different instructors showing different levels...that way you can work your way up. HTH
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #8  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 280/272/160

Height: 5'8"

I got my wave yesterday, and did my first workout this morning. Check that...I did the 10 minute introduction this morning...if it's any indication of what's to come, this thing works. I am not coordinated at all but I was able to manage just fine. I did struggle to get my balance a little at first, but you will adjust quickly and the dvd goes very slow so that you can get your balance about you. I watched all the videos beforehand and they each have an express workout and a full length workout. It seemed IMO that the express workouts skipped some of the more complex moves and focused more on the basic moves, which is great because the express workouts are recommended for beginners for 4 weeks - plenty of time to get coordinated.
Iheartsushi418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #9  

Can anyone explain the rotation calendar for the wave to me. I think I've been doing too many workouts in one day. I'm confused with the Rock It Off Express Cardio and Express Abs days. It looks like on the calendar that I should be doing Rock It Off, Express Cardio like it says on the dvd, and Express Abs? But then I look at the intermediate calendar on week 4 day 22 and when it looks like they mean Express Cardio when they say Rock it Off Express Cardio. I hope this makes sense, Thanks in advance
Meeky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I don't have the Firm but I have the transfirmer system and I will say that I would say yes to anything done by The Firm.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote