Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:27 AM   #436  

I'm in the last week of the Push month. I love it! I almost don't want to move on to the Lean month!
My boyfriend just bought me the Select Tech weights so I can't wait to finish so I can start over again and use heavier weights.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #437  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

tiffany -- that's great! I'm envious of your Select Tech weights. Let me know how those work out. I have some adjustable weights, but they're cheaper than Select Tech and (I think) a whole lot clunkier.

I'm only in the first week of Push, but I agree, I love this month. The other day I did squats with the heaviest weights I own and it wasn't heavy enough! It made me feel awesome!

Have you lost any weight that you can tell since starting CLX? I really enjoy this program, and I do look a little more toned, but I haven't actually lost inches. I don't know if I need to do better with my eating (probably) or if it just takes a while for the effects to kick in.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #438  

I've lost about 3-4 lbs, and in the first month I lost 4.5 inches total. In the Push month my measurements stayed the same except for my hips, where I lost an inch.
I mostly see the difference though, especially in my arms. I hear that the most weight is lost in the Lean month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I'll lose a few more lbs. I went through a few weeks where I wasn't eating as healthy as I should, and this past week I really got back on track so hopefully my results will be better next month.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #439  
better, faster, stronger

Good to know. Thanks, Tiffany. I remeasured and it looks like I've lost 2.5 inches. Better than nothing! I've also gotten on track with my eating, so here's to hoping. Good luck with Lean!
Old 10-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

I can't stand it!!!! I am reading through the Chalean Xtreme thread, I am on page 19 - does anyone ever answer poor patient CLuciano??

Top of this page, click on User CP, Click on Edit Signature, there you can make your own ticker. I hope this answers your question - please post if this is not what you are looking for. You are so patient....
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Okay, now I feel better for cluciano! SkinnyVivi gave her the information on page 21 of this thread! Yea!!! Ya'll are doing awesome, I'm just lurking, looking at your progress, trying to decide if I should go this route, carry on.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #442  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hi ladies!

Haven't bought CLX yet, still researching, still trying to find the best bargain. I do have another question though,

I have my eye on the select tech dumbbells by bowflex and the smallest ones I can find are the 552's and they go up to 50 pounds! Anyone else using these? How do they work for the CLX dvd's?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #443  
better, faster, stronger

Eve -- The Select Techs are actually the very same weights a lot of the people in the CLX videos use, including Chalene herself. I bet they'd be perfect! (I have adjustable weights too, but cheaper ones that go in 2.5 pound increments. They go up to 25 pounds each.)

As far as I recall, nobody EVER uses more than 50 pound dumbbells in the videos ... Chalene herself generally uses 20-30 pound dumbbells. And I definitely lift a lot less than that, more like 10-20, since I'm new to weight-lifting. Just to give you some sort of reference.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/14oishhh

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
I can't stand it!!!! I am reading through the Chalean Xtreme thread, I am on page 19 - does anyone ever answer poor patient CLuciano??

Top of this page, click on User CP, Click on Edit Signature, there you can make your own ticker. I hope this answers your question - please post if this is not what you are looking for. You are so patient....
Awww thank you
Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #445  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany0809 View Post
I've lost about 3-4 lbs, and in the first month I lost 4.5 inches total. In the Push month my measurements stayed the same except for my hips, where I lost an inch.
I mostly see the difference though, especially in my arms. I hear that the most weight is lost in the Lean month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe I'll lose a few more lbs. I went through a few weeks where I wasn't eating as healthy as I should, and this past week I really got back on track so hopefully my results will be better next month.

Hello
what nutrition plan are you following if you dont mind sharring!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #446  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone! I just ordered CE after feeling like I've come to a standstill with my weight loss. I lost 55 lbs from running... but I am still flabby. Looking to lose the last 20 or so and hopefully more inches! I think my CE should be here by the end of the week...looking forward to getting started!

I'm wondering if anyone uses this to supplement their running program? I will schedule it so that my rest days are taken before my long runs.

Last edited by Fat Pants; 10-19-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #447  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyra View Post
Eve -- The Select Techs are actually the very same weights a lot of the people in the CLX videos use, including Chalene herself. I bet they'd be perfect! (I have adjustable weights too, but cheaper ones that go in 2.5 pound increments. They go up to 25 pounds each.)

As far as I recall, nobody EVER uses more than 50 pound dumbbells in the videos ... Chalene herself generally uses 20-30 pound dumbbells. And I definitely lift a lot less than that, more like 10-20, since I'm new to weight-lifting. Just to give you some sort of reference.
Thanks! That's really helpful!

The 552's are the lightest ones I could find. The other ones go up to 90...sheesh! Bowflex did make smaller select techs at one point, but they are discontinued and I can't find them anywhere!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #448  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluciano View Post
Hello
what nutrition plan are you following if you dont mind sharring!
Of course I don't mind.

I'm counting calories, and staying between 1500-1550 a day (I'm 5'5" and 129 lbs at the moment). I compared a handful of websites to calculate what each one says I should eat to lose 1 lb a week, and kinda averaged them out. Most said somewhere between 1500-1600.

Below is a list of foods I eat, not all on one day though. I alternate through the lists just so it doesn't get completely boring:

Breakfast:
hard boiled eggs
whole wheat english muffin with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
steel cut oats w/ 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder & 1 teaspoon peanut butter (I got this idea from this forum)
1/2 a cup Low fat vanilla yogurt w/ mixed berries

Lunch:
Tuna fish on whole wheat bread w/ tomato & onion
Turkey & low fat mozzarella w/ low fat mayo & tomato on a low carb whole wheat wrap (I eat half for lunch and save the other half for dinner or lunch the next day)
With my lunch I either have fresh veggies or 1 serving of Riceworks chips. They are delicious, but only ONE serving. Yes, I count out 10 chips and put the rest away.
1 serving of salmon (about 3 oz) w/ mixed veggies

Dinner:
Stir fry w/ 1 teaspoon of olive oil - chicken cutlet, red peppers, squash, onions, snow peas, green beans
Whole wheat pasta (ONE serving!) w/ tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and a tiny bit of goat cheese
Pork chop w/ fat trimmed off, veggies listed above, 2 baby red potatoes
1 medium avocado w/ a handful of grape tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and a little black pepper (LOVE this!)

Snacks:
Low-fat string cheese
Special K bars (chocolatey drizzle is my favorite). But I try not to have too many since there is some sugar and chemicals in it.
Apples, berries, bananas, etc. Whatever fruit I can get my hands on.
Organic brown rice cake w/ 1 tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of fruit preserves (I use raspberry and I make sure its 100% natural, no sugar or chemicals added). It's also good w/ a little honey drizzled on top.
Handful of mixed nuts, seeds, and raisins

Once in a while (maybe 3 times a week) I try to replace a meal with a protein shake. I like mixed berries w/ vanilla protein, 1/2 a cup of skim milk, a few ice cubes and a splash of apple juice. Or banana, 1/2 a cup of skim milk, ice cubes, and chocolate protein powder.

I also allow myself to have a cup of coffee in the morning w/ 1 splenda and a tablespoon of half and half, OR a skinny vanilla latte from starbucks.

When I look at it all written out it looks like a lot. But obviously I'm not eating all of this on one day and there are some days when it's a challenge not to pig out but as long as I plan ahead this menu generally works for me.

I also do some type of cardio on the CLX "rest" days.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #449  

I started the Lean phase today and holy moly was it hard!!!! My whole body was shaking! I love it though.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #450  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany0809 View Post
Of course I don't mind.

I'm counting calories, and staying between 1500-1550 a day (I'm 5'5" and 129 lbs at the moment). I compared a handful of websites to calculate what each one says I should eat to lose 1 lb a week, and kinda averaged them out. Most said somewhere between 1500-1600.

Below is a list of foods I eat, not all on one day though. I alternate through the lists just so it doesn't get completely boring:

Breakfast:
hard boiled eggs
whole wheat english muffin with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
steel cut oats w/ 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder & 1 teaspoon peanut butter (I got this idea from this forum)
1/2 a cup Low fat vanilla yogurt w/ mixed berries

Lunch:
Tuna fish on whole wheat bread w/ tomato & onion
Turkey & low fat mozzarella w/ low fat mayo & tomato on a low carb whole wheat wrap (I eat half for lunch and save the other half for dinner or lunch the next day)
With my lunch I either have fresh veggies or 1 serving of Riceworks chips. They are delicious, but only ONE serving. Yes, I count out 10 chips and put the rest away.
1 serving of salmon (about 3 oz) w/ mixed veggies

Dinner:
Stir fry w/ 1 teaspoon of olive oil - chicken cutlet, red peppers, squash, onions, snow peas, green beans
Whole wheat pasta (ONE serving!) w/ tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and a tiny bit of goat cheese
Pork chop w/ fat trimmed off, veggies listed above, 2 baby red potatoes
1 medium avocado w/ a handful of grape tomatoes, onion, lime juice, and a little black pepper (LOVE this!)

Snacks:
Low-fat string cheese
Special K bars (chocolatey drizzle is my favorite). But I try not to have too many since there is some sugar and chemicals in it.
Apples, berries, bananas, etc. Whatever fruit I can get my hands on.
Organic brown rice cake w/ 1 tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese and 1 tablespoon of fruit preserves (I use raspberry and I make sure its 100% natural, no sugar or chemicals added). It's also good w/ a little honey drizzled on top.
Handful of mixed nuts, seeds, and raisins

Once in a while (maybe 3 times a week) I try to replace a meal with a protein shake. I like mixed berries w/ vanilla protein, 1/2 a cup of skim milk, a few ice cubes and a splash of apple juice. Or banana, 1/2 a cup of skim milk, ice cubes, and chocolate protein powder.

I also allow myself to have a cup of coffee in the morning w/ 1 splenda and a tablespoon of half and half, OR a skinny vanilla latte from starbucks.

When I look at it all written out it looks like a lot. But obviously I'm not eating all of this on one day and there are some days when it's a challenge not to pig out but as long as I plan ahead this menu generally works for me.

I also do some type of cardio on the CLX "rest" days.

Excellent new ideas for me to try. I am also at about 1500 - 1600 cal a day i keep a food journal also.
but what is: steel cut oats w/ 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder & 1 teaspoon peanut butter (I got this idea from this forum)?????? do you mix all that in blender??? or you eat it all mixed dry ??? dont know what steel cut oats is

I did my first round of C.E. Back in May and then joined a gym for change. I get bored easy BOOOO so i been stuck at 152 - 155is for about 2 months and so i am tomorrow im starting the Lean for life calendar schedule see how that goes for me and maybe the next month do Lean phase again ...i am looking to hit my fat % loss goal of 16% at whatever weight that may be... maybe 145ishh ......dont know!

Last edited by Cluciano; 10-19-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Closed Thread